FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 29 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SenseiGregT, sagat, JFawkes, pluckysaga39, sgtdemeo
22911 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
AndyLA 5
Dobbersky 5
Ed_Morris 4
futsaowingchun 3
ergees 3
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
New Topics
2014 World Championships Chelyabinsk: The Gallery
by ergees
Yesterday at 03:51 AM
Biu Tzu- Snake hand strike
by futsaowingchun
08/27/14 09:02 PM
Chum Kiu 2nd section applications
by futsaowingchun
08/20/14 09:54 PM
2013 World Championship Rio: The Gallery (HD)
by ergees
08/19/14 05:22 AM
Chi Sao demonstration
by futsaowingchun
08/14/14 10:57 PM
Decent Fight channel
by FrankyFruits
08/07/14 09:19 PM
2014 European Championships Cadets Athens: Videos
by ergees
08/07/14 10:00 AM
Life goes on....
by Dobbersky
08/07/14 05:59 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:14 AM
Recent Posts
2014 World Championships Chelyabinsk: The Gallery
by ergees
Yesterday at 03:51 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by Zombie Zero
08/29/14 10:50 PM
mindfullness meditation
by log1call
08/28/14 02:39 AM
Biu Tzu- Snake hand strike
by futsaowingchun
08/27/14 09:02 PM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Ed_Morris
08/26/14 09:58 PM
The Karate punch
by Ed_Morris
08/26/14 09:27 PM
Chum Kiu 2nd section applications
by futsaowingchun
08/20/14 09:54 PM
2013 World Championship Rio: The Gallery (HD)
by ergees
08/19/14 05:22 AM
attacked from behind
by AndyLA
08/16/14 04:59 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by VDJ
08/15/14 05:46 PM
Forum Stats
22911 Members
36 Forums
35573 Topics
432484 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#414443 - 02/01/09 08:00 AM Re: UFC 94 SPOILERS!!SPOILERS!!SPOILERS!! [Re: MattJ]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Loc: Cambridge UK.
SPOILER ALERT!!

Georges St-Pierre Vs. BJ Penn.

GSP was incredible. BJ defended his takedown attempts brilliantly in Round 1, but only the most biased could have given him a share of the round. GSP already looked stronger, and his stand up was razor sharp. After that, BJ's legendarily suspect conditioning didnt fail to fail him, and, finding himself beaten to the jab every time, and being caught with leg kicks and a sweet superman punch, you could see the dispondency descend on his face like a fog. GSP started to get takedowns in the 2nd, and dominated with some fantastic postional G n P. By the 3rd round GSP was taking BJ down at will, and finding half guard with little trouble. By the end of the 3rd Penn's face was badly marked from a ferocious beating in the last 30 seconds.
Round 4 was difficult to watch- and thats from someone who wanted BJ to get a beating. GSP treated his defence with distain, and, gassed and outclassed, all BJ could do was stay conscious and wriggle a bit to show he was still alive.
As GSP finshed the round he sprang up and punched the cage- never seen him that amped before. BJ looked disoriented, unresponsive, and exhausted, and his corner decided enough was enough and threw the towl.

Wise decision- during the victory announcement BJ collapsed into the arms of his team, and was not available for interview. I think the guy is an overrated d1ck, but I hope he is OK.

GSP is on another level.

Lyoto Machida Vs. Thiago Silva

This was the Machida show, and i would watch a whole series
Awesome strikes, some of the best footwork I have ever seen, and tremendous sweeps from the clinch. Also one of the most decisive G n P KO's ever that will feature in highlight reels for decades to come.

Stephan Bonnar Vs. Jon Jones

Bonnar is tough, no doubt, but he simply didnt know what to do with Jones, and to be fair, on this evidence, I dont know a lot of people who would. Jumping back kicks, suplexes, 'aikido' style 'use the dudes energy against him' throws from the clinch, judo, muay thai. This guy is crazy!! and it all worked- he even tried a leg-scissor takedown at the end of round 2. The only real 'OMG' moment of the card was from Jones as he caught Bonnars foot from a kick, and then spun to close range and elbowed his head sending him face down on the canvas. Anyone else would have been KTFO's at that point, but its a testament to Bonnar's resilience that he saw out the whole fight to lose a clear points decision.

If GSP had not done what he did, this would have been fight of the night.

Karo Parisyan Vs. Dong Hyun Kim

As soon as I knew they were both Judoka, I knew what sort of fight this would be, and I was right. Technical, but from a spectator standpoint, dull. Parisyan deserved the win though- just.

Nate Diaz Vs. Clay Guida

WTF!!!! Where is Garth Never seen Guida before, but he is awesome- like some genetic coctail of Ricky Hatton and Anthony Kiedis. Gotta love his energy, and his tenacity.
Diaz is a prat. Someone needs to tell him that a 13 inch gun show inbetween rounds convinces nobody that he is winning, especially when he is getting his a$$ handed to him every second of the fight bar one punch combo in the 3rd.
Guida is such a wildcard- at one point he had Diaz pinned with a full-nelson!! You could almost hear Diaz thinking 'well this doesnt happen often! ' and then he gave Guida Side control from it.
An eccentric and dominant performance from Guida, who endeared himself to me and everyone in attendance. A popular winner.

We didnt get any of the other undercard fights in the UK sadly.

This was a really good UFC- and GSP is the fuggin' man

#414444 - 02/01/09 08:11 AM Re: UFC 94 Penn vs GSP [Re: Tom2199]
Tom2199 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: England
Quote:

im thinking GSP by decision or TKO from ground and pound.

i got 79/24000 on the fantasy fight card not bad.

#414445 - 02/01/09 09:03 AM Re: UFC 94 Penn vs GSP *SPOILERS* [Re: Tom2199]
MattJ Offline
Free Rhinoplasty!
Prolific

Loc: York PA. USA
Vids while they last -

http://mixedmartialartvideos.com/

#414446 - 02/01/09 09:14 AM Re: UFC 94 Penn vs GSP [Re: Tom2199]
JKogas Offline
Prolific

Loc: North Carolina
Well, I was right AND wrong about the GSP-Penn fight . I thought BJ might be able to give GSP more of a run than he did. He was outclassed. GSP is definitely on another level. GSP is the Fedor of the welterweight class.

BJ really needs to stay at his natural weight. Maybe this time he will stick around 155 for a while.

#414447 - 02/01/09 10:38 AM Re: UFC 94 SPOILERS!!SPOILERS!!SPOILERS!! [Re: Cord]
MattJ Offline
Free Rhinoplasty!
Prolific

About what I expected. Similar to the first fight, only moreso. GSP is simply amazing - his work ethic and ability to improve is outstanding. BJ did indeed look sharp in the first round, but it was all GSP after that. Fourth round was just an unnecessary beatdown. I do think that if BJ's conditioning ever caught up with his skill, he would be unbeatable.

Lyoto Machida Vs. Thiago Silva

I am starting to come around a bit with Machida. While mantaining his trademark elusiveness, he offered just enough offense to keep from being boring. His accuracy and timing are simply incredible. When he bothers to strike, he hits. A Cord mentioned, the last second KO will be a highlight reel mainstay.

Stephan Bonnar Vs. Jon Jones

I do rate this as fight of the night. Jones will be champion of the light-heavyweight division at some point. Amazing strikes (side kicks! spinning elbows!), combined with outstanding takedowns and wrestling. His momentum-switching takedowns and suplexes in the third round were unbelievable. Credit to Bonnar for his boxing and conditioning. His uppercuts were on the mark every time. And I dare say that if this had been a 5 rounder, Bonnar might have pulled it off - Jones was looking VERY tired by the end.

Karo Parisyan Vs. Dong Hyun Kim

I thought this was a very good fight - Kim looked SUPER-SHARP in the first round. Totally outclassed Karo. Props to Karo for pulling off the win. I am looking for Kim to be a strong force in WW division.

Nate Diaz Vs. Clay Guida

Sadly, didn't see this one. Surprised to read that Nate got dominated in this one - that is what HE has been doing to everyone else. I do like Guida, though. That guy is a machine - insane pace, and he just keeps it up.

#414448 - 02/01/09 10:52 AM Re: UFC 94 SPOILERS!!SPOILERS!!SPOILERS!! [Re: MattJ]
Supremor Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: UK
Quote:

About what I expected. Similar to the first fight, only moreso. GSP is simply amazing - his work ethic and ability to improve is outstanding. BJ did indeed look sharp in the first round, but it was all GSP after that. Fourth round was just an unnecessary beatdown. I do think that if BJ's conditioning ever caught up with his skill, he would be unbeatable.

I think that people forget just how amazingly talented GSP is sometimes when comparing him to Penn. Yes Penn has incredible jujitsu, but GSP has preternatural skill in wrestling and is probably the most athletic MMAist around. His striking is so underrated, when in fact he can stand with almost everybody in the WW division (Not Alves though!!)

Quote:

Sadly, didn't see this one. Surprised to read that Nate got dominated in this one - that is what HE has been doing to everyone else. I do like Guida, though. That guy is a machine - insane pace, and he just keeps it up.

I've been a fan of Guida's for a while. He was unlucky in his brawl with Roger Huerta which was as far as I'm concerned, the fight of the year. His beat-down of Matt Danzig was also incredible to watch. I had Guida to win against Diaz for the simple reason that I saw the first round of Gamburyan-Diaz in the TUF finals. Diaz showed that he finds it difficult to deal with the relentlessness of a smaller but stronger fighter. Mix that with Guida's incredible cardio and you've got Diaz's poison.

Quote:

I am starting to come around a bit with Machida. While mantaining his trademark elusiveness, he offered just enough offense to keep from being boring. His accuracy and timing are simply incredible.

I like Machida for his unorthodox way of fighting- heck, you need some variety in the sport! However, I see him as a pretty one-dimensional fighter who likes to counterattack, almost like Chuck Lidell did, only using a different set of skills. The thing that's so dangerous about him is that even if you're a wrestler who can take Machido down, his Jujitsu is good enough to give anyone fits(a la Sodjoukou). I don't know who will get the next title shot, but I hope it is Mahida, because it's definitely his turn.

#414449 - 02/01/09 12:15 PM Re: UFC 94 SPOILERS!!SPOILERS!!SPOILERS!! [Re: Supremor]
MattJ Offline
Free Rhinoplasty!
Prolific

CONTR4V3RSY!!!!!

http://www.cagepotato.com/bj-penns-camp-...-between-rounds

"B.J. Penn's camp has filed a formal complaint with the Nevada State Athletic Commission over Vaseline that was allegedly rubbed on Georges St. Pierre's back between rounds one and two. UFC president Dana White said at the post-fight press conference that he was aware of the complaint, and said he personally witnessed members of the commission take the Vaseline away from GSP's camp and rebuke them in the Octagon between rounds.

"I saw the commission jump up there and flipping out," said Dana White. They said one of the guys was rubbing Vaseline on Georges' back in between rounds. It was one and two, I think."

"The guys from the athletic commission went up there and started screaming at them. Knocked the Vaseline and kicked the Vaseline out of the Octagon."

White added that "some Vaseline on a guy's back didn't change the outcome of that fight, but you don't do it," and said the blame should fall on the cornerman responsible and not GSP.

"If a guy was intentionally putting Vaseline on a guy's back, he should never corner a mixed martial arts fight again."

As for what becomes of the complaint now, White said it's out of his hands.

"Who knows. That's up to the commission."

I agree with Dana - vaseline did not win the fight for GSP. Kind of sounds like sour grapes from BJ's camp.

#414450 - 02/01/09 12:23 PM Re: UFC 94 SPOILERS!!SPOILERS!!SPOILERS!! [Re: Supremor]
JKogas Offline
Prolific

Loc: North Carolina
GSP didn't have to convince me. To be 5'10 and probably have to cut quite a bit of weight to make welter weight, he's just so freakin huge for that division. BJ looks completely out of his element fighting at that weight against someone of Pierre's caliber.

Guida was his usual, relentless self. I thought Diaz did a decent job, but he was constantly pressed. Guida controlled the pace and action throughout.

What can you say about Machida! He is quickly becoming one of my favorite fighters. I think his influence in this sport will be tremendous, as people discover that you don't have to stand square in front of someone while fighting.

#414451 - 02/01/09 01:34 PM Re: UFC 94 SPOILERS!!SPOILERS!!SPOILERS!! [Re: JKogas]
Dereck Offline
Prolific

Loc: Great White North
GSP vs Penn - I expected exactly this; GSP all over Penn and him not knowing what to do. Penn called GSP a beyotch for tapping in the Serra fight and giving up but who is the beyotch now. By not being able to carry on and having his corner throw in the towel; that is even worse then tapping out. Penn got what he deserved. As for the controversy; I'd expect nothing less then Penn, the big cry baby somebody did me wrong. Now we will never hear the end of this.

Machida vs. Silva - Not what I expected at all and Machida has earned some respect from me.

Bonnar vs. Jones - I don't remember Jones fighting before but WOW. That turning elbow having Bonnar's face bounce off the Matt; was sweet. Hope to see more from him.

Guida vs. Diaz - I honestly thought Guida would do better then he did which in turn made me respect Diaz's game even more. Guida won in my books for aggression but some of the stuff that Diaz was doing was very impressive and he controlled a lot of the fight.

Parisyan vs. Kim - I'm not sure I would have gave that tot Parisyan. Kim was impressive in this fight and I think should have won this.

That is all we got to see. WOW, a ton of Split Decision ... probably one of the longest fight cards with most going to the end.

#414452 - 02/01/09 02:11 PM Re: UFC 94 SPOILERS!!SPOILERS!!SPOILERS!! [Re: Dereck]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Loc: Cambridge UK.
Quote:

Penn called GSP a beyotch for tapping in the Serra fight and giving up but who is the beyotch now.

He specificaly commented that only 'b1tches' tap due to strikes.

I guarantee you that this quote was rattling around his head in the 3rd, and was the only reason he stuck it out for more punishment- he really had no business being there for the 4th.

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Cord, Fletch1, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Self Defense
Offering stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and other self defense products not available in stores.

Pepper Spray
Online distributor of self defense supplies like videos, stun guns, Tasers and more.

Spy Cameras
Surveillance, Hidden Cameras, Nanny Cams, Digital Recorders, Spy Equipment, Pocket DVR's and more

Stun Gun
Wholesale Directlhy to the Public! Stun gun and Taser Guns and personal protection products. Keep your loved ones at home safe!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga