FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 32 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
old1, Leonar, ManLar, Vimido, raya
22925 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
futsaowingchun 3
Ronin1966 3
GojuRyuboy13 2
cxt 1
ergees 1
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
New Topics
The Classic Pak Sao drill
by futsaowingchun
10/20/14 10:32 AM
wing chun kicks and knees
by futsaowingchun
10/09/14 12:55 AM
2014 European Championships Juniors: the Gallery
by ergees
10/05/14 10:56 AM
Tan,Bong,Fuk & Wu Sao
by futsaowingchun
09/30/14 12:10 AM
Living a full life violence free...
by GojuRyuboy13
09/25/14 08:50 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
Leo's Judo Journal
by Leo_E_49
01/24/12 02:58 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by
05/13/07 08:02 AM
Recent Posts
Living a full life violence free...
by GojuRyuboy13
10/22/14 07:20 AM
The Classic Pak Sao drill
by futsaowingchun
10/20/14 10:32 AM
Leo's Judo Journal
by swordy
10/11/14 09:21 AM
The Karate punch
by Ronin1966
10/09/14 03:16 PM
wing chun kicks and knees
by futsaowingchun
10/09/14 12:55 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Ronin1966
10/08/14 09:22 PM
2014 European Championships Juniors: the Gallery
by ergees
10/05/14 10:56 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by AndyLA
10/04/14 10:20 AM
Tan,Bong,Fuk & Wu Sao
by futsaowingchun
09/30/14 12:10 AM
Forum Stats
22925 Members
36 Forums
35582 Topics
432510 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
#401723 - 08/14/08 07:50 AM Re: Heath Herring vs Brock Lesnar *spoiler* [Re: TheCrab]
Tom2199 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: England
I think Brock deserves a place in the UFC but his skill level is no where near that of many of the UFC fighters around today. As long as he remains at this skill level there are going to be people who will be able to take advantage of him like Mir, like mentioned before i think a good submission artist would be his downfall... also his stand up is not exactly brilliant at the moment.

I say give Brock his chance, if he continues to improve and add technical skill to his arsenal then he could be a big force in the UFC (quite literally).

You don't have to like the guy, and all his fights might just turn out to be a snore fest hearings wasn't exciting if you ask me.

#401724 - 08/14/08 08:32 AM Re: Heath Herring vs Brock Lesnar *spoiler* [Re: Tom2199]
Kimo2007 Offline
Veteran

Personally I am concerned about MMA fighters starting to act like WWE performers as others have stated in the thread.

The reason is I have seen so many kids (18-24yo) come through the door and the attitude they often bring is not acceptable, now we get them sraightened out pretty quick but it gets old. They think Karate and other TMA are all crap and don't work, even though they of course know nothing about the arts, and most of these concepts are formed from what that see and perceive watching UFC and other fight sports....much the same way my generation was influenced by Bruce Lee and Chuck Norris movies/TV shows.

So if UFC fighters lose that mutual respect for each other and go down the road of taunting and the like, we are going to see it in the young fans and students and it will be just that much more crap we will have to deal with it.

In terms of Brock as a fighter, I think he is a force. He beat the hell out of Mir even though he lost. So to those who say he doesn't belong in the UFC, I say put up a fighter that dominates him and sends him back to the minors...is there anyone that can do that? I am not that familar wih the sport so I honestly don't know, but unless you can say he would be routinely whipped by the other UFC fighters, then I am not sure how you can argue he doesn't belong there.

#401725 - 08/14/08 08:53 AM Re: Heath Herring vs Brock Lesnar *spoiler* [Re: Kimo2007]
TheCrab Offline
Scum

Loc: QLD Australia
Quote:

Personally I am concerned about MMA fighters starting to act like WWE performers

Ali showboated and noone gives him a hard time

Quote:

They think Karate and other TMA are all crap and don't work

whatt? half of them have karate backgrounds, chuck liddell for example. dont say they dont do their research if you dont do yours

#401726 - 08/14/08 09:27 AM Re: Heath Herring vs Brock Lesnar *spoiler* [Re: TheCrab]
Kimo2007 Offline
Veteran

Quote:

whatt? half of them have karate backgrounds, chuck liddell for example. dont say they dont do their research if you dont do yours

Hey I have an idea, why don't you try reading my post before you start shooting off your mouth. I was referring to the kids who are coming into my school the train MMA, so I think I have a pretty good handle on the "research".

Quote:

Ali showboated and noone gives him a hard time

So that makes it OK? Oh and maybe you should get your facts straight, a lot of people gave him a hard time, AND there are famous boxers who didn't speak to him for years because of the way he disrespected them.

#401727 - 08/14/08 09:34 AM Re: Heath Herring vs Brock Lesnar *spoiler* [Re: TheCrab]
Dereck Offline
Prolific

Loc: Great White North
Crab, we weren't around back then and I'm sure that many thought Ali was disrespectable and wanted to punch his lights out ... though very very few did. In some respect in the boxing world this stuff still goes on however one thing I and others like about the UFC and MMA is the "respect" shown after the fight; that sets this sport ahead in the game and do not want that diminished. I don't want this being a "show", we have the WWE for that. And while I was a big WWE fan years ago I would prefer the two NOT cross over any more then it already has.

As for steroids, many fighters have and are using them but know when to stop while training for a fight. And it isn't just steroids they are using; growth hormones and other enhancement drugs; some of which cannot be found in their testing process. Lesnar is big because of those types of things; there is no question or denying it. Is he still taking is another thing and without any proof I would say yes he is, but again knows when to stop. You don't get that big and strong naturally. And again many take them; Sean Sherk obviously and others including Stephen Bonnar that was put on the shelf for a time. It happens; it is happening.

#401728 - 08/14/08 10:00 AM Re: Heath Herring vs Brock Lesnar *spoiler* [Re: Kimo2007]
TheCrab Offline
Scum

Loc: QLD Australia
Quote:

why don't you try reading my post before you start shooting off your mouth.

Sorry about that, read over your post a bit fast I guess

Quote:

So that makes it OK?

Screwed that up as well. Must be tired lol. what I meant was, fighters, experienced or new, have always showboated, its not some bad WWE influence.

Dereck -

Quote:

I don't want this being a "show", we have the WWE for that.

Thats what I meant, its not like its getting to the point of ridiculous, or exceeding any other sports by that means. Look at boxing. Mundine, Ali, Tyson. Every sport has a bit of smack talk before and after the game/match, and a bit of taunting or showing off during it. UFC's no different.

On the steroid side of things, He may well be on steroids, ( he is a big motherf**er) but Im not going to make any assumptions. everyone likes getting up certain people for using roids but like you said, the fact is, steroids are largely used by professional athletes, heck, probably the majority are on the gear. But dont go heat seeking on one bloke for using. after all its only an advantage if noone else has it. Look at sprinting for example. EVERYONE is on the gear, because if your not using, you have the disadvantage.

#401729 - 08/14/08 11:09 AM Re: Heath Herring vs Brock Lesnar *spoiler* [Re: TheCrab]
Dereck Offline
Prolific

Loc: Great White North
Don't worry Crab, I'm not getting up on anybody for steroid use, because as you pointed out, many are already on the "gear". Gear ... that is a well used term for it as that is what people I know that have or are doing it call it.

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderator:  Cord, Fletch1, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Fight Videos
Night club fight footage and street fights captured with the world's first bouncer spy cam

How to Matrix!
Learn ten times faster with new training method. Learn entire arts for as little as $10 per disk.

Self Defense
Stun guns, pepper spray, Mace and self defense products. Alarms for personal and home use.

TASER MC26C
Stop An Urban Gorilla: Get 2 FREE TASER M26C Replacement Air Cartridges With Each New TASER M26C!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga