FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 167 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Shanktotheright, royal, bobgalle100011, agenonline, TooNice
22862 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
THEFOREVERMAN 3
MattJ 2
royal 2
Dobbersky 2
UKfightfreak 1
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
New Topics
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by Marcus Charles
03/24/14 04:39 PM
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by Dobbersky
03/20/14 05:45 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
AKK kata question
by
09/04/05 01:27 PM
Recent Posts
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by THEFOREVERMAN
04/16/14 08:22 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by THEFOREVERMAN
04/16/14 08:20 AM
AKK kata question
by MattJ
04/04/14 05:45 PM
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Forum Stats
22862 Members
36 Forums
35546 Topics
432378 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#418418 - 04/21/09 10:21 AM Re: Media hype some watch too much TV thanks MMA. [Re: BrianS]
Neko456 Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Midwest City, Ok, USA
Qoute - Your comment is near the same as BiranS so your idea may not be based on cultural differences hut sure love care for another family member.

------------------------------------------------------------
Actually, my friends call me Nairb.

456 - Sorry for mis spelling your name I had a assitance Instructor name Brian Holcomb had to redo his certification twice my bad.

I agree with almost everything you stated and I now see calling the cops as the next move if it wa sup to me with family being the ones that restrin him and hand him over to the cops. Because Mom fear that they may kill him because his contact with the Cops have been violent.

But what would you really do if you Mom called and stated your cousin,brother andybody was looking for a knife to kill himself and she fear fro her safety? Knowing that she doesn't want the cops invovled I felt like I was at least giving him a chance and like ole yellow sometimes its better if you do it, bc then you know there was no other way. I'm glad it didn't come to that.

Again I see your point but calling the cops to the scene with a weapon involved there is less options you have 2 choices drop it or die, I don't blame them they are innocent trying to do their job. Calling them in without telling the truth is sending them in unprepared as in the shooting in the doemstic on the east coast Ak47'd over a simple residental dispute between Mother and Son. I couldn't live with that either.

Thanks for the good advise and ideas I agree the authorities are the best hope now to convince Mom of that.

But if Mom calls in desperation I have to go! Wouldn't you? I mean there are no beter keeper then your own.

#418419 - 04/22/09 05:29 AM Re: Media hype some watch too much TV thanks MMA. [Re: Neko456]
BrianS Offline
Higher rank than you
Professional Poster

Loc: Northwest Arkansas
Quote:

Qoute - Your comment is near the same as BiranS so your idea may not be based on cultural differences hut sure love care for another family member.

------------------------------------------------------------
Actually, my friends call me Nairb.

456 - Sorry for mis spelling your name I had a assitance Instructor name Brian Holcomb had to redo his certification twice my bad.

Neko, Once again I'm just poking fun at you. It's all in fun and no disrespect or offense is intended.

Quote:

I agree with almost everything you stated and I now see calling the cops as the next move if it wa sup to me with family being the ones that restrin him and hand him over to the cops. Because Mom fear that they may kill him because his contact with the Cops have been violent.

But what would you really do if you Mom called and stated your cousin,brother andybody was looking for a knife to kill himself and she fear fro her safety? Knowing that she doesn't want the cops invovled I felt like I was at least giving him a chance and like ole yellow sometimes its better if you do it, bc then you know there was no other way. I'm glad it didn't come to that.

As someone who has lost their mother to violence I would say call the cops no matter what. I would disregard what 'SHE" wants. Mainly, she wants to protect her children no matter how old they are. She is not thinking rationally and needs to place herself outside the situation in order to make a good decision.

Quote:

Again I see your point but calling the cops to the scene with a weapon involved there is less options you have 2 choices drop it or die, I don't blame them they are innocent trying to do their job. Calling them in without telling the truth is sending them in unprepared as in the shooting in the doemstic on the east coast Ak47'd over a simple residental dispute between Mother and Son. I couldn't live with that either.

That guy was a lunatic with a history of lunacy. Call the cops, let them know as much as you know, give them every opportunity to do what they are trained to do. I suppose I'm more trusting of cops than most because many of my close friends are cops.

Quote:

Thanks for the good advise and ideas I agree the authorities are the best hope now to convince Mom of that.

But if Mom calls in desperation I have to go! Wouldn't you? I mean there are no beter keeper then your own.

Absolutely!! I'd be calling the cops on the way!!!

#418420 - 04/22/09 11:01 PM Re: Media hype some watch too much TV thanks MMA. [Re: BrianS]
hushsound Offline

umm i dunno what u guys were talkin abou up there. but lets get back on topic?

too many people compare real fights to MMA. MMA is great i think i'ts amazing to watch and great to learn from. but people dont train like they do they just see the end product not hte training that goes into it. so they think that oh this is what a "real" fight looks like and it's really not.. if you see a real fight on the street it's NEVER like that caz they arn't trained fighters... well not like MMA fighters at least..

if u guys look at other discussions people constantly reference, adn it's not bad. but i think it's not "realistic" i hate to use it but it's true. what are the chances you meet and get into a fight with an MMA fighter i think it's less then you getting into a plane crash. both are fatal lol. but i suppose there is a lvl of intensity of plain hysteria wehre it becomes.. disturbing. but thats another tangent.

the comparisons made to MMA are strictly limited to MMA. because it is a "sport" and there are rules to MMA. it is the closest thing we have tamed to real fighting but it is simply not possible to create a fight that will mirror a real fight with trained individuals without putting their lives on the line.

#418421 - 04/23/09 08:51 AM Re: Media hype some watch too much TV thanks MMA. [Re: hushsound]
Neko456 Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Midwest City, Ok, USA
Hushshound - The MMA reference was just a short take on his change in tactics usually it a finger point or a shove then lunging punches is how its done. But the real topic in this self defense section is "How to handle a drunk and drug addict that just happens to be a family member, & that your Mom protects sorta. That also maybe a threat to her". Right now I could give a damn about MMA.

BrianS - Thanks for your input and I'm sorry to hear what happened in yoru family and see our situation is close. Mom says she can't sleep at night because he is up all the time and some times outside shouting and cursing about his wife leaving him and calling her name asking where is she. With nobody around it makes him look real crazy, his wife was 13 years younger in her 20s. Mom says that he would get so drunk that he would urinate/crap himself and tey would have to clean him up. How many 20 yr.old wives are going to stay for that? Seemly only something a mother can endure. The boy is sick but he doesn't seem to know its that bad. i thik we are gonna have to send him away maybe to a mental ward. Thanks again for sharing and your input guys.

BS you have been through alot including what happened to your Mom. Didn't you just recover from Cancer (that struggle can cause depression and drinking). You are indeed a strong Man. And that beat down to get your Sandan and before that a torn ligment in Judo obviously you are fully recovered from Cancer what a MIRCLE!! You are. Tell me it was accomplished by Sanchin training please!! Just joking.

Damn you love the Art!!

Edited by Neko456 (04/23/09 09:03 AM)

#418422 - 04/23/09 09:02 AM Re: Media hype some watch too much TV thanks MMA. [Re: Neko456]
BrianS Offline
Higher rank than you
Professional Poster

Loc: Northwest Arkansas
Quote:

BrianS - Thanks for your input and I'm sorry to hear what happened in yoru family and see our situation is close. Mom says she can't sleep at night because he is up all the time and some times outside shouting and cursing about his wife leaving him and calling her name asking where is she. With nobody around it makes him look real crazy, his wife was 13 years younger in her 20s. Mom says that he would get so drunk that he would urinate/crap himself and tey would have to clean him up. How many 20 yr.old wives are going to stay for that? Seemly only something a mother can endure. The boy is sick but he doesn't seem to know its that bad. i thik we are gonna have to send him away maybe to a mental ward.

Wow! That's worse than I thought! That guy needs help fast! He's a clear danger to anyone he is in contact with. I hope you take this very seriously.

Quote:

Thanks again for sharing and your input guys. BS you have been through alot didn't you just recover from Cancer and that beat down to get your Sandan obvious fully recovered from Cancer what a MIRCLE!! You are. Tell me it was Sanchin training please!!

I've been cancer free for almost 3yrs now, but it does seem like yesterday sometimes. The recovery did take a long time to get back where I was. Chemo has all kinds of side-effecs that seem to stick with you long after the presence of cancer cells.

Sanchin training? Well, all I can say is things have happened to me so I can be in a place where I need to be. I'm positive the goju was a big part of it.

If you had to do the situation all over again, what would you do different?

#418423 - 04/23/09 04:52 PM Re: Media hype some watch too much TV thanks MMA. [Re: BrianS]
hushsound Offline

ahh ok haha. confused.

#418424 - 04/23/09 04:57 PM Re: Media hype some watch too much TV thanks MMA. [Re: hushsound]
hushsound Offline

mm thats rough.. iono what you would do there...

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Cord, Dedicated1, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Stun Guns
Variety of stun gun devices for your protection

Buy Pepper Spray
Worry about your family when you’re not around? Visit us today to protect everything you value.

Koryu.com
Accurate information on the ancient martial traditions of the Japanese samurai

C2 Taser
Protect yourself and loved ones from CRIME with the latest C2 Taser citizen model. Very effective.

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga