FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 46 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Shanktotheright, royal, bobgalle100011, agenonline, TooNice
22862 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
THEFOREVERMAN 3
MattJ 2
royal 2
Dobbersky 2
cxt 1
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
New Topics
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by Marcus Charles
03/24/14 04:39 PM
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by Dobbersky
03/20/14 05:45 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
AKK kata question
by
09/04/05 01:27 PM
Recent Posts
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by THEFOREVERMAN
04/16/14 08:22 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by THEFOREVERMAN
04/16/14 08:20 AM
AKK kata question
by MattJ
04/04/14 05:45 PM
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Forum Stats
22862 Members
36 Forums
35546 Topics
432378 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#417005 - 03/17/09 11:58 PM Re: eye damaging [Re: Rez]
JKogas Offline
Prolific

Loc: North Carolina
Rez,

So you guys do eye jab sparring or ? Do you kick each other in the balls too? What about biting? Do you do that also? Just curious. I'm trying to figure out how you guys train. How many members do you have...left?

I'm semi kidding with you. Seriously, if I've ever trained the eye jab in an alive manner, it wasn't into the eyes. But oddly enough, when boxing, you'll get hit in the eye frequently if you're not careful.

For me, defense has always been a top priority. Thus my stand-up game centers around that. I've found that if I'm getting hit too much, it meant my defense sucked. So if your face is a fist magnet, you may want to tweak yours, just a little. Don't know. Just a thought.

#417006 - 03/18/09 11:20 AM Re: eye damaging [Re: Rez]
Neko456 Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Midwest City, Ok, USA
Quote:

I know what you guys mean. When I spar with someone they all go for the eye. I feel like my face is a fist magnet. Once they get me there it take several moments for me to recover or I'll have to get water. IT HURTS LIKE HELL!

Rez because of that one experience 20 years ago it is my goto technique when trully threaten. I am no super man but I am no whimp either and at that time with several red stripes on my Black belt I was helpess blind and delurious it is un-natural to feel blindness and that kind of pain. It took several second for me to adjust to the pain or test my vision (therefor think about countering) and minutes for things to get back to normal. I train others and myself to as Jkogas stated after the eye attack kick the groin, sweep or get to the back and contiune attacking until the threat is gone. I agree with Jkogas that the eye flick/gouge is nothing to bank on but just like a good punch to the temple or chin it can be the beginning to a end or the end. The pain is not like taking a punch to the face something that one can can get use to or shake off during. From what I remember it is immessurable a shock to even a tough guy's system. In at least one of my eye tapping not really gouging the result was it deterred a determined attack that lead to a screaming spirial toward the ground rolling with both hands over his eye (even though I only tapped one eye) attacker. No follow up was needed. This is a trully potent counter offensive move I've seen and felt it from both sides.

I've been punched in the eye with bare fist (ugly black eye) and in gloves good mouse but nothing does the trick like those narow fingers or finger!! I was taught the extended knuckle strike (I believe really potent) to the eye but fingers work for me and are more versitle you don't need much movment just a sweeping or quick tap. It is as I've stated my goto technique (trained as much as punching) when Katie bars the door.

Edited by Neko456 (03/18/09 11:22 AM)

#417007 - 03/19/09 12:15 AM Re: eye damaging [Re: Neko456]
karl314285 Offline

Loc: The Matrix, Serif is Teacher
Hi,

been following this for a while and like to add an experiential thang and then a variation based on Xperiential thangs too...

But I have to wholeheartedly agree that if one were to have the Police arrive with the Aqueous and gooeyer Vitreous Humor of the eyes of the opponent dribbling down ones fingers, barring overwhelming evidence of imminent threat to ones life, well SD is moving to A&B w/ intent

1.) I practiced lead hand finger jabs to the double end speed bag for a while (weeks, prob month or two) and then went to 'play' w/ one of the few students, who over years I had introduced to no pad sparring(has safety rules and I chose only the most competent). all that time and my one open shot ended with two of my fingers up his nostrils, it's dam hard, BUT his reaction did leave him off balance and that could have been taken advantage of.
***So I feel while a lead finger jab may not land, if shot out fast and accurately will cause a reaction that opens a good door for follow up.

2.) Since one of the rules I made for the above type sparring was open hands to face and vital targets. Damaging the eyes can be done indirectly with much greater % hit ratio. A downward or vertical finger swipe to the nose can be as blinding as a jab, open palm with fingers slapping the temporal to orbit region is to good effect, I just made sure I spent time on the makiwara getting my fingers ready.
***Indirect eye damage with finger swipes has been mentioned, just thought I'd give a thumbs up to the idea.

-Karl

#417008 - 03/29/09 09:51 PM Re: eye damaging [Re: karl314285]
Ilove2Hit Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
pre-emptive. a sure good strike. also infight good to use, especially on the streets. if i would have the chance and it is an easy and good solution, then yes: iŽd go for the eye. but then i wouldnt stop. it is not a strike to end a fight, something must follow. either finishing strikes, or run away.

depending on the situation make a choice, its urs anyway.

#417009 - 04/03/09 11:33 PM Re: eye damaging [Re: Ames]
Ronin1966 Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: East Coast, United States
Hello Moderator Ames:

Ok, let me be sure i understand you... if you want to perminantly stop someone, not ~maybe~ injure them a bit, but actually STOP them or in reverse they are trying to stop YOU

Are you saying that you would not take a very different approach to someone who was throwing spearhands at your eyes than if they were throwing punches to your torso?

If someone is trying to maim me, cripple me to the eyes I see a different intention, I can then remove any "safeties" that might still have existed...

An deliberate eye attack is a very different intention, IMHV-fwiw....

Jeff

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Cord, Dedicated1, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Ryukyu Art
Artifacts from the Ryukyu Kingdom missing since WWII. Visit www.ShisaLion.Org to view pictures

Best Stun Guns
Self Defense Products-stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and more

Surveillance 4U
Complete surveillance systems for covert operations or secure installation security

Asylum Images
Book presents photo tour of the Trans-Allegany Lunatic Asylum. A must if you're going to take a ghost tour!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga