FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 31 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bartfast, ZapEm, AndyLA, danacohenn, ksusanc
22906 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Dobbersky 8
AndyLA 5
Ed_Morris 4
VDJ 2
FrankyFruits 2
August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
New Topics
Chum Kiu 2nd section applications
by futsaowingchun
08/20/14 09:54 PM
2013 World Championship Rio: The Gallery (HD)
by ergees
08/19/14 05:22 AM
Chi Sao demonstration
by futsaowingchun
08/14/14 10:57 PM
Decent Fight channel
by FrankyFruits
08/07/14 09:19 PM
2014 European Championships Cadets Athens: Videos
by ergees
08/07/14 10:00 AM
Life goes on....
by Dobbersky
08/07/14 05:59 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:14 AM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
Recent Posts
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Ed_Morris
Yesterday at 09:58 PM
The Karate punch
by Ed_Morris
Yesterday at 09:27 PM
Chum Kiu 2nd section applications
by futsaowingchun
08/20/14 09:54 PM
2013 World Championship Rio: The Gallery (HD)
by ergees
08/19/14 05:22 AM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by VDJ
08/15/14 05:46 PM
Chi Sao demonstration
by futsaowingchun
08/14/14 10:57 PM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by Dobbersky
08/11/14 05:03 AM
Decent Fight channel
by FrankyFruits
08/07/14 09:19 PM
2014 European Championships Cadets Athens: Videos
by ergees
08/07/14 10:00 AM
Life goes on....
by Dobbersky
08/07/14 05:59 AM
Forum Stats
22906 Members
36 Forums
35571 Topics
432477 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... 9 10 >
Topic Options
#403912 - 08/05/08 07:28 PM I want to fight Anderson Silva
Chen Zen Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Ms
Ive watched alot of his fights. They say he is the best in the world pound for pound. I think they are mistaken though he is quiet good. He seems yto plant his legs firmly, looking for power in his fists and Ive yet to see anyone tryo to clinch and knee/elbow him ala Muay Thai though he has been successful doing so to others. I need sponsors. Ive been back to training very heavily which is why I havent been here much. I believe at 185 I could do it. Any ideas on how I might speed up the process to getting to this event?

#403913 - 08/05/08 08:26 PM Re: I want to fight Anderson Silva [Re: Chen Zen]
Dereck Offline
Prolific

Loc: Great White North
You're kidding right? Well first you must have some fights already under your belt to prove you have what it takes to be a top fighter. Then you will need a good promoter with ins with the fighting world and that has the ear of the UFC. Once you've been given a chance and can prove your worth then you can make your way up the line to a title defense.

I don't personally know Jason MacDonald however my Instructor does and I can tell you that Jason is a superb and proven fighter that had to continue to fight in many of the smaller venues before he got to the UFC and that was always his goal. It took years and a lot of training and a lot of sacrifice. For most that will never happen so those that do can count themselves lucky. Good fighter and good promoter and a proven record and perhaps you'll get into the UFC with no guarantee that you will remain there or even get a title shot.

So what is your record Chen?

#403914 - 08/06/08 07:22 AM Re: I want to fight Anderson Silva [Re: Dereck]
Tom2199 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: England
I thought u just lifted weights anyway, generally the muay thai in america isnt exactly great what camp are you training with? ala elbows are not exactly the easyest thing to land you need to be clinch fighting loads and generally silva is good at that thats why you dont see anyone beating him at it.

If you want to get to the UFC get a good camp with contacts
Miletich
American Top Team
Brazilian Top Team
Team Punishment
Greg Jacksons Camp
MFS
Team Quest

Anything else and your just kidding yourself really, when i started training MMA i went to Legacy Gym Thailand with Ole Baguio Laursen and spent a month there. im not going to compete i just wanted some good training, not only is he a good trainer and fighter but can promote his fighters well. if i was gonna compete K1 or MMA i would live out there for atleast 5-7 months (4-6 hours training a day) to prepare for my first bout then maybe have another fight a month later if i won. you need a good record against good opponants for any of the big promotors to touch you.

anyway planting your feet for good striking is mandatory, if it was a fallback someone would have taken silva down by now he obviously knows what hes doing...

#403915 - 08/06/08 07:45 AM Re: I want to fight Anderson Silva [Re: Dereck]
shills11 Offline

Loc: Glasgow Scotland
Good luck,
you didnt mention his grappling skills though.
Did you see what he did to Dan Henderson?
I Dont know what you're credentials are, do they compare to his?
Henderson holds victorys over

Vitor Belfort
Antonio Rodrigo Noguera
Wanderli Silva
Carlos Newton
Renato Sobral
Renzo Gracie
Murilo Rua..........

To name a few. Have you fought anyone at this level?

As I said at the begining good luck, at least nobody can say you lack ambition, self belief or confidence.

#403916 - 08/06/08 08:03 AM Re: I want to fight Anderson Silva [Re: Chen Zen]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Loc: Cambridge UK.
Quote:

I need sponsors.

OK, I will sponsor you 100 per time you drop him. I would sponsor you 1 per time he drops you, but i dont have that kind of cash

Quote:

Ive been back to training very heavily which is why I havent been here much. I believe at 185 I could do it. Any ideas on how I might speed up the process to getting to this event?

What Tom said. Make the leap and go train with a pro MMA team. Impress them, get used as training partners for their top guys, win on undercards/small promotions, get noticed by Dana. Now you have to not only win on various undercards and spike freeviews, but win with style. Now you will get on the broadcast undercard of a big PPV, and you have to win well and start calling out Sylva inbetween shouting sponsors names down the mic. Rinse, repeat 4 or 5 times, and you will get your chance to be owned by...er I mean, your chance to fight Anderson 'i am a very good Muay Thai fighter and thats why nobody can clinch me that well' Sylva.

Good luck.

#403917 - 08/06/08 09:28 AM Re: I want to fight Anderson Silva [Re: Cord]
MattJ Offline
Free Rhinoplasty!
Prolific

Loc: York PA. USA
Cory -

Certainly good to have goals - long term, I have always used top fighters as a reference for where I want my skill to go. Anderson Silva is definitely there!

I do agree with others that the reason you haven't seen anyone "clinch" with Silva is because he's better at that than everyone else he's come up against. And it's not that they haven't tried or weren't good themselves - remember the Dan Henderson fight? Henderson is no slouch in the clinch.

And don't forget that Silva is a black belt in BJJ. Very tough, so pack a lunch. If you can work your way up fighting in local shows, you may indeed get there.

I'm happy to watch in on TV.

#403918 - 08/06/08 10:17 AM Re: I want to fight Anderson Silva [Re: Chen Zen]
Chen Zen Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Ms
Well, I havent had the chance to fight any big name fights but Ive gotten a few wins under my belt. I train consistantly and frequently, though its not militich fighting camp. I feel like my striking is on par with his. Im fast, strong and have ko power. And Ive got good footwork. He has me beat on the ground for sure. In the clinch I believe it could go either way, same with the striking. My BJJ has never been my strong point though and I use it instead to gain position for ground and pound most times. Other than that I try chokes, not big on arm bars or ankle locks. Also I would try to cover his mouth alot if we did grapple. Ive got a plan for him, a strategy, but I imagine by the time I do make it, if I do, He may be retired! So anyone heard of Jeff Mullen? He's local, and he's been a UFC juge a time or two.

#403919 - 08/06/08 11:19 AM Re: I want to fight Anderson Silva [Re: Chen Zen]
BrianS Offline
Higher rank than you
Professional Poster

Loc: Northwest Arkansas
This must be a joke? Maybe you need a reality check. Fighting Anderson Silva would be a hard reality check. We'll have to find out how good you are when we get together. It'll be a while, I'm wounded right now.

First, how would you fair against those he has beaten soundly? Chris Leben, Dan Henderson, Rich Franklin, Travis Lutter, James Irvin, etc...? Those guys were proven fighters wih good records and said the same thing,look what happened.

Silva isn't the best fighter out there imo,but one of the top 5!

#403920 - 08/06/08 11:49 AM Re: I want to fight Anderson Silva [Re: Chen Zen]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Loc: Cambridge UK.
Quote:

Well, I havent had the chance to fight any big name fights but Ive gotten a few wins under my belt. I train consistantly and frequently, though its not militich fighting camp. I feel like my striking is on par with his. Im fast, strong and have ko power. And Ive got good footwork. He has me beat on the ground for sure. In the clinch I believe it could go either way, same with the striking. My BJJ has never been my strong point though and I use it instead to gain position for ground and pound most times. Other than that I try chokes, not big on arm bars or ankle locks. Also I would try to cover his mouth alot if we did grapple. Ive got a plan for him, a strategy, but I imagine by the time I do make it, if I do, He may be retired! So anyone heard of Jeff Mullen? He's local, and he's been a UFC juge a time or two.

What you have to remember is that a gameplan designed to exploit an oponents weakness is all well and good, but the oponent is looking to enforce his strengths on you.

You sit back and think 'I reckon i am on a par with Sylva in the clinch' and he will be sitting back thinking 'this sucker aint got a ground game other than a bit of GnP and basic chokes'.
Where is he going to take the fight Chen?
Whats he going to do when it gets there?

The great fighters are not perfect or complete- there is no such thing as a the perfect fighter. The great one's, however, manage to dictate their fights and impose their strengths to such an extent that they may as well be perfect as far as the oponent is concerned.

You cant go into the octagon without a real ground game these days- Chuck used to rely on strike and sprawl, but without the added depth, now he has been 'decoded' by Jackson and Jardine, he is no longer the unbeatable beast he was.

The man who 'decodes' Sylva will have to be able to match him on the ground, as well as the clinch- he is one seriously versatile MMAist.

#403921 - 08/06/08 12:55 PM Re: I want to fight Anderson Silva [Re: Cord]
Dereck Offline
Prolific

Loc: Great White North
Seriously Chen I thought this original post was just a joke. However I see now that you are serious about this. I don't know you other then this forum and you may be one bad a$$ mother however if you are not well known now and seeing as Anderson Silva is the number one champion for the Middle Weight and is a serious threat to the Light Heavy Weight division; I'm just not seeing it.

The thing I've found with MMA fighters is that they have to believe in themselves and after winning fights they start to believe some of the hype. I've had the pleasure of being around a few fighters and I know they have to "mentally" prepare themselves and also I've found with the majority of fighters is they have a different mind set. This I think you are in and I think you have to believe that you can do this; but I think also you need a reality check. Anderson Silva has a highly rounded game and he will capitalize on any weakness and he will beat you ... heck he will beat you at your strength.

Chris Leben - hard hitter, excellent jaw ... knocked the F.U.C.K. out.

Rich Franklin - the champion, solid puncher, great cardio, good stand-up, decent ground game - beat twice and badly

Travis Lutter - phenomenal ground game - tapped out

Nate Marquardt - very well rounded fighter - knocked out

Dan Henderson - phenomenal - fighter; well rounded; excellent wrestler; Pride Champion - choked out

James Irvin - Knock out power - Knocked the F.U.C.K. out

Do you see what I'm getting at. He doesn't just beat people by zeroing in on their weaknesses ... he beats them at their own game. If you really think you can go in with any weakness don't worry, he'll beat you where you think you are strong.

Chen, can you send a link to your MMA record such as through Sherdog? All of our fighters have their records in Sherdog and other fighter sites; the promotion companies submit them. I'd be interested to view yours.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... 9 10 >

Moderator:  Cord, Fletch1, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Stun Guns
Variety of stun gun devices for your protection

Buy Pepper Spray
Worry about your family when you’re not around? Visit us today to protect everything you value.

Koryu.com
Accurate information on the ancient martial traditions of the Japanese samurai

C2 Taser
Protect yourself and loved ones from CRIME with the latest C2 Taser citizen model. Very effective.

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga