FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 72 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Shanktotheright, royal, bobgalle100011, agenonline, TooNice
22862 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Dobbersky 3
THEFOREVERMAN 3
MattJ 2
royal 2
cxt 1
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
New Topics
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by Marcus Charles
03/24/14 04:39 PM
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by Dobbersky
03/20/14 05:45 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
AKK kata question
by
09/04/05 01:27 PM
Recent Posts
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by THEFOREVERMAN
04/16/14 08:22 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by THEFOREVERMAN
04/16/14 08:20 AM
AKK kata question
by MattJ
04/04/14 05:45 PM
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Forum Stats
22862 Members
36 Forums
35546 Topics
432378 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Topic Options
#396068 - 05/19/08 09:57 PM Holographic nature of reality
jkdwarrior Offline

Loc: belfast, Antrim, Ireland
http://www.crystalinks.com/holographic.html

Hi, I was just wondering what others thought about this idea. It's quite long, but it's something I've never heard of until recently and there certainly seems to be some evidence for it.

If it is true, then it would correlate well with what all these yogis and enlightened masters say.

#396069 - 05/20/08 08:43 AM Re: Holographic nature of reality [Re: jkdwarrior]
MattJ Offline
Free Rhinoplasty!
Prolific

Loc: York PA. USA
While I can see the "holographic" idea of reality, the article loses me when starting to imply that quantum effects produce magical results at the macro level. This seems like more New-Age tripe trying to use quantum science to explain magic, God, the "uni-mind", etc.

I do agree that quantum science is very hard to understand, and we know very little about it yet. But magic, etc? More likely is that human perception is easily decieved, although it doesn't seem like it. And no one likes to admit it!

#396070 - 05/20/08 12:31 PM Re: Holographic nature of reality [Re: MattJ]
jkdwarrior Offline

Thats exactly my view. There doesn't seem to be a definite answer, but I don't think it's God.

In a meditative state though, just picturing the whole world including myself as an illusion, seems to bring on that awareness and relaxation I'm aiming for.

#396071 - 05/20/08 01:27 PM Re: Holographic nature of reality [Re: jkdwarrior]
ThomsonsPier Offline

Loc: Reading, UK
I've heard the theory before, but not the rather creative spin on it that allows for spoon bending. As there's no verifiable experiment that can be done to decide things one way or the other then it remains little more than intriguing philosophy.

War. It's fan-tastic!

#396072 - 05/30/08 01:29 AM Re: Holographic nature of reality [Re: jkdwarrior]
fileboy2002 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Chicago, IL
People have been drawing parallels between modern physics and Eastern mysticim for years. The concensus among physicists seems to be that the supposed "similarities" are contrived and superficial. Science is not WHAT we know, but a way of knowing. Mysticism may also be a way of knowing, but a very different way than science.

#396073 - 05/30/08 09:09 AM Re: Holographic nature of reality [Re: jkdwarrior]
Borrek Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Ann Arbor, MI
The thing that was entirely glossed over is that the source of all holographs is an actual physical object. It is amazing that any portion of the reflected laser or holographic projection contains the information for the whole image, BUT the big thing is that the information it contains is about an actual physical object.

So, that leads to the point that if the universe is holographic in nature, then somewhere there must be a physical universe from which we gathered all of the information.

Another thing not discussed in the articles main point of subatomic particles communicating over space, is that the only particles that communicate (and by communicate they mean have an identical spin state no matter where they are) are subatomic particles of matter and their corresponding anti-matter. For example Electron A has the same spin as Proton A which was formed at their inception. Electron A does not have the same spin state as Electron B, and it seems like this is what the author was implying.

#396074 - 05/30/08 08:57 PM Re: Holographic nature of reality [Re: Borrek]
jkdwarrior Offline

Quote:

So, that leads to the point that if the universe is holographic in nature, then somewhere there must be a physical universe from which we gathered all of the information.

Or more dimensions that we are simply not aware of. String theory suggests that there are as many as 11 other dimensions.

Moderator:  Cord, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Stun Guns
Variety of stun gun devices for your protection

Buy Pepper Spray
Worry about your family when you’re not around? Visit us today to protect everything you value.

Koryu.com
Accurate information on the ancient martial traditions of the Japanese samurai

C2 Taser
Protect yourself and loved ones from CRIME with the latest C2 Taser citizen model. Very effective.

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga