FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Shanktotheright, royal, bobgalle100011, agenonline, TooNice
22862 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Dobbersky 3
THEFOREVERMAN 3
MattJ 2
royal 2
cxt 1
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
New Topics
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by Marcus Charles
03/24/14 04:39 PM
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by Dobbersky
03/20/14 05:45 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
AKK kata question
by
09/04/05 01:27 PM
Recent Posts
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by THEFOREVERMAN
04/16/14 08:22 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by THEFOREVERMAN
04/16/14 08:20 AM
AKK kata question
by MattJ
04/04/14 05:45 PM
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Forum Stats
22862 Members
36 Forums
35546 Topics
432378 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Topic Options
#418659 - 05/26/09 03:00 PM Re: I know it's a video game...but wow [Re: Cord]
Dereck Offline
Prolific

Loc: Great White North
Quote:

My tip, for what its worth, is to work on your sparring more than anything else in training- you get more fights, and the stats you build from the points earned, seem to have more direct influence over your performance that the old strength/speed/cardio.

I'm thinking the same thing Cord. While I was working on the others I think fist and foremost if I continue to spar to assign points, when I fill the necessary attributes then I can go back to the training if necessary.

On Advanced I am 16-6 and having a hard time breaking into the top 10 because those guys have all the skills and I only limited skills. I just started lvl 2 of kickboxing and lvl 2 of BJJ. Things I can do with the exhibition characters I cannot do yet with my fighter Decu Las Vegas. Soon hopefully so that I can stop getting beat.

I should have done what the majority of people are doing, play on Beginner. I would already been undefeated and a belt holder and probably retired already. But no, I had to kick it up a few notches. When playing the demo Beginner was too easy. Experienced was okay. Advanced was a challenge. Expert; forget it. But now where Advanced was a challenge, without having the skills it is really a challenge. Well, I never did anything the easy way before so why start.

#418660 - 05/26/09 04:28 PM Re: I know it's a video game...but wow [Re: Dereck]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Loc: Cambridge UK.
You wouldnt be undefeated on an easier setting Dereck- your opening stats re. takedown/submission defence, mean that if you come up against a CPU that likes to take it to the ground (and you will), you are pretty much screwed if all you have done is work your 3 conditioning attributes.
It takes tens of sparring sessions, and allocation of skill points to nothing but takedown and submission defence, until your ground game even begins to register, even on default difficulty.

Have to say as well, that so far, I have found it pointless to attempt any submissions. If I go to ground, I am strictly a hammerfist from in the guard guy. Works ok, but I still keep it standing wherever I can - my kickboxing is now level 3, and my grappling is still level 1 !!

#418661 - 05/27/09 12:48 AM Re: I know it's a video game...but wow [Re: Cord]
muaythaiguy Offline

Loc: Michigan, USA
I'm playing right now. I may be addicted. I hate having 84 submission offense, and still not landing a Kimura! Come on, Sherk!

#418662 - 05/27/09 09:39 AM Re: I know it's a video game...but wow [Re: muaythaiguy]
MattJ Offline
Free Rhinoplasty!
Prolific

Loc: York PA. USA
Cord -

Quote:

It takes tens of sparring sessions, and allocation of skill points to nothing but takedown and submission defence, until your ground game even begins to register, even on default difficulty.

Frighteningly close to my real-world experience, LOL.

#418663 - 05/27/09 10:20 AM Re: I know it's a video game...but wow [Re: Dereck]
JasonM Offline
Professional Poster

That is interesting you metion a lag. What game system u got? my bud just told me he noticed one and has the PS3. Where I have the PS3 and did not notice a lag online. hhmmm

he was directly connected and I was going through my wireless..

#418664 - 05/27/09 11:13 AM Re: I know it's a video game...but wow [Re: JasonM]
muaythaiguy Offline

My plan was slightly different. I trained speed A LOT, and rely on moving faster than my opponent in less time to either counter or sprawl. My defenses are not fantastic, my character is just fast enough to counter-attack effectively.

#418665 - 05/27/09 01:52 PM Re: I know it's a video game...but wow [Re: muaythaiguy]
Dereck Offline
Prolific

Loc: Great White North
I am on XBL (X-Box Live).

I am now 22-8 and just won the title from Anderson Silva in the 4th round by knock out by the way of full mount hammer fists; first time I met him; and that is on Advanced. My title defense is against Bisping; I owe him for an earlier loss but I'm not the same fighter.

When I started it said I was a Mixed Martial Artist. As I am a 3rd level BJJ, it now says I am a BJJ. My kickboxing is only just completed level 1 and working on level 2.

I think I've got most of the submissions figured out. I have already submitted several fighters however never submission of the night or fight of the night. Lots of KO of the night but that's it. Nobody I have met so far can beat me on the ground in Advanced. I was countering everybody and was in full mount a lot. Loved tapping out many guys that had good Jujitsu.

The thing I just found is for many moves or counters; while you are doing one then do the next before the first is done and then it makes it more fluent. In the past I'd wait for one to be done then start the next; this could lead to problems or reversals. Now this doesn't always work but for many it does.

Really enjoying this. Will continue this career before starting another one on another weight class.

#418666 - 05/28/09 10:10 PM Re: I know it's a video game...but wow [Re: Dereck]
muaythaiguy Offline

I definitely need some tips on how to land a submission. I've got 92 sub offense, but I can't seem to get it, no matter what I do. It's getting pretty frustrating. I've been knocking out lightweights for 15 fights straight, and my next title defense is against Kenny Florian. Any tips on winning by submission?

Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderator:  Cord, Fletch1, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Stun Guns
Variety of stun gun devices for your protection

Buy Pepper Spray
Worry about your family when you’re not around? Visit us today to protect everything you value.

Koryu.com
Accurate information on the ancient martial traditions of the Japanese samurai

C2 Taser
Protect yourself and loved ones from CRIME with the latest C2 Taser citizen model. Very effective.

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga