FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 36 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
LeroyCFischer, JadeKing, Beefcake, WesJones, simonajones111
22933 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
futsaowingchun 2
charlie 2
Zombie Zero 1
harlan 1
Matakiant 1
November
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
New Topics
unrecognized kata
by William_Bent
11/19/14 07:05 PM
I gained a lot of month in the last few months
by simonajones111
11/19/14 04:54 AM
Siu Lin Tao-3rd section applications
by futsaowingchun
11/13/14 06:48 PM
Screen fighting course UK December 2014
by charlie
11/11/14 04:09 PM
Siu Lin Tao-1st section Pak Sao explanations
by futsaowingchun
11/09/14 10:30 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
MA style video library
by
03/22/06 03:18 PM
Recent Posts
unrecognized kata
by William_Bent
11/19/14 07:05 PM
I gained a lot of month in the last few months
by simonajones111
11/19/14 04:54 AM
Siu Lin Tao-3rd section applications
by futsaowingchun
11/13/14 06:48 PM
Screen fighting course UK December 2014
by charlie
11/11/14 04:09 PM
MA style video library
by charlie
11/11/14 04:05 PM
Siu Lin Tao-1st section Pak Sao explanations
by futsaowingchun
11/09/14 10:30 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/29/14 10:01 PM
Forum Stats
22933 Members
36 Forums
35589 Topics
432521 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#425377 - 02/21/10 02:39 PM Biggest hit you've ever taken?
Prizewriter Offline
Professional Poster

Got the idea from Paul's recent posts...

Just for fun, can you recall the biggest hit you ever took? The definition of the question is open to your own interpretation!

Mine wasn't actually in boxing, it was at a Systema seminar in 2008. The teacher was doing an odd relaxed punch, sort of like a cross but with a whipping motion.

Anyway, during some group work, his senior student caught me with it right in the solar plexus. I didn't go down, but I was badly winded.

The reason I consider it the hardest hit I took was because the shot went right in to me, nothing like I've ever felt before. There was a straight line of pain almost from my Solar Plexus to my navel for 2 days afterwards. It was very odd!

What's the biggest hit you've ever taken?

#425379 - 02/21/10 02:59 PM Re: Biggest hit you've ever taken? [Re: Prizewriter]
paul40 Offline

heel stamp to the chest.puked. whole body quivered.fell straight down.incompacitated for 10 minutes.thought i was dying.wished i was dead.

still hurts where i got hit 20 years later.

fear short japanese men to this day

wearing 10 inch pad.

but you knew that already smile

peace

Edited by paul40 (02/21/10 03:01 PM)

#425383 - 02/21/10 04:19 PM Re: Biggest hit you've ever taken? [Re: paul40]
VDJ Offline
Veteran

Full power round kick to the ribs (broke the floating rib), whole new experience getting in and out of both bed and the car (bed was worse). You never realize how much you use the upper body until you experience that!

#425384 - 02/21/10 04:29 PM Re: Biggest hit you've ever taken? [Re: Prizewriter]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Loc: Cambridge UK.
Originally Posted By: Prizewriter

Just for fun, can you recall the biggest hit you ever took?

2.5 litre bucket-bong of Gold seal resin. In one go. Held for 50 seconds. Total incapacitation for around 90 mins. Able to do nothing but eat jaffa cakes and listen to radiohead for a further 2 hours.

Bow to your sensimilla.

#425386 - 02/21/10 04:42 PM Re: Biggest hit you've ever taken? [Re: Cord]
JoelM Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Georgia, USA
Spinning elbow to the jaw from my instructor. Luckily I was in close so I got more of the back of his arm then the bone of the elbow. Dazed me for a sec, but I was good to keep sparring.

#425389 - 02/21/10 05:29 PM Re: Biggest hit you've ever taken? [Re: JoelM]
MattJ Offline
Free Rhinoplasty!
Prolific

Loc: York PA. USA
Where do I start...... :P

I'll have to use categories, LOL.

* Most TKFO - Spinning hook kick to my jaw. Ever been KO'd so bad you didn't even know it? Yeah, I have. He hit me and I hit the floor. Good night, Irene.

* Most distance - Right cross from a 6'6", 300lb muscular MMA fighter at a Bullshido throwdown in Baltimore. He hit me so hard I went flying through the air, until I landed. Whereupon he promplty seized me in a neck crank, ending my first MMA match in about 10 seconds. But at least he didn't knock me out! *sniveling*

* Most god-awful painful - Spinning back kick to my coccyx, which broke it. You don't realize how much you use your a$$ until you can't. And yeah.....it takes a long time to heal. Sure, laugh it up.

honorable mention:

1: Butterfly and his instructor doing thigh kicks. The first one, I was like HOLY SH1T, just hold it together. Second one, I was like DON'T SCREAM DON'T SCREAM. The third one I said "If you hit me like that again, I won't be able to walk again - ever." I limped for several days, and had some truly impressive bruises for about 3 weeks. The sad thing? They were doing them very lightly - no kidding.

2: Either of the times RazorFoot broke my ribs (both sides, to keep me from leaning). Coughing? Laughing? Crying.

* Most WTF?! - Jeff Speakman (of Perfect Weapon fame) hit me with a 45 degree downward hammerfist into my kidneys that made me lose feeling in my legs for a few seconds. Somehow I remained standing. Was it scary? YES.

#425397 - 02/22/10 02:42 AM Re: Biggest hit you've ever taken? [Re: Prizewriter]
Jeff_G Offline

Loc: Midwest
I was in a tournament in Philly back in the late seventies. I was down 1-0 and the timer called 30 seconds left. I came in with a big, over the top reverse punch. I saw my opponent start the roundhouse kick and then felt it connect with my left jaw.

I woke up after (I think) a few seconds. There was something about getting kicked and they tell me I bounced my head off the concrete floor that adds up to a lack of consciousness.

When I sat up I looked over at a big ring out of place to my left, which seemed odd because it belonged over there...to my left. The world sorted itself out after a few seconds and the ring was back where it belonged...to my left. Another odd thing was that the first thing I wanted to do was cry. I wasn't sad or anything, just some reflexive thing. By the way, I didn't cry because I was this big, tough, martial artist.

My wife appeared next to me, which also seemed odd because she had to fly down from the stands in the few seconds I was out.

The ref started asking me simple questions like, "What is your name?" I got that right but they wanted me to be checked out by the medics anyway. They asked much tougher questions like, "Do you know where you are?"

Well, yeah, I knew I was either in Philadelphia or New York. For some odd reason they decided I should go to the hospital, something about it not being a good thing if you can't remember what state you are in.

While I rode up front with the ambulance driver, I noticed that I was talking a mile a minute. Something must have worked because I figured out that I was definitely in Philly.

Got checked into the emergency department and was told to take a seat as they had a multiple gunshot, stab wound victim coming in. He tied up the whole place for hours so I checked myself out AMA.

I went back to the tournament and ended up meeting Bill Wallace for the first time. We ran into Jimmy Roberts on the way out and ended up giving him a ride to his car.

All in all, it was an interesting day.

#425411 - 02/22/10 08:57 AM Re: Biggest hit you've ever taken? [Re: Jeff_G]
IExcalibui2 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: New York City
probably when I was still in elementary school. I decided to jump down something like 20 steps in my home. landed in a squat position and knee'd myself in the jaw. Never got hit that hard before, I was on the ground moaning in pain and grabbing my jaw. I'm surprised that I didn't get KO'd now that I think about it. Couldn't eat, talk or do anything with my jaw for the rest of the day and evening. Could've definitely cut myself on my teeth or broken something, but for the most part I was okay after 24 hrs of rest.

havent been hit that hard ever since

#425417 - 02/22/10 09:25 AM Re: Biggest hit you've ever taken? [Re: MattJ]
JasonM Offline
Professional Poster

Originally Posted By: MattJ

* Most god-awful painful - Spinning back kick to my coccyx, which broke it. You don't realize how much you use your a$$ until you can't. And yeah.....it takes a long time to heal. Sure, laugh it up.

* Most WTF?! - Jeff Speakman (of Perfect Weapon fame) hit me with a 45 degree downward hammerfist into my kidneys that made me lose feeling in my legs for a few seconds. Somehow I remained standing. Was it scary? YES.

Ok, i tried not to laugh but that was damn funny. Glad it healed nicely Matt. smile

And way cool to train with Jeff Speakman, I always wanted to meet him. Actually it is from that movie why I bought my first pair of escrima sticks. :-) And ruined a couch, j/k on the couch.

I think my worse hit was when I was sparring with my instructor. Somehow was both decided to do the same technique. It was a ridge hand strike while side stepping. Well, he has hands like talons and connected the bridge of my nose. All I remember is counting celing tiles and praying that someone catch me on the way down.

Ok, just thought of one more. :-)

Sparring with same instructor and he mae geri'd me into the wall. After that they put up plywood to cover the hole. :-O

J

#425418 - 02/22/10 09:30 AM Re: Biggest hit you've ever taken? [Re: Prizewriter]
iaibear Offline
Veteran

Loc: upstate New York
It wasn't so much a hit as it was totally unexpected.

That would make it my fault, right?

My nage did a quick irimi which I should have been able to roll out from under. I did not realize his lead foot was behind my ankle. No foot tuck possible. I went straight down on my coccyx.

Like, oh, my, that smarts! eek

Sorry if I stole MattJ's topic. This was already sent when I read his post.

Edited by iaibear (02/22/10 10:04 AM)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Self Defense
Offering stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and other self defense products not available in stores.

Pepper Spray
Online distributor of self defense supplies like videos, stun guns, Tasers and more.

Spy Cameras
Surveillance, Hidden Cameras, Nanny Cams, Digital Recorders, Spy Equipment, Pocket DVR's and more

Stun Gun
Wholesale Directlhy to the Public! Stun gun and Taser Guns and personal protection products. Keep your loved ones at home safe!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga