FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 24 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
sunny, swordy, jerrybarry24, SenseiGregT, sagat
22914 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Ed_Morris 4
futsaowingchun 3
AndyLA 2
ergees 2
log1call 1
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
New Topics
STX Kickboxing Seminar
by Marcus Charles
09/09/14 06:57 PM
Biu Tzu- 1st section applications
by futsaowingchun
09/05/14 10:56 PM
2014 World Championships Chelyabinsk: The Gallery
by ergees
09/01/14 03:51 AM
Biu Tzu- Snake hand strike
by futsaowingchun
08/27/14 09:02 PM
Chum Kiu 2nd section applications
by futsaowingchun
08/20/14 09:54 PM
2013 World Championship Rio: The Gallery (HD)
by ergees
08/19/14 05:22 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
mindfullness meditation
by
01/06/09 11:27 AM
Recent Posts
Eugue Ryu
by kolslaw
09/12/14 03:35 PM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by AndyLA
09/09/14 05:55 PM
attacked from behind
by AndyLA
09/07/14 07:01 PM
Biu Tzu- 1st section applications
by futsaowingchun
09/05/14 10:56 PM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
09/02/14 06:26 PM
2014 World Championships Chelyabinsk: The Gallery
by ergees
09/01/14 03:51 AM
mindfullness meditation
by log1call
08/31/14 09:43 PM
Biu Tzu- Snake hand strike
by futsaowingchun
08/27/14 09:02 PM
The Karate punch
by Ed_Morris
08/26/14 09:27 PM
Chum Kiu 2nd section applications
by futsaowingchun
08/20/14 09:54 PM
Forum Stats
22914 Members
36 Forums
35575 Topics
432491 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#426640 - 04/26/10 05:08 PM Re: Joining The ITF [Re: VDJ]
EarlWeiss Offline

Originally Posted By: VDJ
............. ITF-V is in some upheaval at present due to losing their president GM Tran in the Haiti EQ.

Personally, if I were to join one of them it would be ITF-C only because of the people I know within the org have been so good to me.

VDJ

Mr. DJ. I find your 2 above statements quite interesting. What have you heard that indicates an upheaval in ITF V?

Also, I thought we got along well, and I am not a member of ITF -C:)

#426642 - 04/26/10 07:39 PM Re: Joining The ITF [Re: EarlWeiss]
ITFunity Offline
Professional Poster

Originally Posted By: EarlWeiss
Originally Posted By: VDJ
............. ITF-V is in some upheaval at present due to losing their president GM Tran in the Haiti EQ.VDJ

Mr. DJ. I find your 2 above statements quite interesting. What have you heard that indicates an upheaval in ITF V?
Yes I also have seen a very smooth transition to a new president in GM Tratenburgh, who is a very dedicated martial artists, very knowledgeable in ITF TKD & a very nice man. The only thing I was disappointed in was the cancelation of their World Cup. I would have liked to see that continue & that was the only glitch so far. But that was as I understand it, a personal investment vehicle by GM Tran & apparently they could not get the financial backing from other hosts.
I will be looking at their next election to see if it is contested or they form a coalition to keep the transition smooth, as contested can also result in a widening of the cohesiveness at times

#426660 - 04/27/10 10:59 AM Re: Joining The ITF [Re: ITFunity]
VDJ Offline
Veteran

Master Weiss,

Bad choice of words on my part, I should re-phrase and say the shock that the org had to go thru in losing its president. And yes, we do get along well and I miss coming to your dojang and training with you. My reference is more so as the states that I travel to here on the east have been very welcoming (as were you) when I visit them, probably due to the relation/friendship I have built with Mr. Malefyt.

VDJ

#426673 - 04/27/10 03:57 PM Re: Joining The ITF [Re: mcmillintkd]
trevek Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Poland
I haven't read all the posts here, so perhaps this has already been mentioned. A few years ago (pre-break up) I asked about joining ITF (likewise I was with an independent CH org)and was told I'd probably have to pay for all my grades again (so as 1st dan I'd have to pay for equivalent of grading upto that rank, all coloured belts). It would be worth checking if this is the case.

It might also be adviseable to ask if there are any restrictions which would be placed on you as a member of these two ITFs with regards competing, training etc.

Secondly, an interesting situation here in Poland. My local club was one of the top ITF clubs in the world (having several world champions at one time). They have actually joined up with WTF (whilst keeping their ITF status) as it allows them access to Olympics.

Supporting everyone saying "nuts to cancer"

#426680 - 04/27/10 08:37 PM Re: Joining The ITF [Re: trevek]
ITFunity Offline
Professional Poster

Originally Posted By: trevek
I haven't read all the posts here, so perhaps this has already been mentioned. A few years ago (pre-break up) I asked about joining ITF (likewise I was with an independent CH org)and was told I'd probably have to pay for all my grades again (so as 1st dan I'd have to pay for equivalent of grading upto that rank, all coloured belts). It would be worth checking if this is the case.
Ok I am not sure who told you this, but it might have been just a way for some local guy or regional rep to make a bunch of extra money. The policy was to have people evaluated & then join at their current rank. They may have also been accepted in with a reduced fee for that current rank, as they had already paid for it. Fees can always be negotiated. Even Gen choi in the comdo interviews that appear on VHS< DVD & the web have him saying this. Of course there was more scrutiny the higher the rank you were. But a 1st degree should have had little problem joining & have their current I Dan rank cross certified in a simple certificate exchange or transfer program.

To my understanding each of the ITFs continue this line of thinking. of course they also were always concrended with how many students a transfer would bring them, which is natural from a business standpoint. The higher you are, the more complicated the process is to come in AND have a current or next rank up certified. Higher ranks, usually are assigned to work with an ITF senior.
You can check this all out on each of the 3 ITF ebsites, as I think they all, or at least to list the procedures right up front & in the open

#426681 - 04/27/10 08:42 PM Re: Joining The ITF [Re: trevek]
ITFunity Offline
Professional Poster

It might also be adviseable to ask if there are any restrictions which would be placed on you as a member of these two ITFs with regards competing, training etc.
Good point. I know that the ITF-V & ITF-NK have written rules pertaining to the other ITFs. While the ITF-C is much less restrictive. I also have heard that the ITF-V is sadly making it even more restrictive to even be a member of any other TKD group, which is not fair IMHO. No wonder they turned down further talks with the ITF-NK at their last congress meeting, despite their own Ex Bd, President lobbying hard for it & their own lawyers handling their legal case(s) advised them to continue to talk with the other side. Sad really IMO

Secondly, an interesting situation here in Poland. My local club was one of the top ITF clubs in the world (having several world champions at one time). They have actually joined up with WTF (whilst keeping their ITF status) as it allows them access to Olympics.
There is also another route that ITFers & non WTF members can take to get access to the Olympics. I think the announcement will be made soon

#426685 - 04/27/10 11:49 PM Re: Joining The ITF [Re: ITFunity]
mcmillintkd Offline

This has been a revealing thread. I am always amazed by the amount of information available. I have yet to decide exactly what I am going to do. I am going to have a discussion with the different schools and see where it will lead. Thanks.

I recognize that it is a fallacy to say that all of the ITF-NK is controlled by NK, but I understand people's hesitancy to trust anything associated with NK.

#426689 - 04/28/10 02:18 AM Re: Joining The ITF [Re: mcmillintkd]
TaekwonDoFan Offline

Originally Posted By: mcmillintkd
This has been a revealing thread. I am always amazed by the amount of information available. I have yet to decide exactly what I am going to do. I am going to have a discussion with the different schools and see where it will lead. Thanks.

I recognize that it is a fallacy to say that all of the ITF-NK is controlled by NK, but I understand people's hesitancy to trust anything associated with NK.

Hell, I think we should just destroy NK, so its people can be reunified with their people in the south.

#426694 - 04/28/10 08:10 AM Re: Joining The ITF [Re: trevek]
EarlWeiss Offline

As Unity stated. BNot true then. Not true now. ITF has not and does not even get involved with Gup gradings and certificates.

#426702 - 04/28/10 10:08 AM Re: Joining The ITF [Re: EarlWeiss]
ITFunity Offline
Professional Poster

Originally Posted By: EarlWeiss
As Unity stated. BNot true then. Not true now. ITF has not and does not even get involved with Gup gradings and certificates.
Thats right, all the ITF ever did at 1 point was sell generic blank gup certificates to instructors that did not have their own or didn't want to use their own. They never tracked the issuance of gup certs. Sounds like you met up with someone who wanted to make a quick buck from you. The ITF websites can all be checked for this relevent info & now via the internet anyone can e-mail direct & ask pointed & specific questions to clarify any point on transfering into the org

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Ryukyu Art
Artifacts from the Ryukyu Kingdom missing since WWII. Visit www.ShisaLion.Org to view pictures

Best Stun Guns
Self Defense Products-stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and more

Surveillance 4U
Complete surveillance systems for covert operations or secure installation security

Asylum Images
Book presents photo tour of the Trans-Allegany Lunatic Asylum. A must if you're going to take a ghost tour!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga