FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 56 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Shanktotheright, royal, bobgalle100011, agenonline, TooNice
22862 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
THEFOREVERMAN 3
Dobbersky 3
MattJ 2
royal 2
SoulJah22 1
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
New Topics
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by Marcus Charles
03/24/14 04:39 PM
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by Dobbersky
03/20/14 05:45 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
AKK kata question
by
09/04/05 01:27 PM
Recent Posts
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by THEFOREVERMAN
Yesterday at 08:22 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by THEFOREVERMAN
Yesterday at 08:20 AM
AKK kata question
by MattJ
04/04/14 05:45 PM
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Forum Stats
22862 Members
36 Forums
35546 Topics
432378 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#423145 - 10/27/09 05:42 AM A complete program
Bushido_Child Offline

So...I'm in a search for a COMPLETE strenghtening/conditioning program for Martial Arts in general...maybe more for Boxing and Mhuai Thai..If someone can make one for me I'll be GRATEFUL.If he needs some stats like my weight/height and other stuff please do tell me...And please,don't give me links to other sites like rosstraining etc. I just want a program that I get and go...thx

#423146 - 10/27/09 05:50 AM Re: A complete program [Re: Bushido_Child]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Loc: Cambridge UK.
Height and weight dont matter, but there is info you will need to give:

Your age.

What MA classes you attend, how often per week, and their duration.

Any health conditions or injuries.

What equipment you have access to (gym membership, what sort of gym etc)

How much time do you feel you want to commit to conditioning work (max frequency and duration)

That will give us something to work with smile

#423159 - 10/27/09 11:46 AM Re: A complete program [Re: Cord]
Bushido_Child Offline

I'm 18. I don't attend any classes I train all by myself...no health conditions whatsoever...I've broken a leg but it's in perfect condition and it's never giving me trouble.I have a monthly gym membership so I can go whenever I want.It's a standart gym but it does have a heavy punching bag.For the week,
maybe 4 days for conditioning,the other 3 for sparrings,technique etc.

#423160 - 10/27/09 12:11 PM Re: A complete program [Re: Bushido_Child]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Well, my 1st piece of advice is that you not put the cart before the horse, and go sign yourself up to a Martial art of your choice and start learning.

You see, until you are under instruction, you will have no idea what physical elements you need to work hardest on in order to improve your technique and performance.

If you dont want to do this, then what you are actually asking is "I need a good all round gym workout that will get me buff and get a physique like a boxer"

There really is nothing wrong with that as a goal, but its an entirely different process.

#423199 - 10/28/09 02:10 PM Re: A complete program [Re: Cord]
Bushido_Child Offline

Well...the thing is...It's not that I don't WANT to sign up,but rather that I CAN'T sign up ,simply because there is no MA classes here.Everything I've learned and used,because I've been in a couple of tournaments(nothing much) is learned all by myself.And what you're saying is that I need somebody to tell me what my weak and strong points in technique are correct ? If it's that,I've got a few people who are willing to help me with this.They are training MA ofc :)SO if it's this I can give you their opinion.

#423200 - 10/28/09 02:31 PM Re: A complete program [Re: Bushido_Child]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Sorry, but the only way you could enter any tournaments is if you were registered with a federation of a specific art. For example, I can't just walk into a Tae Kwon Do tournament and take part because I feel like it. I would have to be a registered member of the federation under who's rules the tournament was organised.
The only 'walk off the street' tournaments out there are 'Tough man' comps, and they are for over 21's, so whilst I am sure you want very badly to be a martial artist, little white lies on here won't make it real.

If you are training with people who have done MA's, where do they train? Where do you live? I would be happy to google for you and find some classes in your area.

I am not trying to be awkward, its just until you are honest with yourself, and then this thread, no advice can be given accurately.

#423201 - 10/28/09 05:07 PM Re: A complete program [Re: Cord]
MattJ Offline
Free Rhinoplasty!
Prolific

Loc: York PA. USA
Cord -

While I agree with the thrust of your statement, in the USA, you do not have to be affiliated with a particular federation to enter open (ie; non style-specific) point-style tourneys. Most of them do require that you be a member of a school, though.

#423203 - 10/28/09 05:39 PM Re: A complete program [Re: MattJ]
Bushido_Child Offline

Whoa whoa.Didn't you misunderstand something ? I'm not here to impress people or something like that.I just tought it would be valuable information.There's no point in lying about something like this.I said nothing much,because it IS nothing much.It's not some grand tournament with prises and medals or any of that stuff.It's just a friendly competition between fighters in the area.You can be a boxer,TKD,KarateKa,Wrestler or whatever.You can be a Bruce Lee wannabe for all they care(no disrespect towards JKD)...Anybody can participate.They just have to play an entry fee.That's all.Oh and I'm from Bulgaria.In the UK there may be such rules and IMO it sucks because I bet there are ppl who can't afford MA classes (like myself) but want to test their skills.But here in Bulgaria there are no such things.EVERYONE can make up a tournament if they have the money.As long as it's all safe ofcourse.The gloves the mouthpieces leg protectors etc.

So I hope that any misunderstandings are cleared...

#423208 - 10/28/09 06:25 PM Re: A complete program [Re: Bushido_Child]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Listen, gloving up and throwing down is not learning a martial art. Like you say, as long as its safe, then fair enough, but its not learning fighting techniques, its using what you think is effective, based on nothing but your hopes, and whatever strength and reactions your genetics have given you.
If you steal a ferrari, and manage to steer it around a racetrack, it doesnt make you a racing driver, and it is fair to say that a trained racedriver will kick your butt in a race.

Its not just the UK that has federations, its global, including Bulgaria. For insurance purposes, and also to ensure the tournaments can lead to ranking and wider competition, Karate, Kung-fu, cage fighting, Savate, Muay Thai, boxing, you name the art, and there is a national and international body for it.

You should look around more seriously for MA in your area, many classes/teachers are not profit driven at all, and offer affordable training for someone like yourself who can afford a gym membership.

I cant give you a conditioning programme for your martial arts until you have a martial art. Thats the basic truth.

#423221 - 10/29/09 08:38 AM Re: A complete program [Re: Cord]
Bushido_Child Offline

Ok I'm tired of explaining myself over and over.Every time you take a different stand but in the end you don't get any of it.If you don't want to help It's ok.You're not obligated or anything.But please don't talk like you understand my situation or the MA rules in Bulgaria.And I'm well aware of all MA federations in BG or mainly.Just because I don't train officially doesn't mean that I'm in the dark about that stuff.Not everything you read in Internet is like it is in real life.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Cord, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Stun Guns
Variety of stun gun devices for your protection

Buy Pepper Spray
Worry about your family when you’re not around? Visit us today to protect everything you value.

Koryu.com
Accurate information on the ancient martial traditions of the Japanese samurai

C2 Taser
Protect yourself and loved ones from CRIME with the latest C2 Taser citizen model. Very effective.

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga