FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 18 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
old1, Leonar, ManLar, Vimido, raya
22925 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Ronin1966 3
futsaowingchun 3
GojuRyuboy13 2
AndyLA 1
Victor Smith 1
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
New Topics
The Classic Pak Sao drill
by futsaowingchun
10/20/14 10:32 AM
wing chun kicks and knees
by futsaowingchun
10/09/14 12:55 AM
2014 European Championships Juniors: the Gallery
by ergees
10/05/14 10:56 AM
Tan,Bong,Fuk & Wu Sao
by futsaowingchun
09/30/14 12:10 AM
Living a full life violence free...
by GojuRyuboy13
09/25/14 08:50 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
Leo's Judo Journal
by Leo_E_49
01/24/12 02:58 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by
05/13/07 08:02 AM
Recent Posts
Living a full life violence free...
by GojuRyuboy13
10/22/14 07:20 AM
The Classic Pak Sao drill
by futsaowingchun
10/20/14 10:32 AM
Leo's Judo Journal
by swordy
10/11/14 09:21 AM
The Karate punch
by Ronin1966
10/09/14 03:16 PM
wing chun kicks and knees
by futsaowingchun
10/09/14 12:55 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Ronin1966
10/08/14 09:22 PM
2014 European Championships Juniors: the Gallery
by ergees
10/05/14 10:56 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by AndyLA
10/04/14 10:20 AM
Tan,Bong,Fuk & Wu Sao
by futsaowingchun
09/30/14 12:10 AM
Forum Stats
22925 Members
36 Forums
35582 Topics
432510 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#411707 - 11/17/08 12:48 AM Re: UN warns of brown cloud threat [Re: Ames]
JasonM Offline
Professional Poster

I thought the same thing as Matt and Chris.

Chisty, were you comparing Obama to a muslim? I am curious what your statement truly meant.

#411708 - 11/17/08 02:26 AM Re: UN warns of brown cloud threat [Re: JasonM]
BrianS Offline
Higher rank than you
Professional Poster

Loc: Northwest Arkansas
This thread has clearly taken on a political agenda.

I hate to see this site go this way because it spills over into other discussions. I like the rule about no religious or political discussion and I wish the mods and admin would make everyone adhere to it.

#411709 - 11/17/08 03:57 AM Re: UN warns of brown cloud threat [Re: MattJ]
grumbleweed Offline

<<Soot levels in the air were reported to have risen alarmingly in 13 megacities: Bangkok, >>

good grief, exiting bangkoks airport terminal and taking in that first steaming hot polluted breath of air is glorious....its like, 'i'm home again' (sorry cord for using the thread to interject a travelism, i cant resist it, anyway, everyone is getting awfully pugnacious!), i hope it never becomes a paragon of cleanliness and purity like salzburg

#411710 - 11/19/08 02:32 PM Re: UN warns of brown cloud threat [Re: grumbleweed]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Loc: Cambridge UK.
Good grief, OK, a few responses, by way of clarification.

BC,
If you are going to complain about 'conduct unbecoming' in someone else, be sure that you yourself are not hurling boulders from a house of glass.
You dislike me referring to humans in a dispassionate way, yet you are the one who refers to the Iraq war as an 'optional war'. Anyone who respects the sanctity of life would not condone a war that was anything other than unavoidable, but then, its easy to send people to war from the comfort of your armchair isnt it?

Christy,
A strange response indeed. My, somewhat glib, attempt at humour was aimed squarely at BC, based on some rather fancifull views he holds regarding the motivations and machinations of University research (in the UK, at least), along with his reactionary right-wing conspiracy silliness.

As for my personal political beliefs, they are not represented by the very systems we have ruined, and so I do not vote.

When someone uses democracy to give the people what they want, as opposed to spending time trying to convince the majority to want what they offer, then I will be first in the voting booth, and I wont care if they are a transexual smurf, as long as they are more interested in positive use of power than the power itself.

We spend so much time pimping democracy on other cultures as if it is the holy grail, that we dont stop and look at what we are doing with it.

If we worked harder on improving our own societies, not attacking others, then other parts of the world may come to see the benefit of the system on their own.

At the moment, we are a door to door salesman, forcing people to buy faulty goods at gunpoint.

#411711 - 11/19/08 05:35 PM Re: UN warns of brown cloud threat [Re: Cord]
bcihak Offline

Loc: Illinois
Actually, I'm not the one that refers to the Iraq war as an optional war. That is what many anti-war people are calling it. I believe it is a necassary war the way Germany's invasion of Austria was. The Europeans did nothing at the time. The reasons they did nothing were many and in a lot of ways valid at the time, but history shows that doing nothing was actually a mistake. You know that old line about not studying history.
Bill

#411712 - 11/19/08 10:03 PM Re: UN warns of brown cloud threat [Re: bcihak]
Christy Offline

Loc: The D
Cord-

I see your point, and I humbly apologize for my remark to you. A bad attempt at being a smart-a55 on my part, too.

MattJ-

You called me a right wing, racist piece of sh1t, and told me to get bent. Aside from the fact that there was nothing even remotely racist in my remark, you had no right to slander me like that. I think you are the one who is actually the racist. Thou doth protest just a bit too much, I think.

And I might ask why the moderators chose to jump on me for my remark rather than MattJ for his open hostility and slander...

But again, my apologies to Cord, as I'm not too big to admit that i was out of line. Peace.

#411713 - 11/20/08 07:22 AM Re: UN warns of brown cloud threat [Re: Christy]
MattJ Offline
Free Rhinoplasty!
Prolific

Loc: York PA. USA
Quote:

I think you are the one who is actually the racist. Thou doth protest just a bit too much, I think.

You keep thinking that. That would be consistent with your general line of denial. Your pretty language doesn't hide the ill in your thoughts. I call it like I see it.

#411714 - 11/20/08 08:46 AM Re: UN warns of brown cloud threat [Re: bcihak]
Kimo2007 Offline
Veteran

Quote:

I believe it is a necassary war the way Germany's invasion of Austria was.

Really? Because Iraq had been shooting at our planes for a decade and never managed to hit one, so exactly how were they a threat to us?

How long did it take to overthrow that nation? A week? How many innocent people are now dead, thanks to American weapons? And please don't give me the Sadam killed x number of people, he was a bad guy, we all get it. But that doesn't give us the right to kill those people.

Oh and lets talk about how the war was waged....screw the Powell doctirne, we know a better way to wage war....(ever been in a war?...no...ever served in the military...no...so why again are you qualified to run things? Please remind me because for the life of me, I don't understand.

Bill, the reason people will not a have a "civil" debate with you, is because your views are not civil, or plausable on even the most basic of levels. That and many of us are tired of the crap your sources spew getting airtime and having impact on our society.

#411715 - 11/21/08 06:27 PM Re: UN warns of brown cloud threat [Re: Kimo2007]
bcihak Offline

Loc: Illinois
well, Kimo2007, I have been in the millitary but I have not gone to war. Well, in the United States the civillians are in charge of the millitary and so any American can comment on what their millitary is doing. Usually though, people on my side support our troops and do not try to undercut their success on the battlefield against evil killers. Kimo2007, you cord and Mattj are the people who could use lessons in civility. Right out of the box people like you are swearing, insulting the people you are addressing and being rude. My sources are great men and women who do their research and simply have different viewpoints on important issues. It is often said that conservatives think liberals are just wrong, while liberals think conservatives are evil. You guys demonstrate this all the time. You guys need to grow up. By the way, this forum may have kids on it so please stop swearing out there. The moderators should do more to stop the swearing than they do and even the words that have substitutions in the middle of them.
Bill

#411716 - 11/21/08 10:02 PM Re: UN warns of brown cloud threat [Re: bcihak]
Ed_Morris Offline
Professional Poster

I think 'evil' was a term popularized by the right during this decade, wasn't it? a way to keep open-ended war active by using undefinable terms like: "we will continue to fight this war on terror and stop the evil-doers..."

'evil-doers' = anyone who disagrees?

and in your first post, first sentance on this thread:
Quote:

the first thing I have to say to you is never, never, trust the U.N. They are an organization filled with evil dictators and corrupt bureacrats.

YOU use the 'evil' term in a way that demonstrates the dumb fear-mongering 'evil-speak' propaganda this decade has seen abused by playing on people's 9/11 fears, was bought into hook-line-and-sinker by the (now minority) 40% of US people like you.

grow up and stop being rediculous. you sound like a holocaust denier.

look, the 'brown cloud' is smog. and a whole lot of it. if you want to deny smog, go to Bombay or Shanghai during the summer and take a deep breath. btw, NASA doesn't photoshop their satellite pictures, the 'from space' views given earlier was showing the smog.

'smog' is not vitamin C. It doesn't give you nutrients, and plants/animals don't like it either. it's what reasonable humans consider 'bad for ya', and the basic goal is to reduce the bad stuff in order to make life 'better' - another term commonly used by the reasonable people.

does smog contribute to global warming? I'd have to guess and say, ah-yup. I don't know for sure, but I do know the anti-liberal right are probably just acting on their homophobic fears when they say things like global warming is caused by the AIDS quilt.

same rediculousness applies: they say pollution levels are't all that bad, since they are trying to lesson restrictions (and therefore increase take-home pay) for their CEO cronies. Their only obstical is making more than 50% of the people believe that the one's disagreeing with them are 'anti-American', 'Evil', or whatever other label invokes an emotive response.
The ones loosening pollution restrictions are the ones living in air-purified mansions on rolling hills in the countryside, not the ones living near power lines, oil fields or factories.

you've been had. wake up and smell the smog for what it is: garbage in the air. Want to argue on the side of allowing the rich to put more garbage in the air with no accountabilty, and don't mind higher temperatures? Have them buy you a one-way ticket to Venus and get off our g'damn planet, ditto-head.

Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Ames, Cord, MattJ, RazorFoot, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Fight Videos
Night club fight footage and street fights captured with the world's first bouncer spy cam

How to Matrix!
Learn ten times faster with new training method. Learn entire arts for as little as $10 per disk.

Self Defense
Stun guns, pepper spray, Mace and self defense products. Alarms for personal and home use.

TASER MC26C
Stop An Urban Gorilla: Get 2 FREE TASER M26C Replacement Air Cartridges With Each New TASER M26C!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga