FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 18 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
BUJU, Pilsungkarate, ALF, old1, Leonar
22928 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Ronin1966 3
futsaowingchun 2
ergees 2
GojuRyuboy13 2
AndyLA 1
November
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
New Topics
I spy kata bunkai..
by GojuRyuboy13
10/29/14 08:28 AM
Judo 2014 World Championships Juniors: The Gallery
by ergees
10/25/14 04:53 PM
The Classic Pak Sao drill
by futsaowingchun
10/20/14 10:32 AM
wing chun kicks and knees
by futsaowingchun
10/09/14 12:55 AM
2014 European Championships Juniors: the Gallery
by ergees
10/05/14 10:56 AM
Living a full life violence free...
by GojuRyuboy13
09/25/14 08:50 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
Leo's Judo Journal
by Leo_E_49
01/24/12 02:58 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by
05/13/07 08:02 AM
Recent Posts
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/29/14 10:01 PM
I spy kata bunkai..
by GojuRyuboy13
10/29/14 08:28 AM
Judo 2014 World Championships Juniors: The Gallery
by ergees
10/25/14 04:53 PM
Living a full life violence free...
by GojuRyuboy13
10/22/14 07:20 AM
The Classic Pak Sao drill
by futsaowingchun
10/20/14 10:32 AM
Leo's Judo Journal
by swordy
10/11/14 09:21 AM
wing chun kicks and knees
by futsaowingchun
10/09/14 12:55 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Ronin1966
10/08/14 09:22 PM
2014 European Championships Juniors: the Gallery
by ergees
10/05/14 10:56 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by AndyLA
10/04/14 10:20 AM
Forum Stats
22928 Members
36 Forums
35584 Topics
432513 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#428345 - 07/16/10 01:01 AM Fallout
Stormdragon Offline
Who Dares Wins
Professional Poster

Loc: Salem, OR
So when I got back from Iraq and picked up another 360 (Elite), I decided I wanted to get a game like Oblivion but not Oblivion and went with Fallout 3 which has become an addiction. It has also prompted me to get into the old Fallouts which are almost equally incredible (minus the graphics and turn-based combat).
I now have a little over a hundred hours into Fallout 3 with about 30 hours into my second play through. I've only put a couple hours into the other Fallouts so far though.
Oblivion was a bit more emersive but the Fallout series comes closer than anything else. I did start playing Oblivion again however and now I've probably put 200 or 300 hours into it since the first time I played it.
Anyone else ready for Fallout: New Vegas?
Member of DaJoGen MMA school under Dave Hagen and Team Chaos fight team under Denver Mangiyatan and Chris Toquero, ran out of Zanshin Martial Arts in Salem Oregon: http://www.zanshinarts.org/Home.aspx,

#428346 - 07/16/10 07:14 AM Re: Fallout [Re: Stormdragon]
ninpopo Offline

Loc: Africa *drums starts playing i...
Fallout was cool, but it annoyed me that you can continue playing the game once you finsih it. But i still feel that you had a wider variety of skills and adventures available to you in Oblivion.

If only they could make a MMORPG of oblivion ^^ laugh

#428348 - 07/16/10 12:31 PM Re: Fallout [Re: ninpopo]
Stormdragon Offline
Who Dares Wins
Professional Poster

Yeah the trick was to just wait till you did everything else then finish. Or get Broken Steel which was pretty awesome.
Fallout 1 (or 2 I forget) was the same way.
I do love the SPECIAL system and use of skill points better than Oblivions system. I LOVED the gore in Fallout 3 much better.
Member of DaJoGen MMA school under Dave Hagen and Team Chaos fight team under Denver Mangiyatan and Chris Toquero, ran out of Zanshin Martial Arts in Salem Oregon: http://www.zanshinarts.org/Home.aspx,

#428351 - 07/16/10 03:57 PM Re: Fallout [Re: Stormdragon]
MadPanda Offline

Loc: Raleigh, NC
Fallout 3 had a 30 level cap which was the most annoying part of the game. The actual game play was amazing and provided more hours of play time than any other game besides oblivion for me. When fallout new vegas comes out, I really hope that they fix the level cap.

#428358 - 07/16/10 04:43 PM Re: Fallout [Re: MadPanda]
MastaFighta Offline

Loc: United States
Heh, stepping out of Vault 101 for the first time was something else. Though, I thought the plot was somewhat mediocre, especially if you compare it to the plots of past Fallout games. The side quests, on the other hand, were often more enjoyable than the main quests.

Either way, I enjoyed Fallout 3 and still play it from time to time.

With that said, I'm looking forward to Fallout: New Vegas.

#428359 - 07/16/10 05:09 PM Re: Fallout [Re: MastaFighta]
Stormdragon Offline
Who Dares Wins
Professional Poster

Yes it was! That first view of the capital wasteland was AWESOME! But yeah the main plot line wasn't great, not terrible, but not great. I do agree the side quests were the better part. I just enjoyed the exploration. Broken Steel did improve on the main story a little but still nothing as deep as in the other Fallout games.
In those you feel like you NEED to get cracken on the main story and you don't feel like you can just do it whenever. I have to say though, the graphics and NPC realism helped make up for the slightly weak story. I also CANNOT STAND turn based combat so that's a plus. I really feel New Vegas is going to be far deeper, with more of the elements that made the origionals so phenomenal.
What kind of characters do you guys play?

#428361 - 07/17/10 12:45 AM Re: Fallout [Re: Stormdragon]
rideonlythelabel Offline
Veteran

Loc: st-hubert quebec canada
The ending is particularly annoying if you have an immune-to-radiation NPC follower (you can have a robot, a ghoul, and a super mutant). He refuses to go into the chamber and flip the switch himself, even though it wouldn't kill him. Liberty Prime was AWESOME though. Embrace democracy or you will be eradicated!

#428389 - 07/18/10 02:00 AM Re: Fallout [Re: rideonlythelabel]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Loc: Cambridge UK.
I like Fallout 3, but it never held my attention enough to finish it.

For me, the post apocalyptic setting has never been truly successfully applied to a game. Borderlands, when in early development, looked like it was going to do it, but inexplicably got a code make-over halfway through dev. and became a cell shaded fail.
Metro 2033 was a total waste of time and a license.
STALKER i have not played, but shows no sign of coming to consoles anyway.

Maybe Fallout:new Vegas will be the one to 'get it', and I hope it does, but to be honest, I just want Rockstar to do a Dystopian Future game, because what they managed with Red Dead Redemption was miraculous, and they could work their magic to give us a homage to Mad Max, I would be a happy bunny cool

#428390 - 07/18/10 02:08 AM Re: Fallout [Re: Cord]
Stormdragon Offline
Who Dares Wins
Professional Poster

Fallout 1 and 2 imo, did a fatnastic job of presenting a post-apocalyptic playground with real depth. After awhile you get used to the graphics and mechanics enough to really enjoy them.
Fallout 3 was really good too but New Vegas is looking to be much, much better. As has been said before, the key to enjoying Fallout 3 is getting into the side-quests and expansions. That and getting into the character customization. Oblivion and Fallout 3 are by-far the best action RPG's made in recent years.
The best part of New Vegas is hardcore mode. I think You'll be able to appreciate that especially Cord.
I have a hard time enjoying RDR. I can't get the next quests after saving that guy riding the carriage and the quests seem to all be pretty similar. The graphics are astounding though.

#428394 - 07/18/10 02:53 AM Re: Fallout [Re: Stormdragon]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Loc: Cambridge UK.
Sounds like you have a glitch on your disk, or you have missed an essential mission somewhere and need to find it.

The missions are actually quite varied - especially when you open up Mexico and the Great Plains, but its the story and the depth of the world you are presented that impress me. So many truly great touches in the side missions that add to the character and your story. For me, it is more successfull than the more RPG oriented gaming of Fallout or oblivion, but each to their own.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Ames, Cord, MattJ, RazorFoot, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Stun Guns
Variety of stun gun devices for your protection

Buy Pepper Spray
Worry about your family when you’re not around? Visit us today to protect everything you value.

Koryu.com
Accurate information on the ancient martial traditions of the Japanese samurai

C2 Taser
Protect yourself and loved ones from CRIME with the latest C2 Taser citizen model. Very effective.

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga