FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 25 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SenseiGregT, sagat, JFawkes, pluckysaga39, sgtdemeo
22911 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Dobbersky 5
AndyLA 5
Ed_Morris 4
futsaowingchun 3
ergees 3
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
New Topics
2014 World Championships Chelyabinsk: The Gallery
by ergees
Today at 03:51 AM
Biu Tzu- Snake hand strike
by futsaowingchun
08/27/14 09:02 PM
Chum Kiu 2nd section applications
by futsaowingchun
08/20/14 09:54 PM
2013 World Championship Rio: The Gallery (HD)
by ergees
08/19/14 05:22 AM
Chi Sao demonstration
by futsaowingchun
08/14/14 10:57 PM
Decent Fight channel
by FrankyFruits
08/07/14 09:19 PM
2014 European Championships Cadets Athens: Videos
by ergees
08/07/14 10:00 AM
Life goes on....
by Dobbersky
08/07/14 05:59 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:14 AM
Recent Posts
2014 World Championships Chelyabinsk: The Gallery
by ergees
Today at 03:51 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by Zombie Zero
08/29/14 10:50 PM
mindfullness meditation
by log1call
08/28/14 02:39 AM
Biu Tzu- Snake hand strike
by futsaowingchun
08/27/14 09:02 PM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Ed_Morris
08/26/14 09:58 PM
The Karate punch
by Ed_Morris
08/26/14 09:27 PM
Chum Kiu 2nd section applications
by futsaowingchun
08/20/14 09:54 PM
2013 World Championship Rio: The Gallery (HD)
by ergees
08/19/14 05:22 AM
attacked from behind
by AndyLA
08/16/14 04:59 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by VDJ
08/15/14 05:46 PM
Forum Stats
22911 Members
36 Forums
35573 Topics
432484 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 35 of 39 < 1 2 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 >
Topic Options
#397460 - 06/11/08 10:28 AM talk to me Jude!" [Re: jude33]
Barad Offline

Jude,

You made what appears to be a bizarre claim that ancient Mesopotamians travelled to Okinawa and somehow influenced the development of karate. Then when asked to justify your claim, you backtracked and waffled a bit about your "research" and how the answers are to be found in "earth science and anthropology" which I apparently need to study myself to understand what you are on about.

I do not believe for a moment that such travels took place or affected karate or that there is any evidence for this. I think this is fantasy out of your head, that you pretended to present as fact. This is your approach in all of these threads-you make unjustified claims and say, a bit pompously, you are performing "research".

A few months ago you told me you were "researching" Jion kata (Google, YouTube?), having made fantastical claims in detail about its Chinese origins, details I had seen from no one in 25 years of Shotokan and involvement with this kata. You claim to have studied a bit of Wado but you would not have spent a lot of time on this kata in a Wado school until after Shodan most likely and I doubt you reached anywhere near that level. I asked for information to support your views on Jion and you went silent.

You make similar claims to Goju practicioners here about obscure information in your possession regarding Goju kata and drills. But when challenged you fail to back them up at all.

Then you trash posters as "beginners" (not an insult per se but offensive if someone is actually quite experienced) based on not much evidence at all. Meanwhile you are secretive about your own experience, leading me to think that you have never actually put in the years (or graded to the level that the arrogance of your posts indicates) in any martial art. So please tell me I am wrong Jude and show me by filling in a few of the blanks!

B.

#397461 - 06/11/08 12:28 PM Re: talk to me Jude!" [Re: Barad]
BrianS Offline
Higher rank than you
Professional Poster

Loc: Northwest Arkansas
Barad,

Looks like you have jude and his tactics figured out. We probably won't hear from him for a bit because of his "researching" or "training". When you do hear back from him he'll want to know how much you can bench, what karate bunkai you see in the Machida's fights, or how Mike Tyson counters punches. He'll back his facts up by saying he weighs 109kilos so you are wrong and refer to medulanet's posts.
Friggin impossible, random, and weird dude that guy.

#397462 - 06/11/08 12:37 PM Re: talk to me Jude!" [Re: BrianS]
Barad Offline

Brian,

Yep, you are probably right-makes life interesting though! Pity if he has disappeared as I am genuinely (slightly)curious now (for some reason).
B.

#397463 - 06/11/08 12:50 PM Re: talk to me Jude!" [Re: BrianS]
MattJ Offline
Free Rhinoplasty!
Prolific

Loc: York PA. USA
Quote:

Looks like you have jude and his tactics figured out. We probably won't hear from him for a bit because of his "researching" or "training". When you do hear back from him he'll want to know how much you can bench, what karate bunkai you see in the Machida's fights, or how Mike Tyson counters punches. He'll back his facts up by saying he weighs 109kilos so you are wrong and refer to medulanet's posts.

To the T, Brian! Perfect!

#397464 - 06/11/08 01:30 PM Re: talk to me Jude!" [Re: MattJ]
cxt Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: USA
Mesopotamia?

Wow, I guess that beats my thesis on how many koryu techniques can be traced the the Roman legions that made it all the way to China--then their training and skills went from there to Japan.....roman had lots of gladitors you see and they learned many CQC skills, skills which were absorbed into the early Jujutsu schools in Japan.

Sure, it might "seem" like a reach..but you have enough to drink, squint your eyes just right......

Edited by cxt (06/11/08 01:32 PM)

#397465 - 06/11/08 01:42 PM Re: talk to me Jude!" [Re: cxt]
cxt Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: USA
Med

I don't think so, what I'm trying to get at is that there are often large differences between people that do the same art and learned under the same teacher.

Take Goju for example, depending on whom you talk to Miyagi's Goju is somewhat different from KH's art---esp when you look at a fundamental kata like Sanchin---KH reportadly looked very much like the present day Uechi Sanchin--open hands with quick movements...as goes the story.

And nobody emperically knows exactly what KH own teacher was doing or how exactly he did it-----there is some pretty good good research and speculation--but that ALSO shows a world of difference in how current practice differs from extint "root" art.
Was KH practice invaild because it no longer looks much at all like Whooping Crane Kung Fu? (as an example)

Or look at Ryuryu--same teacher as KH--as goes the story, yet in many areas they differ...and AGAIN, its supposed to tbe the SAME teacher.

At least one of Miyagi's contempories--and as of 30-40 years ago was a well regarded and respected Naha-te type stylist yet he did not even use the "pigioen toed stance" aka "Sanchin stance" when he did Sanchin kata--said it wasn't really needed--as long as one "felt" the toes were pointed in. (as recounted in Mark Bishops book--the name of the guy escapes me)

There are some serious "differnces" if one wants to use that term, between Miyagis kata and that of his sampei in KH dojo.....Kyodoa.

And the Shorin schools are even farther removed from their roots than the many of the Naha te styles.....since they...like Shotokan..look and "feel" very, very little like the parent or "root" art....what can be gathered from that?

IMO...nothing at all substantive.

Point being is that where one wants to establish a "feeling" depends on where one feels like drawing the line.
Sure it can be argued...but IMO doing so beyond the broadest strokes is a waste of time.

I guess you could say that my question would be "sure it can be argued about...but WHY????

Edited by cxt (06/11/08 01:48 PM)

#397466 - 06/11/08 02:35 PM Re: talk to me Jude!" [Re: Barad]
Zach_Zinn Offline
Veteran

Loc: Olympia, WA
Barad, normally I'd say your questions make perfect sense, but as mentioned earlier in the thread, Jude weighs 109 kilos, and this trumps logic, sorry but he wins

Seriously though, good luck, as Brian mentioned, this is par for the course with him. Requests for him to substantiate his ridiculous claims are met with:

1) ad hominem insults (usually related to your training)
2) More weird unrelated nonsense postings.
3) vague allusions to "research" and "studies"
4) claims of just being a "humble student".

And yeah he trains in a new art all the time, what can you say, the guy is a superstar. He seriously has claimed training in the subject of damn near every thread he's been on, yet strangely he's completely secretive about what he really trains in. As with the thing you mentioned about Jion kata, he also will tell you all about how he knows more than you about the art that you train in, and he doesn't (minus youtube videos I assume).

Cool stuff huh?

Edited by Zach_Zinn (06/11/08 02:45 PM)

#397467 - 06/11/08 05:26 PM Re: talk to me Jude!" [Re: Barad]
jude33 Offline
Veteran

Quote:

Brian,

Yep, you are probably right-makes life interesting though! Pity if he has disappeared as I am genuinely (slightly)curious now (for some reason).
B.

Nope not disappeared just waiting to see the reaction.
Just as I thought.
Slightly curious to what?

Jion research. Proved.
Goju research. Provable. One thing. I get the feeling that Zach studies a different strain of goju karate. Not okinawan based.
Connection to the origins of karate? In the making.

Barad you forgot the proof of a roundhouse kick in trad Okinawan kata? . Or is that still not believed? If it isnt believed are you a betting man?

Jude

Edited by jude33 (06/11/08 05:55 PM)

#397468 - 06/11/08 05:47 PM Re: talk to me Jude!" [Re: cxt]
jude33 Offline
Veteran

Quote:

Mesopotamia?

Wow, I guess that beats my thesis on how many koryu techniques can be traced the the Roman legions that made it all the way to China--then their training and skills went from there to Japan.....roman had lots of gladitors you see and they learned many CQC skills, skills which were absorbed into the early Jujutsu schools in Japan.

Hi CXT.
So are you saying the Romans had the only method of combat ? Ever? and the Japanese and the Chinese had to wait untill they arrived? and the Chinese nipped over to Okinawa and taught the Okinawans ti? or the other way around?

Or might you be saying that from the appearance of bipedalism in hominids, (being able to walk on two legs just to explain that for Brian)to the populating of the Earth that everthing was on hold untill the arrivel of the Romans? There was no other forms of combat?

Perhaps you could tell me why it wouldnt have come from Mesopotamia? Or that area?

Jude

Edited by jude33 (06/11/08 06:05 PM)

#397469 - 06/11/08 06:05 PM Re: talk to me Jude!" [Re: jude33]
shoshinkan Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: UK
Jude,

you said - 'proof of a roundhouse kick in trad Okinawan kata?'

Do you mean you have proof? if so I would be very interested to know about that,

Personally I havent seen/been taught a 'clearly defined roundhouse kick in trad okinawan kata',

and have had several significant seniors tell me it isn't there, so im interested!

Maybee we mean different things re roundhouse and trad okinawan kata?

www.shoshinkanuk.blogspot.com

Page 35 of 39 < 1 2 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 >

Moderator:  Ames, Cord, MattJ, Reiki, Ronin1966 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Self Defense
Offering stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and other self defense products not available in stores.

Pepper Spray
Online distributor of self defense supplies like videos, stun guns, Tasers and more.

Spy Cameras
Surveillance, Hidden Cameras, Nanny Cams, Digital Recorders, Spy Equipment, Pocket DVR's and more

Stun Gun
Wholesale Directlhy to the Public! Stun gun and Taser Guns and personal protection products. Keep your loved ones at home safe!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga