FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 24 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
ksusanc, kellypnik123, leyinn, Ron_Cooley, businns
22902 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Dobbersky 10
trevek 6
JKogas 5
cxt 5
TaekwonDoFan 2
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
New Topics
centerline concepts
by futsaowingchun
07/14/14 10:49 PM
language of syllabus
by trevek
07/11/14 03:36 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:14 AM
10 San Sik drills-Wing Chun's foundation
by futsaowingchun
06/30/14 11:20 AM
"Ip Man" and "Ip Man 2" the movies.
by TaekwonDoFan
06/30/14 11:02 AM
Iaido movements speed
by TooNice
04/14/14 01:47 PM
Anderson Silva - Leg Break
by Dobbersky
12/30/13 08:32 AM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
Gi or no Gi Grappling?
by Prizewriter
04/16/12 02:48 PM
Recent Posts
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by Dobbersky
07/18/14 06:17 AM
centerline concepts
by Dobbersky
07/18/14 06:14 AM
language of syllabus
by trevek
07/14/14 04:50 PM
Gi or no Gi Grappling?
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:38 AM
MMA - A passing Fad
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:35 AM
Anderson Silva - Leg Break
by Dobbersky
07/09/14 06:13 AM
Throwing
by JKogas
07/03/14 07:40 PM
10 San Sik drills-Wing Chun's foundation
by futsaowingchun
06/30/14 11:20 AM
"Ip Man" and "Ip Man 2" the movies.
by TaekwonDoFan
06/30/14 11:02 AM
Forget all that health stuff
by TaekwonDoFan
06/29/14 03:18 AM
Forum Stats
22902 Members
36 Forums
35563 Topics
432446 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#421416 - 08/09/09 12:58 PM Re: UFC 101: SPOILERS [Re: MattJ]
Dereck Offline
Prolific

Loc: Great White North
Silva - effortless, absolutely effortless.

Penn - conditioned and came to fight; the best BJ I have ever seen. Kenny is no slouch but was out skilled and out fought. Coming from me this means a lot since I am not a Penn fan.

#421420 - 08/09/09 02:42 PM Re: UFC 101: SPOILERS [Re: Dereck]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Loc: Cambridge UK.
Originally Posted By: Dereck
Penn - conditioned and came to fight; the best BJ I have ever seen. Kenny is no slouch but was out skilled and out fought. Coming from me this means a lot since I am not a Penn fan.

Agreed. Presumably he spent less time 'running rocks', and hanging out with people last seen being handcuffed by Dwayne 'Dog' Chapman, and actually did some legitemate training. Its about time, though i have to say I do think he made heavy work of Florian, who whilst talented, I dont think has displayed game to put him at the top of the tree.

#421434 - 08/09/09 08:47 PM Re: UFC 101: SPOILERS [Re: Cord]
TheCrab Offline
Scum

Loc: QLD Australia
I am in awe of Silva

Biggest ali/roy jones

#421483 - 08/11/09 11:56 AM Re: UFC 101: SPOILERS [Re: TheCrab]
Neko456 Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Midwest City, Ok, USA
What I found amazing was everybody knows Forrest will bring it being a power puncher or good grappler won't beat him as in the his fight against Jackson, but against a superior accurate striker his bravery and courage is can be his undoing as that counter Right hand proved Forrest Griffin is not a quitter if he could continue he would have. He ran right into the shot probably didn't even see it. This was another case that speed kills/KUFO.

With Kenny I'd say the same thing he is a master grappler but its hard to grapple with a guy that has four arms, did you see those hard kicks to liver and small ribs by BJ before he clamped on that RNC, wow like Grappling with a Otopus. And how he easily went from mount to Kennys back with fighting for postion it seemed. As good a striker and grappler as Kenny is BJ was clearly stronger, except at kicking but Kenny couldn't hurt him with them.

Edited by Neko456 (08/11/09 12:05 PM)

#421526 - 08/13/09 03:27 AM Re: UFC 101: SPOILERS [Re: Neko456]
Chen Zen Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Ms
Not a Ken Flo fan though he has came up alot. I gotta go with Penn. If for no other reason than octagon experience and tougher opponents faced.

As for Silva, I think his times up. Forrest has been on fire the last year or so, he wants it badly, and can take a worse beating than ANYONE in MMA. Silva, as stated by someone above, fights to his competitors level which will be his downfall. Instead of going in and doing the job he's going to rely on forrest to set the pace. Forrest always comes forward, and he's willing to take hard shots to give hard shots. He's hard to put out and a fighter with that much heart is always dangerous rather or not he has any real skills. If he doenst win then my money says that its going to be a ref stoppage over a severe cut. He's a bleeder.

#421528 - 08/13/09 05:13 AM Re: UFC 101: SPOILERS [Re: Chen Zen]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Loc: Cambridge UK.
Originally Posted By: Chen Zen
Not a Ken Flo fan though he has came up alot. I gotta go with Penn. If for no other reason than octagon experience and tougher opponents faced.

As for Silva, I think his times up. Forrest has been on fire the last year or so, he wants it badly, and can take a worse beating than ANYONE in MMA. Silva, as stated by someone above, fights to his competitors level which will be his downfall. Instead of going in and doing the job he's going to rely on forrest to set the pace. Forrest always comes forward, and he's willing to take hard shots to give hard shots. He's hard to put out and a fighter with that much heart is always dangerous rather or not he has any real skills. If he doenst win then my money says that its going to be a ref stoppage over a severe cut. He's a bleeder.

er, Chen, the fights have already happened smile You were right about Penn, but Silva destroyed Forrest with ease in round 1 with arguably the best demonstration of pure striking ability ever seen in the Octagon.

#421566 - 08/14/09 01:50 PM Re: UFC 101: SPOILERS [Re: Cord]
Chen Zen Offline
Professional Poster

LOL wow. Been out of the loop for a little while. My son had two surgeries, And Im moving nearly cross country for my job, things have been crazy but getting better.

Hate to hear about Forrests loss, but cant wait to see it on Spike TV! I never buy the PPV. Kudos to Anderson though as i thought that this would have been his toughest opponent yet.

#421569 - 08/14/09 02:48 PM Re: UFC 101: SPOILERS [Re: Chen Zen]
Dereck Offline
Prolific

Loc: Great White North
His easiest opponent yet; effortless to say the least.

http://mmahits.com/fighters/forrest-griffin/ufc-101-anderson-silva-vs-forrest-griffin-fight-video/

Just think, all of Silva's great fights have been against aggressive in your face fighters; that is what Forrest is. While Forrest is a talented and tough kid he is still one dimensional in his fight game. What Forrest does have going for him is his personality and great charisma; unfortunately in the ring that doesn't account for much.

What the UFC needs to do to keep Silva's fights exciting is to find people like that however with some fighters such as Patrick Cote who normally is an in your face fighter, some are getting smarter and not being as aggressive knowing Silva's game. Just like Silva likes to size up his opponents in the first round to come up with a game plan for attack, some are starting to do this and that makes it not exciting.

Not to drag up old blood Chen but what has happened to your own training to fight MMA? To dethrown Silva?

http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubbth...3972#Post403972

#421574 - 08/14/09 06:06 PM Re: UFC 101: SPOILERS [Re: Dereck]
Chen Zen Offline
Professional Poster

Thanks for the link, Ill have to check that out in a moment. As for my training for silva, almost as soon as I joined a gym, I had to quit. I was in a car accident, which had me in physical therapy. Im good now, though. Then my son Noah was born, and there were tons of complications. My wife nearly died in delivery. Then a few weeks after his birth he got sick, and shortly after he developed a hernia. The sickness and hernia were brought on from a condition called (sp) Hypertheric Poleric Stenosis. That brought about several doctor visits, and two surgeries. One for the stenosis and another later on for the hernia. Then after all the dust settled and I was able to get back to training my company transferred to Florida which Im still in the process of moving, which is nearly a cross country move. Once settled here though (Ocala Florida) I plan to research and find a good MMA gym to get back into. The Silva fight may never happen but I do hope, dream, and plan to fight, at a professional level.

#421575 - 08/14/09 06:16 PM Re: UFC 101: SPOILERS [Re: Chen Zen]
Chen Zen Offline
Professional Poster

I just watched the fight. Sad. I notice that Forrest did very little to move to the outside of Anderson's lead. He kept his hands low. And if you watch around the 3:45 mark, (video time, not fight time) you notice that anderson has his hands down low, relying on head movement. Forrest throws a small combo and lifts his leg as if to kick. had he actually thrown the kick it may have landed. He didnt press the action like he has in other fights and it truly looked to me as if he was star struck and afraid. Anderson had to do very little to win. 3-4 punches. I really thought that it would have gone the distance yet it seems that neither of them even broke a sweat. I truly hope that I get the chance to fight on that level, and against him. Even if he destroyed me like he has others, i believe I would have put in more effort than Forrest did there, and i would be honored to do so, win or lose.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Cord, Fletch1, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Ryukyu Art
Artifacts from the Ryukyu Kingdom missing since WWII. Visit www.ShisaLion.Org to view pictures

Best Stun Guns
Self Defense Products-stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and more

Surveillance 4U
Complete surveillance systems for covert operations or secure installation security

Asylum Images
Book presents photo tour of the Trans-Allegany Lunatic Asylum. A must if you're going to take a ghost tour!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga