FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 47 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
ksusanc, kellypnik123, leyinn, Ron_Cooley, businns
22902 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Dobbersky 12
cxt 7
trevek 6
JKogas 5
futsaowingchun 2
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
New Topics
centerline concepts
by futsaowingchun
07/14/14 10:49 PM
language of syllabus
by trevek
07/11/14 03:36 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:14 AM
10 San Sik drills-Wing Chun's foundation
by futsaowingchun
06/30/14 11:20 AM
"Ip Man" and "Ip Man 2" the movies.
by TaekwonDoFan
06/30/14 11:02 AM
Iaido movements speed
by TooNice
04/14/14 01:47 PM
Anderson Silva - Leg Break
by Dobbersky
12/30/13 08:32 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
Gi or no Gi Grappling?
by Prizewriter
04/16/12 02:48 PM
MMA - A passing Fad
by Dobbersky
04/12/12 11:16 AM
Recent Posts
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by cxt
Today at 11:35 AM
centerline concepts
by Dobbersky
07/18/14 06:14 AM
language of syllabus
by trevek
07/14/14 04:50 PM
Gi or no Gi Grappling?
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:38 AM
MMA - A passing Fad
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:35 AM
Anderson Silva - Leg Break
by Dobbersky
07/09/14 06:13 AM
Throwing
by JKogas
07/03/14 07:40 PM
10 San Sik drills-Wing Chun's foundation
by futsaowingchun
06/30/14 11:20 AM
"Ip Man" and "Ip Man 2" the movies.
by TaekwonDoFan
06/30/14 11:02 AM
Forget all that health stuff
by TaekwonDoFan
06/29/14 03:18 AM
Forum Stats
22902 Members
36 Forums
35563 Topics
432450 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#411582 - 11/14/08 06:27 AM Re: Couture vs. Lesnar [Re: BrianS]
Supremor Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: UK
I agree with Aesir. If Lesnar is going to win, then he has to do it in the first and second rounds. After that, Couture's ability to out think his opponents, and his experience and determination will overcome Lesnar's size. Lesnar is a very tricky opponent for anybody, because he is overwhelmingly powerful, with a great wrestling pedigree. Brian, Lesnar was not just another wrestling champion, he's one of the most decorated around, and when you combine that with his strength and speed, then you've got something pretty formidable.

I'm rooting for Randy, and I think he has the ability to get past the first two rounds, which is when he will start to have his way in a close fight. So my pick is Couture.

#411583 - 11/14/08 09:19 AM Re: Couture vs. Lesnar [Re: Supremor]
Dereck Offline
Prolific

Loc: Great White North
I'm very familiar with Lesnar due to have been a previous wrestling fan. I'm aware of Randy's abilities and his age and I am a HUGE fan. I watched all the shows last night for the build up of the fight and I am up in the air in who is going to win. I want Randy to win but I'm not counting Lesnar out; though I still have the opinion he doesn't have enough skill and also that he should not have this fight yet. He should be fighting Kongo and a few other guys first.

As I understand the winner of this fight fights the winner of Mir and Noriaga and that person is the Heavy Weight Champions; correct?

Looking forward to watching this; hope the rest of the card is awesome because either this fight will be over super fast or it might be a long one.

#411584 - 11/14/08 10:04 AM Re: Couture vs. Lesnar [Re: Dereck]
Supremor Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: UK
Quote:

hope the rest of the card is awesome because either this fight will be over super fast or it might be a long one.

Yes, the card didn't blow me away on inspection. There's an interesting bout between Florian and Stevenson, but apart from that it's not exactly stacked. Unfortunately, I think the Florian-Stevenson match-up will not work very well for entertainment value. Florian's biggest weakness is his wrestling, so he will be playing it very timid with his stand-up; Stevenson on the other hand is just coming off a loss so will likely be a bit tentative, and he knows he doesn't have stand-up to compete with Florian. I see a boring 3 round decision going to Florian, with Stevenson able to do little on the ground.

#411585 - 11/14/08 06:41 PM Re: Couture vs. Lesnar [Re: Supremor]
janxspirit Offline

I'm hoping randy wins this one. He always has a strategy - but it seems like a tough fight nonetheless.

#411586 - 11/14/08 09:25 PM Re: Couture vs. Lesnar [Re: JKogas]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Loc: Cambridge UK.
Quote:

Brock is going to come out like he was fired from a cannon. That's how he does things. But my GOD, Couture is SO experienced. Not only that, but he's a top notch wrestler in his own right. I think Couture can hang on. If MIR can beat Lesnar, what are Couture's odds?

Couture also has a more well-rounded game now. Plus his clinch is like better than Lesnar's.

Ditto.

I dont see Lesnar dominating the ground game based on size and collegiate record- Couture's wrestling pedigree is better, and whilst he will be lighter, he has phenomenal strength and awareness.
If Lesnar wins it will be a KO/TKO with those heavy hands.

Psychologicaly, its about even- Lesnar is facing a lot of scrutiny and has a lot to prove, whilst Couture is being forced to fight via contractual pressure, when he really only wants to fight Fedor. Will he be able to bring full motivation to a situation beyond his control? Will Lesnar make mistakes in his eagerness to impress? Will 45 be too old? Will 3 pro MMA fights be too few?

In many ways this is a great match up, and all i know is I am delighted that I have neither of them trying to kick my a$$ on saturday night

#411587 - 11/15/08 02:50 AM Re: Couture vs. Lesnar [Re: Cord]
Fletch1 Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Florida
Dana and Joe are saying that it is the "biggest fight" because the next fight always needs to be the "biggest fight" in regards to PPV numbers. Of course they are going to pump it up. Realistically speaking, the UFC HW division is severely lacking right now and it would not be that difficult to imagine Brock laying and praying on even Nog to a snoozer of a victory.

Win or lose, I am for Randy. I can't for the life of me imagine any real MMA fan wanting Brock to win. What would that prove? That size, strength and a crash course in MMA wins out over experience and technique?

#411588 - 11/15/08 07:51 AM Re: Couture vs. Lesnar [Re: Fletch1]
TeK9 Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Northern California, USA
I am looking forward to see how Couture is going to control Lesner. This wil be a real test for his clinch game. I'm sure he can take Lensar down just as easy as he was doing Silva, however, holding him down, and getting the ground and pound i think will not be happening.

In my opinion a seasoned fighter like Couture will win. He is a great analyst, check out his book if u don't know what i mean, he breaks down his opponents and their weakness', like a true tactitioner. I believe the culmination of years of experience has given Couture the perfect tools necessary to defeat any opponent he faces.

But because of Lesnar power and reach, i think this fight will be won by Randy by submission. Something we rarely see.

Lesnar of course has a real punchers chance, his power and speed for a man his size posses some serious problems. But lets face it he barely has jiu-jitsu experience, which is why he was so easily defeated by Frank Mir with a simple leg lock. I feel this is were Randy should focus.

But i truely hope we get to see Randy's superior clinch game.
Vinci

#411589 - 11/15/08 08:20 AM Re: Couture vs. Lesnar [Re: Fletch1]
JKogas Offline
Prolific

Loc: North Carolina
Fletch wrote:
Quote:

I can't for the life of me imagine any real MMA fan wanting Brock to win. What would that prove? That size, strength and a crash course in MMA wins out over experience and technique?

AMEN to that.

Tek9 wrote:
Quote:

I am looking forward to see how Couture is going to control Lesner. This wil be a real test for his clinch game. I'm sure he can take Lensar down just as easy as he was doing Silva, however, holding him down, and getting the ground and pound i think will not be happening.

You know, while that could happen, I'm not so sure. Remember when Randy fought Randleman? Once Randleman was on this back, he didn't have a clue. I'm under the impression that he never trained for that scenario because he never thought he'd be put on his back to begin with. Randy took him down from the clinch and established a top position he never lost until the fight was stopped.

I imagine Lesnar doesn't have the best game on his back either. Of course that is assuming that Randy can and will take him down. I think Randy's boxing is better than most people realize. It's probably better than Lesnar's by a mile. Of course you only have to get hit once by a guy that big....

I'm going with Randy on this, but I wouldn't be surprised either way. Lesnar is SO big that he should really be fighting in another weight class.

Quote:

In my opinion a seasoned fighter like Couture will win. He is a great analyst, check out his book if u don't know what i mean, he breaks down his opponents and their weakness', like a true tactitioner. I believe the culmination of years of experience has given Couture the perfect tools necessary to defeat any opponent he faces.

People talk about how well Randy can break a guy's game down and diagnose it's weaknesses. I'm sure he's probably got an intelligent game plan installed for Lesnar. Whereas, I'm betting Lesnar's game plan goes along the lines of:

(Spoken like the Incredible Hulk) "Take...him..down. Smash....him...to...BITS."

Quote:

But because of Lesnar power and reach, i think this fight will be won by Randy by submission. Something we rarely see.

That is not outside the realm of possibilities. I had considered this as well. Probably a choke/RNC.

Quote:

Lesnar of course has a real punchers chance, his power and speed for a man his size posses some serious problems. But lets face it he barely has jiu-jitsu experience, which is why he was so easily defeated by Frank Mir with a simple leg lock. I feel this is were Randy should focus.

But i truely hope we get to see Randy's superior clinch game.

Nice post. I agree completely.

-John

#411590 - 11/15/08 10:28 AM Re: Couture vs. Lesnar [Re: JKogas]
Novum Offline

Loc: New England
Lets all take a moment to make a modest and quiet request/prayer to our deity of choice that our boy Randy pulls through. My fingers are crossed so hard it hurts.

#411591 - 11/15/08 10:53 AM Re: Couture vs. Lesnar [Re: Novum]
JKogas Offline
Prolific

Loc: North Carolina
Amen (again) to that!

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Cord, Fletch1, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Self Defense
Offering stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and other self defense products not available in stores.

Pepper Spray
Online distributor of self defense supplies like videos, stun guns, Tasers and more.

Spy Cameras
Surveillance, Hidden Cameras, Nanny Cams, Digital Recorders, Spy Equipment, Pocket DVR's and more

Stun Gun
Wholesale Directlhy to the Public! Stun gun and Taser Guns and personal protection products. Keep your loved ones at home safe!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga