FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 66 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Shanktotheright, royal, bobgalle100011, agenonline, TooNice
22862 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Dobbersky 3
THEFOREVERMAN 3
MattJ 2
royal 2
cxt 1
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
New Topics
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by Marcus Charles
03/24/14 04:39 PM
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by Dobbersky
03/20/14 05:45 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
AKK kata question
by
09/04/05 01:27 PM
Recent Posts
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by THEFOREVERMAN
04/16/14 08:22 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by THEFOREVERMAN
04/16/14 08:20 AM
AKK kata question
by MattJ
04/04/14 05:45 PM
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Forum Stats
22862 Members
36 Forums
35546 Topics
432378 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9 10 >
Topic Options
#403932 - 08/08/08 10:41 AM Re: I want to fight Anderson Silva [Re: Chen Zen]
Neko456 Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Midwest City, Ok, USA
I believe you can do it too, by the way whats your real name I want to put some Insurance on ya, just in case you don't make it. But hell I'll promote that fight. You can do it I know you can. By the way how tall are you just case,maybe I can save a couple dollars on your casket or maybe we can get ya cremated and put in a nice urn.

I can see that now Andersen Silva Vs. Chen Zen!! What a fight.

I need to decided do I want a Red Porsche 911 Turbo or a Black GTR. Decisons decisons humm. I'm all over this Chen Zen you my man, you can do it if you survive AS we can drop weight and fight GSP. That will be another policy or maybe a side bet but its all for you man, I've got your back. Buddy I want in on that, you can do it!!!

Edited by Neko456 (08/08/08 10:47 AM)

#403933 - 08/08/08 11:19 AM Re: I want to fight Anderson Silva [Re: Neko456]
BrianS Offline
Higher rank than you
Professional Poster

Loc: Northwest Arkansas
Quote:

I need to decided do I want a Red Porsche 911 Turbo or a Black GTR.

Neko,

I've decided that you are probably hooked on alot of things and phonics isn't one of them.

#403934 - 08/08/08 12:34 PM Re: I want to fight Anderson Silva [Re: BrianS]
Dereck Offline
Prolific

Loc: Great White North
Funny Brian.

Chen, I know that you probably are discouraged with the postings and lack of support however I believe that you approached this the wrong way. You are telling everybody that you could beat Anderson Silva (people please spell it right; the man deserves it) however you yourself are saying you have lack of skills. As well you have little to no experience in the MMA world and it seems like you feel that since you've had street fights that you claim you've never been beaten that that some how relates to fighting in the cage. Plus you have yet shown that you've even had a MMA fight which if you did it would be so simple to proved. Just type your name in Sherdog or any other similar fight site and then link it back here to prove to us that you have a record and have actually had a fight.

I have no problem if people have dreams. If people want to work hard to become something then I am all for it and I would back anybody on that; especially you. However dreams are one thing and reality is another and you may need to wake up. Having little respect for some of the fighters that were beaten by Silva doesn't bode well let alone believing that your level, which we have no clue really what it is, could match Silva. People aren't buying it and neither am I.

Work hard and if you want to get to the UFC then do it. Don't say you fight MMA, actually do it. Go to a good gym and learn. Get on some fight cards with some of the venues in your area. Work hard and prove your worth and then maybe, maybe, you will get the call to to to the UFC, or Affliction and you can work your way to the top and fight the belt holder. Then you can thank the people that trained you, thank your family, thank God for all I care, and then tell the world you did it and [censored] all of the people that didn't believe you.

So what's it going to be?

#403935 - 08/08/08 01:21 PM Re: I want to fight Anderson Silva [Re: Dereck]
bo-ken Offline
Veteran

Loc: beaver falls, PA, beaver
Chen I haven't ever seen you fight so I can't say at all. But I have seen Silva fight and he is one of the best in the world. Fight in a bigger show or else we can't tell.

#403936 - 08/08/08 05:10 PM Re: I want to fight Anderson Silva [Re: Chen Zen]
janxspirit Offline

Quote:

Ive watched alot of his fights. They say he is the best in the world pound for pound. I think they are mistaken though he is quiet good. He seems yto plant his legs firmly, looking for power in his fists and Ive yet to see anyone tryo to clinch and knee/elbow him ala Muay Thai though he has been successful doing so to others. I need sponsors. Ive been back to training very heavily which is why I havent been here much. I believe at 185 I could do it. Any ideas on how I might speed up the process to getting to this event?

My dad once told me that he thought he could out-box Sugar Ray Leonard.

That's one of the craziest things he ever said to me.

#403937 - 08/08/08 05:29 PM Re: I want to fight Anderson Silva [Re: janxspirit]
Neko456 Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Midwest City, Ok, USA
Janxspirit wrote - My dad once told me that he thought he could out-box Sugar Ray Leonard.
That's one of the craziest things he ever said to me.
---------------------------------------------------
Just looking Couch Quarterbacking/MMAing, everybody makes mistakes the things is are quick enough to take advanatge of them before they knock you out.

One of the reason most people don't clinch with A.S. is thats one of his strong suits and you have to take some to get in that close, by then your'e in no shape to control.

Like Tyson stated, "Everybody got a plan until they get HIT!!!"

I think A.Silva can be beat but you can't go in there half stepping or you will be carried out. His victory over Dan Henderson sealed it for me, that guys a Tank, and was choked out. Wrestling/grappling was Dan's strong suit.

#403938 - 08/08/08 05:44 PM Re: I want to fight Anderson Silva [Re: Neko456]
Dereck Offline
Prolific

Exactly my point. Silva has fought some tough people with certain attributes which are their strong point and he's beaten them at their own game. Silva is not one to be taken lightly by any fighter and especially somebody that has never had a sanctioned MMA fight and feels from watching the fights on TV he sees flaws and says he could beat him.

#403939 - 08/09/08 12:25 PM Re: I want to fight Anderson Silva [Re: Dereck]
Chen Zen Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Ms
Well, where to start. First dont get your panties in a twist if i ont answer you immediately since I dont have a cpu or internet of my own anymore. It takes time. Second, its extremely disrespectful and ignorant to say that this guy or that guy would wipe the floor with me when you have no idea who I am or what I am capable of. I wonder how many of you would have said the same things to chuck liddell or anderson before they were the big names that they are now. Everybody that is somebody now was a nobody once.

As for my weaknesses, every fighter has weakness, but that doesnt make them weak. You are naturally going to be better at some areas than others.

I said I want to fight him. I didnt say it would be easy, but I believe I stand a chance against any man out there.Every dog has his day, and at any given moments its any mans fight.

Why dont I go to K1? Simple, the fighters arent complete. You cant fight one range and say that you are. You need all three ranges. Standup is not MMA.

As for my MMA fight record. Ive one two fights in the Tunica toughman competition and two in the Memphis Judo and Jujitsu tourneys. Each competition had less than five hundred spectators. Small small events. Neither of which are considered MMA though they contain aspects of MMA fights. You want to check up on me D, do the work yourself. Besides Im not very cpu savvy.

Cord, you once told me the same thing about my weight training in regards to the volume, and you were right then so perhaps you are right now. Ill get back to you and let you know.

I watched the lutter fight again last night. Very sloppy takedown attempts. Even with that he was able to take him own a number of times and could have pounded him out if he didnt take a sloppy attempt at the armbar instead.

Jason Macdonald- Not bad, even though he tapped out BETWEEN rounds. If he made it past the round, he should have kept going in the next. Just my opinion.

Anyways, The people who do know me are very supportive and very optimistic to the idea, so I plan to go forward with my plans. I will make it and when I do, Ill give a shout out to FA, and to my friends here.

Until then, Later haters

#403940 - 08/09/08 02:21 PM Re: I want to fight Anderson Silva [Re: Chen Zen]
Taison Offline
The Forum Dragon
Professional Poster

Loc: BKK, Thailand
Cory,

Give him a nice slap on the face and say it's from Taison, and he says that Vanderlei is 10x cooler than him.

-Donnie

#403941 - 08/09/08 02:41 PM Re: I want to fight Anderson Silva [Re: Chen Zen]
Dereck Offline
Prolific

Quote:

its extremely disrespectful and ignorant to say that this guy or that guy would wipe the floor with me when you have no idea who I am or what I am capable of.

Would that be the same you saying you were not impressed with Dan Henderson, Marqardt, Irvin and Lutter (your words "whatever"). These guys have proven themselves as MMA fighters and have trained MMA, have come up in the ranks of MMA, fought guys in MMA and continue to fight MMA.

Quote:

As for my weaknesses, every fighter has weakness, but that doesnt make them weak. You are naturally going to be better at some areas than others.

Correct however this cannot be said for yourself as of yet can it?

Quote:

As for my MMA fight record. Ive one two fights in the Tunica toughman competition and two in the Memphis Judo and Jujitsu tourneys.

So you are saying you have "no" MMA experience what so ever; correct? Hence unable to provide a link to your record. Don't worry though, I don't have record either and I've competed in Jujitsu tournaments as well. But Jujitsu and toughman competitions "are not" MMA and until you are in the ring/cage up against a MMA fighter, you will truly never know what it is like and what your real game is; strong or weak.

And "training" MMA is not fighting MMA. I know that because I have trained MMA at my old school, though be it very little compared to others though many aspects regularly; as many of them had fought MMA and some still continue. I just choose not to fight MMA and why with my new school that offers a 1 hour MMA class and has a MMA fight team, I opt out at this time and only take the 1 hour BJJ and 1 hour Muay Thai classes as those are my primary focuses at this time, this time at my age and my mind set. However if I wanted to fight MMA I could have a match either through this new club or my old with in the MFC, Fight Club or even KOTC but again not for me and I can admit that. I am not a MMA fighter and never will be. I like the training aspects of it but that is it.

Quote:

Jason Macdonald- Not bad, even though he tapped out BETWEEN rounds. If he made it past the round, he should have kept going in the next. Just my opinion.

Jason is an outstanding MMA fighter and all around athlete. My Instructor has trained a lot with him and has high respect as do other MMA fighters that he regularly trains with, gets invited to camps, not to mention the guys he's beat. If this doesn't tell you something then you have missed the point. Jason is a seasoned and "proven" fighter that you would be lucky to even get a chance of competing with let a lone beat. He fought Franklin and could not start the third round because Franklin is tough; very tough. Anderson Silva beat him twice in what I would says is a beat down. If that doesn't tell you how good Silva is and you even think you could stand against him, I would suggest you get on some meds or something because you've totally lost it.

Quote:

Anyways, The people who do know me are very supportive and very optimistic to the idea, so I plan to go forward with my plans. I will make it and when I do, Ill give a shout out to FA, and to my friends here

Good for you, go for it. Prove me wrong. If that happens I will formally apologize for doubting you and you can publicly say "I told you so doubter". But until then, until you even have your first MMA fight, let alone multiple fights that get you noticed, that get you a shot at lower on the ladder UFC type fighters till you get a tile shot ... you have nothing to talk about or say you "think" you could beat Silva or any other MMA fighter on the UFC roster for that matter.

Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9 10 >

Moderator:  Cord, Fletch1, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Ryukyu Art
Artifacts from the Ryukyu Kingdom missing since WWII. Visit www.ShisaLion.Org to view pictures

Best Stun Guns
Self Defense Products-stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and more

Surveillance 4U
Complete surveillance systems for covert operations or secure installation security

Asylum Images
Book presents photo tour of the Trans-Allegany Lunatic Asylum. A must if you're going to take a ghost tour!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga