FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 35 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
ksusanc, kellypnik123, leyinn, Ron_Cooley, businns
22902 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Dobbersky 12
cxt 7
trevek 6
JKogas 5
futsaowingchun 2
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
New Topics
centerline concepts
by futsaowingchun
07/14/14 10:49 PM
language of syllabus
by trevek
07/11/14 03:36 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:14 AM
10 San Sik drills-Wing Chun's foundation
by futsaowingchun
06/30/14 11:20 AM
"Ip Man" and "Ip Man 2" the movies.
by TaekwonDoFan
06/30/14 11:02 AM
Iaido movements speed
by TooNice
04/14/14 01:47 PM
Anderson Silva - Leg Break
by Dobbersky
12/30/13 08:32 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
Gi or no Gi Grappling?
by Prizewriter
04/16/12 02:48 PM
MMA - A passing Fad
by Dobbersky
04/12/12 11:16 AM
Recent Posts
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by cxt
Yesterday at 11:35 AM
centerline concepts
by Dobbersky
07/18/14 06:14 AM
language of syllabus
by trevek
07/14/14 04:50 PM
Gi or no Gi Grappling?
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:38 AM
MMA - A passing Fad
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:35 AM
Anderson Silva - Leg Break
by Dobbersky
07/09/14 06:13 AM
Throwing
by JKogas
07/03/14 07:40 PM
10 San Sik drills-Wing Chun's foundation
by futsaowingchun
06/30/14 11:20 AM
"Ip Man" and "Ip Man 2" the movies.
by TaekwonDoFan
06/30/14 11:02 AM
Forget all that health stuff
by TaekwonDoFan
06/29/14 03:18 AM
Forum Stats
22902 Members
36 Forums
35563 Topics
432450 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Topic Options
#397508 - 05/27/08 10:53 AM fighting mind
skinters Offline
Member

Registered: 05/25/08
Posts: 239
Loc: swansea,wales
my veiws about fighting have changed so many times over the years ive been involved with a lot of scraps when young and all of them have ended the same way i would get to a certain stage in a fight and my heart wouldnt be in it even if it meant giving the other guy the advantage ive always felt the need to be pushed to produce my best stuff .i always felt i had more to give but maybe lack any killing instinct ?im not sure what id call it but ive never felt more relaxed and together than when i was in the middle of it .ive never dished out a beating and never been on the recieving end i do enough to get me through and i know this sounds odd but i want the person im fighting to get through it aswell even help him through it .

ive always thought this way about fighting but the older i get and the more understanding i have of myself the clearer its becoming well to me anyways i remember everyone of my fights with minute detail and i know my apponent does aswell

i write a lot of this down to try and make sense of it and am very intrested in fight strategy than mere style or
technique

jase
_________________________
if only we could strike with the eyes - from the thought to the fist how much time is lost ?

Top
#397509 - 05/27/08 01:04 PM Re: fighting mind [Re: skinters]
jude33 Offline
Veteran

Registered: 03/14/07
Posts: 1539
Quote:

my veiws about fighting have changed so many times over the years ive been involved with a lot of scraps when young and all of them have ended the same way i would get to a certain stage in a fight and my heart wouldnt be in it even if it meant giving the other guy the advantage ive always felt the need to be pushed to produce my best stuff .i always felt i had more to give but maybe lack any killing instinct ?im not sure what id call it but ive never felt more relaxed and together than when i was in the middle of it .ive never dished out a beating and never been on the recieving end i do enough to get me through and i know this sounds odd but i want the person im fighting to get through it aswell even help him through it .





Time to forget scrapping and train for competition.
Train for self defence.
Dont fight otherwise
Quote:


ive always thought this way about fighting but the older i get and the more understanding i have of myself the clearer its becoming well to me anyways i remember everyone of my fights with minute detail and i know my apponent does aswell



Fantastic, but at some time a person grows beyond that idea,
Quote:



i write a lot of this down to try and make sense of it and am very intrested in fight strategy than mere style or
technique

jase




So go and study a martial art. Dont fight unless its competition or if need be S/D.
Include sprinting in your training and repost.

Jude

Top
#397510 - 05/27/08 02:53 PM Re: fighting mind [Re: jude33]
Ives Offline
Enthusiast

Registered: 04/25/05
Posts: 691
Loc: the Netherlands
Don't forget to study some grammar aswell. That whas hard to read.
_________________________
Ives

Top
#397511 - 05/27/08 03:01 PM Re: fighting mind [Re: jude33]
skinters Offline
Member

Registered: 05/25/08
Posts: 239
Loc: swansea,wales
thanks for the reply jude

ive never looked at martial art as a sport more as something i do as a simple part of my life .

ive been studying and practicing martial art since i was 9 im 37 now .

im looking at fighting as it is martial art or not and not nesseceraly as a sport wich i have no interest in .

thanks

jase
_________________________
if only we could strike with the eyes - from the thought to the fist how much time is lost ?

Top
#397512 - 05/27/08 03:05 PM Re: fighting mind [Re: Ives]
skinters Offline
Member

Registered: 05/25/08
Posts: 239
Loc: swansea,wales
Quote:

Don't forget to study some grammar aswell. That whas hard to read.




haha well my signiture says it all

jase
_________________________
if only we could strike with the eyes - from the thought to the fist how much time is lost ?

Top


Moderator:  Ames, Cord, MattJ, McSensei, Reiki 




Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Self Defense
Offering stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and other self defense products not available in stores.

Pepper Spray
Online distributor of self defense supplies like videos, stun guns, Tasers and more.

Spy Cameras
Surveillance, Hidden Cameras, Nanny Cams, Digital Recorders, Spy Equipment, Pocket DVR's and more

Stun Gun
Wholesale Directlhy to the Public! Stun gun and Taser Guns and personal protection products. Keep your loved ones at home safe!

 

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga