FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 37 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
ksusanc, kellypnik123, leyinn, Ron_Cooley, businns
22902 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Dobbersky 10
trevek 6
JKogas 5
cxt 5
TaekwonDoFan 2
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
New Topics
centerline concepts
by futsaowingchun
07/14/14 10:49 PM
language of syllabus
by trevek
07/11/14 03:36 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:14 AM
10 San Sik drills-Wing Chun's foundation
by futsaowingchun
06/30/14 11:20 AM
"Ip Man" and "Ip Man 2" the movies.
by TaekwonDoFan
06/30/14 11:02 AM
Iaido movements speed
by TooNice
04/14/14 01:47 PM
Anderson Silva - Leg Break
by Dobbersky
12/30/13 08:32 AM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
Gi or no Gi Grappling?
by Prizewriter
04/16/12 02:48 PM
Recent Posts
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by Dobbersky
07/18/14 06:17 AM
centerline concepts
by Dobbersky
07/18/14 06:14 AM
language of syllabus
by trevek
07/14/14 04:50 PM
Gi or no Gi Grappling?
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:38 AM
MMA - A passing Fad
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:35 AM
Anderson Silva - Leg Break
by Dobbersky
07/09/14 06:13 AM
Throwing
by JKogas
07/03/14 07:40 PM
10 San Sik drills-Wing Chun's foundation
by futsaowingchun
06/30/14 11:20 AM
"Ip Man" and "Ip Man 2" the movies.
by TaekwonDoFan
06/30/14 11:02 AM
Forget all that health stuff
by TaekwonDoFan
06/29/14 03:18 AM
Forum Stats
22902 Members
36 Forums
35563 Topics
432446 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#428461 - 07/21/10 05:05 PM Captain not-American
bcihak Offline

Loc: Illinois
Well, hollywood is going to do it again. John Nolte posted comments from the director about the new Captain America movie on the Big Hollywood site. It is not unexpected, it is just getting really old.

#428464 - 07/22/10 07:36 AM Re: Breitbart is a liar [Re: bcihak]
MattJ Offline
Free Rhinoplasty!
Prolific

Loc: York PA. USA
Anyone that reads his site's crap is a moron. The movie hasn't even come out and the right-wing wackos are whining already. Why don't you unbunch your panties and wait till it opens. Big baby.

#428481 - 07/22/10 01:30 PM Re: Breitbart is a liar [Re: MattJ]
bcihak Offline

Wow. Great come back. Very insightful and full of deep intellect. Thanks. From your comment about Breitbart you are pretty clueless as well.

Edited by bcihak (07/22/10 01:31 PM)

#428483 - 07/22/10 01:39 PM Re: Breitbart is a liar [Re: bcihak]
bcihak Offline

Now, for a more thoughtful insight into hollywood from an article at Breitbart.coms Big Hollywood, by Declaration media. The reason American movies are less respectful of their american audiences and their values is that the studios no longer own the movie theaters their movies are shown in. The government, again, passed a law forcing them to sell their ownership of the theaters. Now that a large chunk of revenue was lost they had to find new ways to make their money. A big part of this is foreign film markets where the cultural values of the American people may not be the same as the cultural values of the other countries. This has resulted in a dramatic drop in movie attendance by the American people not completely explained by new media and video games. This is not an exact quote but it gets close enough. That is why Captain "America" will not focus so much on being an american soldier as he will be a guy trying to do the "right" thing. Thanks MattJ for your intellectual insight.

Edited by bcihak (07/22/10 01:50 PM)

#428484 - 07/22/10 02:03 PM Re: Breitbart is a liar [Re: bcihak]
MattJ Offline
Free Rhinoplasty!
Prolific

Oh my goodness! You mean there are people that don't live in the USA? I never realized that! Do you suppose they have MONEY, like us? Do you think that the studios have decided that they can make MONEY from people other than Americans? But you're probably right.......*sniffle*. Those savages from other lands don't have VALUES like us, so they must be inferior. Those poor, ignorant ba$tards. Thank GOODNESS for people like you and Breitbart to set them straight. Limiting markets is the American way!

#428486 - 07/22/10 02:26 PM Re: Breitbart is a liar [Re: MattJ]
bcihak Offline

Simply explaining that showing a positive movie about america may not be as popular in places like france, the middle east, China, Russia, and so on. Maybe not even in Britain. There are certain values that are different, such as fighting the war on terror, political stances and so on that are different to the regular american people as opposed to the elites in america and overseas. Expanding markets is what capitalism is about and selling tickets is what the movie business used to be about. Artistic and political stances are more important to too many people in hollywood than selling movies to half of the American audience. I am all for people making money, I am simply explaining why ticket sales are down here in the states and why I am not gung ho thrilled that a comic book hero of mine is getting his own movie.

Edited by bcihak (07/22/10 02:28 PM)

#428488 - 07/22/10 02:36 PM Re: Breitbart is a liar [Re: bcihak]
MattJ Offline
Free Rhinoplasty!
Prolific

Quote:
Expanding markets is what capitalism is about and selling tickets is what the movie business used to be about.

It still is. There are more people in the world than there are in America. Simple mathematics.

Quote:
Artistic and political stances are more important to too many people in hollywood than selling movies to half of the American audience.

See above. I think it has more to do with making money than political stances per se.

Quote:
I am all for people making money, I am simply explaining why ticket sales are down here in the states and why I am not gung ho thrilled that a comic book hero of mine is getting his own movie.

Ticket sales are down for several reasons - DVD's, HDTV, cinema expense, the economy, etc. Not because movies aren't Chuck Heston conservative enough. And again, you are jumping the gun quite a bit, aren't you? A few vague quotes, and you've decided how a movie that hasn't even come out is going to be?

#428489 - 07/22/10 02:38 PM Re: Breitbart is a liar [Re: MattJ]
MattJ Offline
Free Rhinoplasty!
Prolific

Did you like the Rambo movies?

#428492 - 07/22/10 03:35 PM Re: Breitbart is a liar [Re: MattJ]
bcihak Offline

The Rambo movies were okay, I have never been a big Stallone fan. He was great in Rocky though. The first one did fall into the crazy vietnam war vet mode. The article points out that the decline in American attendance can't just be explained by the new media and video game. I think some of it has to do with the actors and actresses in these movies not understanding what it means to promote a movie. For example, Tom Hanks came out before his HBO show about the pacific came out and said some really stupid things that were offensive to about half of the country. Another example, just before Inception came out the actress from Juno, the architect from the movie, and the guy from third rock from the sun did an interview to promote the movie. The interviewer asked them if there was anyone they would like to implant ideas into and she fell back to insulting George Bush, and Dick Cheney. Megan fox, when she was interviewed for Transformers 2 said if she was in the movie for real she would ask the bad guys to just kill people from the red states, you know, the bible thumpers. Now, I think they can say whatever they want because I believe in the American value of Freedom Of Speech. From a business point of view, the directors and producers of these movies might want to ask their employees to not insult half of their american customer base. I also believe that people should make whatever movies they want to make and noone should interfere with that. That is the American value of Freedom of Speech again. No government cencorship. As a movie goer with the 10.50 in my pocket, I can decide not to go and see a movie and either see it for a dollar at the local redbox or see it on cable. I do have a wait and see attitude but experience has shown that from the directors statements, Captain America may be disapointing. Also, as a consumer of movies, I can try to let the director and producer know, albeit indirectly, from internet traffic, that he may want to look at what he is doing with his movie if he wants 10.50 and not just 1.00.
Why not edit two versions of the film. For example, In Superman 2 for the American version, you leave in Truth, Justice and the American way, and for the overseas audience you take out the american way. I, however, agree with John Nolte in that a gung ho American film would do just as well overseas as an edited one would do. A lot of people around the world still see us as a land of opportunity after all.

Edited by bcihak (07/22/10 03:42 PM)

#428509 - 07/23/10 12:44 AM Re: Breitbart is a liar [Re: bcihak]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Loc: Cambridge UK.
Originally Posted By: bcihak
That is why Captain "America" will not focus so much on being an american soldier as he will be a guy trying to do the "right" thing.

So you are saying that there is a difference between traditional American values and what is right.

And I thought you were a patriot.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Cord, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Stun Guns
Variety of stun gun devices for your protection

Buy Pepper Spray
Worry about your family when you’re not around? Visit us today to protect everything you value.

Koryu.com
Accurate information on the ancient martial traditions of the Japanese samurai

C2 Taser
Protect yourself and loved ones from CRIME with the latest C2 Taser citizen model. Very effective.

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga