FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 21 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
TomRosenberg, jessylin, play, Keith_G, LeroyCFischer
22937 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
jwwmantis 2
futsaowingchun 1
Zombie Zero 1
Beefcake 1
LeroyCFischer 1
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
New Topics
Freeing Hand-Wing Chun's last movements
by futsaowingchun
12/17/14 09:40 PM
2015 Master Yang Jwing-Ming Seminar
by jwwmantis
12/05/14 10:36 PM
The Beginners Guide To Stretching
by
12/27/06 11:43 AM
Your true goal
by
03/03/06 07:16 AM
Recent Posts
Freeing Hand-Wing Chun's last movements
by futsaowingchun
12/17/14 09:40 PM
Your true goal
by Beefcake
12/11/14 02:44 AM
The Beginners Guide To Stretching
by LeroyCFischer
12/04/14 02:07 AM
Forum Stats
22937 Members
36 Forums
35591 Topics
432526 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#424699 - 02/02/10 06:28 PM The importance of Gun Safety
JMWcorwin Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: SoCal, USA
I don't know if this has already been posted before. If it has, I apologize. I came accross this and just had to share.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pf3ID3XQ6o&feature=related

enjoy. shocked

#424750 - 02/05/10 07:19 AM Re: The importance of Gun Safety [Re: JMWcorwin]
MattJ Offline
Free Rhinoplasty!
Prolific

Loc: York PA. USA
Wow, that's embarassing!

#426492 - 04/16/10 12:56 PM Re: The importance of Gun Safety [Re: JMWcorwin]
butterfly Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Torrance, CA
Been around everywhere, but perhaps not here. And it is still stupid to look at and think about, especially considering he's the one who is supposed to be trained.

#426852 - 05/02/10 08:45 AM Re: The importance of Gun Safety [Re: butterfly]
TeK9 Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Northern California, USA
Freakin A

I can't believe that happened. Then he had the nerve to try and pull a demo with an even more dangerous rifle. Did you see how everyone was terrified, screaming put that down. Nobody wanted him to touch the guns anymore... As soon as he asked for another weapon I would have booked my a$$ out of the room so fast. I am already afraid of guns and now watching a DEA weapons expert shoot himself in the foot. This $hit does not inspire confidence. And just 2 days ago I was telling my brother that we should go to the shooting range and learn how to shoot a gun in order for us to get that fear out of our system.

I went to youtube and clicked on another video of this guy. The only reason we know about this is because his fellow DEA agents leaked the video clip out on youtube. WoW the DEA agents are a bunch of dick$.
Vinci

#426885 - 05/03/10 04:05 AM Re: The importance of Gun Safety [Re: TeK9]
BrianS Offline
Higher rank than you
Professional Poster

Loc: Northwest Arkansas
No, DEA Agents aren't, "a bunch of dicks" no more than tkd guys are a bunch of tag playing sissies, lol. We have some good guys out their protecting us believe it or not.

The guy acted stupidly and I'm sure his punishment went well beyond recovering from his injuries.

He was complacent and overlooked the most important gun safety rules.

1. Never point a gun at anything you do not wish to destroy.
2. Treat every firearm as if it were loaded.
3. Do NOT tough the trigger until you are ready to fire.

Here are some more gun safety tips.

http://www.nrahq.org/education/guide.asp

I've been around firearms all my life and have seen some pretty dumb things, but this guy should have known better.

#426896 - 05/03/10 07:29 AM Re: The importance of Gun Safety [Re: BrianS]
TeK9 Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Northern California, USA
I don't think this guy acted stupid. I just think he made a mistake.

This guy is a professional, part of his job is to go around promoting firearms safety. If someone so qualified can make a mistake like this then so can anyone.

I have a real fear of guns. And knowing that stuff like this can happen does not inspire confidence. Nor does it make me wanna vote pro gun laws. I am against the right to bear arms. I feel if people aren't aloud to carry them, then the cops wont need them either.
Vinci

#426925 - 05/03/10 11:36 PM Re: The importance of Gun Safety [Re: TeK9]
BrianS Offline
Higher rank than you
Professional Poster

Loc: Northwest Arkansas
Originally Posted By: TeK9
I don't think this guy acted stupid. I just think he made a mistake.

This guy is a professional, part of his job is to go around promoting firearms safety. If someone so qualified can make a mistake like this then so can anyone.

I have a real fear of guns. And knowing that stuff like this can happen does not inspire confidence. Nor does it make me wanna vote pro gun laws. I am against the right to bear arms. I feel if people aren't aloud to carry them, then the cops wont need them either.

There's just a few problems with that logic.

Isn't murder illegal? Rape? Robbery? Illegal for felons to posess guns? These things happen all the time and the laws haven't made them go away. Do we make it MORE illegal?

The only thing that making firearms illegal would do is make it hard for law-abiding citizens to defend themselves, ask Chicagoans.

The problem is not the tool (gun) it is people.

Edited by BrianS (05/03/10 11:44 PM)

#427025 - 05/07/10 05:32 PM Re: The importance of Gun Safety [Re: BrianS]
clmibb Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Texas, US
Jiminy Christmas! Brian is right, the DEA agent became too comfortable around guns. As a gun owner, I'm constantly checking my weapon to make sure it's not loaded; not because I'm paranoid, but because my husband and I use the same gun at the gun range. I don't know if he unloaded it the last time he went down to the gun range so I double check it. We are both extra careful about making sure that it's unloaded before we go home but the other always double checks just to be on the safe side.

Tek, if you lived closer, I'd take you down to the range myself to help you out. Brian is right, don't blame the tool, blame the people.

#427026 - 05/07/10 06:12 PM Re: The importance of Gun Safety [Re: BrianS]
JMWcorwin Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: SoCal, USA
Nice post Brian,

I agree 100% on the gun laws. The bad guys will always have guns anyway. They don't buy theirs at a gun store and register them. The only people affected by laws are people that follow the law. I also recently had the opportunity to go on a training day with a friend of mine who works for the LAPD, teaching tactical flashlight, firearms, CQB, etc. Anyway, the first thing he told us before going through the rest of the safety rules was this:

"With guns, the more you use them and the more comfortable you get with them, the more dangerous you are. Because I am wearing this gun everyday and doing this type of thing constantly, that makes me the most dangerous guy on the range today. Don't ever allow yourself to lose respect for the gun. Once you let yourself become comfortable and lose that fear, that's when you make a dumb mistake." (paraphrased, but you get the point)

I don't know if that's just somethign he was told by his instructor or if he's going with actual research numbers, but I had never thought of it that way. Seems logical, though.

#427032 - 05/07/10 11:23 PM Re: The importance of Gun Safety [Re: JMWcorwin]
hope Offline

Loc: Vancouver, B.C.
Please see the below website, which summarizes research results from Harvard Injury Control Research Center (papers on Guns and Death) with results about homicides, suicides and accidents.

http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/research/hicrc/firearms-research/guns-and-death/index.html

If you legally own and take good care of guns, great. However, you are not the only person who can use your guns if they are stolen, knocked from your hand, etc; and some legal gun owners (not yourself, of course) are unstable, unpredictable when angry, lend their weapons to friends, practice while drunk and teach their cute 3 year old how to shoot. The more legal gun owners there are, the more of the above type of gun owners there are. Canada has a much lower rate of gun-related deaths than the US. Why? Gun laws, not lack of criminals.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Cord, Fletch1, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Self Defense
Offering stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and other self defense products not available in stores.

Pepper Spray
Online distributor of self defense supplies like videos, stun guns, Tasers and more.

Spy Cameras
Surveillance, Hidden Cameras, Nanny Cams, Digital Recorders, Spy Equipment, Pocket DVR's and more

Stun Gun
Wholesale Directlhy to the Public! Stun gun and Taser Guns and personal protection products. Keep your loved ones at home safe!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga