FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 29 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
TomRosenberg, jessylin, play, Keith_G, LeroyCFischer
22937 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
jwwmantis 2
LeroyCFischer 1
futsaowingchun 1
Zombie Zero 1
Beefcake 1
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
New Topics
Freeing Hand-Wing Chun's last movements
by futsaowingchun
12/17/14 09:40 PM
2015 Master Yang Jwing-Ming Seminar
by jwwmantis
12/05/14 10:36 PM
The Beginners Guide To Stretching
by
12/27/06 11:43 AM
Your true goal
by
03/03/06 07:16 AM
Recent Posts
Freeing Hand-Wing Chun's last movements
by futsaowingchun
12/17/14 09:40 PM
Your true goal
by Beefcake
12/11/14 02:44 AM
The Beginners Guide To Stretching
by LeroyCFischer
12/04/14 02:07 AM
Forum Stats
22937 Members
36 Forums
35591 Topics
432526 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#395838 - 10/05/08 01:25 PM Re: People are a**holes [Re: TheCrab]
MAGon Offline
Veteran

Loc: Miami, Fl.
Quote:

Btw - Surfer's Paradise / Gold Coast isn't so bad. Miami makes it look like Disneyland.

I resent that!
Seriously, though, I don't know where Miami gets this bum rep. There are rough parts of town where it's unsafe to walk to the grocery store after dark. In most neighborhoods, people feel, and are, safe.
South Beach, the main club scene here, has it's share of drunken fools making scenes. The same as any other place in the world where you get a mix of young, sometimes immature, people looking for kicks, clubs, alcohol and, unfortunately, an illicit drug trade. However, there's not a club or bar I can think of where things would be allowed to escalate to the degree of this incident. The club's bouncers, as well as the police, would be involved in a heartbeat.

Quote:

surfers is the only place you can go, its where every nightclub, restaurant and thing to do is within miles. its just one of those violent places unfortunately.

Dude, then don't go! Buy a couple of six packs, get a sound system, call your friends and hang out at your place or theirs.
To me, having a drink with friends is about fun. If it involves hanging out in a rough atmosphere, where my woman is apt to be insulted, fights are common, people pull knives, there's no security people to keep a lid on things and the police don't bother to come, where's the fun???? I'd be so alert and tense, I wouldn't be able to relax, much less enjoy myself.
You make it sound like you don't have a choice in the matter, just like you don't have a choice about carrying a knife around. Fact is you do, and it seems you choose this environment, and want to be told you have no choice but to pack a blade. Well, I'm not going to. Hang out in that type of place, expect trouble. Use a blade, expect at best to do jail time, at worst to be gutted like a fish by some other fool with a knife.

#395839 - 10/05/08 11:55 PM Re: People are a**holes [Re: MAGon]
dandjurdjevic Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Australia
Quote:

Quote:

Btw - Surfer's Paradise / Gold Coast isn't so bad. Miami makes it look like Disneyland.

I resent that!
Seriously, though, I don't know where Miami gets this bum rep. There are rough parts of town where it's unsafe to walk to the grocery store after dark. In most neighborhoods, people feel, and are, safe.

Lol! My comment was intended to say that the Gold Coast is actually very quiet and peaceful - not that Miami is particularly violent or unsafe! (Miami and the Gold Coast have similar climates and "lifestyle").

Otherwise I agree with you and Cord. Don't go out if you keep getting in trouble.

I used to go to the Gold Coast (Surfer's Paradise) every year on holiday (my father's family lives there). Never had a cross word with anyone. If anyone ever called out some drunken nonsense I'd just smile and wave. Then go back to the apartment and look in the fridge...

#395840 - 10/06/08 08:38 AM Re: People are a**holes [Re: dandjurdjevic]
MAGon Offline
Veteran

Loc: Miami, Fl.
Quote:

Lol! My comment was intended to say that the Gold Coast is actually very quiet and peaceful - not that Miami is particularly violent or unsafe! (Miami and the Gold Coast have similar climates and "lifestyle").

Oh, hey, that's the spirit in which I took your remark.
That said, though, I wrote what I did thinking of other readers. The fact is that during what got to be called the "Cocaine Wars" of the late 70s and 80s, violence in Miami, which was the focal point for cocaine traffic at the time, got to be outrageous. Those times are long gone, but the image of wildness is still with us, unfairly. Just setting the record straight.

#395841 - 10/20/08 11:07 AM Re: People are a**holes [Re: MAGon]
Ilove2Hit Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
.. lol how funny. just this night i was at the police because i got into some trouble. yes. some ppl are ar$es!

i was walking down the street on my way to my gf´s house when i heard some girl screaming.
i took a look around the corner and saw 4 guys surrounding a girl holder her hands and pulling her to the ground by the hair and one slapping her into the face. i quickly called my friends which work in a bar around the corner and told them to call the police and an abulance to the place where i was.

i told them not to come because i did not know if any1 of these guys were armed or smthg. so i didnt want to put my friends and danger.

then i just ran in and tackled to of them to the ground and started going berserk. aparently i could free the girl from the guys but she was so shocked that she just couldnt get up and/or run away.

the second when the 4 guys got up and surrounded now the two of us was the second when i though "oh [censored]". (i laugh now thinking back, since i am still alive.... but then.. :S)

i just thought that i would have to attack them and not letting them attack me (i would stand no chance if 2 would grap me and 2 would hold me)

aparently i grapped the biggest guy and started head butting him and giving him some nice low kicks (i rly thanked my muay thai teacher 2day) and keeping my hands up all the time for defense.

aperently my "wild" and "aggressive" behaivour stunned the other guys and say saw how quick and accurate i was elbowing and punching and kicking around me. this probably saved me.

my friends came just a moment later (even though i didnt tell them but okay.. iw ould do the same for them) and fell over the other 3. we didnt beat them up anymore. jsut made sure they had no knives or anything with them. there is no need to beat them up if we are 25 ppl and they 4.

the police arrived a few minutes later (always late... t.t)

the girl is okay. but the has a scar now in her face. she´ll also get some psychological assistance now.

the boy slapping her (the ones face i cracked) was apreently her ex-bf. she quitted on him and he couldnt deal with it. him and his friends waited for her in front of her house and he asked her to be with him again. she said no and this was his reactions. come on ppl... what the F***?!?!?!

i am mostly fine. my body and my face have some blueish/black spots and my jaw hurts like hell (i took a few punches). but i am okay.

its weird that we´re living in the year 2008 and sh1t like this still happens..

i just hope the girl get well soon.

the boys now have to deal with the curt..

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Ames, Cord, MattJ, McSensei, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Fight Videos
Night club fight footage and street fights captured with the world's first bouncer spy cam

How to Matrix!
Learn ten times faster with new training method. Learn entire arts for as little as $10 per disk.

Self Defense
Stun guns, pepper spray, Mace and self defense products. Alarms for personal and home use.

TASER MC26C
Stop An Urban Gorilla: Get 2 FREE TASER M26C Replacement Air Cartridges With Each New TASER M26C!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga