FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 31 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
TomRosenberg, jessylin, play, Keith_G, LeroyCFischer
22937 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
futsaowingchun 2
jwwmantis 2
Beefcake 1
LeroyCFischer 1
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
New Topics
Chum Kiu's double Tan Sau motion
by futsaowingchun
Today at 10:08 AM
Freeing Hand-Wing Chun's last movements
by futsaowingchun
12/17/14 09:40 PM
2015 Master Yang Jwing-Ming Seminar
by jwwmantis
12/05/14 10:36 PM
The Beginners Guide To Stretching
by
12/27/06 11:43 AM
Your true goal
by
03/03/06 07:16 AM
Recent Posts
Chum Kiu's double Tan Sau motion
by futsaowingchun
Today at 10:08 AM
Freeing Hand-Wing Chun's last movements
by futsaowingchun
12/17/14 09:40 PM
Your true goal
by Beefcake
12/11/14 02:44 AM
The Beginners Guide To Stretching
by LeroyCFischer
12/04/14 02:07 AM
Forum Stats
22937 Members
36 Forums
35592 Topics
432527 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#398803 - 06/10/08 07:37 AM Re: UFC 85 SPOILERS!! [Re: JKogas]
shills11 Offline

Loc: Glasgow Scotland
Dana has just signed Dan Hardy, a very exciting and dynamic striker from the uk http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=news.detail&gid=11928

Maybe he will cause more of a stir than bisping has.

And bisping isnt without skills hes never been stopped in any of his 17 fights he has some serious heart

#398804 - 06/10/08 11:20 AM Re: UFC 85 SPOILERS!! [Re: Stormdragon]
Dereck Offline
Prolific

Loc: Great White North
Quote:

About Matt Hughes, what would it take for him to get on the up side again? Go to a smaller organization fighting lower level guys to get some easyish wins and get his heart back and then also switch to a different camp? His only physical weakness really seems to be his striking, maybe a trip to Greg Jackson or MArk Dellagrottes camp would be helpful (same for rich Franklin I think. He's always seemed too big to go any lower in weight, I mean I didnt see this fight but he's always been a huge 170.

You got to know that Matt Hughes is already dropping weight to fight at Welter Weight. In this fight I saw him as being smaller then he has ever been and especially in comparison to his opponent.

I don't think it is in Matt Hughes best interest to drop to another weight class nor go to smaller organization just to fight some lesser fighters; that will do nothing for his reputation. What Matt Hughes has to do has have heart and put the time into it and I don't see that happening and haven't seen that for a while. After previous fights he talked about hanging things up. After the Ultimate Fighter Show he said he was almost done. It seems that this is already apparent.

What I'd personally like to see, one more fight only from him to finish off his career. Go out with a bang win or lose. Stand up straight for an accomplished career with no shame. One final fight against Matt Sera.

#398805 - 06/10/08 12:17 PM Re: UFC 85 SPOILERS!! [Re: JKogas]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Loc: Cambridge UK.
Quote:

Right. I believe Dana feels like, that if he can get a particular "National" to do well, his company can get a better foothold within that particular locale.

The thing is, for most in the UK, the UFC is the only 'real' MMA organisation anyway. You have to remember that Satelite/cable TV only started in the late 80's in the UK, and only a tiny percentage of UK had it until the late 90's. Even now, terrestrial TV (5 channels) is still all that many households have. During the 90's, the early UFC's captured the imagination of UK satellite viewers- in many ways, we caught on to MMA in its infancy much quicker than the States.
UFC 85 would have sold out the 02 arena without Bisping, the same way that the 500,000 who applied for tickets to the NFL season game that was played in Wembley did so without one British National being involved in either team.

Re. MMA being more popular than Boxing- this may well be the case in the States, but Boxing has never had such a high profile in Britain as now- we are in a golden age that has captured the publics imagination. Hatton, Calzaghe, Haye, Maccarinelli, Froch, Thakston, and many others are providing quality cards from world, right down to domestic level. MMA cannot compete with the crest of that wave at the moment, even if Bisping won a belt.

#398806 - 06/10/08 02:29 PM Re: UFC 85 SPOILERS!! [Re: Cord]
Tom2199 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: England
pfft has bisping got any standup? good thing he can gnp

what a cocky individual taking the mic off rogan like that, who does he think he is a WWE superstar?

#398807 - 06/10/08 02:53 PM Re: UFC 85 SPOILERS!! [Re: Tom2199]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Loc: Cambridge UK.
Quote:

pfft has bisping got any standup? good thing he can gnp

Well, his first fight at his new weight was pretty much a Muay Thai clinch masterclass- admittedly against a limited oponent, but he still swept him away with knees from the clinch.

Quote:

what a cocky individual taking the mic off rogan like that, who does he think he is a WWE superstar?

I would argue that anyone who removes Rogan from a microphone deserves more love than mother theresa.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Cord, Fletch1, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Fight Videos
Night club fight footage and street fights captured with the world's first bouncer spy cam

How to Matrix!
Learn ten times faster with new training method. Learn entire arts for as little as $10 per disk.

Self Defense
Stun guns, pepper spray, Mace and self defense products. Alarms for personal and home use.

TASER MC26C
Stop An Urban Gorilla: Get 2 FREE TASER M26C Replacement Air Cartridges With Each New TASER M26C!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga