FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 34 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
LeroyCFischer, JadeKing, Beefcake, WesJones, simonajones111
22933 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
charlie 2
futsaowingchun 2
Zombie Zero 1
harlan 1
William_Bent 1
November
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
New Topics
unrecognized kata
by William_Bent
11/19/14 07:05 PM
I gained a lot of month in the last few months
by simonajones111
11/19/14 04:54 AM
Siu Lin Tao-3rd section applications
by futsaowingchun
11/13/14 06:48 PM
Screen fighting course UK December 2014
by charlie
11/11/14 04:09 PM
Siu Lin Tao-1st section Pak Sao explanations
by futsaowingchun
11/09/14 10:30 PM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
MA style video library
by
03/22/06 03:18 PM
Recent Posts
unrecognized kata
by William_Bent
11/19/14 07:05 PM
I gained a lot of month in the last few months
by simonajones111
11/19/14 04:54 AM
Siu Lin Tao-3rd section applications
by futsaowingchun
11/13/14 06:48 PM
Screen fighting course UK December 2014
by charlie
11/11/14 04:09 PM
MA style video library
by charlie
11/11/14 04:05 PM
Siu Lin Tao-1st section Pak Sao explanations
by futsaowingchun
11/09/14 10:30 PM
Forum Stats
22933 Members
36 Forums
35589 Topics
432521 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#428824 - 08/03/10 11:39 AM Re: Rise in US Children taking Krav Maga Classes [Re: Kathryn]
ninpopo Offline

Loc: Africa *drums starts playing i...
Originally Posted By: Kathryn
[quote=ninpopo]

It's great that we don't have to teach our children such things nowadays, but I wonder if we haven't gone too far in the direction of completely shielding them from it. I think every human being should be able to defend themselves.

Kathryn

Exactly!!! Yes every person should know how, but imo not with Krav Maga, its an extremely offensive fighting style, not so much defensive...

But yet again, people think different in different parts of the world, is Kung Fu not intially part of the chinese school cirriculum?? That too is a fighting style used by warriors of the middle ages smile

#428842 - 08/04/10 01:40 PM Re: Rise in US Children taking Krav Maga Classes [Re: ninpopo]
Kathryn Offline

Loc: Washington, DC
I actually would like to know why you think of Krav Maga as more offensive than defensive, given its history. Also, every quality self-defense program in the United States is based in Krav Maga.

Kathryn

#428844 - 08/04/10 02:16 PM Re: Rise in US Children taking Krav Maga Classes [Re: Kathryn]
MattJ Offline
Free Rhinoplasty!
Prolific

Loc: York PA. USA
Originally Posted By: Kathryn
every quality self-defense program in the United States is based in Krav Maga.

Kathryn

!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That will be news to the leagues of American kenpo practitioners, for one group!

#428853 - 08/05/10 03:13 AM Re: Rise in US Children taking Krav Maga Classes [Re: MattJ]
ninpopo Offline

Loc: Africa *drums starts playing i...
@Kathryn, we all do respect, but do you mind showing the source of your statement?

I think youll get a better understanding on the martial art if you watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pb2TUDpkln4 youll see what i mean (just watch it in sequence 1 - 7).

PS that isreali chick is stunning laugh

#428860 - 08/05/10 08:21 AM Re: Rise in US Children taking Krav Maga Classes [Re: ninpopo]
Kathryn Offline

Loc: Washington, DC
Originally Posted By: ninpopo
@Kathryn, we all do respect, but do you mind showing the source of your statement?

I think youll get a better understanding on the martial art if you watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pb2TUDpkln4 youll see what i mean (just watch it in sequence 1 - 7).

PS that isreali chick is stunning laugh

I should have stated that more clearly. There are two major markets that use Krav Maga techniques in the United States--those who take street self-defense programs and physical security experts. Both of these markets are interested primarily in defensive tactics.

It just seems to me that if Krav Maga were so locked into being offensive, it wouldn't have been a Krav Maga expert who invented the Impact program. Arts are adaptable.

Kathryh

#428863 - 08/05/10 10:21 AM Re: Rise in US Children taking Krav Maga Classes [Re: Kathryn]
Prizewriter Offline
Professional Poster

What I think Ninpopo was saying was that Krav Maga generally encourages an aggressive response to an attack. Certainly from what I've seen in the couple of classes I attended and clips like the above, certain KM schools do seem to encourage a "kill or be killed" mentaility. As to whether or not this is reflective of the system or is the best philosophy for physical self-protection, well, thats not for me to say.

I also think that the goals of a civilian defending themselves and the goals of a security professional can be quite different. The former may be intent on survival from a physical fight, the latter may want to restrain a person. I certainly wouldn't discount the impact of KM on modern defense programs, but other arts like Brazilian Jiu Jitsu claim to have had an impact on modern defensive training, particularly that of security professionals (law-enforcemnt officers for example). As Matt mentioned, there are other arts that claim to influence modern "self-defence" programs.

Here is example of BJJ training for LEOs:

Edited by Prizewriter (08/05/10 01:11 PM)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Cord, Dedicated1, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Self Defense
Offering stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and other self defense products not available in stores.

Pepper Spray
Online distributor of self defense supplies like videos, stun guns, Tasers and more.

Spy Cameras
Surveillance, Hidden Cameras, Nanny Cams, Digital Recorders, Spy Equipment, Pocket DVR's and more

Stun Gun
Wholesale Directlhy to the Public! Stun gun and Taser Guns and personal protection products. Keep your loved ones at home safe!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga