FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 37 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
ksusanc, kellypnik123, leyinn, Ron_Cooley, businns
22902 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Dobbersky 11
trevek 6
cxt 6
JKogas 5
TaekwonDoFan 2
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
New Topics
centerline concepts
by futsaowingchun
07/14/14 10:49 PM
language of syllabus
by trevek
07/11/14 03:36 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:14 AM
10 San Sik drills-Wing Chun's foundation
by futsaowingchun
06/30/14 11:20 AM
"Ip Man" and "Ip Man 2" the movies.
by TaekwonDoFan
06/30/14 11:02 AM
Iaido movements speed
by TooNice
04/14/14 01:47 PM
Anderson Silva - Leg Break
by Dobbersky
12/30/13 08:32 AM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
Gi or no Gi Grappling?
by Prizewriter
04/16/12 02:48 PM
Recent Posts
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by cxt
Yesterday at 01:18 PM
centerline concepts
by Dobbersky
07/18/14 06:14 AM
language of syllabus
by trevek
07/14/14 04:50 PM
Gi or no Gi Grappling?
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:38 AM
MMA - A passing Fad
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:35 AM
Anderson Silva - Leg Break
by Dobbersky
07/09/14 06:13 AM
Throwing
by JKogas
07/03/14 07:40 PM
10 San Sik drills-Wing Chun's foundation
by futsaowingchun
06/30/14 11:20 AM
"Ip Man" and "Ip Man 2" the movies.
by TaekwonDoFan
06/30/14 11:02 AM
Forget all that health stuff
by TaekwonDoFan
06/29/14 03:18 AM
Forum Stats
22902 Members
36 Forums
35563 Topics
432448 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Topic Options
#416455 - 02/25/09 05:14 PM XFC MMA?
specter Offline

Loc: Tampa, Fl.
I was checking out this place around my area called XFC Mixed Martial Arts to see if I was interested in joining, and when I went in, the guy at the desk told me to sign a registration form to see if he could set up a one on one class to see if I was interested in joining. I signed the form and filled out the information (mostly just contact information) and the guy seemed cool and told me they'd call me to set up an appointment or something like that. Now, where I'm getting at with this is that I've never had to sign a registration form to set up a class to see if I'm interested in joining, so I'm not sure how to interperet that. It seems XFC MMA is an organized collective of training centers or something like that. I'm just curious if anyone knows anything about XFC Mixed Martial Arts and/or has anything to tell me that they think I should know? I'm just curious, cause if it's an organization, (like a franchise or something) then I'm assuming that it might make a difference in what I should expect the place will be like to train at. I just wanna make sure this place is a legit place to train at and not something to be suspicious of. I haven't actually agreed to start training there or pay for any classes yet, although I DID fill out a registration form with contact information to see if we could set up an appointment, but only to see if I want to join or not. Was that a mistake? I'm hoping I didn't do something stupid by giving them some contact info. The guy I was talking to seemed cool and I DID see them train (the gym was just one big room with no walls, so I could see them train while I was talkin to the guy) and they didn't seem to be inadequate. I have never trained in mixed martial arts (or ANY kind of sport-style martial art) before so I don't know what to expect from the place. (The only martial arts experience I have is in Taekwondo for a few years and Aikido for like, a month, neither of those being like a MMA gym) I'm just wondering if anyone has any advice, information, or input they can give me on this?

Thanks in advance,

-Nate

#416456 - 02/25/09 05:28 PM Re: XFC MMA? [Re: specter]
MattJ Offline
Free Rhinoplasty!
Prolific

Loc: York PA. USA
As long as you haven't given them any financial info, you should be OK. I am unfamiliar with XFC, sorry.

#416457 - 02/25/09 05:33 PM Re: XFC MMA? [Re: specter]
Dereck Offline
Prolific

Loc: Great White North
I have heard of the XFC; they have a branch in Calgary, Alberta. Have seen some of their fighters come to Edmonton, Alberta to fight in the MFC and vise versa. Though I don't hear much from them then again I don't live in the Calgary area.

They seem like a larger organization if you look at their website:

http://www.mmaxfc.com/.

I have no idea if they are even related or just a coincidence. Perhaps they are affiliated with the XFC because I can't see them being allowed to use a copy written name. I have never heard of the interview process but perhaps they do this to weed out people they don't want because they can afford to do that as so many people want to train so they can pick and choose; which isn't a horrible idea if they are related to the XFC and they are geared towards training fighters.

Here is also a XFC Mixed Martial Arts Training website http://www.xfctraining.com/, does any of this look like the place? They show two locations on the left side; are you one of them? It does show Tampa.

#416458 - 02/25/09 06:49 PM Re: XFC MMA? [Re: Dereck]
specter Offline

Yeah, I live in Tampa, Florida. You say you've seen their fighters? And they seemed well trained, I'm assuming? Yeah, okay. I think I'll give it a shot.

#416459 - 02/25/09 06:51 PM Re: XFC MMA? [Re: MattJ]
specter Offline

Quote:

As long as you haven't given them any financial info, you should be OK. I am unfamiliar with XFC, sorry.

I haven't. If they were to ask for financial information, I would have been too suspicious to fill out the form and would have flat out refused.

Moderator:  Cord, Fletch1, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Stun Guns
Variety of stun gun devices for your protection

Buy Pepper Spray
Worry about your family when you’re not around? Visit us today to protect everything you value.

Koryu.com
Accurate information on the ancient martial traditions of the Japanese samurai

C2 Taser
Protect yourself and loved ones from CRIME with the latest C2 Taser citizen model. Very effective.

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga