FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 36 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
LeroyCFischer, JadeKing, Beefcake, WesJones, simonajones111
22933 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
futsaowingchun 2
charlie 2
Zombie Zero 1
harlan 1
Matakiant 1
November
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
New Topics
unrecognized kata
by William_Bent
11/19/14 07:05 PM
I gained a lot of month in the last few months
by simonajones111
11/19/14 04:54 AM
Siu Lin Tao-3rd section applications
by futsaowingchun
11/13/14 06:48 PM
Screen fighting course UK December 2014
by charlie
11/11/14 04:09 PM
Siu Lin Tao-1st section Pak Sao explanations
by futsaowingchun
11/09/14 10:30 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
MA style video library
by
03/22/06 03:18 PM
Recent Posts
unrecognized kata
by William_Bent
11/19/14 07:05 PM
I gained a lot of month in the last few months
by simonajones111
11/19/14 04:54 AM
Siu Lin Tao-3rd section applications
by futsaowingchun
11/13/14 06:48 PM
Screen fighting course UK December 2014
by charlie
11/11/14 04:09 PM
MA style video library
by charlie
11/11/14 04:05 PM
Siu Lin Tao-1st section Pak Sao explanations
by futsaowingchun
11/09/14 10:30 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/29/14 10:01 PM
Forum Stats
22933 Members
36 Forums
35589 Topics
432521 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#395818 - 05/18/08 01:27 AM People are a**holes
TheCrab Offline
Scum

Loc: QLD Australia
Felt like sharing a story. Me my missus and best mate were out at surfers paradise clubbing friday night, and we were sitting down eating when some drunk idiot came up to us and started hitting on my girlfriend, so I told him I was with her. Anyway he just told me he didnt give a ****, and that he would kick our asses if we did anything. anyway, I stood up and told him to get f***ed, to which he pulled out a knife and started threatening all of us. anyways my mate smashed the bottle he had and told the bloke to [censored] off, to which he ran away.

anyways we finished eating and walked outside about half an hour later, and about 6 guys, including the knife dude started walking towards us and throwing bottles and calling us [censored] and stuff, so we went back inside and called our mates up to get us.
anyways our mates get there and got us, and we went outside to sort the guys out. as soon as they saw there was more of us than them they ran down the street like greased lightning.

I dont know what the morale of the story is, but that sort of thing really gives me the f**ing sh*ts
im considering buying a huge knife to take around with me, its illegal but you almost need it these days.

anyone else got any stories like that? or comments?

#395819 - 05/18/08 03:06 AM Re: People are a**holes [Re: TheCrab]
Sorin Offline

Loc: Oxford, MS
hmmm, I don't know about Australia law, but in the states, if someone threatens you with a knife, they go to jail. Wouldn't it have been easier to just have the police deal with them instead of calling friends to help fight a gang of them? If they had a gun, they might not have run like greased lightning, but instead fired a few rounds into you guys.

Sorin

#395820 - 05/18/08 03:19 AM Re: People are a**holes [Re: TheCrab]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Loc: Cambridge UK.
Quote:

I dont know what the morale of the story is, but that sort of thing really gives me the f**ing sh*ts
im considering buying a huge knife to take around with me, its illegal but you almost need it these days.

Moral of the story: Take your girlfriend to a nicer class of restaurant you cheap-a$$. or: get a girlfriend who tells other guys to get lost herself because she wants to be with you, not enjoy te attention of other men.

Comment: For a minute I thought you had grown a brain when you said you had retreated inside to phone friends to come get you- then you let me down by saying you all went out to fight- with at least one guy you knew was armed, plus his friends. Genius plan Einstein

Lets say you buy yourself a knife. now lets play your scenario out with you carrying said weapon.

The guy chats up your girlfriend, you row, he pulls his knife, so you pull yours. What now? What if he doesnt run away? you going to use it? Why? because he talked to your girlfriend? How many uys is she going to talk to when waiting for you to get out of jail?

Quote:

anyone else got any stories like that?

Yep. There was a guy I had just met at Uni, we were in a group, drunk and messing around having 'sword fights' with rolled up magazines. I was owning him, and it pi$$ed him off a bit so *click* he pulled a switchblade. Everyone just froze, including me. i asked him calmly what he was doing, and he said he didnt know- just that he didnt like being hit on the head with the magazine. i asked if he wanted to use the knife- he said 'not really', and so I said that was cool, and the atmosphere relaxed a bit. I told him I thought the knife was wicked (it was- a pearl handle inlay, lovely), and asked if I could see it. He said 'sure' and handed it over. I immediately dropped him like a sack of sh*t and left him bleeding on the ground, telling him he was lucky I didnt stab him, and told him he was never to carry it around me again.
Turns out he was like you- worried about attack, and had the knife for 'protection'. Alcohol made him draw it unwisely, and this, ironically, led him to get a broken nose for his trouble- the very sort of thing he was trying to avoid in the first place.

Crab, you can be a young fool, dont promote yourself to a complete f*cking idiot.

#395821 - 05/18/08 03:20 AM Re: People are a**holes [Re: Sorin]
TheCrab Offline
Scum

nar not at surfers, that stuffs so common the police dont care.
someone actually has to get stabbed/hurt for them to come

your right about the guns, but then again we needed to do something.
just people like that that really annoy me. noone fights fair

#395822 - 05/18/08 03:25 AM Re: People are a**holes [Re: TheCrab]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Quote:

nar not at surfers, that stuffs so common the police dont care.
someone actually has to get stabbed/hurt for them to come

Then why the hell go there? especially with your GF. Take her nice places, do nice things. Surround yourself with good positive people and you will never need your fists, let alone a blade.

Quote:

just people like that that really annoy me. noone fights fair

What is 'fair'?. A fight is about asserting dominance over another, or injuring them whilst incurring less injury yourself. You want 'fair' then take up a sport, dont look for it in a freakin bar full of drunks

#395823 - 05/18/08 03:42 AM Re: People are a**holes [Re: Cord]
TheCrab Offline
Scum

Quote:

Then why the hell go there? especially with your GF. Take her nice places, do nice things. Surround yourself with good positive people and you will never need your fists, let alone a blade.

surfers is the only place you can go, its where every nightclub, restaurant and thing to do is within miles. its just one of those violent places unfortunately.

Quote:

What if he doesnt run away?

what if he doesnt run when you dont have one?

Quote:

For a minute I thought you had grown a brain when you said you had retreated inside to phone friends to come get you

I phoned them because I was worried about my girlfriend. but honestly what would you do? your telling me if some seedy 20 year old bogan started telling your wife how hot she was while she was at a table with you, you would just sit there?
I dont go around starting fights, and you might think im an idiot for doing it, but youd do the same thing. some people take stuff too far

#395824 - 05/18/08 03:56 AM Re: People are a**holes [Re: TheCrab]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Quote:

but honestly what would you do? your telling me if some seedy 20 year old bogan started telling your wife how hot she was while she was at a table with you, you would just sit there?

Absolutely. my wife has no problem taking a compliment, nor telling the person giving it that she only has eyes for me.
You need to develop trust in your partner, not your knife collection.

Quote:

I dont go around starting fights, and you might think im an idiot for doing it, but youd do the same thing. some people take stuff too far

How is talking to your GF taking things 'too far'? a girl is like a handful of sand- squeeze your grip tightly, and watch it run through your fingers before your very eyes.

You cant pull a knife on everyone who talks to your GF- you will end up dead, or in prison, or with a criminal record that makes you unemployable; and for what? The chances of this chick being 'the one' are slim to zero. And if there is a real chance that she would go off with a guy when she is dating you, then you already know that she isnt worth the aggro you are making for yourself.

#395825 - 05/18/08 04:04 AM Re: People are a**holes [Re: Cord]
TheCrab Offline
Scum

your right about what you said, but I dont think you read it right, I calmly told the dude I was with her, and then he went crazy at us

your making me sound like a complete [censored], i dont go around beating up people that talk to my girlfriend, but when someone pulls a knife on us thats just too far

Quote:

Absolutely. my wife has no problem taking a compliment

does she (or you?) have a problem with getting yelled at and threatened?
thats what I meant by taking it too far.

#395826 - 05/18/08 04:12 AM Re: People are a**holes [Re: TheCrab]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Quote:

does she (or you?) have a problem with getting yelled at and threatened?
thats what I meant by taking it too far.

Crab, what i am saying is that its not your job to announce to a guy that your girlfriend is just that. The first person to say that should be your GF herself, then he gets the message from a non - threatening source, and he does not feel the instinct to 'save face'. You saying 'hey mate, leave her be, she is with me' instantly removes thew girl from the situation, demoting her to 'property' to be contested over. This is all subconcious instinct- it cant be helped. Leave it to her next time, and you will probably have a quieter night.

#395827 - 05/18/08 09:04 AM Re: People are a**holes [Re: TheCrab]
kung_fu_eyes Offline

Loc: West Midlands, UK
greased lightning

Does this 'rough bar' have bouncers?

Why wasnt the police called by you or other people in the bar?

And Ive heard rumours OZ in a nice place to live

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Ames, Cord, MattJ, McSensei, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Ryukyu Art
Artifacts from the Ryukyu Kingdom missing since WWII. Visit www.ShisaLion.Org to view pictures

Best Stun Guns
Self Defense Products-stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and more

Surveillance 4U
Complete surveillance systems for covert operations or secure installation security

Asylum Images
Book presents photo tour of the Trans-Allegany Lunatic Asylum. A must if you're going to take a ghost tour!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga