FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
1 registered (THEFOREVERMAN), 53 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Shanktotheright, royal, bobgalle100011, agenonline, TooNice
22862 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Dobbersky 3
THEFOREVERMAN 3
MattJ 2
Marcus Charles 1
TooNice 1
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
New Topics
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by Marcus Charles
03/24/14 04:39 PM
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by Dobbersky
03/20/14 05:45 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
AKK kata question
by
09/04/05 01:27 PM
Recent Posts
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by THEFOREVERMAN
04/16/14 08:22 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by THEFOREVERMAN
04/16/14 08:20 AM
AKK kata question
by MattJ
04/04/14 05:45 PM
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Forum Stats
22862 Members
36 Forums
35546 Topics
432377 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 11 of 13 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 >
Topic Options
#399506 - 08/18/08 11:47 PM Re: College aikido [Re: wristtwister]
BrianS Offline
Higher rank than you
Professional Poster

Loc: Northwest Arkansas
Quote:

I didn't say "90% of the Aikido dojos"... 90% of dojos (in general). Aikido dojos are a small part of that. If Aikido is remiss as a "contest art", it's by design.

That was about as clear as mud. You didn't leave out aikido dojo's before. BTW, don't you hate it when I speak generally? Yet you do it and it's ok? WTH??

Quote:

Apparently the "I'll do my part" was B-S, as usual. Clearly none of you guys can have a civil conversation without the personal sniping and insults.

Where were my personal insults at smiley? Seriously? What did I say that wasn't true? Maybe it was too true for you,but true none the less,but it wasn't personal.

#399507 - 08/19/08 12:26 AM Re: College aikido [Re: BrianS]
wristtwister Offline
like a chiropractor, only evil

Loc: South Carolina
Quote:

Do you ever tire of telling everyone how old you are, how much experience you have and all the bravado posturing? Is it an old person thing? The whole, "when I was your age we didn't wear pads". LOL! You act like you are the only person who has ever trained hard. I had the crap knocked out of me on a regular basis, but I don't need to say "I've been at this for 17yrs!! Yeah, and I'm HARD FRIGGIN' CORE HOMESKILLET, BELIEVE THAT!!! "

Really? I'm scared to death...

Quote:

Maybe it was too true for you,but true none the less,but it wasn't personal.

That's it... accuse me of exactly what you're doing... you're big, bad, HOMESKILLIT... you sound more like curly fries... don't forget to tell everybody how old you are...

#399508 - 08/19/08 12:48 AM Re: College aikido [Re: wristtwister]
BrianS Offline
Higher rank than you
Professional Poster

Grady,

You said
Quote:

Apparently the "I'll do my part" was B-S, as usual. Clearly none of you guys can have a civil conversation without the personal sniping and insults.

Still, where were the insults? You don't like what I say and you don't agree with me,so ou tske things personal, that's the problem here.

Quote:

Really? I'm scared to death...

It wasn't meant to scare you or anyone else, WTH???. It just proves that all the posturing on the internet is foolish. That was my point. There is no need to list your years of training and how tough you are in every other post you make.

Quote:

That's it... accuse me of exactly what you're doing... you're big, bad, HOMESKILLIT... you sound more like curly fries... don't forget to tell everybody how old you are

You lost me again, I have no idea what curly fries sound like.
I'm not doing the posturing here, you do it on a regular basis. Look back at any thred where you have more than five posts and I'll bet you state how long ou have trained and how rigorous your training has been. You also make claims of beating high ranking matial artists, people stopping their training because you are hitting the heavy bag wih so much force, etc..it's just silly isn't it?

Are you going to return to the thread now?

What % of aikido dojo's d you believe to be showing real aikido that is combat effective since you have ruled out what you said earlier.

Were you talking about every other art? Which arts were you referring to?

Edited by BrianS (08/19/08 12:50 AM)

#399509 - 08/19/08 03:01 AM Re: College aikido [Re: BrianS]
eyrie Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: QLD, Australia
Quote:

Are you going to return to the thread now?

What's the point? Almost every post after fileboy's interjection is not on topic anyway. Now it seems it's degenerated to downright nitpicking, because *some* people can't understand the parameters of the argument, or refute the alternative argument.

Personally, I think this thread should be locked or deleted. Those who say that aikido is ineffective, can feel free to do so. After all, they seem to have firmly made up their mind, and simply will not accept any argument EVEN if it generally agrees with their opinion.

Either they are, or pretending to be, intellectually incapable, or just plain unreasonable, or they're just trolling for a reaction.... and given the past behaviour of some members here... I'm not in the least bit surprised at any or all of the above possibilities.

Edited by eyrie (08/19/08 03:15 AM)

#399510 - 08/19/08 06:34 AM Re: College aikido [Re: eyrie]
wristtwister Offline
like a chiropractor, only evil

Loc: South Carolina
Quote:

Either they are, or pretending to be, intellectually incapable, or just plain unreasonable, or they're just trolling for a reaction....

I was actually giving Brian an opportunity to discuss the issue, and, as usual, it degenerated into sniping and misrepresentation, so I have to agree. No one's changing their minds... least of all anyone with actual Aikido experience to any depth... so as you say, the naysayers should just feel free to think Aikido ineffective. It would be great to see their faces when they find out otherwise.

I just took off a couple of months from the boards for exactly the reasons shown in this thread. It has nothing to do with reasonable argument or debate, just personal sniping and a few jerkoffs who simply don't like me. In less than two weeks, I've been called objectionable names, and simply railed against by arguing things not even involved in the discussion... so I think I'll go back into retirement here. There are dozens of other places where I don't get this crap, and people actually discuss the topics.

non illigitum carborundum

#399511 - 08/19/08 07:01 AM Re: College aikido [Re: wristtwister]
eyrie Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: QLD, Australia
neca eos omnes, deus suos agnoscet

Edited by eyrie (08/19/08 07:01 AM)

#399512 - 08/19/08 08:15 AM Re: College aikido [Re: eyrie]
JasonM Offline
Professional Poster

ok, so you guys are making me work and having to look up the darn latin.

neca eos omnes, deus suos agnoscet
"Kill'em all, and let God sort'em out"

non illigitum carborundum
"don't let the [censored] grind you down".

#399513 - 08/19/08 09:20 AM Re: College aikido [Re: eyrie]
BrianS Offline
Higher rank than you
Professional Poster

Bye again Grady. Take your toys and go home. Won't miss ya bud!

Still don't see where I or anyone else said all aikido was ineffective.

We can only base our opinions on our own experiences,but that's not good enough for you guys. You want us to believe in aikido as much as you do without any basis for believing it. I would like to think that some aikido is effective. I would like to believe Steven Segal was as good as his movies too,but Gene Lebell and some stuntman proved that wrong didn't they,lol.

I'm sure there are good aikidoka out there with good training methods, I just haven't witnessed any and you guys are pi$$ed at me for it. Gotta love it!!

Edited by BrianS (08/19/08 09:26 AM)

#399514 - 08/19/08 09:49 AM Re: College aikido [Re: BrianS]
JasonM Offline
Professional Poster

Lebell took out Segal? Odd I never heard of this. Also, never cared for Segal anyway.. If there is a vid would love to see it.

#399515 - 08/19/08 09:59 AM Re: College aikido [Re: JasonM]
BrianS Offline
Higher rank than you
Professional Poster

I'll try and find the information.

Basically Lebell and Segal were yapping at eachother, Lebell ended up choking him out. Then he did it again after Segal got up and mouthed some more. Duh>>>...

Did you know that Gene Lebell also ran around with Bruce Lee on his shoulders after Bruce ran his mouth on the set of "Green Hornet"? LOL!!

Page 11 of 13 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 >

Moderator:  Ames, Cord, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Stun Guns
Variety of stun gun devices for your protection

Buy Pepper Spray
Worry about your family when you’re not around? Visit us today to protect everything you value.

Koryu.com
Accurate information on the ancient martial traditions of the Japanese samurai

C2 Taser
Protect yourself and loved ones from CRIME with the latest C2 Taser citizen model. Very effective.

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga