FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 32 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
mohdnabeel, sunny, swordy, jerrybarry24, SenseiGregT
22915 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Ed_Morris 4
futsaowingchun 3
AndyLA 3
Zombie Zero 2
Matakiant 2
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
New Topics
STX Kickboxing Seminar
by Marcus Charles
09/09/14 06:57 PM
Biu Tzu- 1st section applications
by futsaowingchun
09/05/14 10:56 PM
2014 World Championships Chelyabinsk: The Gallery
by ergees
09/01/14 03:51 AM
Biu Tzu- Snake hand strike
by futsaowingchun
08/27/14 09:02 PM
Chum Kiu 2nd section applications
by futsaowingchun
08/20/14 09:54 PM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
mindfullness meditation
by
01/06/09 11:27 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by
05/13/07 08:02 AM
Recent Posts
attacked from behind
by AndyLA
Today at 09:05 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Matakiant
Yesterday at 07:11 AM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
Yesterday at 06:07 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by Zombie Zero
09/16/14 04:43 PM
Eugue Ryu
by kolslaw
09/12/14 03:35 PM
Biu Tzu- 1st section applications
by futsaowingchun
09/05/14 10:56 PM
2014 World Championships Chelyabinsk: The Gallery
by ergees
09/01/14 03:51 AM
mindfullness meditation
by log1call
08/31/14 09:43 PM
Biu Tzu- Snake hand strike
by futsaowingchun
08/27/14 09:02 PM
Chum Kiu 2nd section applications
by futsaowingchun
08/20/14 09:54 PM
Forum Stats
22915 Members
36 Forums
35575 Topics
432495 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Topic Options
#423711 - 11/24/09 01:29 PM Pacquiao-vs-Mayweather
MattJ Offline
Free Rhinoplasty!
Prolific

Loc: York PA. USA
From this link -

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersp...superfight.html

"Bob Arum and Richard Schaefer, promoters respectively of Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather Jr, are under way with negotiations to seal the superfight between boxing's pound-for-pound kings.
The meeting of Pacquiao and Mayweather will be the biggest fight for at least a decade, and could overhaul many revenue records, with May 1 2010 the projected date of the contest, most likely in Las Vegas.

The all-time pay-per-view record is the 2.44 million buys generated by Mayweather's 2007 win against Oscar De La Hoya. It is expected that a meeting of Pacquiao and Mayweather could sell over 2.5 million pay per view buys, and gross over $100 million.

Pacquiao returns home Schaefer, CEO of Golden Boy Promotions, has said that all details within the negotiations will be kept confidential. Judging by the history of such affairs, it will take weeks to iron out."

#423766 - 11/26/09 12:26 PM Re: Pacquiao-vs-Mayweather [Re: MattJ]
Prizewriter Offline
Professional Poster

It's a cert to happen. Too much money to be made by all involved for it not to happen!

Can't see Pacman winning though.

#423769 - 11/26/09 04:17 PM Re: Pacquiao-vs-Mayweather [Re: Prizewriter]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Loc: Cambridge UK.
Originally Posted By: Prizewriter
Can't see Pacman winning though.

Seriously!?

In my mind, Mayweather is not undefeated anyway - I had De La Hoya winning that fight.

I am not saying that Pac is favourite, I see this truly as a 50/50 fight, and it will be down to who makes, and capitalises on, mistakes, because when it comes to skill and talent, I couldnt put a pin between them.

#423770 - 11/26/09 04:55 PM Re: Pacquiao-vs-Mayweather [Re: Cord]
Prizewriter Offline
Professional Poster

Pacman is still too easy to hit. He looked great against Cotto and Hatton, and the style of his victory in both bouts meant that there wasn't as much attention in the media to some of the shots he took in said bouts. He is similar to Amir Khan: superb offensive fighter with decent boxing skills, but defense is a weak area.

I don't care for his out of ring persona (though I know why he does it), but as a boxer I love watching Mayweather. He is one for the purists, hit and don't get hit, stick and move. Mayweather is strong offensively and even stronger defensively.

That said, if anyone today can wear Mayweather down, it would be the Pacman. He has a chance, but I see him as the underdog here. I've been wrong before though!

#423928 - 12/07/09 12:07 PM Re: Pacquiao-vs-Mayweather [Re: MattJ]
zackie Offline
Stranger

Pacquiao is the greatest boxer of his time

#424137 - 12/24/09 10:08 AM Re: Pacquiao-vs-Mayweather [Re: zackie]
MattJ Offline
Free Rhinoplasty!
Prolific

Loc: York PA. USA
Doh.

http://boxing.fanhouse.com/2009/12/23/bob-arum-mayweather-pacquiao-fight-dead/

"Top Rank promoter, Bob Arum, said that the Floyd Mayweather-Manny Pacquiao fight scheduled for March 13 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas "in my mind, is dead as a door nail," adding that, "we're starting to look, today, for other opponents" for Pacquiao.

At the center of the negotiating impasse is the Mayweather camp's insistence on Olympic-style drug-testing, specifically, in taking blood samples, randomly "up to and including the weigh-in the day before the fight," said Arum.

Pacquiao had agreed to random urinalysis testing at any time, said Arum. But the seven-division champion from the Philippines, believing that giving blood so close to fight time would weaken him, would supply blood only 30 days out from the fight or directly after the fight, Arum said.

"As far as I can see, nothing is going on with the fight. I really believe that this exposes the fact that Mayweather never had any intentions to do the fight," said Arum. "I don't think that I can salvage this fight because Mayweather -- the fighter on the other side -- does not want to fight, he never wanted to fight Manny Pacquiao, and he's afraid to lose."

Arum noted that Pacquiao has fought nearly a dozen times in Las Vegas, including his past six fights -- decisions over Marco Antonio Barrera and Juan Manuel Marquez, as well as knockouts of David Diaz, Oscar De La Hoya, Ricky Hatton and Cotto.

"He's passed every test that they've given. And if the extensive testing of the kind that is done in Nevada has been good enough for everybody in Nevada for 40 years, I don't see why it should change now," said Arum. "Floyd Mayweather's being coddled by sycophants like [Golden Boy Promotions CEO] Richard Schaefer, who ought to be ashamed of himself for the statements that he's made."

Pacquiao (50-3-2, 38 knockouts) earned an unprecedented seventh crown in as many different weight classes when he took Miguel Cotto's WBO welerweight (147 pounds) title with a 12th-round knockout on Nov. 14.

Arum said that Pacquiao could go after an unprecedented eighth crown in as many weight divisions against New York's newly-crowned WBA titlist Yuri Foreman (28-0, eight KOs), or he could fight Mexican great Juan Manuel Marquez (50-5-1, 37 KOs) at 140 pounds, against whom Pacquiao has fought to a disputed draw and earned a disputed decision, respectively.

Another opponent, said Arum, is New York's Paulie Malignaggi (27-3, five KOs), another 140 pounder."

frown

#424145 - 12/26/09 08:17 AM Re: Pacquiao-vs-Mayweather [Re: MattJ]
Prizewriter Offline
Professional Poster

Still think that it will happen long term. Too much $$$ for everyone concerned for it to end up otherwise.

#424154 - 12/27/09 02:02 PM Re: Pacquiao-vs-Mayweather [Re: Prizewriter]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Loc: Cambridge UK.
Originally Posted By: Prizewriter
Still think that it will happen long term. Too much $$$ for everyone concerned for it to end up otherwise.

Mayweather may say its all about the money, but his vanity and pride are at the heart of his comeback, he has more cash than he can spend in his lifetime anyway.
I honestly cant see Pac losing, and I dont think Jnr can either.

#424224 - 01/02/10 10:36 AM Re: Pacquiao-vs-Mayweather [Re: Cord]
mmaaddict Offline
Stranger

Loc: WA, Australia
Pacman and Mayweather fight is on the 13th March 2010. 14th here in Australia.

#424339 - 01/10/10 11:10 AM Re: Pacquiao-vs-Mayweather [Re: mmaaddict]
motobusmonkey Offline

Loc: St Louis
Sorry to bring this tired subject up, but I can't believe this fight is not going to happen! Pacman and Clottey is sure to be a battle, but it's not Pac vs Mayweather. It makes me sick that a drug testing window of ten days is the reason the "fight of the decade" won't happen. I put the blame on egos from both sides, but I can't imagine these guys giving up $80 million between them.

Boxing is pretty much dead to me now, I'll just watch MMA instead.

Moderator:  Cord, MattJ, Reiki, Taison 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Ryukyu Art
Artifacts from the Ryukyu Kingdom missing since WWII. Visit www.ShisaLion.Org to view pictures

Best Stun Guns
Self Defense Products-stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and more

Surveillance 4U
Complete surveillance systems for covert operations or secure installation security

Asylum Images
Book presents photo tour of the Trans-Allegany Lunatic Asylum. A must if you're going to take a ghost tour!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga