FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 43 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
old1, Leonar, ManLar, Vimido, raya
22925 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
futsaowingchun 4
Ronin1966 3
AndyLA 1
GojuRyuboy13 1
Matakiant 1
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
New Topics
The Classic Pak Sao drill
by futsaowingchun
Today at 10:32 AM
wing chun kicks and knees
by futsaowingchun
10/09/14 12:55 AM
2014 European Championships Juniors: the Gallery
by ergees
10/05/14 10:56 AM
Tan,Bong,Fuk & Wu Sao
by futsaowingchun
09/30/14 12:10 AM
Living a full life violence free...
by GojuRyuboy13
09/25/14 08:50 AM
Wing Chun-internal training
by futsaowingchun
09/23/14 09:01 PM
Martial News
by Matakiant
09/23/14 06:42 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
Leo's Judo Journal
by Leo_E_49
01/24/12 02:58 AM
Recent Posts
The Classic Pak Sao drill
by futsaowingchun
Today at 10:32 AM
Leo's Judo Journal
by swordy
10/11/14 09:21 AM
Living a full life violence free...
by cxt
10/10/14 10:08 AM
The Karate punch
by Ronin1966
10/09/14 03:16 PM
wing chun kicks and knees
by futsaowingchun
10/09/14 12:55 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Ronin1966
10/08/14 09:22 PM
2014 European Championships Juniors: the Gallery
by ergees
10/05/14 10:56 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by AndyLA
10/04/14 10:20 AM
Tan,Bong,Fuk & Wu Sao
by futsaowingchun
09/30/14 12:10 AM
Wing Chun-internal training
by futsaowingchun
09/23/14 09:01 PM
Forum Stats
22925 Members
36 Forums
35582 Topics
432509 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Topic Options
#420287 - 06/21/09 09:23 AM Sanchez vs Guida video TUF 9 finale
MattJ Offline
Free Rhinoplasty!
Prolific

Loc: York PA. USA
Incredible first round action! Like a video game or something, one of the craziest MMA fight openings I have ever seen. Maybe the worst 30-second beat-down in MMA history.

http://www.mmascraps.com/

#420288 - 06/21/09 11:25 AM Re: Sanchez vs Guida video TUF 9 finale [Re: MattJ]
Supremor Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: UK
man, that whole card was awesome I thought. Loved Guida's comeback, and honestly I thought he was unlucky not to get anything out of it- I had it as a draw. Guida is one tough guy, but unfortunately seems destined to play the gatekeeper role in the lightweight division. I would love to see him fight Gray Maynard next time, that would be a really good test of how far Maynard is from being a real contender in the UFC.

The Brits were also really impressive. Osipczak on the undercard beat Lester pretty decisively, and although that was probably a foregone conclusion, he is definitely going to get more fights in the UFC. They just need to be careful to bring him along slowly- he's young and needs a lot more experience and the chance to train at some better camps full time before he's ready to break into the mix.

I was surprised that Wilks beat Johnson, I thought Johnson looked very good on the show, obviously had a lot of experience and a tough all round game. But Wilks was very impressive. he lacks the power to get quick knockouts, but his ground game from the bottom looked very impressive, given that Johnson is no slouch on the mat either. Some of Wilks' transitions were simply amazing.

The Pointon-Winner fight was a real toss-up. Both of them lack the ability to make a credible title run in the LW division though. Pointon simply doesn't have a world class base in anything. His wrestling is pretty [censored] poor, while his stand-up can be pretty crisp when he moves around. Unless he gets some good instruction from some American camps(where wrestling is ubiquitous) he will have a tough time beating quality American opponents.

Overall, this card was absolutely stacked with great fights. The Fight Night events are getting to be better than the main UFC cards, with their focus on the lighter weight categories that are so deep and talented and regularly put on fantastic displays. Despite the quality of competition appearing at UFC 100, I'd be genuinely surprised if they are able to put on fights as viscerally and technically entertaining as the ones last night.

#420289 - 06/21/09 03:16 PM Re: Sanchez vs Guida video TUF 9 finale [Re: Supremor]
MattJ Offline
Free Rhinoplasty!
Prolific

Loc: York PA. USA
A lot of upsets for me! I thought for sure that Johnson would dominate Wilkes - nope. Other way around. Wilkes made Johnson look like an amateur.

I thought for sure that Diaz would dominate Stevenson - nope. Other way around again. Joe looked very sharp. I do think that Diaz made a tactical error by not relying more on his striking, but meh.

Speechless over the Guida/Sanchez fight. Amazing first round action - Sanchez's striking was absolutely incredible. Fast and accurate. Guida was utterly outclassed in that respect, although once it hit the ground Guida did well. Could have gone either way, really. Guida is certainly one of the very toughest fighters in the UFC. I was sure he had been KO'd by the high kick!

I agree that the British have arrived in the MMA scene with authority. I don't think anyone will be underestimating them anymore.

A very good card!

#420290 - 06/21/09 04:27 PM Re: Sanchez vs Guida video TUF 9 finale [Re: MattJ]
medulanet Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Phoenix, Arizona USA
Too bad Guida pretty much does nothing on the ground. He gets the takedown and moves a lot, but does nothing. He doesn't have the power to knock anyone out or the submission skills to submit anyone. He is an "exciting" fighter because he is a high energy guy with a lot of antics, but all he ever does is hold someone down. Unless he can get a submission by literally smothering someone he'll never be top of the food chain.

#420291 - 06/22/09 09:10 AM Re: Sanchez vs Guida video TUF 9 finale [Re: medulanet]
Dereck Offline
Prolific

Loc: Great White North
FANTASTIC CARD.

Sanchez-Guida ... an awesome fight; this is what it is all about. Guys putting their all into it. Wasn't a Sanchez fan but after that fight I have to give that guy props; he came to fight. Guida I've always enjoyed and he proved himself again.

Stevenson-Diaz ... Stevenson was all over him. Nice transitions and technique, nice takedowns. If Stevenson can continue to do this against good fighters then he may get another chance to make a run for the belt.

Lytle-Burns ... another great fight. Burns came to fight and put on a GREAT show. Lytle is Lytle and I expected no less; he is ALWAYS entertaining and why I enjoy watching him fight; even with his looping punches.

Johnson-Wilks ... not what I expected at all. Johnson I thought would dominate and it was the other way around. If Wilks can continue like this he will do well.

Pearson-Winner ... they put their all into it but I did find it a little boring constantly up against the fence in the clinch working for domination. Wrestling does need to be introduced into their arsenal. I wanted Pearson to win and he did; it was a close one.

Moderator:  Cord, Fletch1, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Stun Guns
Variety of stun gun devices for your protection

Buy Pepper Spray
Worry about your family when you’re not around? Visit us today to protect everything you value.

Koryu.com
Accurate information on the ancient martial traditions of the Japanese samurai

C2 Taser
Protect yourself and loved ones from CRIME with the latest C2 Taser citizen model. Very effective.

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga