FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 20 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
TomRosenberg, jessylin, play, Keith_G, LeroyCFischer
22937 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
jwwmantis 2
futsaowingchun 1
Zombie Zero 1
Beefcake 1
LeroyCFischer 1
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
New Topics
Freeing Hand-Wing Chun's last movements
by futsaowingchun
12/17/14 09:40 PM
2015 Master Yang Jwing-Ming Seminar
by jwwmantis
12/05/14 10:36 PM
The Beginners Guide To Stretching
by
12/27/06 11:43 AM
Your true goal
by
03/03/06 07:16 AM
Recent Posts
Freeing Hand-Wing Chun's last movements
by futsaowingchun
12/17/14 09:40 PM
Your true goal
by Beefcake
12/11/14 02:44 AM
The Beginners Guide To Stretching
by LeroyCFischer
12/04/14 02:07 AM
Forum Stats
22937 Members
36 Forums
35591 Topics
432526 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 36 of 39 < 1 2 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 >
Topic Options
#397470 - 06/11/08 06:07 PM Re: talk to me Jude!" [Re: jude33]
Zach_Zinn Offline
Veteran

Loc: Olympia, WA
LMAO this stuff gets better and better, keep it up man!

Here we go again, Like I said everytime someone brings up inconsistencies in your story or ideas, you just insult their training.

You could always you know, look at my profile to find who I study with, since unlike you i'm public about it. Seriously.

but.... since we've established the immutable truth of your "research", I guess I study mesopotamian karate.

Lol sometimes I wonder whether Jude33 is for real or just some FA.com user's alter ego when he gets bored.

Just keep diggin' that hole deeper and deeper little buddy, eventually maybe everyone will forget and move on!

Edited by Zach_Zinn (06/11/08 06:12 PM)

#397471 - 06/11/08 06:08 PM Re: talk to me Jude!" [Re: shoshinkan]
jude33 Offline
Veteran

Quote:

Jude,

you said - 'proof of a roundhouse kick in trad Okinawan kata?'

Do you mean you have proof? if so I would be very interested to know about that,

Personally I havent seen/been taught a 'clearly defined roundhouse kick in trad okinawan kata',

and have had several significant seniors tell me it isn't there, so im interested!

Maybee we mean different things re roundhouse and trad okinawan kata?

Jim P.M on its way.

Jude

#397472 - 06/11/08 06:10 PM Re: talk to me Jude!" [Re: Zach_Zinn]
jude33 Offline
Veteran

Quote:

Here we go again, Like I said everytime someone brings up inconsistencies in your story or ideas, you just insult their training.

You could always you know, look at my profile to find who I study with, since unlike you i'm public about it. Seriously.

but.... since we've established the immutable truth of your "research", I guess I study mesopotamian karate.

Lol sometimes I wonder whether Jude33 is for real or just some FA.com user's alter ego when he gets bored.

I am not insulting anybody. If you would like to make a comparison then I am up for it. I dont think you study trad Okinawan goju.

Jude

#397473 - 06/11/08 06:18 PM Re: talk to me Jude!" [Re: jude33]
Zach_Zinn Offline
Veteran

Quote:

Quote:

I am not insulting anybody. If you would like to make a comparison then I am up for it. I dont think you study trad Okinawan goju.

Jude

Again, look at my profile, i'm public about what I do.
I train with Kris Wilder in Seattle WA: http://www.ymaa.com/publishing/authors/kris_wilder, and I run my own very small club in my own town of Olympia, WA.

Your turn, who do you train with again, and in what?

Edited by Zach_Zinn (06/11/08 06:19 PM)

#397474 - 06/11/08 06:20 PM Re: talk to me Jude!" [Re: BrianS]
jude33 Offline
Veteran

Quote:

Barad,

Looks like you have jude and his tactics figured out. We probably won't hear from him for a bit because of his "researching" or "training". When you do hear back from him he'll want to know how much you can bench, what karate bunkai you see in the Machida's fights, or how Mike Tyson counters punches. He'll back his facts up by saying he weighs 109kilos so you are wrong and refer to medulanet's posts.
Friggin impossible, random, and weird dude that guy.

Interesting how you posted videos, you started a thread, asked questions yet when asked you didint seem to even knew what Machido was doing? or couldnt be bothered stating what he was doing?
Or even finding the age uke that lead to a ko in the first video yet you state some MMA guy would come along and do what ever it is you stated?
I would request again if you could get one video you posted and state exactly what Machido did to win and how kata is connected to those techniques?

Otherwise how can you reach your conclusions?

When it gets technical you seem to be at a loss?

Jude

#397475 - 06/11/08 06:32 PM Re: talk to me Jude!" [Re: Zach_Zinn]
jude33 Offline
Veteran

[Jude

Again, look at my profile, i'm public about what I do.
I train with Kris Wilder in Seattle WA: http://www.ymaa.com/publishing/authors/kris_wilder, and I run my own very small club in my own town of Olympia, WA.

Your turn, who do you train with again, and in what?

Its in my profile how I train at present.

Sorry Zach. I would like a technical comparison with you about Okinawan goju. Ok seen as you require names.

One of the places I trained was with Roy Stanhope. Roy Stanhope was world champion at kata.

That was free style karate/ with shukokai kata. The place I trained with him was Blackpool.

Boxing. The second place I trained was again blackpool and if you want names it was at Brian London's place. Brian London by the way fought Ali way back.

Names dont mean a thing to me. I would like a technical comparison with you on Trad Goju.Because to be honest I dont think you practice trad Goju. It might be called goju but I doubt if it is trad goju. As regards S/D well the posts answer themselves. So rather than type these as I see silly comments why cant we make a comparison?

Jude

Edited by jude33 (06/11/08 06:46 PM)

#397476 - 06/11/08 06:38 PM Re: talk to me Jude!" [Re: jude33]
Zach_Zinn Offline
Veteran

Quote:

Names dont mean a thing to me. I would like a technical comparison with you on Trad Goju.Because to be honest I dont think you practice trad Goju.

Jude

A comparision of what to what? What are you wanting to compare? At least make an attempt to phrase things sensibly.

Since I posted my background, you can infer whatever you want from it, I don't really care if you think it's Okinawan enough or not, as I don't consider you an authority on much of anything.

Again I don't need to prove anything at all to you, but if you can actually form a coherent thought and post things to be "compared" we can give it a try.

Somehow though I think you will turn it into your usual drivel.

My only is issue is amazement that you've been allowed to get away with the ridiculous behaviour you engage in on this forum as long as you have, on many more moderated MA forums you'd have been banned a long time ago for the hiding of background and constant evasiveness you show in pretty much every one of your posts.

How about you stop with the evasion and answer everyone's questions about your supposed historical connection between Mesopotamia and Okinawa.

Or are you gonna just make up more crap about how I

1) Don't train 'trad' Goju Ryu
2) Don't spar hard enough
3) Am a beginner

Hmm.. lets see how it plays out!

Edited by Zach_Zinn (06/11/08 06:46 PM)

#397477 - 06/11/08 06:40 PM Re: talk to me Jude!" [Re: jude33]
cxt Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: USA
jude

Nope, what I was doing was mocking the idea that Mespoatamia in usual use of the term could be connected in any meaningful fashion with extint martial arts of okinwa...sorry I was not more clear.

All kidding aside, there are several of logical errors in the approach your taking.

1- I still think your just kidding, so I'm not taking this all that seriously

2-(more importantly( asking me "why couldn't it have come from Mesopatmaia" has it exactly BACKWARDS--the burden of proof is always on the person making the claim...if I claim I can fly, YOU are not obligated to prove that I CAN'T..I have to prove that I can.

3-Its a common error these days...the notion that if can advance a given line of reasoning and argue it etc that it much be treated as "fact" is flawed...and in my view sloppy, in general terms.

Almost ANYTHING can be argued, even defended...case in point I can show the Roman connection to China and the impression it had upon military matters IN China without much effort...the rest of it is a house of cards, flimsy and vastly weak.......that I can "sound" like its "possible" is both the problem and the point.

Edited by cxt (06/11/08 06:41 PM)

#397478 - 06/11/08 07:05 PM Re: talk to me Jude!" [Re: Zach_Zinn]
jude33 Offline
Veteran

Zach please dont take this the wrong way. Your idea of training and communication isnt mine. So I wish you all the best in training and have fun.

Jude

#397479 - 06/11/08 07:29 PM Re: talk to me Jude!" [Re: cxt]
jude33 Offline
Veteran

Quote:

jude

Nope, what I was doing was mocking the idea that Mespoatamia in usual use of the term could be connected in any meaningful fashion with extint martial arts of okinwa...sorry I was not more clear.

CXT. I wasnt kidding. There is a good evidence that people from Mesopotamia or the area around Mesopotamia were on Okinawa and the surrounding islands.

If that can be proven beyond doubt then who is to say that the origins of Okinawan karate didnt begin with those people?

Anyhow food for thought that the practioner of shuri ti practice something which more than likely had the elements of a complete system in it at one time.

Jude

Just a footnote. People sometimes dont believe most things in history. The Mediterranean was once a desert or it wasnt?
Most evidence says it was a desert although it is hard to believe.

Page 36 of 39 < 1 2 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 >

Moderator:  Ames, Cord, MattJ, Reiki, Ronin1966 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Ryukyu Art
Artifacts from the Ryukyu Kingdom missing since WWII. Visit www.ShisaLion.Org to view pictures

Best Stun Guns
Self Defense Products-stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and more

Surveillance 4U
Complete surveillance systems for covert operations or secure installation security

Asylum Images
Book presents photo tour of the Trans-Allegany Lunatic Asylum. A must if you're going to take a ghost tour!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga