FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 32 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
TomRosenberg, jessylin, play, Keith_G, LeroyCFischer
22937 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
jwwmantis 2
LeroyCFischer 1
William_Bent 1
futsaowingchun 1
Zombie Zero 1
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
New Topics
Freeing Hand-Wing Chun's last movements
by futsaowingchun
12/17/14 09:40 PM
2015 Master Yang Jwing-Ming Seminar
by jwwmantis
12/05/14 10:36 PM
unrecognized kata
by William_Bent
11/19/14 07:05 PM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
The Beginners Guide To Stretching
by
12/27/06 11:43 AM
Your true goal
by
03/03/06 07:16 AM
Recent Posts
Freeing Hand-Wing Chun's last movements
by futsaowingchun
12/17/14 09:40 PM
Your true goal
by Beefcake
12/11/14 02:44 AM
The Beginners Guide To Stretching
by LeroyCFischer
12/04/14 02:07 AM
unrecognized kata
by William_Bent
11/19/14 07:05 PM
Forum Stats
22937 Members
36 Forums
35591 Topics
432526 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#412646 - 12/05/08 08:07 PM Re: Fired from kfc! [Re: TheCrab]
Stormdragon Offline
Who Dares Wins
Professional Poster

Loc: Salem, OR
At my old grocery store where I worked as a bagger they always taught us "the customer is always right!". Biggest load of bull in the world but unfortunately you get fired if you don't follow it.
Member of DaJoGen MMA school under Dave Hagen and Team Chaos fight team under Denver Mangiyatan and Chris Toquero, ran out of Zanshin Martial Arts in Salem Oregon: http://www.zanshinarts.org/Home.aspx,

#412647 - 12/06/08 03:51 AM Re: Fired from kfc! [Re: TheCrab]
trevek Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Poland
If you're joining the army (best of luck to you mate, have a good time) I think I should warn you... my troop commander had worked as a manager in McD's before becoming an officer.

Just hope that your next colonel isn't one who served under Col. Sanders.

Supporting everyone saying "nuts to cancer"

#412648 - 12/06/08 11:43 PM Re: Fired from kfc! [Re: TheCrab]
rideonlythelabel Offline
Veteran

Loc: st-hubert quebec canada
Quote:

yeah I feel you man, Ive lost a lot of fast food jobs.
but yeah I dont know, I suppose I am in the mindset of being used to losing those sorts of jobs. I just dont like taking bulls*it and complaints from assh0les, at work or not. and yeah overall I got F8cked around too much. 5-10 meant 5-12 because of cleaning and all that other crap. so ill be happy with 10 hours a week at the gym and a bit of laboring on the side for now.

but yeah if your gonna get fired or quit, I figure you might as well do it in style.

I've had my fair share of jobs in my time too. Big compagnies just don't get it. They treat their employees like s--t, pay them dirt, and expect them to get emotionally invested in their job in return.

Funniest story of mine; I totalled a company car on my first and last day at one of my jobs.

#412649 - 12/07/08 12:34 PM Re: Fired from kfc! [Re: TheCrab]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Loc: Cambridge UK.
Quote:

I wont be working at kfc when im 30 matt.

Not now you wont

Good luck in the Army Crab, but here is something to consider: Every day in your military training you will be pushed, mentaly and physicaly. They will stress you, bully you, and make you do all manner of degrading, seemingly unnecessary, and disagreeable things.
If you sass your 'manager' then, you will be punished, and if you outright cuss him out, then you will be back in your home town, looking at KFC employees drawing their paychecks with envy.

Better to learn how to deal with day to day life with care and responsibility. Careless, irresponsible people seldom get entrusted with military weaponry. (#insert George W joke here)

Better KFC than CFC (complete f*ck-up Crabbie)

#412650 - 12/07/08 10:11 PM Re: Fired from kfc! [Re: Cord]
JoelM Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Georgia, USA
I think Crab's tag should be changed to "Much more stupid than he thinks he is."

But then again he and I never really got along.

Having worked as a manger of a bunch of low-paid hourly workers I took a lot more crap than I got paid for from both customers and my employees. More from the employees who thought they were above the job or just there for beer money on the weekend while mom and dad paid for their tuition. Meanwhile I worked full time and took my job seriously because if I didn't work, I didn't have a place to live, food to eat, or a car to drive.

Going out in style is giving your notice and working as hard as you did before you were leaving the company.

You'll have some harsh realities to face when you hit the real world, kid. I sure hope you're not going to be one of those whining later in life like you say, because you'll end up do the same thing at a lot more fast food joints.

#412651 - 12/08/08 12:58 AM Re: Fired from kfc! [Re: JoelM]
JasonM Offline
Professional Poster

Just to add..If you can't cut a fast food restaurant you definitely won't cut the army. Talka bout low pay and doing BS work. Stuff that makes no sense. Like go rake leaves, oh wait, lets rake the same earea again. Not to mention lets police for cigarette buts and ya dont' even smoke. Oh, lets get smoked in the PT pit because someone else F'd up. Beleieve me, KFC is easy compared to the BS you will encounter in the armed forces.

Grow up now and learn from your past mistakes.

It is sooo true what Dereck said. You don't want to burn any bridges. Trust me, you will one day run into that person or deal with that company. WHen I was in the Army and got a UCMJ by this LTCOL I was livid and thought they wasn't right. And I wa slike heck with it I will be out soon and never seen this guy again< WRONG!! A few years later I ran into him in Colorado springs. And I was living in VA but doing some install work and still working for the government. Trust and believe it definitely is a small work in the miltiary.

#412652 - 12/08/08 12:00 PM Re: Fired from kfc! [Re: JasonM]
Ilove2Hit Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
the job you do or the work you do is nothing to be ashamed of. work is work. u do i for money which u need for living.

u are not superior to any kind of a job. ive been doing part time or full time jobs since im 13 for way lower wages than you.

dont think that u are superior. no matter what u do, try to be good at it, no, try to be perfect and excellent at it. if u do that in no matter what area of ur live, than this will be how u as a person will be.

no matter what u do an for what reason, no matter how useless or usefull u think it is, just do it! and do it good!

#412653 - 12/08/08 05:19 PM Re: Fired from kfc! [Re: Ilove2Hit]
Dereck Offline
Prolific

Loc: Great White North
Actually very sound advise.

#412654 - 12/08/08 05:45 PM Re: Fired from kfc! [Re: Cord]
BrianS Offline
Higher rank than you
Professional Poster

Loc: Northwest Arkansas
It's our attitudes that shape us as individuals.

Alot of good advice here!
But I'm not on your side with this crab and I'm not here to scold you either.

I like what trevek and cord alluded to. The guys who you are so proud of showing up may one day be your boss again. Maybe not them, maybe the guys friends who he told about "this jerkoff at kfc" or maybe another patron in line who overheard..?

I did some pretty stupid things in my youth as well and I can only give advice on what I learned. I learned the hard way , that sucked.

#412655 - 12/09/08 03:14 AM Re: Fired from kfc! [Re: JoelM]
TheCrab Offline
Scum

Loc: QLD Australia
Joel I am paying 100 in rent a week to my mate, as well as going halves in the internet, water electricity etc. Food im paying for. my parents will loan me money if I need it but as far as things go I am essentially paying my way and have been for some time.

Just because I like to act over the top usually doesnt mean im a kid, people giving me the "grow up" speeches really [censored] me the [censored] off.

now onto the job, which you have a different/biased perspective on as you were a manager. free Overtime, [censored] wages, lame bosses etc, and the fact I have another one means I wasnt losing anything by losing it.

my mates thought it was funny anyway, you bunch of sooks

Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  Ames, Cord, MattJ, RazorFoot, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Ryukyu Art
Artifacts from the Ryukyu Kingdom missing since WWII. Visit www.ShisaLion.Org to view pictures

Best Stun Guns
Self Defense Products-stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and more

Surveillance 4U
Complete surveillance systems for covert operations or secure installation security

Asylum Images
Book presents photo tour of the Trans-Allegany Lunatic Asylum. A must if you're going to take a ghost tour!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga