FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 34 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
old1, Leonar, ManLar, Vimido, raya
22925 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
futsaowingchun 3
Ronin1966 3
GojuRyuboy13 2
AndyLA 1
Victor Smith 1
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
New Topics
The Classic Pak Sao drill
by futsaowingchun
10/20/14 10:32 AM
wing chun kicks and knees
by futsaowingchun
10/09/14 12:55 AM
2014 European Championships Juniors: the Gallery
by ergees
10/05/14 10:56 AM
Tan,Bong,Fuk & Wu Sao
by futsaowingchun
09/30/14 12:10 AM
Living a full life violence free...
by GojuRyuboy13
09/25/14 08:50 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
Leo's Judo Journal
by Leo_E_49
01/24/12 02:58 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by
05/13/07 08:02 AM
Recent Posts
Living a full life violence free...
by GojuRyuboy13
10/22/14 07:20 AM
The Classic Pak Sao drill
by futsaowingchun
10/20/14 10:32 AM
Leo's Judo Journal
by swordy
10/11/14 09:21 AM
The Karate punch
by Ronin1966
10/09/14 03:16 PM
wing chun kicks and knees
by futsaowingchun
10/09/14 12:55 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Ronin1966
10/08/14 09:22 PM
2014 European Championships Juniors: the Gallery
by ergees
10/05/14 10:56 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by AndyLA
10/04/14 10:20 AM
Tan,Bong,Fuk & Wu Sao
by futsaowingchun
09/30/14 12:10 AM
Forum Stats
22925 Members
36 Forums
35582 Topics
432510 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 8 of 10 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 >
Topic Options
#403982 - 08/29/08 02:57 PM Re: I want to fight Anderson Silva [Re: BrianS]
Dereck Offline
Prolific

Loc: Great White North
Quote:

I lived most of my life in violence either from the outside world or within my own home and out of all the fights Ive had, 99.8 percent of them were started by the other guy. I didnt grow up in nice neighborhoods, in fact, I grew up in the same area as Rampage Jackson, and when I wasnt out on the streets I was at home getting beat down. No man will ever beat me down again.

Chen, you said this like it is to mean something but this holds no water. There are many tough kids that grew up similar and are not worth spit while there are kids that grew up in good homes with good neighborhoods and they are tough as nails. While environments may play a small role they don't make up for the individual.

This is not a story I haven't heard before and as I lived some of this that has dictated how I live my life now, I can most certainly respect and feel for you. No person deserves to be beat down growing up. This puts a lot of anger in people and I count myself including. I can tell you it does no good and I've seen it first hand but I have found some focuses in life to "aid" in making life for myself in my wife/daughter better; better then I was earlier on.

I hope you do train and you do find a focus for this as you do sound angry and you do sound like you are carrying baggage. I hope you do well and I hope all of your dreams come true. But YOU will have to make the difference. So start training and get off the pot. If this angers you and makes you want to prove me and the world wrong then good; use that as fuel. But don't sit around saying you are going to do something when you haven't even begun. Jump in and get at it. Train, fight, train, fight ... rinse and repeat.

#403983 - 08/29/08 03:40 PM Re: I want to fight Anderson Silva [Re: Chen Zen]
Supremor Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: UK
Quote:

The truth is I dont have to justify myself to anyone, and I have nothing to prove, to you or myself.

Yes you do, you've got to go beat Anderson Silva. Good luck

#403984 - 08/29/08 05:10 PM Re: I want to fight Anderson Silva [Re: BrianS]
Spade Offline

Loc: Auburn, Al.
"Your cocky ass attitude [censored] me off honestly. "

Yeah, I think that the "Cocky Attitude" is the problem to begin with...

#403985 - 08/29/08 09:53 PM Re: I want to fight Anderson Silva [Re: Spade]
Tom2199 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: England
dont give me he was cocky this and cocky that, when someone makes such a bold statement you can be guaranteed there's someone there to test them on it and rightly so. im just glad this forum has people like BrianS, Cord and Dereck. They do the dirty work i cant be bothered to at the end of the day. as you can see Chen no one wants you to fail they really dont they wouldn't get any enjoyment out of it. if you are willing to put yourself out their and beat the best then god speed. trust me i have thought about going into pro thaiboxing many times but at the end of the day i only did the pro fights for the experience, im not from a bad background family wise i only learnt the hard way from getting some bad situations on the street and i aint from a bad area i just have had a bad run in with alot of people and im not one to stand down.

To be honest now its all abou the BJJ for me, im with a good team and am using my natural ability there, iv never wanted to be a big superstar i don't think my life has ever pointed that way, at most ill be good at what i do and train the fighters who want to compete that's where iv always been the best. i just want to start a family and live life as it is, being a full time fighter aint for me mate lets admit the pay is [censored] unless you make it big! update us soon mate a video would be great maybe of some of your MMA fights remember... even if you lose you can still learn more than that from anything it doesn't mean anything. Anyway i hope im not waffling im actually quite drunk and its late...

#403986 - 08/30/08 10:15 AM Re: I want to fight Anderson Silva [Re: Chen Zen]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Loc: Cambridge UK.
Quote:

If you dont think I can do it, its no sweat off my sack, pal.

Evidently it is pal, or you wouldn't have spewed all this manure over the forum.

Quote:

If I believe I have him beaten, what do I stand to gain? Was that your question? Are you serious?

Yes. Care to answer?

Quote:

Look, you could say all day long that Im going to lose. That doesnt change my training, my goals, or the fact that I WILL WIN if I ever get a chance.

Can I borrow that crystal ball before next weeks lottery please?

Quote:

All you know is what you see here, you dont know my past, my strengths or weaknesses and its not something that Im going to post about and make myself look like a VTG to justify myself to you- a person whom Ive never met.

None of it would relate to fighting someone of Sylva's class in a caged sport environment, so none of it would validate your argument to me.

Quote:

The truth is I dont have to justify myself to anyone, and I have nothing to prove, to you or myself.

Then I ask again, why get pi$$y about my reaction, and why do you want the fight in the first place?
Nothing to prove my hairy a$$. If you cant be honest on here, at least be honest with yourself.

Quote:

Also, I think perhaps you should reread a few things. Yeah,Anderson fights in a cage and I dont. But Imposing your will is imposing your will, cage or no cage.

i never contradicted you on this, you contradicted you.

Quote:

And let me tell you something else, just because Ive had a rocky past doesnt mean I go bar to bar picking fights or that Ive never had fights against talented fighters.

How many world class professional athletes have you fought thus far?

Quote:

I lived most of my life in violence either from the outside world or within my own home and out of all the fights Ive had, 99.8 percent of them were started by the other guy.

If you respond to people in RL like you have on this thread, the fact that you have been swung at a lot does not suprise me

Quote:

I didnt grow up in nice neighborhoods, in fact, I grew up in the same area as Rampage Jackson, and when I wasnt out on the streets I was at home getting beat down. No man will ever beat me down again.

I am sorry you had it tough, truly I am, but Rampage's neighbourhood, his street violence and his drive simply didn't stop Griffin, an ex-cop from a quiet town, handing hm his a$$. Life is not a rocky montage, it sounds like you know this more than most, so dont expect life in the cage to be any smoother.

Quote:

Your cocky ass attitude [censored] me off honestly.

Mr Pot, please meet Mr Kettle.

Quote:

You would call me arrogant yet you would make assumptions regarding things you know nothing about.

And yet, my opinion so obviously matters to you. Go figure

Quote:

And as for MMA talk, its just talk when its on the forum, but its for real when its for real

Couldnt agree more. exactly how many MMA fights have you had thus far again?

Quote:

I was telling most of you that you need to be training MMA you guys were talking about Bunkai, so wtf ever man.

Not me, I was throwing tough guys out of bars- there's a lot of 'em about you know.

Quote:

Brian is going to make it to my first fight, when he does, Ill let him tell you Im the real deal.

I genuinely hope you do well, but more importantly, I hope you manage to be pleasant to Brian when you meet, because, whilst always a fiery one, your basic nature appears to have been irreprebably damaged by an angry arrogance.

It doesnt matter who you beat in the cage if you become a poorer human being for the experience.

I am not your enemy. I dont wish you anything but luck and success. Everyone on here has said the same. And everyone who has been beaten in every sport and every fight in history has had the same self belief as you. $hit happens.

Just a question to finish with- what If you lose your first MMA match? As it is not happening purely in your brain, there is a 50/50 chance of this happening?

You see the problem with an 'iron will' is that Iron can be very brittle if not tempered properly.

Food for thought.

#403987 - 09/01/08 04:59 PM Re: I want to fight Anderson Silva [Re: Cord]
Chen Zen Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Ms
Let me start by saying RIP John Clifton Robertson 1939 2008
He was buried the day I last responded, my apologies for being more "Fiery" than usual.

Cord, to be honest with you, Ive felt like every response that you've made here, from the first one, has been a personal attack. You would make it sound as if that because Im not signed to a worldwide promotion that somehow I must not have any skill or talent or chance against those who have already made it there. You would also make it appear that Im some streetfighting punk, fighting other punks, like Im some internet poser. From our past conversations over the years you should know this is far from the case.

Id like to think that had this conversation been in spoken word that it would be more civil and I would like to think that perhaps we've both misinterpreted things here, and its in that spirit that I continue to answer you now.

So what do I stand to gain by beating Anderson? Invaluable experience above anything else. Win or lose Ive learned something from the best in the world.

What happens if I lose my first fight? I keep fighting. Im not afraid to lose. Im only bothere by it if I ont learn from it.

So what have I done since my last post? Little, due to the death of my Grandfather and now the death of my uncle as well, RIP Tommy Barron.

Some of you had said stop talking and start training. To you I say this, Ive been training nearly twwenty years. Also I would implore you to count my posts over the past six months to a year. They are very few, especially compared to you daily posters.

Cord, Ive always valued your opinions, and our friendship here. With that, Id like to say, perhaps we should start this conversation over, with a renewed sense of respect and patience.

#403988 - 09/02/08 03:09 AM Re: I want to fight Anderson Silva [Re: Chen Zen]
BrianS Offline
Higher rank than you
Professional Poster

Loc: Northwest Arkansas
Chen,

I'm sorry to hear about your recent losses. My condolences to you and your family.

Did you check out the gym you told me about? Do they train authentic fighters?

Anytime you are in my area be sure to give me a buzz!

#403989 - 09/02/08 05:09 AM Re: I want to fight Anderson Silva [Re: Chen Zen]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Loc: Cambridge UK.
Quote:

Let me start by saying RIP John Clifton Robertson 1939 2008
He was buried the day I last responded, my apologies for being more "Fiery" than usual.

I too said goodbye to a family member last friday, my condolences to you and yours.

Quote:

Cord, to be honest with you, Ive felt like every response that you've made here, from the first one, has been a personal attack.

Not so. Come on Chen, if anyone else on here had opened a thread with your 1st post, you would have responded in a similar way.

Quote:

You would make it sound as if that because Im not signed to a worldwide promotion that somehow I must not have any skill or talent or chance against those who have already made it there.

I am not saying you have no skill, or talent. I am saying that you are not yet a professional athlete, and having not fought in a professional environment, you are not yet in a position to take for granted the level of dominance you have given yourself in your mind. Not every olympic boxing champ thrives as a pro, there are thousands of talented college football players who dont make the cut for the NFL, or who have lousy rookie seasons, and there are some fantastic club runners who would be 20 minutes off the pace at the front of the NY marathon.

Quote:

You would also make it appear that Im some streetfighting punk, fighting other punks, like Im some internet poser.

You are the one who has referenced your many real world altercations as evidence of your fighting ablity, not I. I would have been more interested to hear you talk about your JKD training experience, but there you go. i can only respond to what you say cant I?

Quote:

From our past conversations over the years you should know this is far from the case.

But from past conversations, you should really look at what you have said on here, how you responded to Dereck, and to me, and ask yourself if this thread is not some monumental brain-fart on your part. Its very out of character, hence my initial probing regarding your state of mind.

Quote:

Id like to think that had this conversation been in spoken word that it would be more civil and I would like to think that perhaps we've both misinterpreted things here, and its in that spirit that I continue to answer you now.

fair enough Chen, but I really dont see where there has been any misinterperetation, I just think its an old fashioned disagreement.

Quote:

So what do I stand to gain by beating Anderson? Invaluable experience above anything else. Win or lose Ive learned something from the best in the world.

Huge step on your part. 1. you acknowledge the possibility of defeat. 2. you acknowledge his ability. If you had started out talking like this, you would have got less reaction from all.

Quote:

What happens if I lose my first fight? I keep fighting. Im not afraid to lose. Im only bothere by it if I ont learn from it.

Further change. More realistic than 'no man will ever beat me again'

Quote:

Some of you had said stop talking and start training. To you I say this, Ive been training nearly twwenty years. Also I would implore you to count my posts over the past six months to a year. They are very few, especially compared to you daily posters.

20 years training can be seen as either a plus or negative- you have to be in your early 30's right? Pretty late in life to begin having aspirations as a professional fighter.

Quote:

Cord, Ive always valued your opinions, and our friendship here. With that, Id like to say, perhaps we should start this conversation over, with a renewed sense of respect and patience.

Post some more stuff that is worthy of respect and doesn't try my patience and we will be back on track

i wish you luck in all you do Chen, and I hope that your life in the cage goes as you hope it will, and that is the truth. No one wants to hit you up for free PPV event tickets more than me , its just that a lot of what you believe is still based on factors you have no direct experience of.
Every top pro-athlete in the world shows the same dedication and will to win, even the guy in last place at the olympics 100m sweated his guts out to get there and gave it his all.
Its worth pointing out that he ran the distance faster than all but 7 people in the world that day, yet looked 'slow' on the telly.
The talented can look mundane against the exceptional, and that is worth thinking on the next time you analyze a Sylva fight.

Peace.

Edited by Cord (09/02/08 05:15 AM)

#403990 - 09/02/08 09:26 AM Re: I want to fight Anderson Silva [Re: Cord]
JasonM Offline
Professional Poster

Chen,

I am curious and wondering is it possible for you to try out for TUFF/UFC house?

Maybe that would get ya in the door. But I am not sure what it involves to qualify for TUFF.

#403991 - 09/02/08 07:07 PM Re: I want to fight Anderson Silva [Re: JasonM]
Chen Zen Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Ms
Jason, I thought of that myself, but I have yet to have the time to research it. I first thought of it when I saw that there were a few fighters there with no record at all. I believe Amir had no record and now he has a contract!

Brian, no I havent due to the recent death of my grandfather and uncle. I plan to get in there this week.

Cord, Im almost thirty, not quiet. And it may be late, but its been a lifelong dream and I only recently had the opportunity to pursue it in a professional manner. Also I had a lot of recovery time after breaking my neck a few years ago so I wasnt comfortable with the idea just yet. Today, I feel stronger than ever.

How would I reacted had someone else posted this? Its hard to say, it really depens on who it was, and how much respect I held for that person. Id like to think though, that I would give the best advice possible, and wish them luck. Then that way, if they got in, they might put in a word for me!

Cord, I also would like to send you my condolenses(sp?). Family death is a hard thing to face and I wish you the best, and also offer that life is short, as proven by our late family members. Life is short, so we must make the most of every moment, and we should remember this when we engage in things as petty as internet arguements that serve no purpose but to waste our time. Peace out!

Oh, and we can have that JKD experience talk whenever your ready!

Page 8 of 10 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 >

Moderator:  Cord, Fletch1, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Ryukyu Art
Artifacts from the Ryukyu Kingdom missing since WWII. Visit www.ShisaLion.Org to view pictures

Best Stun Guns
Self Defense Products-stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and more

Surveillance 4U
Complete surveillance systems for covert operations or secure installation security

Asylum Images
Book presents photo tour of the Trans-Allegany Lunatic Asylum. A must if you're going to take a ghost tour!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga