FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 33 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bartfast, ZapEm, AndyLA, danacohenn, ksusanc
22906 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Dobbersky 9
AndyLA 5
futsaowingchun 4
VDJ 2
FrankyFruits 2
August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
New Topics
Chum Kiu 2nd section applications
by futsaowingchun
08/20/14 09:54 PM
2013 World Championship Rio: The Gallery (HD)
by ergees
08/19/14 05:22 AM
Chi Sao demonstration
by futsaowingchun
08/14/14 10:57 PM
Decent Fight channel
by FrankyFruits
08/07/14 09:19 PM
2014 European Championships Cadets Athens: Videos
by ergees
08/07/14 10:00 AM
Life goes on....
by Dobbersky
08/07/14 05:59 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
Applied center line theory
by futsaowingchun
07/28/14 08:55 AM
centerline concepts
by futsaowingchun
07/14/14 10:49 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:14 AM
Recent Posts
Chum Kiu 2nd section applications
by futsaowingchun
08/20/14 09:54 PM
2013 World Championship Rio: The Gallery (HD)
by ergees
08/19/14 05:22 AM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by VDJ
08/15/14 05:46 PM
Chi Sao demonstration
by futsaowingchun
08/14/14 10:57 PM
The Karate punch
by Dobbersky
08/12/14 05:14 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by Dobbersky
08/11/14 05:03 AM
Decent Fight channel
by FrankyFruits
08/07/14 09:19 PM
2014 European Championships Cadets Athens: Videos
by ergees
08/07/14 10:00 AM
Life goes on....
by Dobbersky
08/07/14 05:59 AM
A post for those who might become martial artists.
by AndyLA
08/06/14 07:25 AM
Forum Stats
22906 Members
36 Forums
35571 Topics
432473 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 6 of 10 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >
Topic Options
#403962 - 08/18/08 08:42 PM Re: I want to fight Anderson Silva [Re: Dereck]
TridentOne Offline

I want to fight Anderson Cooper.

#403963 - 08/18/08 11:36 PM Re: I want to fight Anderson Silva [Re: TridentOne]
JasonM Offline
Professional Poster

Wouldn't it be wild if Silva read this post and posted himself to accept? Then what Chen?

#403964 - 08/19/08 07:35 AM Re: I want to fight Anderson Silva [Re: JasonM]
Tom2199 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: England
I think the first thing he needs to do is find a good club, when i started BJJ i didn't want to just train with anyone i wanted o train with the best. That is why im part of team Lagarto and not training at a crappy second rate gym with bad tuition. I went back there today as i wanted extra training and absolutely dominated people on the floor and i don't even train No Gi. Goes to show you what a good team can do for you in a few months.

#403965 - 08/21/08 05:24 PM Re: I want to fight Anderson Silva [Re: Cord]
Chen Zen Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Ms
Arrogant and deluded? Thanks Cord. Truth be told, Ive had much more go on since then. Home invaders, shootings, court, blah blah blah, but none of that matters, because my life still goes on. Its not fuel for the fire or any kind of driving force. I want to fight Silva for the same reasons I would like to fight Couture, Liddell, GSP, and others. I want to fight the best in the world. I train to fight the best, as best I can.

So what have I done since posting this? Took a few days off, reworked my training schedule, due to the advice of Cord, and I went and talked to jeff again. His gym is to far for me to train so Ive since talked to another gym thats closer to me. I'll train there, for the next 60 to ninety days, and have my first fight.

Someone said,"What if Anderson himself responded here"

I WISH. Lot less work for me to reach the dreams that I have.

Like it was said by Jude, who I would like to thank for such a civil response when most here would rather bash and name call, it doesnt matter if I win or lose. If I lost to him right now, what would change in my life? Other than my training and trainers likely not much. Maybe a little more public notice but thats all. If I win however, it changes everything.

#403966 - 08/21/08 05:34 PM Re: I want to fight Anderson Silva [Re: Chen Zen]
BrianS Offline
Higher rank than you
Professional Poster

Loc: Northwest Arkansas
Cory,

I'm not sure what you expected as far as responses by posting that you want to fight the ufc champ. I think people have been relatively gracious. Post that at bs.com and see what happens,lol.

If you are good enough to beat the guys you named you will steamroll through the competetion all in the first round without a scratch.

Keep us posted on your progress. If at all possible I'd like to be there for your first fight.

#403967 - 08/21/08 05:34 PM Re: I want to fight Anderson Silva [Re: Chen Zen]
Chen Zen Offline
Professional Poster

Also I wanted to say that I went back and watched the Henderson fight again and a few of his other fights I was able to find. He didnt stick to his plan and he didnt fight Silva the way he fights most fights and I believe that was what cost him the fight.

We he was pressing the attack he was doing good. When he wasnt, he ate alot of kicks because he didnt stay out of andersons kicking range. When they grappled he did good with side control, and the hammerfists and inside elbows were working for him also. However, he didnt go for a single submission attempt and he didnt have any submission defence. He rolled one time to try to escape before being choked out. I would have expected more from an olympic level wrestler.His punches were good, especially the overhand right. He should have kept pressing the issue on the inside and when he wasnt getting the better end of the exchange back out-completely to stay out of kick range, or went for the takedown an GnP or Sub, IMO.

Ive noticed alot lately about Anderson that I do myself, some good and some bad. For instance the time he takes to gauge an opponent, and he seems to be a counter fighter mostly, like me. We have nearly the same build, he has about 1 inch on me. Id say the biggest difference between us is that he dedicates alot to his attacks. He looks for the one shot ko, he does alot of dedicated and dynamic moves like flying knees, head level kicks, and spinning backfists. I think things like that are bad ideas for the most part, and I think Henderson was right when he said "Anderson has had alot of good matchups for Anderson"

I believe I would be a bad matchup for him. Hopefully we will see.

#403968 - 08/21/08 05:40 PM Re: I want to fight Anderson Silva [Re: BrianS]
Chen Zen Offline
Professional Poster

Im not sure what I expected either Brian, however, I do my best not to name call and belittle people, though it does happen. Honestly had you or someone else here said the things that Ive said I believe my post may have been pretty similar to Judes. Id be supportive, and I definately wouldnt talk down to someone I felt was a friend like several people have done to me. Id tell them good luck and give the best advice possible. I wouldnt belittle them or try to crush there hopes by telling them they would get smashes since Ive never met or seen them before in my life other than on a internet forum. Whats the old saying about making assumptions? Makes you an ass or something like that right? I never underestimate anyone, because I try not to be so foolish.

Brian, I would be honored if you were at my fight, and in my corner.

#403969 - 08/21/08 05:44 PM Re: I want to fight Anderson Silva [Re: Chen Zen]
Dereck Offline
Prolific

Loc: Great White North
Nothing wrong with dreams and trying to make them real. Make sure you set some goals for yourself and make sure they are SMART goals (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic and Timely).

With Anderson Silva you've set your goals high; very high. Are they attainable or realistic; perhaps not. Wanting to fight the best in the world; somebody that fights MMA of course should be shooting for this or why do it.

Again I think if you had approached this differently and did not come off the way you did plus showed respect for many already proven in the MMA world then I think you would have found much more support. This post almost seems softer and more tolerable which means a more approachable Chen.

I hope that once you start training that you train hard towards your first MMA bout. I hope that that leads to further training and further bouts. I even hope that you win and have a successful go at it and you do get noticed by the UFC. I hope you find what you are looking for Chen.

#403970 - 08/21/08 05:55 PM Re: I want to fight Anderson Silva [Re: Chen Zen]
BrianS Offline
Higher rank than you
Professional Poster

Loc: Northwest Arkansas
Quote:

Im not sure what I expected either Brian, however, I do my best not to name call and belittle people, though it does happen. Honestly had you or someone else here said the things that Ive said I believe my post may have been pretty similar to Judes. Id be supportive, and I definately wouldnt talk down to someone I felt was a friend like several people have done to me. Id tell them good luck and give the best advice possible. I wouldnt belittle them or try to crush there hopes by telling them they would get smashes since Ive never met or seen them before in my life other than on a internet forum. Whats the old saying about making assumptions? Makes you an ass or something like that right? I never underestimate anyone, because I try not to be so foolish.

Brian, I would be honored if you were at my fight, and in my corner.

Ofcourse, I think we're in close enough proximity to make it happen. Where will you train(pm if you want)? I'd like to see and possibly help. You never know I might have something to teach you. Atleast I could hold the pads!
If you are ever over this way I have an excellent place for you to train and some very good guys to hook you up with. A friend of mine did send a guy to the ufc. There is a pic of them on our wall with them and Ken Shamrock. He won too!
We have a large mat that used to belong to the Ft.Smith boys club, lots of heavy bags, throwing and grappling bags, gloves,etc....
I'll be honest with you though. Anderson Sylva would put me in the hospital in about 30seconds.

#403971 - 08/22/08 07:18 AM Re: I want to fight Anderson Silva [Re: BrianS]
Tom2199 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: England
Chen the only reason i was so harsh with my reply was because like many we see it as a bit of an insult to belittle world class fighters who clearly deserve respect for their sill level.

Page 6 of 10 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

Moderator:  Cord, Fletch1, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Ryukyu Art
Artifacts from the Ryukyu Kingdom missing since WWII. Visit www.ShisaLion.Org to view pictures

Best Stun Guns
Self Defense Products-stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and more

Surveillance 4U
Complete surveillance systems for covert operations or secure installation security

Asylum Images
Book presents photo tour of the Trans-Allegany Lunatic Asylum. A must if you're going to take a ghost tour!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga