FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 23 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
LeroyCFischer, JadeKing, Beefcake, WesJones, simonajones111
22933 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
futsaowingchun 2
charlie 2
simonajones111 1
GojuRyuboy13 1
Zombie Zero 1
November
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
New Topics
unrecognized kata
by William_Bent
11/19/14 07:05 PM
I gained a lot of month in the last few months
by simonajones111
11/19/14 04:54 AM
Siu Lin Tao-3rd section applications
by futsaowingchun
11/13/14 06:48 PM
Screen fighting course UK December 2014
by charlie
11/11/14 04:09 PM
Siu Lin Tao-1st section Pak Sao explanations
by futsaowingchun
11/09/14 10:30 PM
I spy kata bunkai..
by GojuRyuboy13
10/29/14 08:28 AM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
MA style video library
by
03/22/06 03:18 PM
Recent Posts
unrecognized kata
by William_Bent
11/19/14 07:05 PM
I gained a lot of month in the last few months
by simonajones111
11/19/14 04:54 AM
Siu Lin Tao-3rd section applications
by futsaowingchun
11/13/14 06:48 PM
Screen fighting course UK December 2014
by charlie
11/11/14 04:09 PM
MA style video library
by charlie
11/11/14 04:05 PM
Siu Lin Tao-1st section Pak Sao explanations
by futsaowingchun
11/09/14 10:30 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/29/14 10:01 PM
I spy kata bunkai..
by GojuRyuboy13
10/29/14 08:28 AM
Forum Stats
22933 Members
36 Forums
35589 Topics
432521 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Topic Options
#421538 - 08/13/09 04:55 PM KICKBOXING
shiyan Offline
Stranger

Hi everyone, I set up this topic for consiously and subtile commenting, leaveing appreciations and argueing about the most efficacious technique that ensure obvious advantage at almost all situations.

Kicboxing guard

What is the most accurate guard position that will ensure priority in the case of "longer distance"?

Edited by shiyan (08/13/09 04:56 PM)

#421578 - 08/14/09 08:02 PM Re: KICKBOXING [Re: shiyan]
karl314285 Offline

Loc: The Matrix, Serif is Teacher
Hi,

Only practiced MT 2yrs a while ago in daytona bch , FL...Sooo..
I assume street and/or monitored ring match.

Still like to have my stance of NO stance, basically the idea is I try to give no clue at "safe" distance that I have any clue what I'm doing (as more often than naught I live clueless)...assuming most any stance is a "Tell" and helps me out (I am known to assume a vague stance to send a "Fake Tell", let the opponent assume I'm a Judoka, I'm not, we may all know what assuming does to one smile ).

Basically a JKD short phasic stance or a Ba Gua stance where lead leg is primed to push away/rear leg is set to push attack...a tension in balance.
Where are my hands? At a "safe" distance generally slightly raised in a non threatening poise, in the ring I often start palms in or in fists as there is REALLY NO WAY to know another persons skill at closing the gap to attack///there is no "safe/Longer" distance that cannot be closed by one skilled in this...I've been hit enough to just stick with the short bent phasic stance and hands not obviously threatening, rather passive and hopefully misleading
//
Stance w/ no "Tell" or "Fake Tell Stance"
Did any of that make sense????

Karl. Peace.

#421669 - 08/17/09 02:57 PM Re: KICKBOXING [Re: karl314285]
shiyan Offline
Stranger

Originally Posted By: karl314285
Hi,

Only practiced MT 2yrs a while ago in daytona bch , FL...Sooo..
I assume street and/or monitored ring match.

Still like to have my stance of NO stance, basically the idea is I try to give no clue at "safe" distance that I have any clue what I'm doing (as more often than naught I live clueless)...assuming most any stance is a "Tell" and helps me out (I am known to assume a vague stance to send a "Fake Tell", let the opponent assume I'm a Judoka, I'm not, we may all know what assuming does to one smile ).

Basically a JKD short phasic stance or a Ba Gua stance where lead leg is primed to push away/rear leg is set to push attack...a tension in balance.
Where are my hands? At a "safe" distance generally slightly raised in a non threatening poise, in the ring I often start palms in or in fists as there is REALLY NO WAY to know another persons skill at closing the gap to attack///there is no "safe/Longer" distance that cannot be closed by one skilled in this...I've been hit enough to just stick with the short bent phasic stance and hands not obviously threatening, rather passive and hopefully misleading
//
Stance w/ no "Tell" or "Fake Tell Stance"
Did any of that make sense????

Karl. Peace.

I actually didn't understand some quotes (the bold one)...

Your perception is unfortunately improper, there is no consciousness and convincness in your massage.

Your initial stimulate a good appreciation according to that your preception should be more neatly composed.

In the case of "longer" distance, you should definitely give almost no movements that will reveal you real fighting attitude. Beside that your attack should be based on fakes to ensure a subtle perception and efficient attack.

#421681 - 08/17/09 06:53 PM Re: KICKBOXING [Re: shiyan]
karl314285 Offline

Hi Shiyan,

The bold I believe in question easily fixed...
a "Tell" signifies a posture, mannerism, unconscious habit that is recognizable by the opponent (Tell:Poker and card game term) and gives away opponents intention prior to initiation.
So a No Tell stance is the first part of your last sentence.. " In the case of 'Longer' distance, you should definitely give no movements that will reveal your real fighting attitude."
***SO a "NO TELL" stance is short slang for exactly what you note.

A "Fake Tell Stance" is assuming just that a Fake, the opponent is lead to believe ones "Fighting attitude is X" when truly ones "Fighting attitude is Z+A". this so close as to be identical to the last sentence..."Besides that your attack should be based on fakes..."

**Apologize for use of obscure Card Game Lingo/Slang, its just more compact and familiar to Americans.

***As to "Improper Perception", I may not have grasped the essence of the question...it is compact and I was trying to do best guess of overall interpretation. I would probably need clarification, tho I admit to not being the brightest person in a dark room.

***I must be slow..."there is no consciousness and convincing-ness in your message"...I'm missing something probably related to different interpretations of the two words, or some other point....After clarification of slang 'No Tell" and "Fake Tell" and a comparison to your concluding two sentences where I believe I demonstrate that my slang terms in direct comparison to the last two concluding points you make are basically identically....OR am I that bad??? For if one agrees the statements are basically relaying the same essence than there must be a glimmer at least of "consciousness", I did have to reread the posed question several times and ponder as to closest desired response before posting, OR we have different connotations as to how you are using "consciousness" in the context.

***How convincing the post is, again, I "believe" falls to original question and personal connotations of some simple words whose surrounding context alters the words meaning, language is often very personal and context driven....use of "long distance" in my brain is the area were I potentially am out of opponents striking range and so "Safe", with that interpretation my assertion that everyone has different abilities to move from what I thought was a distance "long' enough to be "safe" actually was not and I kinda feel the main point that there is no truly safe distance...and I make this point as I constantly see students think they are in a "safe" distance and drop their attention or (GAD) open their mouth to play with mouth piece, if "long distance" implies opponent is so far that He is unable to soundly strike my interpretation is "Safe" distance and I have been under the impression that I should not drop awareness as I do not yet know opponents skills seems to have enough merit to warrant a title of somewhat convincing...If the definitions are not equivalent than the issue is semantics and what is different between our definitions as I truly have no clue, I had to base answer on my best concept of the word.

concerning "initial good impression", thats simply the long description of the Bold Slang you queried about initially, I just compacted the initial explanation into short easily (tho slang and not readily known) easy to memorize bullets.

Unfortunately, if I interpret "Preception" and "Composed" as believe you mean...well I just cant honestly apologize for the sentence construction and grammar, I like the odd prose I use especially archaic or slang contraction and OFTEN the absolute lack of punctuation...SORRY if that made it more difficult...Its my style/trademark/belief that we as interpreting humans sub consciously impose punctuation in a conversation or extended thought, so why should I use punctuation if the writing is read as one thinks the brain will impose punctuation, its free form and my revenge for the hideously over structured 30 page papers I had to write in college

****do I now suck less or did I just dig a pit of total trash?

Karl. Peace.

#421733 - 08/19/09 04:50 PM Re: KICKBOXING [Re: karl314285]
shiyan Offline
Stranger

First of all I want to mention that I maybe didn't found the right words to express the topic quastion (that's why this is in quastion marks "longer distance") wich make it vague.

I agree with your observations about "No Tell" and "Fake Tell" contents, expecially that there is no safe distance wich admits the neglect of awareness.

Your trademark/belief "that we as interpreting humans sub consciously impose punctuation in a conversation or extended thought" is definitely a way of conversation if you have confirmation that the person who you talking to is at that level of exprirence.

Beside that I recommend expressing yourself in the most simplest way what will ensure understanding.

I very appriciate the discussion with you and I'm very interested to continiue it, keeping in mind what we have mentioned till now.

#421736 - 08/19/09 06:03 PM Re: KICKBOXING [Re: shiyan]
karl314285 Offline

Hi Shiyan,

Thank you for responding w/ input.
Yes everyone in this form will attest I talk to much and often disjointed, I often will ponder a post till I believe I can give a worthwhile reply or , if not I move on. My brain is odd, having worked in diagnostic medicine15 yrs and as an educator 4yrs and often , if I believe I have valuable input, I begin typing the thoughts which are passing through mind and am not actually thinking of what and how to type.

You are very nice , I regret that I will not have a chance to communicate with you after tomorrow by 5pm eastern standard time, nor will I be able to simplify my posts...I will be homeless. I have no family, no friends, no job,no car and no idea how to live wandering; and, must surrender the lap top to someone I owe money to...I have had a very rough/painful year. However, Life can turn faster than I will be able to simplify my ideas in print. I hope one day we will meet again.

Karl. Peace. I feel that kindness is left where you have passed

Moderator:  Cord, MattJ, Reiki, Taison 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Ryukyu Art
Artifacts from the Ryukyu Kingdom missing since WWII. Visit www.ShisaLion.Org to view pictures

Best Stun Guns
Self Defense Products-stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and more

Surveillance 4U
Complete surveillance systems for covert operations or secure installation security

Asylum Images
Book presents photo tour of the Trans-Allegany Lunatic Asylum. A must if you're going to take a ghost tour!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga