FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 42 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
ksusanc, kellypnik123, leyinn, Ron_Cooley, businns
22902 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Dobbersky 12
cxt 7
trevek 6
JKogas 5
futsaowingchun 2
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
New Topics
centerline concepts
by futsaowingchun
07/14/14 10:49 PM
language of syllabus
by trevek
07/11/14 03:36 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:14 AM
10 San Sik drills-Wing Chun's foundation
by futsaowingchun
06/30/14 11:20 AM
"Ip Man" and "Ip Man 2" the movies.
by TaekwonDoFan
06/30/14 11:02 AM
Iaido movements speed
by TooNice
04/14/14 01:47 PM
Anderson Silva - Leg Break
by Dobbersky
12/30/13 08:32 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
Gi or no Gi Grappling?
by Prizewriter
04/16/12 02:48 PM
MMA - A passing Fad
by Dobbersky
04/12/12 11:16 AM
Recent Posts
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by cxt
Yesterday at 11:35 AM
centerline concepts
by Dobbersky
07/18/14 06:14 AM
language of syllabus
by trevek
07/14/14 04:50 PM
Gi or no Gi Grappling?
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:38 AM
MMA - A passing Fad
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:35 AM
Anderson Silva - Leg Break
by Dobbersky
07/09/14 06:13 AM
Throwing
by JKogas
07/03/14 07:40 PM
10 San Sik drills-Wing Chun's foundation
by futsaowingchun
06/30/14 11:20 AM
"Ip Man" and "Ip Man 2" the movies.
by TaekwonDoFan
06/30/14 11:02 AM
Forget all that health stuff
by TaekwonDoFan
06/29/14 03:18 AM
Forum Stats
22902 Members
36 Forums
35563 Topics
432450 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#413093 - 01/30/09 09:39 AM Re: Lung recovery due to smoking [Re: McSensei]
MattJ Offline
Free Rhinoplasty!
Prolific

Registered: 11/25/04
Posts: 15634
Loc: York PA. USA
Quote:

It's a 13 page thread I'm sure there will be loads of links to studys.

http://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?t=254







I'm assuming this must be a joke.......what point were you trying to make?
_________________________
"In case you ever wondered what it's like to be knocked out, it's like waking up from a nightmare only to discover it wasn't a dream." -Forrest Griffin

Top
#413094 - 01/30/09 10:32 AM Re: Lung recovery due to smoking [Re: TheCrab]
clmibb Offline
Veteran

Registered: 08/31/06
Posts: 1035
Loc: South Texas, US
Crabbie, Let me indulge you in the past of Casey. Back when I was your age, I bought a bit of weed from a "friend" of mine. I always bought from people I knew well. That evening I lit up and got in another friend's car (we were heading to her house on the lake). We made a stop to pick up another friend and my stomach started to turn. I get out as fast as I can (keep in mind I'm HIGH as a kite at this point and finding the door handle was a challenge) and threw up everything I had in my stomach and then some. I passed out and to this day I still don't know how I got out of her car or into the house. Later when I was talking to another friend, she told me it sounded like it was laced with heroine. That was the last night I got high and stopped every other drug I was doing.

If you don't care about the legal reprocutions, at least think of what possibly could have been done and all the people who have handled it. Any one of them could have done any number of things or a combination of things.

Casey
_________________________
"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first."- Ronald Reagan


Top
#413095 - 01/30/09 11:12 AM Re: Lung recovery due to smoking [Re: clmibb]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Registered: 01/13/05
Posts: 11399
Loc: Cambridge UK.
Quote:

Crabbie, Let me indulge you in the past of Casey. Back when I was your age, I bought a bit of weed from a "friend" of mine. I always bought from people I knew well. That evening I lit up and got in another friend's car (we were heading to her house on the lake). We made a stop to pick up another friend and my stomach started to turn. I get out as fast as I can (keep in mind I'm HIGH as a kite at this point and finding the door handle was a challenge) and threw up everything I had in my stomach and then some. I passed out and to this day I still don't know how I got out of her car or into the house. Later when I was talking to another friend, she told me it sounded like it was laced with heroine. That was the last night I got high and stopped every other drug I was doing.

If you don't care about the legal reprocutions, at least think of what possibly could have been done and all the people who have handled it. Any one of them could have done any number of things or a combination of things.

Casey




Casey, it sounds more like what we call in the UK, a 'white-out', which is simply the body panicking about the level of toxins it has in the blood (in this case cannabis), and relfexively doing anything it can to reduce that level. Its the same thing that makes people vomit when extremely drunk.

As someone who found a source of opiated weed as a youth, and exploited it on purpose, I can tell you its a very different feeling to that you described, not to mention more expensive- dealers wont lace weed with anything that could increase its value, unless they then charge for it.

Your point is well taken however, and I remember a terrible experience with cannabis resin that had been 'cut' using diesel instead of alcohol. Thick black toxic smoke, and when you sniffed the block, it smelt of a garage forcourt. I think we managed 1 spliff between 5 of us, and not only did we all throw our guts up, but we had to open windows and leave the room as the air was so compromised
_________________________
Don't let the door hit ya' where the good lord split ya'
http://cord.mybrute.com

Top
#413096 - 01/30/09 12:16 PM Re: Lung recovery due to smoking [Re: Cord]
clmibb Offline
Veteran

Registered: 08/31/06
Posts: 1035
Loc: South Texas, US
That's possible too. I did smoke the whole blunt on my own and at the time I was maybe 110 pounds at 5'6". Too much, too fast.

Casey
_________________________
"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first."- Ronald Reagan


Top
#413097 - 01/31/09 12:58 PM Re: Lung recovery due to smoking [Re: MattJ]
McSensei Offline
Veteran

Registered: 06/15/05
Posts: 1068
Loc: Kent, England
Quote:

Quote:

It's a 13 page thread I'm sure there will be loads of links to studys.

http://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?t=254







I'm assuming this must be a joke.......what point were you trying to make?




No Matt, no joke.
Although to be honest I didn't read the whole thing, but if you want info on adulterants and stuff in cannabis then I would have thought that a stoners forum might be the place.

I'll have a look around later to see if I can find anything else on the subject, but I'm off to work to deal with the drunks of the world.
_________________________
http://www.semtexgym.co.uk/

Top
#413098 - 01/31/09 02:10 PM Re: Lung recovery due to smoking [Re: McSensei]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Registered: 01/13/05
Posts: 11399
Loc: Cambridge UK.
Quote:

Although to be honest I didn't read the whole thing, but if you want info on adulterants and stuff in cannabis then I would have thought that a stoners forum might be the place.




In that forum, they are talking about the increase in pollutants used to pad out the weight of cannabis- including powdered glass and asbestos

The advice is that there is no way of telling by site or touch, and the best thing to do is insist on a sample joint before you buy- if it tastes wrong dont purchase.

t'rific, just a little bit of asbestosis wont hurt ya' will it

Never ask a stoner for advice on anything, unless its where to get pizza
_________________________
Don't let the door hit ya' where the good lord split ya'
http://cord.mybrute.com

Top
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5


Moderator:  Cord, MattJ, Reiki 




Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Stun Guns
Variety of stun gun devices for your protection

Buy Pepper Spray
Worry about your family when you’re not around? Visit us today to protect everything you value.

Koryu.com
Accurate information on the ancient martial traditions of the Japanese samurai

C2 Taser
Protect yourself and loved ones from CRIME with the latest C2 Taser citizen model. Very effective.

 

 



Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga