FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 23 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
TomRosenberg, jessylin, play, Keith_G, LeroyCFischer
22937 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
jwwmantis 2
futsaowingchun 1
Zombie Zero 1
Beefcake 1
LeroyCFischer 1
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
New Topics
Freeing Hand-Wing Chun's last movements
by futsaowingchun
12/17/14 09:40 PM
2015 Master Yang Jwing-Ming Seminar
by jwwmantis
12/05/14 10:36 PM
The Beginners Guide To Stretching
by
12/27/06 11:43 AM
Your true goal
by
03/03/06 07:16 AM
Recent Posts
Freeing Hand-Wing Chun's last movements
by futsaowingchun
12/17/14 09:40 PM
Your true goal
by Beefcake
12/11/14 02:44 AM
The Beginners Guide To Stretching
by LeroyCFischer
12/04/14 02:07 AM
Forum Stats
22937 Members
36 Forums
35591 Topics
432526 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#426903 - 05/03/10 10:48 AM Taekwon-Do Movie Due Out Soon
StuartA Offline

As many of you know this film has been in production for a while now (since 2004), but word has it that its due for a release this Autumn.

The film contains dozens of interviews with some of the most important people in both ITF and WTF Taekwon-do, as well as rare archive footage.

Originally it started as a single film, but the amount of material meant it has now been split into 2 seperate films, AND contains footage from the first American film crew ever allowed to film within North Korea.

The first of these is called "Tong-Il: Breaking Boards, Bricks and Borders", which is in its post-production phase. The film is about General Choi's life long dream to use Taekwon-do to unite his country, which Grandmaster Jung Woo Jin took over when he passed away. Grandmaster Jung hosted the North Korean team on a goodwill tour of the USA, enemy nations which held the 1st ever cultural exchange though Taekwon-do.

The films have a web site: www.TONG-ILmovie.com, where you can see the trailer, stills and info about the project. You can also register for email alerts to keep you updated on the films progress, including where to see it in your area.

They also have a facebook page where they update everyone on the films progress, this can be found at www.facebook.com/pages/LUV-FILMS/348634013157 - Im sure the producer (Luan Van Le) would value you joining this page, maybe giving is a 'thumbs up' (like it) to show your support for this project.

The info for this post has come from both George Vitale, who many of you will know from the pages of TotallyTKD magazine, for his indepth historical articles, as he has been heavily involved with these films, as well as the producer Luan Van Le.

#426907 - 05/03/10 01:49 PM Re: Taekwon-Do Movie Due Out Soon [Re: StuartA]
Prizewriter Offline
Professional Poster

Thanks for the heads up, always like good MA documentaries. This seems to be a trailer for the movie:

#426913 - 05/03/10 05:16 PM Re: Taekwon-Do Movie Due Out Soon [Re: Prizewriter]
TeK9 Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Northern California, USA
I didn't know there where important people in Taekwondo. I thought TKD practitioners were just martial artist.

This documentary doesn't really seem to be about TKD it has more of an ulterior motive to me.

I can understand Korean politicians or even just plain Korean people trying to use TKD to try and form a common bond or bridge of peace between their torn nation. But in all honesty, I think they are making Taekwondo more than it's made out to be. I think they are grasping at straws.
Vinci

#426969 - 05/05/10 11:36 AM Re: Taekwon-Do Movie Due Out Soon [Re: TeK9]
EarlWeiss Offline

Originally Posted By: TeK9
I didn't know there where important people in Taekwondo. I thought TKD practitioners were just martial artist.

This documentary doesn't really seem to be about TKD it has more of an ulterior motive to me.

I can understand Korean politicians or even just plain Korean people trying to use TKD to try and form a common bond or bridge of peace between their torn nation. But in all honesty, I think they are making Taekwondo more than it's made out to be. I think they are grasping at straws.

Then, perhaps the movie will enlighten you. Perhaps not. Have you read "A Killing Art"?

There is no doubt there was a concerted government backed effort to spread TKD throughout the world. There are also theories as to why the government would put resources behind such an endeavor. Perhaps this movie will shed some light on these theories.

#426984 - 05/05/10 06:36 PM Re: Taekwon-Do Movie Due Out Soon [Re: TeK9]
VDJ Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: TeK9

Are there not "Important" people in most if not all martial arts? Now the REAL question is WHAT IS IT that makes them important to the art?

VDJ

#427124 - 05/12/10 12:35 AM Re: Taekwon-Do Movie Due Out Soon [Re: VDJ]
ITFunity Offline
Professional Poster

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFQpOxHCMv8

This is the youtube link to the trailer

#427145 - 05/12/10 05:28 PM Re: Taekwon-Do Movie Due Out Soon [Re: ITFunity]
VDJ Offline
Veteran

Have to say. I've watched the trailer several times and each time I see it I get the feeling of propoganda in favor of NK. Don't think I'll be seeing this film.

VDJ

#427147 - 05/12/10 07:40 PM Re: Taekwon-Do Movie Due Out Soon [Re: VDJ]
TaekwonDoFan Offline

Originally Posted By: VDJ
Have to say. I've watched the trailer several times and each time I see it I get the feeling of propoganda in favor of NK. Don't think I'll be seeing this film.

VDJ

Just about everything about TKD these days is propoganda and corruption.

#427537 - 06/03/10 10:42 PM Re: Taekwon-Do Movie Due Out Soon [Re: TaekwonDoFan]
ITFunity Offline
Professional Poster

Originally Posted By: TaekwonDoFan
Have to say. I've watched the trailer several times and each time I see it I get the feeling of propoganda in favor of NK. Don't think I'll be seeing this film. VDJ
I am not clear as to why you come to this conclusion.
What exactly in the trailer do you think makes it pro-NK propaganda?

#427559 - 06/06/10 09:02 PM Re: Taekwon-Do Movie Due Out Soon [Re: ITFunity]
VDJ Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: ITFunity
Originally Posted By: TaekwonDoFan
Have to say. I've watched the trailer several times and each time I see it I get the feeling of propoganda in favor of NK. Don't think I'll be seeing this film. VDJ
I am not clear as to why you come to this conclusion.
What exactly in the trailer do you think makes it pro-NK propaganda?

Lets start with Professor Armstrong from the Hate U.S first Columbia University. At 1:30 into the trailer, where he states that the U.S. is responsable for the North % South Divide (I guess the communist Chinese had NOTHING to do with it). Academia has a LONNNNGGG track record of distorting and re-writing history to fit their agendas.

Next lets look at Karin J Lee @ 1:40 into the vid about the strong education system in NK and how its ideas of the US and how un eductaed we are about NK except for sporadic headlines that portray NK as aggressive. EXCUSE ME? Did they not thumb their nose at the US and the world and test a nuclear weapon? Did they NOT just sink a SK sub? Are their NOT millions of starving people in NK? Sorry, this is NOT about TKD, it is about gaining sympathy for NK. Is this not the same guy that took over TKDT's magazine and stopped taking ads from ITF-C and will only print things submitted by them but supports ITF-NK FULLY? No, I will not support this propoganda film with my money.

VDJ

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Self Defense
Offering stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and other self defense products not available in stores.

Pepper Spray
Online distributor of self defense supplies like videos, stun guns, Tasers and more.

Spy Cameras
Surveillance, Hidden Cameras, Nanny Cams, Digital Recorders, Spy Equipment, Pocket DVR's and more

Stun Gun
Wholesale Directlhy to the Public! Stun gun and Taser Guns and personal protection products. Keep your loved ones at home safe!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga