FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 21 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
LeroyCFischer, JadeKing, Beefcake, WesJones, simonajones111
22933 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
futsaowingchun 2
charlie 2
William_Bent 1
simonajones111 1
GojuRyuboy13 1
November
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
New Topics
unrecognized kata
by William_Bent
11/19/14 07:05 PM
I gained a lot of month in the last few months
by simonajones111
11/19/14 04:54 AM
Siu Lin Tao-3rd section applications
by futsaowingchun
11/13/14 06:48 PM
Screen fighting course UK December 2014
by charlie
11/11/14 04:09 PM
Siu Lin Tao-1st section Pak Sao explanations
by futsaowingchun
11/09/14 10:30 PM
I spy kata bunkai..
by GojuRyuboy13
10/29/14 08:28 AM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
MA style video library
by
03/22/06 03:18 PM
Recent Posts
unrecognized kata
by William_Bent
11/19/14 07:05 PM
I gained a lot of month in the last few months
by simonajones111
11/19/14 04:54 AM
Siu Lin Tao-3rd section applications
by futsaowingchun
11/13/14 06:48 PM
Screen fighting course UK December 2014
by charlie
11/11/14 04:09 PM
MA style video library
by charlie
11/11/14 04:05 PM
Siu Lin Tao-1st section Pak Sao explanations
by futsaowingchun
11/09/14 10:30 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/29/14 10:01 PM
I spy kata bunkai..
by GojuRyuboy13
10/29/14 08:28 AM
Forum Stats
22933 Members
36 Forums
35589 Topics
432521 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#401358 - 07/16/08 01:45 PM Re: Mexican cartel hit squad impersonating SWAT [Re: wristtwister]
Neko456 Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Midwest City, Ok, USA
Great dicussion and statistics and a warning that we have to do something soon or we will continue to suffer this inflex of Crime against our borders, Health care medcial system, Prison system and financail Infrastructure.

I have no problem with law abidng citizen of the USA or future citizens but Immigrants that are impersonating Federal Officers and killing people. Whether its the Russian Mafia or Mexican cartel we have to defend our borders better in order to defend American. Or Beans and Bullets my friends and eventually Chaotic.

#401359 - 07/16/08 02:32 PM Re: Mexican cartel hit squad impersonating SWAT [Re: wristtwister]
JasonM Offline
Professional Poster

thanks for that.

Granted I am not much of a numbers man, and looking at statistics just make my head hurt. But I think I got it and our future doesn't look good.

I don't care who comes here. It is america and they should have a chance just like our parents and our parents - parents. And I know or have heard the system sucks, but unfortunately that is the way they need to go. Come here ther right wawy or don't come at all.

It is horrifying to me to read that SWAT was impersonated by the mexican cartel.

#401360 - 07/16/08 10:03 PM Re: Mexican cartel hit squad impersonating SWAT [Re: JasonM]
wristtwister Offline
like a chiropractor, only evil

Loc: South Carolina
First of all, the problem isn't that poor people are coming here to become citizens and have jobs... it's that they are coming here simply to take jobs and send money back to their country... i.e., sapping the wealth of this country and refusing to assimilate or become legal citizens.

Second, they are exporting their culture of violence here and setting up gangs and drug networks at a rate never seen before by law enforcement. The insistence by businesses to keep the border open is only playing into their hands, and while this is happening, the cost of maintaining these people is rising exponentially. As in my own neighborhood, they simply overrun an area and turn it into a barrio... displacing the existing businesses, overcrowding existing park and entertainment facilities, and setting up their gang activities right out in plain sight.

Last year, there were 23 murders in Greenville County, where I live... 17 of them took place in my zip code. A number of them were "hispanic on hispanic" murders, others were drug related, and still others were "drive bys"... so the accelerated rate of violence isn't hard to find.

When I go out, I carry a gun... high capacity, and usually three clips with either 11 or 17 in it, depending on which gun I carry... and I've already been "bum rushed" at an ATM by a van load of illegals. I didn't shoot any of them, but the sight of the gun being racked told them I wasn't going to be a victim, and they bailed back in the van and sped off.

These gangs are not afraid of police, and neither are the drug cartels. They know that they can outgun most police departments, and since they have almost limitless money, they buy their way into almost anywhere. Most swat teams now are specifically training to handle MS-13 gang members and their tactics.

That report by the Inter-American Development Bank is a real eye-opener, especially when you add the tendency of the drug cartels to simply hire the gangs to do their bidding as they expand. On the gun boards, we say "when seconds count, the police are only minutes away"... which is their way of saying "you're on your own".

I don't really want to get off on a rant over this, because I stay pi$$ed off at the lack of enforcement of ALL laws regarding these people where my neighborhood's been displaced, but make no mistake... it's headed your way. The police intelligence reports are rift with information about how the gangs are "leap frogging" across the country, and there are something like 750 different gangs that have been identified. It's just a matter of time wherever you live.

Oh yes, and I read in the newspaper online today that the illegals weren't leaving when the ICE agents raided and deported their cohorts... they simply moved to another neighborhood... which means the jobs that they're supposed to be here for isn't what's keeping them here. Draw your own conclusions from that.

Edited by wristtwister (07/16/08 10:06 PM)

#401361 - 07/17/08 02:05 AM Re: Mexican cartel hit squad impersonating SWAT [Re: wristtwister]
Zach_Zinn Offline
Veteran

Loc: Olympia, WA
Quote:

I don't really want to get off on a rant over this, because I stay pi$$ed off at the lack of enforcement of ALL laws regarding these people where my neighborhood's been displaced, but make no mistake... it's headed your way. The police intelligence reports are rift with information about how the gangs are "leap frogging" across the country, and there are something like 750 different gangs that have been identified. It's just a matter of time wherever you live.

To be clear...are you actually of the opinion that most illegals are here as some part of an organized gang movement? Do you actually have statistics that back this concept up? It seems to be what you're driving at.

I grew up in a state where the majority is hispanic in many areas, as with any impoverished group virtually anywhere in this country, there was alot of crime. Not hard to figure out the correlation.

The idea that good whitey white law abidin' merkin' folks like you are having their lives disrupted and diminished by the great Brown Menace is nothing short of ridiculous, and it does nothing but show your true colors when you post like this.

#401362 - 07/17/08 12:58 PM Re: Mexican cartel hit squad impersonating SWAT [Re: wristtwister]
MattJ Offline
Free Rhinoplasty!
Prolific

Loc: York PA. USA
Quote:

I read in the newspaper online today that the illegals weren't leaving when the ICE agents raided and deported their cohorts... they simply moved to another neighborhood... which means the jobs that they're supposed to be here for isn't what's keeping them here. Draw your own conclusions from that.

How are you drawing that conclusion? Maybe they are simply finding other jobs in other neighborhoods. The vast majority of illegals are here just for that. Wasn't aware the illegals were taking many high-paying jobs, so work for them is not hard to find. Not saying that it's OK, but they are not all gang-bangers and drug dealers. I still think that targeting the employers would stop the whole shebang - no jobs, no reason to come here. But the Bush people like their cheap labor and not having to pay taxes, social security, health benefits, etc.

But what do I know.

#401363 - 07/17/08 05:37 PM Re: Mexican cartel hit squad impersonating SWAT [Re: MattJ]
wristtwister Offline

From talking to the law enforcement people around here, the street gangs are also entrepeneurs. They create businesses and jobs for the illegals using their drug money and then launder the money through them. No, all the illegals aren't "gang members", but they're working for them... whether selling drugs or selling groceries at the Tienda or cars at "Carlo's Used Cars". They're converting money to property and making money off it as well. Businesses give them a perfect place to hide their drug money... and since it's "all Hispanic", it's kept in their community... where they are gaining a deeper and deeper foothold.

It's not necessary for you to believe anything I say... the statistics will speak for themsleves... and my conversations with law enforcement have been very informative about their movements. The gangs are setting up in smaller towns surrounding metropolitan areas where the illegals are flocking to for jobs... like Atlanta, Charlotte, NC, etc. and then they're setting up legitimate businesses in those metro areas with their drug money, where they "service" the whole Hispanic population.

If you bother to read the Inter-American Development Bank report that I linked, you'll understand what's coming with this flood of people. If you don't like their report, go to the one done by the World Bank... it's got the same conclusions. The only thing changing from what's going on in the other countries mentioned in the studies, is that the army isn't doing battle with them as law enforcement.

... back to "lurking mode"...

#401364 - 07/17/08 06:40 PM Re: Mexican cartel hit squad impersonating SWAT [Re: wristtwister]
MattJ Offline
Free Rhinoplasty!
Prolific

Oy.......Grady, you are not the only one who has contacts with law enforcement. So many of your "conclusions" are just wrong. Most of the illegals around here work under the table for legit businesses - many of them white-owned, I might add. They do landscaping, work in food service, housekeeping, etc. Generally not super-high paying jobs.

And I notice that you avoided my point entirely. No jobs = no reason to come here. Why aren't the employers being punished for hiring and keeping them?

Why indeed.

#401365 - 07/17/08 08:00 PM Re: Mexican cartel hit squad impersonating SWAT [Re: MattJ]
wristtwister Offline

Quote:

Grady, you are not the only one who has contacts with law enforcement.

Never said I was... the people I've been talking to are on the police intelligence unit... and by the way, different parts of the country are having different experiences with illegals. This is what is happening in this area per their information... no "conclusions" to it... it's simply what they're working with at the present time.

Here's a clip from the "Tale of two cities" which means the cities have two personalities of violence... one when crime is increasing and one when it's decreasing... and they're tracked in regional trends...

From the report...
Thus, the “Tale of Two Cities” can be seen at
the most basic level: Many departments recorded
decreases in violence for the first half of 2007, but
many departments are continuing to experience
increases in violence.
In an effort to discern any regional trends in
violence, PERF analyzed the data from all 168 jurisdictions
that responded to the survey. The following
patterns emerged:
An increase in homicides, and a decrease in
aggravated assaults, in the southern mid-Atlantic
region (Maryland, the District of Columbia, and
Virginia).
A decrease in robberies in Midwest states (Illinois,
Indiana, Michigan, Missouri, Minnesota,
and Ohio).
Increases in robberies and aggravated assaults
with firearms in a large number of Florida
jurisdictions.
Increases in aggravated assaults in Southern
states (Arkansas, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana,
North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee).
8 — PERF’s Second Violent Crime Summit: “A Tale of Two Cities”
Florida
Increase in robberies
Increase in aggravated assaults
with firearms
South
Increase in
aggravated assaults
Southern Mid-Atlantic
Increase in homicides
Decrease in aggravated assaults
Midwest
Decrease in
robberies
Colorado
Decrease in aggravated
assaults with firearms

From my discussions with the LEO's, the "seed money" for a lot of those "legitimate" businesses you're talking about are actually fronted by the gangs to create a vehicle for laundering money, expecially in businesses owned by people in the Latino community, so don't think that just because the business owner is "legitimate" that he's not using gang money to set up and operate the business.

Another one of the conclusions of the Crime in America report was:

from the report...
Factors Contributing to Violent Crime
PERF’s survey asked participants to assign a ranking
to a list of factors that are often cited as contributing
to violent crime; participants were instructed to
rank the factors (or name any factors not included
in the list) in terms of the impact they have had on
violent crime in their own jurisdictions, especially
any recent increases in violent crime.
As seen in Figure 6, the most highly ranked
contributing factor to violent crime, cited by
more than three-fourths of all responding agencies,
was gangs, followed by juvenile crime. Nearly
two-thirds of all respondents cited impulsive
violence and “disrespect” issues, as well as unemployment
and poverty, and “reentry” issues (the
release of nearly 650,000 offenders from federal and
state prisons every year, and an even greater number
from local jails).

And no, the illegals aren't the only problem, but they are an ever increasing part of it, and the gangs are spreading and getting stronger in all these areas where the gangs are operating.

You said...
Quote:

They do landscaping, work in food service, housekeeping, etc. Generally not super-high paying jobs.

Absolutely right, and if you'll read the IADB report, you'll find that's one of the major contributory factors for the violence being shipped up here from Latin America. Just because it hasn't hit your area yet doesn't mean it isn't on its way. Be patient... it'll show up there, just like it has here.

#401366 - 07/18/08 09:47 AM Re: Mexican cartel hit squad impersonating SWAT [Re: wristtwister]
MattJ Offline
Free Rhinoplasty!
Prolific

Jesus Grady. It's like talking to a friggin wall. Like I said, most of the businesses that hire illegals here are white owned, and not even new. Not "gang seeded".

Still nothing about the business owners? Aren't they the "draw" for most illegals? Stop the jobs, stop the immigration. Not rocket science. Too bad your rich Bush friends are more interested in keeping their cheap labor than "protecting our borders".

Bunch of hypocritical BS.

#401367 - 07/18/08 09:23 PM Re: Mexican cartel hit squad impersonating SWAT [Re: MattJ]
wristtwister Offline

Okay Matt, I understand that... it's not the same here and where the gangs are setting up. Here's an article of what's going on here...
http://www.greenvilleonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080718/NEWS/80718025

This is just one example, and there are many others. If you don't have the gang problem yet, feel lucky. I have no doubt it's on its way to where you live if you have a large Latino community. Ignoring it won't make it go away.

You seem to want to act like none of the things going on are happening because they aren't going on where you are. We had a drive-by shooting night before last within half a mile of my house, and these illegals have turned my neighborhood into a war zone... all gang related.

Hey, I'd love for them to bury business owners that hire illegals, and I'd help shovel them in. A high school kid or college kid can't find a part time job because these business owners can use illegals and work them full time for the same money under the table... and this didn't start with George Bush. It was going on when your savior Bill Clinton was getting his wax job in the White House. I was fighting this problem in 1990 and before, and GWB was still running for president.

You seem to think that all the "rich people" are Republicans, and that's not even close. They just tend to use their own money, rather than using government money to get rich... and while we're at it, let me ask you how many poor people ever offered you a job? It's stupid to be jealous of rich people... they are who start and run businesses... and they do it to make money. It's not just George Bush's friends... it's your new Messiah Osama Obama's "friends" too. Look at how much money they've given to Obama vs what has been contributed to John McCain... it's about 3 to 1, plus he's got all three networks doing his PR work for him.

Clearly, you have your mind made up that I'm wrong, so you just don't bother to read the information or apply the facts. I wouldn't try to tell you what's going on in your neighborhood, but I'm sure you know exactly what's going on in mine, despite my description of events to the contrary... so it's not much use discussing it.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Cord, Fletch1, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Fight Videos
Night club fight footage and street fights captured with the world's first bouncer spy cam

How to Matrix!
Learn ten times faster with new training method. Learn entire arts for as little as $10 per disk.

Self Defense
Stun guns, pepper spray, Mace and self defense products. Alarms for personal and home use.

TASER MC26C
Stop An Urban Gorilla: Get 2 FREE TASER M26C Replacement Air Cartridges With Each New TASER M26C!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga