FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 27 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
TomRosenberg, jessylin, play, Keith_G, LeroyCFischer
22937 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
jwwmantis 2
Zombie Zero 1
harlan 1
Beefcake 1
LeroyCFischer 1
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
New Topics
Freeing Hand-Wing Chun's last movements
by futsaowingchun
Yesterday at 09:40 PM
2015 Master Yang Jwing-Ming Seminar
by jwwmantis
12/05/14 10:36 PM
unrecognized kata
by William_Bent
11/19/14 07:05 PM
I gained a lot of month in the last few months
by simonajones111
11/19/14 04:54 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
The Beginners Guide To Stretching
by
12/27/06 11:43 AM
Your true goal
by
03/03/06 07:16 AM
Recent Posts
Freeing Hand-Wing Chun's last movements
by futsaowingchun
Yesterday at 09:40 PM
Your true goal
by Beefcake
12/11/14 02:44 AM
The Beginners Guide To Stretching
by LeroyCFischer
12/04/14 02:07 AM
unrecognized kata
by William_Bent
11/19/14 07:05 PM
I gained a lot of month in the last few months
by simonajones111
11/19/14 04:54 AM
Forum Stats
22937 Members
36 Forums
35591 Topics
432526 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#421694 - 08/18/09 10:53 AM Re: UFC 101: SPOILERS [Re: Chen Zen]
Neko456 Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Midwest City, Ok, USA
You think you can do better then the ex light heavyweight Champion that is very ambitious. Forrest Griffin is one of the elite in the MMA his heart and tenacity is above par in most of his other fights he has demonstrarated that. But like Forrest stated in a pre fight interview he knew Anderson was faster and that was the really key. Forrest Griffin is a good striker and grappler with good combinations but Silva is a excellent striker and good grappler. To me Forrest should have taken it to the ground maybe then he would have had a better chance but Anderseb hits hard even while grappling.

As for Forrest not bring it he was on the attack when he was caught by that counter right, ran right into it. I like Forrest Griffin also and still think he is one of the elite fighters but Andersen Silva is an awesome strikers.

For whAt its worth I like to see you fight in the MMA aLSO but let's start at the bottom and work our way up, like everyone else.

#421695 - 08/18/09 11:17 AM Re: UFC 101: SPOILERS [Re: Neko456]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Loc: Cambridge UK.
I totaly agree Neko, no way that Forrest could be accused of not taking the fight to Anderson with full effort, not be accused of being anything less than a top level fighter.

It just so happens that he was up against something truly special. In the same way as Ussain Bolt is something more than fast, and Muhammed Ali was more than a boxer.

I truly believe that this fight was not an example of Griffin's limitations, but of Anderson's magic.

#422166 - 09/07/09 08:43 PM Re: UFC 101: SPOILERS [Re: Cord]
Chen Zen Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Ms
Im not Convinced. Im honestly a bigger griffin fan than silvia, though I like them both. The reason I like Griffin more it his pitbull mentality. Even when he's hurt, half out on his feet, he's coming forward and swinging it out. Love that. Im not sayting that he should have won, but he could have I believe.

And yeah, Anderson's special. But before him, franklin was special. There will be someone else that everyone idolizes just as soon as anderson loses or retires. Way of the world.

#422176 - 09/08/09 06:00 AM Re: UFC 101: SPOILERS [Re: Chen Zen]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Franklin was never considered 'special' . If anything, there were accusations that he was being protected as a potential new 'poster boy' for the sport. I still think its very convenient that Matt Lindland, a spoiling, ground and pound gorilla, who would, in all probablility have given Franklin some real problems, if not flat out beat him, suddenly got banned from UFC for a technical breach of contract just around the time he would have had a shot at Franklin.
I like Franklin, he is a solid talented fighter, but we have seen time and again what Silva does to solid talented fighters. He played with Griffin, he dropped his hands, and stood there and said 'brawl away, knock me out if you can' , and he couldnt touch him. Then he dispatched him with ease.

Forrest is a living breathing Rocky Balboa, he seems a nice guy with a fighting heart, but he could have walked in their with a baseball bat against Silva and not had the footwork or timing to make it make a difference. He was completely outclassed.

#422221 - 09/09/09 05:46 PM Re: UFC 101: SPOILERS [Re: Cord]
Chen Zen Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Ms
Never considered special? Before Anderson, almost no one thought that Franklin could be beat. He was outclassing fighters like Anderson did to him and so many others.

Standing up, had griffin not been afraid of Andersons speed/power, I believe he could have done damage to him. Sure Anderson is faster, and more technical striker, that doesnt mean a lot to a man who, as shown in most of his fights, isnt afraid to get hit or hurt and can give out as much as he takes.

I dont know if Anderson "Outclassed" him, but it was definately an easy win for him and I feel like it was easy for him because Griffin laid down and gave up after taking that first hard shot, which isnt typical of him judging from his previous fights. Now that he has been in the ring with him, and knows firsthand what power speed and skills anderson possesses, Id like to see them fight again. The end result may very well be the same but i bet that the fight is going to be longer and way more entertaining than this one was.

#422227 - 09/10/09 05:41 AM Re: UFC 101: SPOILERS [Re: Chen Zen]
Cord Offline
Prolific

I just think we saw different fights Chen. If Forrest had gone in harder quicker, he just would have been knocked out quicker. He didnt 'give up' , he was charging in when he got put to sleep. Anderson had to taunt him into bringing it, as he had already hurt him, and Forrest was trying to re-think his tactics to make a fight of it. Anderson beat his chest, dropped his hands and said 'come on!', Griffin tried to do what he does best, and 3 seconds later he was asleep on the floor.
Watch it again - its right there in HD technicolour slo mo.

#422228 - 09/10/09 07:14 AM Re: UFC 101: SPOILERS [Re: Cord]
MattJ Offline
Free Rhinoplasty!
Prolific

Loc: York PA. USA
Yeah, I think I agree with Cord here. I didn't see where Forest had given up at all. He was literally going in after Silva when he got KO'd. "Outclassed" would be an accurate description, IMHO.

#422231 - 09/10/09 09:33 AM Re: UFC 101: SPOILERS [Re: MattJ]
Dereck Offline
Prolific

Loc: Great White North
Agreed as well; Forrest never quits his only failings are he is one dimensional and predictable; very easy for Silva to train for. If Forrest quit anything he quit the fans and himself by running out of the ring "again". Silva is just that much better then the competition he has been up against; that is something that could never be said about Franklin in his prime especially with the Matt Linland thing always in the background. Franklin for sure had hard and was a good fighter but not on the same level as Silva that was proven twice; devastatingly I might add. Plus Franklin never dominated any fighter like Silva has with the exception of a young Nate Quarry; can you say highlight reel.

No, at this point I don't see any fighter on Silva's level. Even my GSP I love dearly as a fighter I would fear for him though wouldn't count him out.

#422232 - 09/10/09 10:43 AM Re: UFC 101: SPOILERS [Re: Dereck]
MattJ Offline
Free Rhinoplasty!
Prolific

Loc: York PA. USA
Yes, I would probably have to give Silva the advantage against GSP. Silva has the reach, and is a better striker, although GSP and his wrestling would make for a tough match.

I would also love to see Silva against Frank Mir, LOL.

#422234 - 09/10/09 01:01 PM Re: UFC 101: SPOILERS [Re: MattJ]
Neko456 Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Midwest City, Ok, USA
There is suppose to he a post fight video of Forrest explaing why he ran out of th ring. Personally he has nothing to aplogize for. He has proven himself in his patt fights and becoming the Champion of his divison, you can't win all the time and disppointments happen. We all know. He did his best with the battle plans you brought in, though I think leg kicking and taking him to the ground would have served you better. Silva actually used Forests' courage and williness to give and take against him Knowing that he could bait him into attacking, becaue Forrest will bring it.

Silva is a striker on another level.

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Cord, Fletch1, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Ryukyu Art
Artifacts from the Ryukyu Kingdom missing since WWII. Visit www.ShisaLion.Org to view pictures

Best Stun Guns
Self Defense Products-stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and more

Surveillance 4U
Complete surveillance systems for covert operations or secure installation security

Asylum Images
Book presents photo tour of the Trans-Allegany Lunatic Asylum. A must if you're going to take a ghost tour!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga