FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 35 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
LeroyCFischer, JadeKing, Beefcake, WesJones, simonajones111
22933 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
futsaowingchun 2
charlie 2
ergees 1
William_Bent 1
simonajones111 1
November
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
New Topics
unrecognized kata
by William_Bent
11/19/14 07:05 PM
I gained a lot of month in the last few months
by simonajones111
11/19/14 04:54 AM
Siu Lin Tao-3rd section applications
by futsaowingchun
11/13/14 06:48 PM
Screen fighting course UK December 2014
by charlie
11/11/14 04:09 PM
Siu Lin Tao-1st section Pak Sao explanations
by futsaowingchun
11/09/14 10:30 PM
I spy kata bunkai..
by GojuRyuboy13
10/29/14 08:28 AM
Judo 2014 World Championships Juniors: The Gallery
by ergees
10/25/14 04:53 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
MA style video library
by
03/22/06 03:18 PM
Recent Posts
unrecognized kata
by William_Bent
11/19/14 07:05 PM
I gained a lot of month in the last few months
by simonajones111
11/19/14 04:54 AM
Siu Lin Tao-3rd section applications
by futsaowingchun
11/13/14 06:48 PM
Screen fighting course UK December 2014
by charlie
11/11/14 04:09 PM
MA style video library
by charlie
11/11/14 04:05 PM
Siu Lin Tao-1st section Pak Sao explanations
by futsaowingchun
11/09/14 10:30 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/29/14 10:01 PM
I spy kata bunkai..
by GojuRyuboy13
10/29/14 08:28 AM
Judo 2014 World Championships Juniors: The Gallery
by ergees
10/25/14 04:53 PM
Forum Stats
22933 Members
36 Forums
35589 Topics
432521 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#412656 - 12/09/08 05:24 AM Re: Fired from kfc! [Re: TheCrab]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Loc: Cambridge UK.
Quote:

Just because I like to act over the top usually doesnt mean im a kid, people giving me the "grow up" speeches really [censored] me the [censored] off.

Better get used to dealing with criticism if you are joining the military as well.

true story. When I was 12-13 years old, a local lad nicknamed 'Mush' was in training to join the Marines. He had left school at 16 with no qualifications worth bragging about, and had ended up working as a bouncer by night, and gardener/odd-job man by day. He was a nice guy, but had a quick temper, and was built like a tank.

He came back to our school to use our track and our gym with the guidance of our PE teachers, who were, in retrospect, incredibly kind to help him out as much as they did.
Well, he got in fantastic shape, aced the fitness test, and headed off for basic training and a career in the elite forces.

So far so fairytale.

5 weeks later he was home- kicked out for breaking his drill seargeants jaw. He lost his rag and swung and that was the end of his dream. Some who heard this thought it was 'funny' or 'cool', but Mush didnt.

Over the next few years he declined- drinking heavily, stopping training, taking drugs. His mental state deteriorated, and he became homeless. He drifted away from our home town, but word reached those who knew him that he had died before he reached 25.

Quote:

I wasnt losing anything by losing it.

You never know what you have lost until its gone.

Quote:

my mates thought it was funny anyway, you bunch of sooks

I thought we established long ago, that your friends are the worst kind of idiots you could meet. Rule of thumb- if they think its great- it isnt.

#412657 - 12/09/08 05:34 AM Re: Fired from kfc! [Re: Cord]
JasonM Offline
Professional Poster

"Just because I like to act over the top usually doesnt mean im a kid, people giving me the "grow up" speeches really [censored] me the [censored] off."

It exactly does mean that. We all did it when we were younger but wouldn't do it now. That is the difference between a kid and growing up. Or in other words immature and being mature.

And when you get older you will think the same thing. Everyone does in hindsight.

And as for your friends,
"birds of a feather, flock together".

It sounds like your acting over the top has no consequence. That changes when you have stuff to loose, or a family to support.

We are only tring to advise you on our own mistakes nothing more. just try to be open minded and listen for once and stop thinking everyone is giving you chit or pi$$ing you off...

#412658 - 12/09/08 07:28 AM Re: Fired from kfc! [Re: JasonM]
TheCrab Offline
Scum

Loc: QLD Australia
Quote:

It sounds like your acting over the top has no consequence. That changes when you have stuff to loose, or a family to support.

whats the problem then?
And I do have a lot to lose, including the place im staying. Im just smart enough not to lose it.
as I said i still do labor whenever I want, and im working at the gym. thats more jobs than most people have.
I have a decent savings going on, so I really dont know what you guys are taking so seriously. Ive got spare cash, a few jobs left, and its all good. Its not like I lost my hard earned job with a family to support, come on guys lol

Quote:

We are only tring to advise you on our own mistakes nothing more

I can do that myself. It was just meant to be a funny story, look at it from a more chilled perspective.

Quote:

That is the difference between a kid and growing up

I think its more a difference in personality

#412659 - 12/09/08 08:25 AM Re: Fired from kfc! [Re: TheCrab]
MattJ Offline
Free Rhinoplasty!
Prolific

Loc: York PA. USA
Crabby -

Genuinely not trying to go all law'n'order on you. The only reason we are saying anything to you is out of concern. You may be surprised to learn that some of us here may have had some *ahem* attitude problems in our youths.

I knew someone *looks away, whistles* that had a similar attitude - and lots of problems because of it, until I.....I mean HE...... learned to adapt to the world, instead of trying to make it adapt to him.

You will find your own way, I'm sure.

#412660 - 12/09/08 09:06 AM Re: Fired from kfc! [Re: TheCrab]
JasonM Offline
Professional Poster

That is great on the job and savings.

But that is no reason to treat people that way and be an Ahole...

Ya ever hear the saying, what goes around comes around? Words to live by..

#412661 - 12/09/08 09:11 AM Re: Fired from kfc! [Re: JasonM]
TheCrab Offline
Scum

Loc: QLD Australia
wouldnt that apply to the person that was a [censored] to me in the first place?

ill have a think about your advice guys.
I like my other jobs so their not going anywhere lol

#412662 - 12/09/08 10:03 AM Re: Fired from kfc! [Re: TheCrab]
Dereck Offline
Prolific

Loc: Great White North
Crab, no matter how much you don't care about advise, when you come on this forum and announce stuff like this you have to expect it. People such as myself just want you to understand from all angles of what has happened. You have blinders on and I agree with Cord, if your buddies think it was funny then it isn't.

We've made mistakes growing up and I'm sure we were given sound advise and didn't listen to it; but in retrospect we should have. We are just looking out for your best interest and you can take it or leave it. And if you don't want any advise then don't post on here.

Life is what we make of it. Life is not easy. Life isn't your play ground. Life doesn't care about you. You are nobody in the real world and there are plenty of people like you that can't cut it whether it is in the big world of careers and jobs or just some low paying starting job at KFC. If you find KFC difficult then you are in for a rude awakening if you think things are that much better. Again life it what you make of it and I will guarantee that if you put your all into things now then it "will" get easier when you are older and life will be that much better.

#412663 - 12/09/08 11:00 AM Re: Fired from kfc! [Re: Dereck]
clmibb Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Texas, US
Crabby, I'll tell the same thing my parents told me when I was younger, "Be careful of the toes you step on today fore they may be connected to the ass you have to kiss tomorrow." Yes the guy you took the order from should have taken a nicer tone with you, after all you just asked him to repeat what he just said, but something that I've learned is niceness kills. Yeah that's right, when someone is yelling at me, my volume doesn't rise. When someone aggrivates me, I don't let it affect other people. I've worked at several different cusomer service type of jobs and have never been fired over something I said to someone else. Hind sight is always 20/20. Trust me on this Crab, you will get far more respect out of people if you treat them with respect than you will if you act like a d0uche. If I ws in line behind the guy you told off, I would have smacked the both of you, him for giving you lip when you are just trying to do your job and you for feeding into his attitude.

Casey

#412664 - 12/09/08 11:02 AM Re: Fired from kfc! [Re: clmibb]
MattJ Offline
Free Rhinoplasty!
Prolific

Loc: York PA. USA
The thing is, I believe she would!

#412665 - 12/09/08 11:18 AM Re: Fired from kfc! [Re: MattJ]
clmibb Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Texas, US
Quote:

The thing is, I believe she would!

Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  Ames, Cord, MattJ, RazorFoot, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Ryukyu Art
Artifacts from the Ryukyu Kingdom missing since WWII. Visit www.ShisaLion.Org to view pictures

Best Stun Guns
Self Defense Products-stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and more

Surveillance 4U
Complete surveillance systems for covert operations or secure installation security

Asylum Images
Book presents photo tour of the Trans-Allegany Lunatic Asylum. A must if you're going to take a ghost tour!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga