FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 55 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Shanktotheright, royal, bobgalle100011, agenonline, TooNice
22862 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
THEFOREVERMAN 3
Galen 2
MattJ 2
Dobbersky 2
royal 2
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
New Topics
General perspective on training
by Galen
Yesterday at 04:05 PM
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by Marcus Charles
03/24/14 04:39 PM
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by Dobbersky
03/20/14 05:45 AM
I am not often inspired
by Galen
01/13/14 07:28 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
AKK kata question
by
09/04/05 01:27 PM
Recent Posts
General perspective on training
by Galen
Yesterday at 04:05 PM
I am not often inspired
by Galen
Yesterday at 04:03 PM
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by Dobbersky
Yesterday at 06:52 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by THEFOREVERMAN
04/16/14 08:20 AM
AKK kata question
by MattJ
04/04/14 05:45 PM
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Forum Stats
22862 Members
36 Forums
35547 Topics
432379 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#425576 - 02/27/10 05:18 PM pudzianowski-vs-sylvia?!
MattJ Offline
Free Rhinoplasty!
Prolific

Loc: York PA. USA
That's right, Mariusz Pudzianowski vs Tim - freakin -Sylvia!! If this is real, then this marks a GIANT step up for the multi-time WSM competitor Pudz!

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2010/2/27/1329384/mariusz-pudzianowski-vs-tim-sylvia#comments

"Pudzianowski has won the World’s Strongest Man title a record five times. The 33-year-old made his MMA debut in December and this show will mark his U.S. debut.

Also signed for the card are UFC veterans Rich Clementi, Yves Edwards and Houston Alexander.

"This will be the biggest card ever done, probably in the Northeast," said [promoter Corey] Fischer. "The UFC is coming here in August and they’re going to have a hard gate to beat. I think this fight card will be better than what they’re bringing."

"It’ll be on pay-per-view and shown live in Korea, Poland, Canada and about 14 other countries," said Fischer. "This will have more viewers than (the UFC’s) show."

As of now, Moosin will be the first big MMA organization to come to Boston. As announced earlier, Bellator Fighting Championships will head to the Citi Performing Arts Center Wang Theatre on May 6 and the UFC makes its Massachusetts debut on August 28 at the TD Garden."

If Tim shows up in shape, he should take this easily. But if he deson't show up in shape....... Mercer 2.0.

#425579 - 02/28/10 07:24 AM Re: pudzianowski-vs-sylvia?! [Re: MattJ]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Loc: Cambridge UK.
Mariusz will win. I like, and rate Sylvia more highly than most on here, but his stand up does not stand up to high pressure. He likes a boxing match.

Its easy to see Mariusz as a novice, and in some respects he is, but he has solid karate and boxing experience along with his Strength titles.

I think he will be less wild than his debut, and his power will be too much for Tim.

#425591 - 03/01/10 01:16 PM Re: pudzianowski-vs-sylvia?! [Re: Cord]
MattJ Offline
Free Rhinoplasty!
Prolific

Damn, it looks like it was too good to be true:

http://www.mmafighting.com/2010/03/01/ex...nd-fight-in-po/

"Former multi-time World's Strongest Man Mariusz Pudzianowski has effectively extinguished rumors of a bout against former UFC heavyweight champion Tim Sylvia, as he has been officially announced for a follow-up appearance in the Poland-based KSW promotion.

Pudzianowski, who needed just 43 seconds to defeat Marcin Najman in his first pro bout in Dec. 2009 (video below), will co-headline a May 7 event in Katowice, Poland against a yet-unnamed opponent.

Though some published reports have named Robert Paczkow as his foe, KSW co-owner Martin Lewandowski told MMA Fighting in an email that information was incorrect, and that Pudzianowski's opponent would be revealed within a few days.

The 33-year-old Pudzianowski is one of the biggest sports stars in Poland, after having captured the World's Strongest Man competition in five different years.

Over the weekend, The Boston Herald reported that Pudzianowski-Sylvia would headline an April 23 show in Worcester, Mass., but that seems unlikely with Pudzianowski contractually bound to a show in Poland just two weeks later."

#425608 - 03/02/10 09:11 AM Re: pudzianowski-vs-sylvia?! [Re: MattJ]
Dereck Offline
Prolific

Loc: Great White North
Pudzianowski for the win. Sylvia is a bone they are throwing to him. Pudzianowski is going to come out like WWIII with bombs flying; something Sylvia cannot handle. It will be lights out once again.

#425611 - 03/02/10 11:09 AM Re: pudzianowski-vs-sylvia?! [Re: MattJ]
Cord Offline
Prolific

To my knowledge, Mariusz has not announced his retirement from Strength athletics, so presumably, intends to persue a 6th WSM title as well as his MMA career.

This means, quite frankly, that he will not pass any US state comission's drug testing protocol's, so he is unlikely to fight in the US until such time as he changes his pharmaceutical regime to fit in with those regulations.

That's not meant as criticism, its just a simple truth.

#425613 - 03/02/10 11:22 AM Re: pudzianowski-vs-sylvia?! [Re: Cord]
MattJ Offline
Free Rhinoplasty!
Prolific

Oddly enough, I don't think Pudz would have any problems with the drug testing. I imagine that most pro-MMA'ers are on something, and they understand how to get past the tests.

I hope he continues to fight, and get better opponents, while holding off on the Sylvia-level fighters for a bit.

#425622 - 03/02/10 06:06 PM Re: pudzianowski-vs-sylvia?! [Re: MattJ]
Prizewriter Offline
Professional Poster

Who tests pro MMA'ist anyway in the USA? Is it the state athletic comission (e.g. Nevada)? I know they handle pro boxing tests.

#425631 - 03/03/10 11:03 AM Re: pudzianowski-vs-sylvia?! [Re: Prizewriter]
MattJ Offline
Free Rhinoplasty!
Prolific

You got it, state athletic comissions do the testing in the USA.

#425670 - 03/04/10 06:03 PM Re: pudzianowski-vs-sylvia?! [Re: MattJ]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Its not that he would be the only one on juice, its that, as he is still a competetive strongman, and this is still his primary sport, his drug-cycling will be based around that, not his mma bouts. This would cause him problems.

#425686 - 03/05/10 11:10 AM Re: pudzianowski-vs-sylvia?! [Re: Cord]
MattJ Offline
Free Rhinoplasty!
Prolific

Ah, gotcha. Thanks for clarifying.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Cord, Fletch1, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Stun Guns
Variety of stun gun devices for your protection

Buy Pepper Spray
Worry about your family when you’re not around? Visit us today to protect everything you value.

Koryu.com
Accurate information on the ancient martial traditions of the Japanese samurai

C2 Taser
Protect yourself and loved ones from CRIME with the latest C2 Taser citizen model. Very effective.

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga