FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 38 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
old1, Leonar, ManLar, Vimido, raya
22925 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
futsaowingchun 4
Ronin1966 3
GojuRyuboy13 2
Matakiant 1
cxt 1
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
New Topics
The Classic Pak Sao drill
by futsaowingchun
10/20/14 10:32 AM
wing chun kicks and knees
by futsaowingchun
10/09/14 12:55 AM
2014 European Championships Juniors: the Gallery
by ergees
10/05/14 10:56 AM
Tan,Bong,Fuk & Wu Sao
by futsaowingchun
09/30/14 12:10 AM
Living a full life violence free...
by GojuRyuboy13
09/25/14 08:50 AM
Wing Chun-internal training
by futsaowingchun
09/23/14 09:01 PM
Martial News
by Matakiant
09/23/14 06:42 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
Leo's Judo Journal
by Leo_E_49
01/24/12 02:58 AM
Recent Posts
Living a full life violence free...
by GojuRyuboy13
Yesterday at 07:20 AM
The Classic Pak Sao drill
by futsaowingchun
10/20/14 10:32 AM
Leo's Judo Journal
by swordy
10/11/14 09:21 AM
The Karate punch
by Ronin1966
10/09/14 03:16 PM
wing chun kicks and knees
by futsaowingchun
10/09/14 12:55 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Ronin1966
10/08/14 09:22 PM
2014 European Championships Juniors: the Gallery
by ergees
10/05/14 10:56 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by AndyLA
10/04/14 10:20 AM
Tan,Bong,Fuk & Wu Sao
by futsaowingchun
09/30/14 12:10 AM
Wing Chun-internal training
by futsaowingchun
09/23/14 09:01 PM
Forum Stats
22925 Members
36 Forums
35582 Topics
432510 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 5 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#412676 - 12/10/08 05:28 PM Re: Fired from kfc! [Re: Spade]
clmibb Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Texas, US
How come I'm the only one NOT surprised by Cord's story? Maybe it's because my husband would have done the same thing.

Crab, as a woman I will say that girls are watching how you treat others. It says a lot about your personality. If you get mouthy at some guy you'll never see again, it can be a real turn off. How you treat others speaks to us on how you will behave in a relationship. I could be wrong on this but every boyfriend I've had, if they were an ass to others, they were an ass to me. I won't put up with being treated that way and I've let every ex-boyfriend know exactly why I was breaking up with him. Just try to be genuinely nice, you'll be amazed at how differently people will treat you.

Casey

#412677 - 12/10/08 05:38 PM Re: Fired from kfc! [Re: clmibb]
MattJ Offline
Free Rhinoplasty!
Prolific

Loc: York PA. USA
*opens the door for Casey, politely declines her offer of a dollar tip*

#412678 - 12/11/08 04:55 AM Re: Fired from kfc! [Re: clmibb]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Loc: Cambridge UK.
Quote:

How come I'm the only one NOT surprised by Cord's story? Maybe it's because my husband would have done the same thing.

To put things in perspective, I was doing that from the age of 18 to 20. I had just been thrown out of university for being an a$$, and was in the last chance saloon with my parents in regards to my behaviour and irresponsible attitude.
As strange as it may seem, the prank with the money was the first baby step in my journey to growing up and not wearing a big F-You on my forehead 24/7. I cant say I regret doing it either.
Working in the service sector is the best way to learn how to deal with people, and also learn to treat people how you would want to be treated. Whenever I go into a shop, restaurant, cinema etc. I make sure that I show the people working there the respect they deserve for doing a largely thankless job that ensures I have a good night out.

After all, I dont want to recieve any smelly notes in my change, do I ?

#412679 - 12/11/08 08:07 AM Re: Fired from kfc! [Re: Spade]
JasonM Offline
Professional Poster

"pop c*ck game"

holy cr@p, people still do that?

#412680 - 12/11/08 08:57 AM Re: Fired from kfc! [Re: TheCrab]
JoelM Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Georgia, USA
Quote:

not deliberatly having a go at you, but you kind of chose to put up with it didnt you? if it was so bad what was stopping you from finding another job

As I said before, I had a mortgage and plenty of bills to take care of with my wife. I didn't have mommy and daddy waiting in the wings to pay my $900/month mortgage for me.

When I did find a better job I did leave that place, with style. I gave my two and a half week notice, and worked the full time while training my replacement with all of the my knowledge. When my new employer called my old one for reference, both the manager and owner had great things to say about me.

And by the way, that two and a half week notice included working black friday (day after Thanksgiving, busiest shopping day of the year).

Quote:

and telling them where to go?

Because I'm not an a$$hole like you. Because I respect people and don't feel the need to sink down to everyone else's levels. I got screwed a lot at that job, and yes, at times I hated my job and my bosses, but it was my choice to be there.

Quote:

you choose your own job

You're right, I did. I was out of college for four months looking for employment -living with my sister who was gracious enough to let me stay with her with no money coming in- and took the first job opportunity offered to me. And I lived with that choice until I had a viable alternative. Then I left that job with class.

#412681 - 12/11/08 09:45 AM Re: Fired from kfc! [Re: JoelM]
TheCrab Offline
Scum

Loc: QLD Australia
Quote:

As I said before, I had a mortgage and plenty of bills to take care of with my wife. I didn't have mommy and daddy waiting in the wings to pay my $900/month mortgage for me.

having a crack at the parents thing? as I said before I dont and havnt needed anything off my parents in some time, im 17, I doubt you lived on your own when you were my age. I can support myself, and since im 17 and cant earn big money I dont go and get a f*cking mortgage and a bunch of other crap which I need to pay off.
Dont give me your "I had it tougher" crap. As I said you can choose how you live and work.

Quote:

When I did find a better job I did leave that place, with style. I gave my two and a half week notice, and worked the full time while training my replacement with all of the my knowledge.

good for you

Quote:

Because I'm not an a$$hole like you. Because I respect people and don't feel the need to sink down to everyone else's levels. I got screwed a lot at that job, and yes, at times I hated my job and my bosses, but it was my choice to be there.

Respect only goes as far as what people give me.
im an assho1e? fair enough.

Quote:

at times I hated my job and my bosses, but it was my choice to be there.

isnt that a bit contradictory to all the other stuff you just said?

bottom line, you might think im an assho1e, but thats your viewpoint. If someone on the street came up to you and started abusing you would you sit there and take it, because you dont want to sink down to their level?
if you say yes to that, then I think your a straight up pus$y. just because im working doesnt mean im suddenly mister nice guy. I return what im given.
thats my opinion anyway

#412682 - 12/11/08 11:17 AM Re: Fired from kfc! [Re: TheCrab]
Dereck Offline
Prolific

Loc: Great White North
Crab, the things is in a job you can't give back what people deserve; that is called life. Starting at a younger age you need to build life skills. Those life skills need to be build on as you get older so that you can deal with the world out there. You are young and full of pi$$ and vinegar right now and do not have the necessary life skills to handle things and why you've had so many fast food jobs.

Joel isn't saying he had it rough, not by any means. He is telling you straight up that he has lived some of his life and is trying to pass on some of those experiences to you; as many of us are. Yes you are 17 and yes you do not have all of those big bills to pay but one day you will and when you do this attitude of yours won't fly. Today is the first day of the rest of your life and if you think you can make it through life like this now you are sadly mistaken.

As an adult you need hard skin to deal with the pricks of the world; and there will be a lot trust me. You want to reach out and slap that smirk right off their faces but you can't but have to show a smile. You can curse under your breath and hope to one day meet them in a dark alley but at that moment how you handle those people will make a huge impact on what happens on later in your life.

Feel lucky that you do have parents to fall back on should you need it; not everybody has that luxury. Joel was lucky to have a sister to help him out and many others have had nobody.

Quote:

bottom line, you might think im an assho1e, but thats your viewpoint. If someone on the street came up to you and started abusing you would you sit there and take it, because you dont want to sink down to their level?

You are talking two different things here. On the street I am my own person and how I handle that situation will be a lot different then I will handle a situation while I work for a company.

At work you have to be mister nice guy or you won't have a job for long and trust me when you get older and make your resume up and you have a lot of jobs on it; that is looked on poorly by employers because it says you cannot hold a job and that is not the employees they are looking for.

Crab, you have a lot to learn in life still and that will come with maturity; something you do not have as of yet. I hope the best for you though.

#412683 - 12/11/08 03:03 PM Re: Fired from kfc! [Re: Dereck]
JasonM Offline
Professional Poster

Well said Dereck.

Crab, it is common for you to think we are coming down on you. I think most of us felt that way at 17 and that noone could tell us anything.

To the contrary of what you think we are trying to help and make you the wiswer for when you grow up.

Honestly, I wish i was 17 and still able to live at home and would never brag or want to be supporting myself at the age. Once your youth is gone that is it. Cherish it now and have those good memories to fall back on.

I was fortunate to have a good family, but they didn't have money for college so I was left joining the Army. Talk about growing up fast.

It is easy to say now that you won't get a morgage, bills etc. Be weary of what you say....

When i was younger I never thought I would have a 2600/month mortgage and working two jobs. But even adults don't make the wisest decisions. But even with all my back choices and what have you I treat ppl with respect even if they don't deserve it.

#412684 - 12/11/08 03:36 PM Re: Fired from kfc! [Re: TheCrab]
student_of_life Offline
Veteran

Loc: Newfoundland, Canada
"someone on the street came up to you and started abusing you would you sit there and take it, because you dont want to sink down to their level?"

i think it's worth pointing out that the guy who you got fired over at KFC never gave you any abuse. you seemed quick to fire it out, from reading your little story.

#412685 - 12/11/08 04:14 PM Re: Fired from kfc! [Re: student_of_life]
Stormdragon Offline
Who Dares Wins
Professional Poster

Loc: Salem, OR
Man, it sucks but sometimes you just gotta take it till you get some pwoer of yoru own. We had this deuch squad leader awhile back, who is outperformed by everyone, dodges work, eats before his squad (or anyoen else for that matter, not sure how he manages to sneak over to the chow hall first), quits or tries to not have to do much of ANY training, and then treats us like we're useless, condescends us, because he was in JROTC and thinks he's all cool and hardcore.
We can't say a damn word! Haha but that time he ate before us we later got someone with a little more rank and time in service to pull him into some s!it jobs. lol We really wanted to give him a blanked party though.

I don't have any civilian stories as I'm not working anywhere till I get back from basic/ait.
Member of DaJoGen MMA school under Dave Hagen and Team Chaos fight team under Denver Mangiyatan and Chris Toquero, ran out of Zanshin Martial Arts in Salem Oregon: http://www.zanshinarts.org/Home.aspx,

Page 5 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  Ames, Cord, MattJ, RazorFoot, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Fight Videos
Night club fight footage and street fights captured with the world's first bouncer spy cam

How to Matrix!
Learn ten times faster with new training method. Learn entire arts for as little as $10 per disk.

Self Defense
Stun guns, pepper spray, Mace and self defense products. Alarms for personal and home use.

TASER MC26C
Stop An Urban Gorilla: Get 2 FREE TASER M26C Replacement Air Cartridges With Each New TASER M26C!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga