FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 37 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
TomRosenberg, jessylin, play, Keith_G, LeroyCFischer
22937 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
jwwmantis 2
Beefcake 1
LeroyCFischer 1
futsaowingchun 1
Zombie Zero 1
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
New Topics
Freeing Hand-Wing Chun's last movements
by futsaowingchun
12/17/14 09:40 PM
2015 Master Yang Jwing-Ming Seminar
by jwwmantis
12/05/14 10:36 PM
The Beginners Guide To Stretching
by
12/27/06 11:43 AM
Your true goal
by
03/03/06 07:16 AM
Recent Posts
Freeing Hand-Wing Chun's last movements
by futsaowingchun
12/17/14 09:40 PM
Your true goal
by Beefcake
12/11/14 02:44 AM
The Beginners Guide To Stretching
by LeroyCFischer
12/04/14 02:07 AM
Forum Stats
22937 Members
36 Forums
35591 Topics
432526 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#411592 - 11/15/08 12:50 PM Re: Couture vs. Lesnar [Re: JKogas]
Dereck Offline
Prolific

Loc: Great White North
Amen from me as well. May the force be with Randy.

#411593 - 11/15/08 02:58 PM Re: Couture vs. Lesnar [Re: BrianS]
Kravinatrix Offline

Loc: ESSEX
I would like to see a Mir vs. Lesnar 2 where Lesnar can get his revenge
This fight can really only go one of three ways. Lesnar knocks Randy Out, Lays on him for five rounds and wins by decision,lesnar lays on him for awhile but makes some mistake allowing randy to get him in a submission.
Perhaps after this Lesnar will hop back to WWE taking the title with him lol.

My prediction is a win for lesnar in round 2 by reverse
omoplata. He will then procede to F5 Frank Mir.
Just my personal opinion im sure a few will disagree.

#411594 - 11/15/08 05:48 PM Re: Couture vs. Lesnar [Re: Fletch1]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Loc: Cambridge UK.
Quote:

I can't for the life of me imagine any real MMA fan wanting Brock to win. What would that prove? That size, strength and a crash course in MMA wins out over experience and technique?

This is an interesting development amongst MMAers mindset. Remember when TMA felt threatened by MMA and it was a regular thing to hear arguments that 'tattoos and agression will only take you so far', or 'there is no real technique in cage fights, they are not MAists at all' whilst the MMA crowd would retort with 'put up or shut up' or similar.

Now we have a guy who comes in to MMA that gets the Cage guys talking like sniffy old Karateka's

Are Lesnar's attributes based around his conditioning and physical strength? Of course they are. Does he have a training history that would lead him to be somewhat one-dimensional? No doubt. If he manages to find a way to make these strengths and limitations work for him in a live environment will that be impressive? You bet.

Ken Shamrock switched from shoot to work to shoot through his career in the US and Japan. Brock has put a line under his Entertainment career, and dedicated himself completely to real fighting.
Which can be said to have blurred the lines between the two to a greater extent?

If coming from 'acting' to the cage diminishes a fighters credibility, then is Couture's place in the sport tarnished by moving into acting? Does the fact that he was in the Scorpion King sequel make him a worse fighter? Does the fact that Lesnar spent 3 years shouting into a mic. and play-fighting on telly make what he brings to the cage any less dangerous?

#411595 - 11/15/08 06:05 PM Re: Couture vs. Lesnar [Re: Cord]
Kravinatrix Offline

Loc: ESSEX
Is rampage still fighting on this card?

#411596 - 11/15/08 08:38 PM Re: Couture vs. Lesnar [Re: Cord]
MattJ Offline
Free Rhinoplasty!
Prolific

Loc: York PA. USA
Somebody shut Cord up. His stingingly accurate observations are really starting to p1ss me off. QUIT BURSTING OUR BUBBLES, DAMMIT.

*pokes pins in the eyes of Lesnar voodoo doll, repeats "Randy Is a Real Fighter" mantra over and over.........*

#411597 - 11/15/08 11:18 PM Re: Couture vs. Lesnar *Potential spoilers* [Re: MattJ]
Stormdragon Offline
Who Dares Wins
Professional Poster

Loc: Salem, OR
HOLY HELL!!!! I just looked at wikipedia (cant actually watch the fights) and it says Couture won...IS that true?!!!!!

Edited by Cord (11/15/08 11:24 PM)
Member of DaJoGen MMA school under Dave Hagen and Team Chaos fight team under Denver Mangiyatan and Chris Toquero, ran out of Zanshin Martial Arts in Salem Oregon: http://www.zanshinarts.org/Home.aspx,

#411598 - 11/15/08 11:30 PM Re: Couture vs. Lesnar *Potential spoilers* [Re: Stormdragon]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Sherdog 'play by play' has no write up for the florian or Couture fight, which would indicate that they have not happened yet.

#411599 - 11/16/08 12:14 AM Re: Couture vs. Lesnar SPOILER [Re: Cord]
Supremor Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: UK
AHHHH!!! Lesnar is champion. I don't care about Cord's good sense, I still wanted Randy to win, and I don't like Lesnar as the champion.

Edited by Cord (11/16/08 12:25 AM)

#411600 - 11/16/08 12:35 AM Re: Couture vs. Lesnar SPOILER [Re: Supremor]
Stormdragon Offline
Who Dares Wins
Professional Poster

Loc: Salem, OR
Yeah someone apparently was fudging around on wiki, dangit. Couture got KTFO. He could've takin it if he was where he was at when he trounced Silvia. I think everyone underestimates Lesnar a little bit though. On the plus side, Couture is abotu as tough as Lesnar will have to face in the ufc besides Noguiera so we may have a possibility for someone who can take down Fedor. In the near future that is.
Member of DaJoGen MMA school under Dave Hagen and Team Chaos fight team under Denver Mangiyatan and Chris Toquero, ran out of Zanshin Martial Arts in Salem Oregon: http://www.zanshinarts.org/Home.aspx,

#411601 - 11/16/08 12:39 AM Re: Couture vs. Lesnar SPOILER [Re: Supremor]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Quote:

I don't like Lesnar as the champion.

Give him a chance, he has only been champ for 8 minutes

As it happens, I wanted Couture to win as much as anyone on here, but a 265 pound, 31 year old skilled real wrestler with heavy hands is not an ideal oponent for a 225 pound, 45 year old fighter coming off nearly a year long hiatus from the cage.

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Cord, Fletch1, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Self Defense
Offering stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and other self defense products not available in stores.

Pepper Spray
Online distributor of self defense supplies like videos, stun guns, Tasers and more.

Spy Cameras
Surveillance, Hidden Cameras, Nanny Cams, Digital Recorders, Spy Equipment, Pocket DVR's and more

Stun Gun
Wholesale Directlhy to the Public! Stun gun and Taser Guns and personal protection products. Keep your loved ones at home safe!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga