FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 47 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Shanktotheright, royal, bobgalle100011, agenonline, TooNice
22862 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
THEFOREVERMAN 3
Dobbersky 3
MattJ 2
royal 2
ergees 1
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
New Topics
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by Marcus Charles
03/24/14 04:39 PM
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by Dobbersky
03/20/14 05:45 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
AKK kata question
by
09/04/05 01:27 PM
Recent Posts
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by THEFOREVERMAN
Yesterday at 08:22 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by THEFOREVERMAN
Yesterday at 08:20 AM
AKK kata question
by MattJ
04/04/14 05:45 PM
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Forum Stats
22862 Members
36 Forums
35546 Topics
432378 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Topic Options
#397508 - 05/27/08 10:53 AM fighting mind
skinters Offline
Member

Registered: 05/25/08
Posts: 239
Loc: swansea,wales
my veiws about fighting have changed so many times over the years ive been involved with a lot of scraps when young and all of them have ended the same way i would get to a certain stage in a fight and my heart wouldnt be in it even if it meant giving the other guy the advantage ive always felt the need to be pushed to produce my best stuff .i always felt i had more to give but maybe lack any killing instinct ?im not sure what id call it but ive never felt more relaxed and together than when i was in the middle of it .ive never dished out a beating and never been on the recieving end i do enough to get me through and i know this sounds odd but i want the person im fighting to get through it aswell even help him through it .

ive always thought this way about fighting but the older i get and the more understanding i have of myself the clearer its becoming well to me anyways i remember everyone of my fights with minute detail and i know my apponent does aswell

i write a lot of this down to try and make sense of it and am very intrested in fight strategy than mere style or
technique

jase
_________________________
if only we could strike with the eyes - from the thought to the fist how much time is lost ?

Top
#397509 - 05/27/08 01:04 PM Re: fighting mind [Re: skinters]
jude33 Offline
Veteran

Registered: 03/14/07
Posts: 1539
Quote:

my veiws about fighting have changed so many times over the years ive been involved with a lot of scraps when young and all of them have ended the same way i would get to a certain stage in a fight and my heart wouldnt be in it even if it meant giving the other guy the advantage ive always felt the need to be pushed to produce my best stuff .i always felt i had more to give but maybe lack any killing instinct ?im not sure what id call it but ive never felt more relaxed and together than when i was in the middle of it .ive never dished out a beating and never been on the recieving end i do enough to get me through and i know this sounds odd but i want the person im fighting to get through it aswell even help him through it .





Time to forget scrapping and train for competition.
Train for self defence.
Dont fight otherwise
Quote:


ive always thought this way about fighting but the older i get and the more understanding i have of myself the clearer its becoming well to me anyways i remember everyone of my fights with minute detail and i know my apponent does aswell



Fantastic, but at some time a person grows beyond that idea,
Quote:



i write a lot of this down to try and make sense of it and am very intrested in fight strategy than mere style or
technique

jase




So go and study a martial art. Dont fight unless its competition or if need be S/D.
Include sprinting in your training and repost.

Jude

Top
#397510 - 05/27/08 02:53 PM Re: fighting mind [Re: jude33]
Ives Offline
Enthusiast

Registered: 04/25/05
Posts: 691
Loc: the Netherlands
Don't forget to study some grammar aswell. That whas hard to read.
_________________________
Ives

Top
#397511 - 05/27/08 03:01 PM Re: fighting mind [Re: jude33]
skinters Offline
Member

Registered: 05/25/08
Posts: 239
Loc: swansea,wales
thanks for the reply jude

ive never looked at martial art as a sport more as something i do as a simple part of my life .

ive been studying and practicing martial art since i was 9 im 37 now .

im looking at fighting as it is martial art or not and not nesseceraly as a sport wich i have no interest in .

thanks

jase
_________________________
if only we could strike with the eyes - from the thought to the fist how much time is lost ?

Top
#397512 - 05/27/08 03:05 PM Re: fighting mind [Re: Ives]
skinters Offline
Member

Registered: 05/25/08
Posts: 239
Loc: swansea,wales
Quote:

Don't forget to study some grammar aswell. That whas hard to read.




haha well my signiture says it all

jase
_________________________
if only we could strike with the eyes - from the thought to the fist how much time is lost ?

Top


Moderator:  Ames, Cord, MattJ, McSensei, Reiki 




Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Fight Videos
Night club fight footage and street fights captured with the world's first bouncer spy cam

How to Matrix!
Learn ten times faster with new training method. Learn entire arts for as little as $10 per disk.

Self Defense
Stun guns, pepper spray, Mace and self defense products. Alarms for personal and home use.

TASER MC26C
Stop An Urban Gorilla: Get 2 FREE TASER M26C Replacement Air Cartridges With Each New TASER M26C!

 

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga