FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 30 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
AndyLA, danacohenn, ksusanc, kellypnik123, leyinn
22904 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Dobbersky 12
cxt 7
trevek 6
JKogas 5
futsaowingchun 4
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
New Topics
Applied center line theory
by futsaowingchun
Today at 08:55 AM
centerline concepts
by futsaowingchun
07/14/14 10:49 PM
language of syllabus
by trevek
07/11/14 03:36 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:14 AM
10 San Sik drills-Wing Chun's foundation
by futsaowingchun
06/30/14 11:20 AM
"Ip Man" and "Ip Man 2" the movies.
by TaekwonDoFan
06/30/14 11:02 AM
Anderson Silva - Leg Break
by Dobbersky
12/30/13 08:32 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
Gi or no Gi Grappling?
by Prizewriter
04/16/12 02:48 PM
MMA - A passing Fad
by Dobbersky
04/12/12 11:16 AM
Recent Posts
Gi or no Gi Grappling?
by Prizewriter
Today at 10:15 AM
Applied center line theory
by futsaowingchun
Today at 08:55 AM
centerline concepts
by futsaowingchun
Today at 08:53 AM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by cxt
07/24/14 11:35 AM
language of syllabus
by trevek
07/14/14 04:50 PM
MMA - A passing Fad
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:35 AM
Anderson Silva - Leg Break
by Dobbersky
07/09/14 06:13 AM
Throwing
by JKogas
07/03/14 07:40 PM
10 San Sik drills-Wing Chun's foundation
by futsaowingchun
06/30/14 11:20 AM
"Ip Man" and "Ip Man 2" the movies.
by TaekwonDoFan
06/30/14 11:02 AM
Forum Stats
22904 Members
36 Forums
35564 Topics
432453 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#394585 - 05/09/08 07:10 PM i may have damaged my hands with Ki...
userno99 Offline
Stranger

i have been experimenting with my ki (i actually prefer spelling it chi) for the past... 15 minutes. i discharged a ki ball into some water and it has been vibrating since. i am absolutly sure it exists (IT IS NOT A BUNCH OF HOCUS POCUS.)

i need some help though:
i was drawing ki from the earth and air to create a ki ball in each of my hands. once i accomplished this i began spining and compressing the ki balls. then, i merged them by putting my hands together. the closer my hands got the more pressure i felt in between them. when i finally put my hands completely together. i started feeling the tingling sensation ki generates (still feeling it,) so i concluded there was ki trapped within my aura meaning i did not absorb all of the ki into my "sea of Ki." my hands are cramping and twitching now as i write. could i have damaged my hands?

P.S. how can i discharge the ki "resedue" in my aura? (or in my hands)

#394586 - 05/09/08 07:22 PM Re: i may have damaged my hands with Ki... [Re: userno99]
MattJ Offline
Free Rhinoplasty!
Prolific

Loc: York PA. USA

#394587 - 05/09/08 07:46 PM Re: i may have damaged my hands with Ki... [Re: MattJ]
userno99 Offline
Stranger

i can actually see it in my aura. (Dont start calling aura BS to)

also that didn't change my mind i was actually having trouble placing my hands together

#394588 - 05/10/08 02:13 AM Re: i may have damaged my hands with Ki... [Re: userno99]
BrianS Offline
Higher rank than you
Professional Poster

Loc: Northwest Arkansas
Quote:

how can i discharge the ki "resedue" in my aura? (or in my hands)

Whoa! That's intense. I hope you have not done permanent damage,but it may be too late.

Here's what you need to do.

Set your clock back to the time it was when you began. Say the eaxct things and do the exact things you did,but backwards!! Even try to pronounce the words backwards!! You need to give back the chi to the earth and air!! Mother nature is punishing you!!

Hurry!! You are contributing to global warming!!!

#394589 - 05/10/08 01:02 PM Re: i may have damaged my hands with Ki... [Re: userno99]
WuXing Offline

Loc: Idaho, USA
Quote:

i have been experimenting with my ki (i actually prefer spelling it chi) for the past... 15 minutes. i discharged a ki ball into some water and it has been vibrating since. i am absolutly sure it exists (IT IS NOT A BUNCH OF HOCUS POCUS.)

i need some help though:
i was drawing ki from the earth and air to create a ki ball in each of my hands. once i accomplished this i began spining and compressing the ki balls. then, i merged them by putting my hands together. the closer my hands got the more pressure i felt in between them. when i finally put my hands completely together. i started feeling the tingling sensation ki generates (still feeling it,) so i concluded there was ki trapped within my aura meaning i did not absorb all of the ki into my "sea of Ki." my hands are cramping and twitching now as i write. could i have damaged my hands?

Just forget about it. Stop thinking about it, and everything will go away.

#394590 - 05/10/08 05:16 PM Re: i may have damaged my hands with Ki... [Re: WuXing]
ttruscott Offline
Annoying ex-Member who tries to advertise on every post

Loc: BC Canada
Quote:

Ummm, psssst,

whatever you do, don't you dare touch your girlfriend!!!!

#394591 - 05/14/08 01:40 AM Re: i may have damaged my hands with Ki... [Re: userno99]
cxt Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: USA

Every time school starts to let out---almost like clock work.

Kids with no lives decide to infest the boards--then we gotta wait until Fall or they actually get a girlfriend to get things back on track.

Oh well, maybe a new video game will come out.

#394592 - 05/17/08 10:50 PM Re: i may have damaged my hands with Ki... [Re: ttruscott]
jkdwarrior Offline

Loc: belfast, Antrim, Ireland
Quote:

Quote:

Ummm, psssst,

whatever you do, don't you dare touch your girlfriend!!!!

Tell me how to do it. I think my girlfriend would really appreciate it.

#394593 - 05/18/08 03:32 PM Re: i may have damaged my hands with Ki... [Re: userno99]
Stormdragon Offline
Who Dares Wins
Professional Poster

Loc: Salem, OR
Quote:

i can actually see it in my aura. (Dont start calling aura BS to)

also that didn't change my mind i was actually having trouble placing my hands together

Auras are BS. Considering innanimate objects have "auras". It's called synesthesia. http://skepdic.com/auras.html

Common sense bro, use it.
Member of DaJoGen MMA school under Dave Hagen and Team Chaos fight team under Denver Mangiyatan and Chris Toquero, ran out of Zanshin Martial Arts in Salem Oregon: http://www.zanshinarts.org/Home.aspx,

#394594 - 05/18/08 09:26 PM Re: i may have damaged my hands with Ki... [Re: userno99]
Reiki Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: MiddleEarth
Ground yourself. And Drink some water.

Except from another site---> A simple Grounding technique

Bring your thoughts from busy mental chatter downward by focusing on your feet. Don't rush this process. Take your time moving from each part of your body. Also, you don't need to touch yourself, just allow your mind to switch focus from wherever it is. Begin with your feet and move upwards.

Notice the soles of your feet, your toes, in-between your toes, the top of your feet, the back of your ankle.

Do they feel hot? or cold? Do they hurt? Are they numb? Do you feel your blood circulating through them? Are they feeling tired?

Don't judge how they feel - just notice how they feel. Wiggle your toes. How does that feel?

Once you have a made a strong connection with your feet you may then move your attention upwards to your ankle... then switch focus to your lower legs, onto your knee caps, behind your knees, your thighs, and so on.

Keep reminding yourself not to rush.

Allow yourself to breathe throughout the scanning process, especially as you come to any areas of discomfort (stressed muscles, soreness, etc.) or at any spot that feels like there may be an energy block.

Once you have moved through your torso and up to your neck, drop back down to your fingertips, move your attention to the hands, up your arms and shoulders, returning your attention once again to your neck before finishing up with your focus on face and scalp.

--------

This is a simple meditation which will bring body awareness.

If you are intending learning more about ki techniques

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Cord, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Stun Guns
Variety of stun gun devices for your protection

Buy Pepper Spray
Worry about your family when you’re not around? Visit us today to protect everything you value.

Koryu.com
Accurate information on the ancient martial traditions of the Japanese samurai

C2 Taser
Protect yourself and loved ones from CRIME with the latest C2 Taser citizen model. Very effective.

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga