FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
1 registered (Musubi Sensei), 23 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SenseiGregT, sagat, JFawkes, pluckysaga39, sgtdemeo
22911 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Dobbersky 5
AndyLA 5
Ed_Morris 4
futsaowingchun 3
ergees 3
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
New Topics
2014 World Championships Chelyabinsk: The Gallery
by ergees
Yesterday at 03:51 AM
Biu Tzu- Snake hand strike
by futsaowingchun
08/27/14 09:02 PM
Chum Kiu 2nd section applications
by futsaowingchun
08/20/14 09:54 PM
2013 World Championship Rio: The Gallery (HD)
by ergees
08/19/14 05:22 AM
Chi Sao demonstration
by futsaowingchun
08/14/14 10:57 PM
Decent Fight channel
by FrankyFruits
08/07/14 09:19 PM
2014 European Championships Cadets Athens: Videos
by ergees
08/07/14 10:00 AM
Life goes on....
by Dobbersky
08/07/14 05:59 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:14 AM
Recent Posts
2014 World Championships Chelyabinsk: The Gallery
by ergees
Yesterday at 03:51 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by Zombie Zero
08/29/14 10:50 PM
mindfullness meditation
by log1call
08/28/14 02:39 AM
Biu Tzu- Snake hand strike
by futsaowingchun
08/27/14 09:02 PM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Ed_Morris
08/26/14 09:58 PM
The Karate punch
by Ed_Morris
08/26/14 09:27 PM
Chum Kiu 2nd section applications
by futsaowingchun
08/20/14 09:54 PM
2013 World Championship Rio: The Gallery (HD)
by ergees
08/19/14 05:22 AM
attacked from behind
by AndyLA
08/16/14 04:59 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by VDJ
08/15/14 05:46 PM
Forum Stats
22911 Members
36 Forums
35573 Topics
432484 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#421291 - 08/05/09 01:32 PM UFC 101: predictions?
Supremor Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: UK
Looks like a decent card to me, with a great pair of headline bouts.

Main card:

BJ Penn Vs. Kenny Florian
Anderson Silva Vs. Forrest Griffin
Amir Sadollah Vs. Johny Hendricks
Kendall Grove Vs. Ricardo Almeida
Josh Neer Vs. Kurt Pellegrino

Prelims:

Shane Nelson Vs. Aaron Riley
Tamdan McCrory Vs. John Howard
Thales Leites Vs. Alessio Sakara
Matthew Riddle Vs. Dan Cramer
George Sotiropoulos Vs. George Roop
Jesse Lennox Vs. Danillo Villefort

Edited by Supremor (08/05/09 01:32 PM)

#421292 - 08/05/09 01:41 PM Re: UFC 101: predictions? [Re: Supremor]
Dereck Offline
Prolific

Loc: Great White North
No predictions as of yet but do hope that Kenny Florian tears BJ Penn a new a$$. Also hope the Forrest Griffin puts on a great fight with Anderson Silva. I think Silva fights to the caliber of his opponent so with Forrest always on the move, we should see more action from Silva then we did in his last fights.

#421293 - 08/05/09 01:52 PM Re: UFC 101: predictions? [Re: Supremor]
Supremor Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: UK
BJ Penn vs. Kenny Florian:

I know that BJ is absurdly talented and that, but I'm just not sure what to think about this fight. Florian is such a good strategist and has been very impressive of late, and Penn has been known to be a bit lazy and overconfident. But, he is undisputably, IMO, the best lightweight in the world on any given day and that will save him against 99% of challengers. The question is whether Florian can come up with a methodical strategy to peck away at Penn while standing and manage it for all five rounds. Penn's striking is always underrated and Florian will have to be on top performance to win a decision. It is a great match-up, and I have honestly no idea which way it will go. But, I have this feeling in my chest that it will be Florian, so I'm going with him on a whim.

Silva vs. Griffin

Poor old Anderson Silva, getting a huge LHW after his less than spectacular performance last time out. That is the real question for this match, because anyone can see that Silva is technically superior in just about every area. When you consider Silva's scary accuracy, and Griffin's sometimes lacking defence, I think it's difficult to bet against Silva. If Griffin is able to get a takedown and wear Silva down for three rounds, or stay safe in the clinch while doing a bit of damage, then he stands a fair chance. However, everyone has tried to put Silva down, with little success- you remember his brief spell on the ground against Franklin? And those who tangle with his clinch game go down in a hail of knees- see Franklin again for details. I just can't see how Griffin can win this, which is why I'm giving it to Silva for a KO victory.

The rest of the card doesn't interest me much, but I will say that Sadollah is being given an easy to get him back on track after his injury problems; Kendall Grove should beat Almeida, although frankly I don't much like his as a fighter.

Poor Thales Leites for getting shoved onto the prelims like that. Guess the UFC is firmly stating what it expects from its fighters crazy

#421295 - 08/05/09 02:11 PM Re: UFC 101: predictions? [Re: Supremor]
MattJ Offline
Free Rhinoplasty!
Prolific

Loc: York PA. USA
BJ Penn Vs. Kenny Florian -
Tough call. BJ is utterly dominant at 155, but Kenny has made amzing improvements in his game. I'm pulling for Kenny to take this, but the gut says BJ is still the master here. BJ needs to bring it, and from what I've read, he is taking Kenny seriously.

Anderson Silva Vs. Forrest Griffin -

Again, pulling for Forrest here, but I don't see any skill advantage for him against Silva. Silva should be wary of Forrest's striking power, but I don't see Silva as lax in that regard.

Thales Leites Vs. Alessio Sakara -

Unless Sakara has massively improved his ground game, he is likely to be tooled there.

#421302 - 08/05/09 04:41 PM Re: UFC 101: predictions? [Re: MattJ]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Loc: Cambridge UK.
If Griffin can bring all the granite in his chin, it will be intresting to see how Anderson deals with someone not only pushing the pace, but potentialy walking through or surviving some of his excellent mid range striking.

Its tempting to see this as 'Rocky' for MMA, but Griffin has some serious scalps, and cojones the size of bowling balls. He beat Jackson fair and square, anyone with eyes could see that he beat Tito (apart from the judges of course :/), and on his night, he can upset anyone, The Spider included.

I just cant get excited about anything involving BJ Penn, I just want him to lose as much as possible, and remove his babyfaced arrogant person from my TV screen asap

#421311 - 08/05/09 10:30 PM Re: UFC 101: predictions? [Re: Cord]
VDJ Offline
Veteran

I like Florian to win this one with the way he's been "Finishing" lately. But unlike others here, Penn doesn't get under my skin like he does some of you. I like to watch him fight. His flexability is remarkable.

Though I would like to see Griffin win, logic tells me Silva and I think if Silva wins it brings on his match up with GSP. That would be a great fight. GSP's takedown percentage is rediculously high and I think its a pretty even match. The question is what weight class do they go to? Does GSP go up or does the Spider come down? Either way I think the advantage goes to GSP as you don't deplete yourself going up in weight the way you do having to suck it off!

VDJ

#421313 - 08/06/09 04:37 AM Re: UFC 101: predictions? [Re: VDJ]
Cord Offline
Prolific

You wouldn't be impressed with BJ's flexibility if you had dated the professional dancer I did in 2000 wink

I agree that the only logical fight in the world out there right now is GSP vs Silva. Everyone want to see it, and whilst i suspect the occassion would get to both, leading to inevitable spectator disappointment, it is only a matter of time till it happens - truly MMA's first 'Superfight' , it will be the next stage in mainstream acceptance after Griffin v Bonnar 1.

#421368 - 08/07/09 01:09 PM Re: UFC 101: UK broadcast information [Re: Cord]
Cord Offline
Prolific

For those of us in the UK, UFC 100 was free to view due to the collapse of the PPV channel that had the broadcast rights for UFC.

No such luck this time round, as ESPN have picked up the UK contract for this, and all future UFC broadcasts.

#421370 - 08/07/09 02:33 PM Re: UFC 101: UK broadcast information [Re: Cord]
MattJ Offline
Free Rhinoplasty!
Prolific

Loc: York PA. USA
Silva vs GSP would be probably the greatest MMA fight extant. The UFC appears hesitant to put it together at this point, though.

#421372 - 08/07/09 03:30 PM Re: UFC 101: UK broadcast information [Re: MattJ]
Dereck Offline
Prolific

Loc: Great White North
GSP was on OTR (Off The Record with Michael Landsberg) just after UFC 100.

http://watch.tsn.ca/off-the-record/#clip195699

It was done by voice only and is a short talk. He discusses Anderson Silva. Take a look.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Cord, Fletch1, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Ryukyu Art
Artifacts from the Ryukyu Kingdom missing since WWII. Visit www.ShisaLion.Org to view pictures

Best Stun Guns
Self Defense Products-stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and more

Surveillance 4U
Complete surveillance systems for covert operations or secure installation security

Asylum Images
Book presents photo tour of the Trans-Allegany Lunatic Asylum. A must if you're going to take a ghost tour!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga