FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Shanktotheright, royal, bobgalle100011, agenonline, TooNice
22862 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
THEFOREVERMAN 3
MattJ 2
royal 2
Dobbersky 2
UKfightfreak 1
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
New Topics
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by Marcus Charles
03/24/14 04:39 PM
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by Dobbersky
03/20/14 05:45 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
AKK kata question
by
09/04/05 01:27 PM
Recent Posts
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by THEFOREVERMAN
04/16/14 08:22 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by THEFOREVERMAN
04/16/14 08:20 AM
AKK kata question
by MattJ
04/04/14 05:45 PM
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Forum Stats
22862 Members
36 Forums
35546 Topics
432378 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Topic Options
#418313 - 04/14/09 02:37 AM Deshimaru-Roshi/Ki &MA
karl314285 Offline

Loc: The Matrix, Serif is Teacher
Hi,

Last topic kinda looks stalled, so....
If the lead in is dull skip it (it's ok)
if one has not heard of or read about Zen Buddhism....I'd like to introduce a Dead Soto Zen Master ('cause he can't hit me where He's at...Uhhh, I hope, please ) Then pose a question, OK?

*Taisen Deshimaru-Roshi kicked it in 1982; but, by far accomplished the cool feat of using language to clarify abstract Oriental thought for us barbarians:) and cooler still (Even Colder than my ex-g'friend waiting for me to move OUT now even tho we live on the night side of mercury and iz got no coat...this next is that COOL)

**Deshimaru-Roshi was born of an old Samurai Family and so trained..Then after years of just sitting (I know, more to it; yet, no more to it.) Received the Transmission of Mind to Mind as "The Great Master" Kodo Sawaki went for the Dirt Nap mid 1960's.

***SO...Born a Samurai; and, so trained... Taisen (WE are on a first name basis)the Rebel Turns Zen Master Training with the Great Zen Master Kodo Sawaki casting the Voodoo of words to help us round-eyes better understand what is freely admitted to be BEYOND WORDs

Q: Deshimaru-Roshi says "...aspiring to absolute strength, absolute wisdom. But by what means is it possible to become both strong and wise?

NO SPOILERS plz, if you own "The Zen Way To The Martial Arts" by Taisen Deshimaru, He presents an answer, lets see if this goes anywhere...if some read this and reply, maybe next try Taisen's comments on PRESSURE POINTS, or Ki or whatever..

Everyone has their own belief and/or value system and generally belief/values can be so vital for an individual that other ways of thinking/perceiving/or simply by what name worships God (Any Higher whatever, it's used to be all inclusive). As MA, Ki/Chi, meditation, etc. need not challenge anything

I collect books and re-read the Eastern Thought section (MA books w/ pages of diagrams are there if they are exceptional, e.g.- Ready to drool...1973-74 vol 1 & 2, 1st ed. printed in Japan "Sword*Stick*Body Arts" by the then 8th dan Aikido Master Morihiro Saito

-Karl. Peace.

#418314 - 04/15/09 11:13 PM Re: Deshimaru-Roshi/Ki &MA [Re: karl314285]
oldman Offline
Professional Poster

Quote:

Q: Deshimaru-Roshi says "...aspiring to absolute strength, absolute wisdom. But by what means is it possible to become both strong and wise?

I will answer your question after my hair goes out.

#418315 - 04/16/09 03:51 AM Re: Deshimaru-Roshi/Ki &MA [Re: oldman]
karl314285 Offline

Loc: The Matrix, Serif is Teacher
Hi,

I am not strong enough to wait so long, nor wise enough to train for such strength...so sad.

If we both last so long my hair will be gone and you can laugh at the big Tattoo on top of my head...but I bet that alone will intimidate extra pudding from the other residents at the ALF, I'll share with you if you visit (w/ a beer for me, tho

-Karl. In Pieces.

#418316 - 04/16/09 09:12 PM Re: Deshimaru-Roshi/Ki &MA [Re: karl314285]
JoelM Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Georgia, USA
Too much SoCo in me to think on the question right now, but that was a good book. Read it a while ago.

Moderator:  Cord, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Self Defense
Offering stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and other self defense products not available in stores.

Pepper Spray
Online distributor of self defense supplies like videos, stun guns, Tasers and more.

Spy Cameras
Surveillance, Hidden Cameras, Nanny Cams, Digital Recorders, Spy Equipment, Pocket DVR's and more

Stun Gun
Wholesale Directlhy to the Public! Stun gun and Taser Guns and personal protection products. Keep your loved ones at home safe!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga