FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 65 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Shanktotheright, royal, bobgalle100011, agenonline, TooNice
22862 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Dobbersky 3
THEFOREVERMAN 3
MattJ 2
royal 2
cxt 1
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
New Topics
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by Marcus Charles
03/24/14 04:39 PM
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by Dobbersky
03/20/14 05:45 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
AKK kata question
by
09/04/05 01:27 PM
Recent Posts
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by THEFOREVERMAN
04/16/14 08:22 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by THEFOREVERMAN
04/16/14 08:20 AM
AKK kata question
by MattJ
04/04/14 05:45 PM
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Forum Stats
22862 Members
36 Forums
35546 Topics
432378 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Topic Options
#418464 - 04/19/09 02:22 AM Video: Response / Push Hands Exercise
xinbagtai Offline

This video shows Master Wei-Chung Lin, a disciple of the YiZungYue School and the Chief Instructor of the Chinese Taoist Martial Arts Association in Skokie, Illinois, practicing the response (or fixed-step free-form push) hands exercise with students.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egflLAo_LGg

#418465 - 04/22/09 05:00 PM Re: Video: Response / Push Hands Exercise [Re: xinbagtai]
Prizewriter Offline
Professional Poster

Impressive! Apart from the 2nd training partner who seemed to pre-empt the movement! Otherwise v good.

#418466 - 04/23/09 02:13 PM Re: Video: Response / Push Hands Exercise [Re: xinbagtai]
JMWcorwin Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: SoCal, USA
Nice. I feel like I've seen the front of that school before. Is it in the LA area?

#418467 - 04/23/09 02:20 PM Re: Video: Response / Push Hands Exercise [Re: JMWcorwin]
xinbagtai Offline

Quote:

Nice. I feel like I've seen the front of that school before. Is it in the LA area?

The school is located in Skokie, a north suburb of Chicago.

#418468 - 04/23/09 05:03 PM Re: Video: Response / Push Hands Exercise [Re: xinbagtai]
JMWcorwin Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: SoCal, USA
ok. So much for that.

#418469 - 04/29/09 04:26 AM Re: Video: Response / Push Hands Exercise [Re: JMWcorwin]
karl314285 Offline

Loc: The Matrix, Serif is Teacher
Hi,
thanks for cool push vids xinbagtai, I am not trying to get hopes up on potential job further south here in FL, BUT you got me excited. I'd be able to start going back (prob only weekends, still a hike to Miami) and working w/ Master Wei Lun Huang again. I'm mistaken so much this is prob a miapprehension, but by your nom de plume, Seems the Kickin Lineage Chinese born Masters all bundled (or as they are complementary in a yin/yang, wu wei..hahah..) Hising-I, Ba Gua, Tai Chi w/ Chi Kung.
I Initially was only interested in Ba Gua as I have been using open hand tech for years sparring as well as...well, I will be cursed by others soon...palm and wrist striking makiwara and 4-5 2-3 level bag combos.
After only several (I'm slow, blunt skull trauma called "Face Block" and I AM good at it, uhhuuhh) seminars w/ Master Huang I wanted more Chi Kung....until (2.5) fateful moments. Master Huang would more teach what he called "the 6 powers of Tai Chi" (ward off, splitting...sound familiar? or similar?) and as I was the only intrepid soul from our Shotokan dojo or the MMA mat takers,uh, renters and he had already taught me to follow directions and not mess w/ his other students during push hands (popped me so fast never saw him move, something "saw" as I had sprung back 5-6 ft, thankfully...or , nevermind)
well guess I showed gobs of humility and contrition...next I'm Human Test Dummy...THATS when I figured out why I like Palm strikes, because if I can (and I'm good at this) get behind for just a moment the experience of His Push (flew, smack, backroll, on mat no effort and i'm 15-20 ft away)
The palm allows a user to choose, push and prob no hurt, or as in Ba Gua a "shocking" strike and prob hurt.
It's a blast gettin behind one of our higher ranks from out of town who doesn't know me...if there is a safe lane open when I have my moment I just push...heres the fun part...as they are stumbling cross the floor trying to get balanced and not fall...quietly run w/ them, as close as possible they get balanced and turn to see your smiling face in theirs, freaks em out. After that some do get wise, but stick to their back, hands on shoulders no spin elbow or backfist, just another push.

I also practice the push (yeah two palms) starting at bilat kidney level in case I ever need to strike, but as you are pushing them very few people have ever commented as to "were you just then able to hurt both kidneys", I leave em oblivious.

Or was that too much of the Ghost of My Late Vietnamese hardstyle and 1st longest instructor channeling out my desire to be nice and flip it to crush?(and no joke bout the ghost thing, I was a live in and Did CPR , felt like His breath was going in deeper than my lungs...prob just nothing, wasnt my first field CPR...but its weird)

Moderator:  Cord, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Stun Guns
Variety of stun gun devices for your protection

Buy Pepper Spray
Worry about your family when you’re not around? Visit us today to protect everything you value.

Koryu.com
Accurate information on the ancient martial traditions of the Japanese samurai

C2 Taser
Protect yourself and loved ones from CRIME with the latest C2 Taser citizen model. Very effective.

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga