FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 22 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
LeroyCFischer, JadeKing, Beefcake, WesJones, simonajones111
22933 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
futsaowingchun 2
charlie 2
William_Bent 1
simonajones111 1
GojuRyuboy13 1
November
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
New Topics
unrecognized kata
by William_Bent
11/19/14 07:05 PM
I gained a lot of month in the last few months
by simonajones111
11/19/14 04:54 AM
Siu Lin Tao-3rd section applications
by futsaowingchun
11/13/14 06:48 PM
Screen fighting course UK December 2014
by charlie
11/11/14 04:09 PM
Siu Lin Tao-1st section Pak Sao explanations
by futsaowingchun
11/09/14 10:30 PM
I spy kata bunkai..
by GojuRyuboy13
10/29/14 08:28 AM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
MA style video library
by
03/22/06 03:18 PM
Recent Posts
unrecognized kata
by William_Bent
11/19/14 07:05 PM
I gained a lot of month in the last few months
by simonajones111
11/19/14 04:54 AM
Siu Lin Tao-3rd section applications
by futsaowingchun
11/13/14 06:48 PM
Screen fighting course UK December 2014
by charlie
11/11/14 04:09 PM
MA style video library
by charlie
11/11/14 04:05 PM
Siu Lin Tao-1st section Pak Sao explanations
by futsaowingchun
11/09/14 10:30 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/29/14 10:01 PM
I spy kata bunkai..
by GojuRyuboy13
10/29/14 08:28 AM
Forum Stats
22933 Members
36 Forums
35589 Topics
432521 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 4 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#412666 - 12/10/08 08:42 AM Re: Fired from kfc! [Re: TheCrab]
JoelM Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Georgia, USA
Quote:

now onto the job, which you have a different/biased perspective on as you were a manager. free Overtime, [censored] wages, lame bosses etc, and the fact I have another one means I wasnt losing anything by losing it.

Free overtime- check - ever heard of being paid salary instead of hourly? Pretty much every manager out there.

[censored] wages- check - I was making in the 15th percentile (meaning 85 out of 100 people in the same job made more money than me). also: no benefits at all and only 1 week vacation a year after working there for two already

lame bosses- big fat check - Owner who was a liar, cheat, thief, and sexually harassed every female employee and slept with at least one. Manager who was a liar, cheat, thief, and sexually harassed every female employee as well. Did I mention that they were both a$$holes to boot.

And the fact that I had to deal with snot-nosed employees who didn't give a sh!t about me or their jobs either.

I would say it's a different perspective, I had it a lot worse.

I didn't have another job and I have respect for myself so I couldn't tell them to go f*ck themselves.

#412667 - 12/10/08 09:09 AM Re: Fired from kfc! [Re: JoelM]
TheCrab Offline
Scum

Loc: QLD Australia
Quote:

I would say it's a different perspective, I had it a lot worse.

I didn't have another job and I have respect for myself so I couldn't tell them to go f*ck themselves.

not deliberatly having a go at you, but you kind of chose to put up with it didnt you? if it was so bad what was stopping you from finding another job and telling them where to go?

You choose your own job

#412668 - 12/10/08 09:30 AM Re: Fired from kfc! [Re: TheCrab]
JasonM Offline
Professional Poster

It sometimes is not that easy to just choose another job.

Ya know we are in a recession right? jobs aren't getting scarce.

again, not to beat a dead horse but ya just shouldn't be an Ahole to people. Kill them with kindness...

#412669 - 12/10/08 09:40 AM Re: Fired from kfc! [Re: JasonM]
TheCrab Offline
Scum

Loc: QLD Australia
Quote:

It sometimes is not that easy to just choose another job.

Ya know we are in a recession right? jobs aren't getting scarce.

yeah now we are but I was talking in relation to when you were working.
The reccession so far hasnt affected me at all, cant say the same for my parents and mates though. 60 000 overnight they lost.

Quote:

again, not to beat a dead horse but ya just shouldn't be an Ahole to people. Kill them with kindness...

Id rather just tell them to go [censored] themselves.
bad aspect of my personality i guess

dont get me wrong, im not an [censored] to everyone, I just support treating people like they treat you

#412670 - 12/10/08 11:52 AM Re: Fired from kfc! [Re: TheCrab]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Loc: Cambridge UK.
Quote:

dont get me wrong, im not an [censored] to everyone, I just support treating people like they treat you

You know, the big problem is, you lack finesse. If you kept your cool, you could have played the long game with that guy, kept your job, and made sure he got his.

I had a guy I had to deal with who was a real d*ck when I worked in a petrol station. Every wednesday he would come in and want to swap all his loose change for notes- he was a friend of the owner who said this was fine, but this guy was full of attitude- sarcastic, belittleing, never a please or thankyou. Drove me nuts

Now I could have popped him in the mouth, or fronted up and called him a c*nt or similar, but then I would have lost my job, which i needed as it fitted around my college hours.

Instead, as well as serving him with a smile, I also used to nip in the back room, every wednesday shift, with a 20 note, and wipe my a$$hole and crack thoroughly with it, then place it by the side of the till. When the d1ck came in for his transaction, I made sure that that was the note on the bottom of the pile that made contact with his hand. Every week. For 2 years.
Its easy to smile when someone you hate is going to eat a sandwich with a hand covered in your butt-bacteria

You just have to be smart and creative and come out on top. Losing a job makes you a loser, no matter how you look at it. Better to have your cake and eat it.

#412671 - 12/10/08 12:57 PM Re: Fired from kfc! [Re: Cord]
Dereck Offline
Prolific

Loc: Great White North
Wow Cord, I am shocked. Money is dirty and your butt crack probably has less germs and you just wiped it on your ass; surprised you didn't have a rash.

I do little things here and there as I deem required if there are annoying people in my own job; nothing like that though. And really the only sanctification is to myself as they would never know. But for the most part you have to let things go and get over it; tomorrow is another day. I like to immediately vent and then be done with it so as not to build up my stress and have me waste time thinking about it.

Crab, every time you feel that you need to vocally tell them to go F**K themselves, the next time gets easier and the next time after that. Now you are setting a precedent to your habits of how you will deal with issues and this will get you no where. Your next job you most certainly do not want to let them know where you worked previously because if they call that employer you can be sure your attitude will be passed on and you most likely will be passed over. How you deal with issues like this also affect how you advance in a company, how much you get paid and how much you are looked at; better to have a "good" impression.

But it is your life and you run it the way you want. If you and your friends find things laughable then when later in life things aren't going good at least you will have the memories.

#412672 - 12/10/08 01:09 PM Re: Fired from kfc! [Re: Cord]
harlan Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Amherst, MA
I'm surprised as well by Cord's story.

Hey Crab...some good advice here, and maybe some not so good. Personally, having worked in some demeaning jobs, and been the brunt of abuse by customers and managers as well, I can understand the resentment and anger.

The only thing I'd point out is the anger bit. In the future, there may come a time when someone will do you a REAL wrong...and the temptation to give to anger/ego for payback at that juncture will only be a bad thing. Assess, and move on. Chalk it up as a learning experience. Or not.

#412673 - 12/10/08 01:44 PM Re: Fired from kfc! [Re: harlan]
Dereck Offline
Prolific

Loc: Great White North
Just as a note, one of my many job functions is handling customer problems. I would love to tell some people where to go but I represent my company and people don't see me as an individual, they see me as my company. How I handle them will reflect on any future dealings.

Now when I get off the phone with them I can grunt and groin and curse them under my breath; but only then. I'm getting paid to do a job and no matter how little or how much does not reflect on how I work. This is known as "good work ethics" and that is what companies are looking for and only with this will you advance; unless you get a union job or you work for family or friends.

So even though you are in a low paying job good work ethics is what should be used. Call the guy a dill-hole behind his back but while he is in front of you, you should be representing the company you are working for. If you don't like the job then quit and do everybody a favor. Makes me wonder why you applied there at all Crab especially when you yourself said that you've lost a lot of fast food jobs. If you don't like them and have a bad history, why keep returning to them. You are obviously not cut out for these types of jobs so do everybody a favor especially yourself, stay away from them. Find something more to your liking.

Not to make it sound like I know it all or that I'm old, but I have found with young people I work with and having a 16 year old daughter, that there is an attitude that things are beneath them. Perhaps this is because we did not have the stuff these kids did and struggled to get where we are today and try to make things easier for them. But by doing so we have raised some arrogant children that don't know the self worth of having a job no matter how little it pays. Perhaps we did not instill some of the real values that we learned doing it the hard way. These kids are going to have a crash course in learning the hard way later in life when they find they are not above anything and things don't fly in the real world when you have to pay bills yourself or have to support a family. No job will be beneath you then!

#412674 - 12/10/08 03:23 PM Re: Fired from kfc! [Re: Cord]
JasonM Offline
Professional Poster

#412675 - 12/10/08 03:35 PM Re: Fired from kfc! [Re: Dereck]
Spade Offline

Loc: Auburn, Al.
I've never really had problems with customers working fast food, even if I messed up I never had any problems, because I was nice to everyone.

Whats your mindset when you go to work? I once had a friend of mine tell me "If you're going to do something, you might as well do it right".

I never thought to myself "F@CK I have to go to work today". Thats pretty much just psychicing yourself up for a sh!tty day at work.

I've had some pretty terrible bosses, some real crappy co-workers, but I've never been fired, or quit without my 2 weeks notice in.
Being kind to people isn't the same as being a push over.

I was the dishwasher for a restaurant once, I left soaked everyday from work, but I worked hard, showed up on time, and never complained, when I wasn't doing anything, I offered to help out someone else. All of the other employees loved me, and the manager kept asking me what it was I was doing that made the other employees like me so much.

After I left that job, a week later half of the staff quit too because they were tired of the manager, and from what I heard, I was the reason a lot of people stayed. I still see some of these guys every now and then, and I get nothing short of a smile everytime I run into them.

The only time I ever really retaliated in the work place was when someone thought it would be funny to try to to punch me in groin...

I don't think I've ever backfisted someone that hard in my entire life, I left the guy on the ground crying for 15 minutes. The next day he told me he didn't think the "pop c*ck game" was funny anymore, and that put an end to that.

It really comes down to your attitude. If you think leaving somewhere with "style" is cursing out a customer and stealing a bucket of chicken, then you should check out some of the guys in prison, they left civilian life with "style"...

You want to keep a positive attitude.

Best of luck to you man.

Page 4 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  Ames, Cord, MattJ, RazorFoot, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Ryukyu Art
Artifacts from the Ryukyu Kingdom missing since WWII. Visit www.ShisaLion.Org to view pictures

Best Stun Guns
Self Defense Products-stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and more

Surveillance 4U
Complete surveillance systems for covert operations or secure installation security

Asylum Images
Book presents photo tour of the Trans-Allegany Lunatic Asylum. A must if you're going to take a ghost tour!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga