FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 45 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Shanktotheright, royal, bobgalle100011, agenonline, TooNice
22862 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
THEFOREVERMAN 3
MattJ 2
royal 2
Dobbersky 2
Marcus Charles 1
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
New Topics
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by Marcus Charles
03/24/14 04:39 PM
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by Dobbersky
03/20/14 05:45 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
AKK kata question
by
09/04/05 01:27 PM
Recent Posts
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by THEFOREVERMAN
04/16/14 08:22 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by THEFOREVERMAN
04/16/14 08:20 AM
AKK kata question
by MattJ
04/04/14 05:45 PM
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Forum Stats
22862 Members
36 Forums
35546 Topics
432378 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Topic Options
#429499 - 08/29/10 10:05 AM Too easy.
Nathan MacDonald Offline
Stranger

First a pre-story, story. I was born and raised in Calgary. At the age of 10 my family moved to where my parents grew up. Prince Edward Island. The kids of PEI were all the exact same. All white, ignorant, and not accepting of people who are different. When I found this out I grew my hair long (to [censored] them off). Very long compared to any boy in this province. Since then they always picked on me of course, but I didn't mind because it filtered out my friends. The ones who called me a homo were not my friends the ones that accepted me with my long hair of course stayed my friends. Throughout all the years I was still picked on of course, but it didn't really affect me badly. It actually made me stronger as an individual. The point of this pre-story, story was just to let you know why I was "attacked". Here it goes:

Today I was really bored so I decided to go play basketball (by myself...lame I know :P) at the local elementary. (it's the only good place with an outside basketball court around) After about a hour of me playing about 5 ATV's and 2 dirt-bikes showed up. They all yelled at me and swore and stuff...the usual, but one kid was really trying to impress his so called "friends" and he followed me as I began walking away from them. He kept running into the back of my ankles and legs. Eventually he got bored of this and turned around. I thought he was done but then he faced me and sped after me and punched me on the way by. He went back to do it again and as he went by, punching me pretty much harmlessly on the shoulder I thought out a perfect way to take him out. It went through my mind as clear as day. *As he went by I would simply do a spinning back fist to his face and knock him off the bike* It seemed too easy, but then I of course remembered all his friends so I just continued walking away...ignoring him.

So yeah...that happened just about an hour ago. It wasn't really scary at all because I was doing a breathing technique I learned from yoga and that kept me really calm and made me able to not panic. This was kind of a pointless story, but you guys are part of my Martial Arts family so I thought you should know.

His punches didn't hurt at all btw. I think he was punching with his wrists bent....even with the power of his dirt-bike it was barely anything. He probably actually hurt his wrists more than he hurt me anyways with those bent wrists wink

#429503 - 08/29/10 10:43 AM Re: Too easy. [Re: Nathan MacDonald]
MattJ Offline
Free Rhinoplasty!
Prolific

Loc: York PA. USA
Wise for you not to respond with so many of them. They would have undoubtedly stomped you into a puddle. Especially with no damage done by the one kid anyway. Wise, you are.

#429506 - 08/29/10 01:06 PM Re: Too easy. [Re: MattJ]
Kathryn Offline

Loc: Washington, DC
Nathan: It sounds like you exercised a great deal of self-control and compassion in this situation. Knowing that you had the ability to cause great damage to the kid on the bike may have been the key to realizing that you didn't *have* to cause great damage to him. That the hurt he was inflicting was nothing compared to the hurt you could have inflicted.

But I am sure that you will think through this and come to your own wisdom about it.

Kathryn

#429515 - 08/29/10 06:42 PM Re: Too easy. [Re: Kathryn]
Mark Jordan Offline

Loc: Burbank, California
It was wise of you to do that. You have displayed not only self-control and discipline but humility as well. It is nice to know that there are still young people who demonstrate such prudent qualities.

#429522 - 08/30/10 02:44 AM Re: Too easy. [Re: Mark Jordan]
ninpopo Offline

Loc: Africa *drums starts playing i...
As i agree with the above, you did do the right thing. But if this is a constant issue where these people are harrasing you, why not put charges against them? Trying to physically fight them will be a huge mistake because they will pommel you half to death, but getting restraining orders against these people is not.

Seriously think about it, since you do have rights my friend

Moderator:  Ames, Cord, MattJ, McSensei, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Fight Videos
Night club fight footage and street fights captured with the world's first bouncer spy cam

How to Matrix!
Learn ten times faster with new training method. Learn entire arts for as little as $10 per disk.

Self Defense
Stun guns, pepper spray, Mace and self defense products. Alarms for personal and home use.

TASER MC26C
Stop An Urban Gorilla: Get 2 FREE TASER M26C Replacement Air Cartridges With Each New TASER M26C!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga