FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 39 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
AndyLA, danacohenn, ksusanc, kellypnik123, leyinn
22904 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Dobbersky 14
cxt 7
trevek 6
JKogas 5
futsaowingchun 3
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
New Topics
Applied center line theory
by futsaowingchun
07/28/14 08:55 AM
centerline concepts
by futsaowingchun
07/14/14 10:49 PM
language of syllabus
by trevek
07/11/14 03:36 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:14 AM
Anderson Silva - Leg Break
by Dobbersky
12/30/13 08:32 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
Gi or no Gi Grappling?
by Prizewriter
04/16/12 02:48 PM
MMA - A passing Fad
by Dobbersky
04/12/12 11:16 AM
Throwing
by
04/23/05 10:58 PM
Recent Posts
Gi or no Gi Grappling?
by Dobbersky
Yesterday at 05:11 AM
Applied center line theory
by futsaowingchun
07/28/14 08:55 AM
centerline concepts
by futsaowingchun
07/28/14 08:53 AM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by cxt
07/24/14 11:35 AM
language of syllabus
by trevek
07/14/14 04:50 PM
MMA - A passing Fad
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:35 AM
Anderson Silva - Leg Break
by Dobbersky
07/09/14 06:13 AM
Throwing
by JKogas
07/03/14 07:40 PM
Forum Stats
22904 Members
36 Forums
35564 Topics
432455 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#421374 - 08/07/09 04:07 PM Re: UFC 101: UK broadcast information [Re: Dereck]
SifuHax Offline

Loc: Westfield, New Jersey
The Silva vs Griffin fight isn't a title bout? Only three rounds?

Edited by SifuHax (08/07/09 04:11 PM)
Edit Reason: typo

#421376 - 08/07/09 04:48 PM Re: UFC 101: UK broadcast information [Re: SifuHax]
MattJ Offline
Free Rhinoplasty!
Prolific

Loc: York PA. USA
Silva is a middleweight champion (185), moving up a weight class to light heavyweight (205). It's also not a title bout because Forrest is no longer the Champion at 205 - Lyoto Machida is.

#421379 - 08/07/09 05:53 PM Re: UFC 101: UK broadcast information [Re: MattJ]
Supremor Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: UK
And it is doubtful whether Silva will ever fight Machida. They are team mates, and Silva has openly said that he would not fight Machida- "it is Leota's division." GSP - Silva would be an interesting match-up, but again, GSP would be very much outweighed, since Silva is not likely to drop weight- there isn't enough on him for that.

It's also difficult to see what the rewards are for Silva, apart from the fan interest. A loss for either fighter would mean serious questions were asked. For example, if GSP beats Silva, it instantly damages faith in the middleweight division as a whole, and makes Silva's position quite difficult for future fights. That is to say, who do you want to fight if you want to be considered the best middleweight: Silva or GSP the man who beat him?

If Silva beats GSP, which is highly likely, then what will Silva get out of it? He will simply be told that he was the bigger fighter and faith will be restored once again in the weight category system. Are there any incentives whatsoever for Silva?

#421395 - 08/09/09 12:35 AM Re: UFC 101: UK broadcast information [Re: Supremor]
SifuHax Offline

Anderson Silva won!!!! First round KO via punch. I didn't see it. Waiting for the leak online. I don't know who won between Penn and Florian.

#421396 - 08/09/09 02:17 AM Re: UFC 101: UK broadcast information [Re: SifuHax]
Neko456 Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Midwest City, Ok, USA
Silva won by knockout or TKo in the 1st round Forrest is just too brave.

BJ Penn RNC Kenny in the 4th round and was beating him up staning, just another level skill being the Champ. For Silva and BJ, both Forrest and Kenny are champion fighters as Griffin has proven. Just not tonight.

#421399 - 08/09/09 06:18 AM Re: UFC 101: UK broadcast information [Re: Neko456]
SifuHax Offline

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riB_nljmXyI&feature=response_watch

This is the only video I could find, not that great, but it shows Silva's greatness anyway.

#421400 - 08/09/09 06:56 AM Re: UFC 101: SPOILERS [Re: SifuHax]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Loc: Cambridge UK.
1. Guys, if you are going to post results in a thread, please put a spoiler warning in the subject heading. Cheers.

2. Anderson Silva's performance in that fight is the first time one could truly liken an MMAist to Ali. That was incredible. His footwork, his reading and anticipation of Forrest, and his reflexes made the 90 seconds of that fight eerie to watch- he truly knew what Forrest was going to do before he did it, such was the extent to which he had assessed him.

He is the man.

In response to the 'whats in it for Silva in a fight with GSP?' I would simply say that Silva needs a challenge. I honestly cant see him needing to break a sweat fighting anyone other than GSP after that performance.

#421406 - 08/09/09 08:38 AM Re: UFC 101: SPOILERS [Re: Cord]
Supremor Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: UK
WOW!!!!

That was absolutely incredible- I don't think I've ever seen a fight between two world class fighters look so lobsided. Silva's movement was simply extraordinary, while his laser like accuracy defies belief. The first left hook that Silva hit Griffin with made me realise how much better he was- he ducked under Griffin's punch, slammed in a left hook and was out again before Griffin could fire back. Just amazing!

The only way I can describe watching that fight, was by saying that I was shouting at my TV all the way through. Cord, you're right when you bring up the name Ali, that was the nearest thing to art I think I have ever seen in MMA.

Florian-Penn: Penn really showed some good ability in there, I don't think Florian had an advantage in any area. Penn seems to be in much better condition too, Goldberg was right to say he looked thicker. Once Penn got Florian to the mat, I think we all knew it was curtains for Kenny. Penn's jujitsu game is incredibly slick- did you see you fast he wacked on the RNC?

Those were two fights that completely justified an otherwise pretty average card.

#421408 - 08/09/09 10:04 AM Re: UFC 101: SPOILERS [Re: Supremor]
JKogas Offline
Prolific

Loc: North Carolina
Originally Posted By: Supremor
The first left hook that Silva hit Griffin with made me realise how much better he was- he ducked under Griffin's punch, slammed in a left hook and was out again before Griffin could fire back. Just amazing!

I noticed that one as well and it was amazing. That was actually skilled boxing, which many guys really don't seem to exhibit.

Cord, you're right when you bring up the name Ali, that was the nearest thing to art I think I have ever seen in MMA.

He moves a lot like him that's for sure. His ellusiveness and angles are amazing. Again, it just looks like someone with really good boxing. Why people continue to think they can trade with him is beyond me. I know the guy is also a good grappler, but come on! Wouldn't you rather chance being stuffed on a takedown than to willingly play the man at his own game?

Florian-Penn: Penn really showed some good ability in there, I don't think Florian had an advantage in any area. Penn seems to be in much better condition too, Goldberg was right to say he looked thicker. Once Penn got Florian to the mat, I think we all knew it was curtains for Kenny. Penn's jujitsu game is incredibly slick- did you see you fast he wacked on the RNC?

I skipped through a lot of the fight which to me looked insanely boring (same exact situations over the most part of 4 rounds). I was amazed that BJ still had gas left in the tank by the end of the fight. I guess he really did change his conditioning routine (by that I mean, "have" a conditioning routine).

Penn's ability to avoid a takedown his incredible. His ground skills are world class. It's no surprise that the fight was decided on the mat.

Those were two fights that completely justified an otherwise pretty average card.

AMEN TO THAT!

Edited by JKogas (08/09/09 11:12 AM)
Edit Reason: mistake

#421411 - 08/09/09 11:08 AM Re: UFC 101: SPOILERS [Re: JKogas]
MattJ Offline
Free Rhinoplasty!
Prolific

Loc: York PA. USA
Check vids here while they last:

http://www.mmascraps.com/

Silva - Utterly dominant. Griffin didn't even make it out of the first round, and the skill level that Sliva showed with his striking was other-wordly. No one can complain about Silva's p4p rankings anymore.

I wouldn't want to be Dan Henderson looking at a rematch with Silva right now.

Penn - Also utterly dominant, although it took him 4 rounds to put away Florian. Kenny looked to have a good game plan, but didn't seem able to actually execute it. Penn's conditioning and mental toughness were at a level concurrent with his skill, which was not always the case in the past. His striking and his ground game (did you see him go effortlessly from back to mount to back again before choking Kenny out?!) were simply outstanding.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Cord, Fletch1, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Fight Videos
Night club fight footage and street fights captured with the world's first bouncer spy cam

How to Matrix!
Learn ten times faster with new training method. Learn entire arts for as little as $10 per disk.

Self Defense
Stun guns, pepper spray, Mace and self defense products. Alarms for personal and home use.

TASER MC26C
Stop An Urban Gorilla: Get 2 FREE TASER M26C Replacement Air Cartridges With Each New TASER M26C!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga