FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 50 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
mohdnabeel, sunny, swordy, jerrybarry24, SenseiGregT
22915 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Ed_Morris 4
AndyLA 3
Matakiant 3
futsaowingchun 2
Zombie Zero 2
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
New Topics
Martial News
by Matakiant
Today at 06:42 AM
STX Kickboxing Seminar
by Marcus Charles
09/09/14 06:57 PM
Biu Tzu- 1st section applications
by futsaowingchun
09/05/14 10:56 PM
2014 World Championships Chelyabinsk: The Gallery
by ergees
09/01/14 03:51 AM
Biu Tzu- Snake hand strike
by futsaowingchun
08/27/14 09:02 PM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
mindfullness meditation
by
01/06/09 11:27 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by
05/13/07 08:02 AM
Recent Posts
Martial News
by Matakiant
Today at 06:42 AM
attacked from behind
by AndyLA
09/19/14 09:05 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Matakiant
09/18/14 07:11 AM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
09/18/14 06:07 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by Zombie Zero
09/16/14 04:43 PM
Eugue Ryu
by kolslaw
09/12/14 03:35 PM
Biu Tzu- 1st section applications
by futsaowingchun
09/05/14 10:56 PM
2014 World Championships Chelyabinsk: The Gallery
by ergees
09/01/14 03:51 AM
mindfullness meditation
by log1call
08/31/14 09:43 PM
Biu Tzu- Snake hand strike
by futsaowingchun
08/27/14 09:02 PM
Forum Stats
22915 Members
36 Forums
35576 Topics
432496 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#390911 - 04/17/08 06:36 PM Re: ENERGY Collection [Re: jude33]
jkdwarrior Offline

Loc: belfast, Antrim, Ireland
Sounds to me like you just realised one of the ways your body can move. With years of practice, this will continue to get stronger, and you'll learn to do it in all directions.
An instructor will get you there ten times faster.

#390912 - 04/18/08 07:40 PM Re: ENERGY Collection [Re: jkdwarrior]
kapow Offline

Thank You to:

sorin
eyrie
jkdwarrior

For some decent answers.

Thanks to the rest for showing how silly, ignorant and skeptical they can be. I guess now we know why this site is so dead and not as busy as it used to be a couple of years back.

jkdwarrior you may be right..i was reading about yoga in-depth and may have found my answers. Cultivation sounds like a better term than collection lol.

Those who wish to be kept upto date on my progress let me know..im seeking instruction soon! could add that extra 'oomph' in ya martial arts practice..unless ofcourse everyones already ther and im lagging behind hehe

#390913 - 04/21/08 10:09 AM Re: ENERGY Collection [Re: kapow]
BrianS Offline
Higher rank than you
Professional Poster

Loc: Northwest Arkansas
Your posts a couple of years ago were just as foolish.

Wisdom does not always come with age.

#390914 - 04/21/08 10:37 AM Re: ENERGY Collection [Re: kapow]
laf7773 Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Limbo
So where is this remote location you are from? I'm sure there are more training opportunities there than you think.

I'll be totally honest with you, it's an over active imagination. Tell us where you are and we will help you find good instruction. As for the rest i burned my self out on this subject years ago, right here in this section of the forum. So quite honestly there are more than a few threads here that already deal with this discussion, all you have to do is look.

#390915 - 04/21/08 11:29 AM Re: ENERGY Collection [Re: laf7773]
puffadder Offline

Loc: UK
Hi kapow.
Ignore the cynics in here. There are too many people who are more concerned with knocking anything that's outslde their own limited imagination than actually trying to increase their own knowledge.
It makes them feel better about themselves by putting down anything they don't understand. You should feel sorry for them as they are holding themselves back.

When you focused on your breathing hopefully you started taking in more air with every breath without increasing your muscular tension. By doing this you increased the amount of oxygen (and qi) to every cell in your body. These cells desperately need oxygen but due to most people's poor breathing and postural habits every cell is in a constant fight for the oxygen resources it needs. When your breathing improves you will feel temporarily light headed and light of limb as the muscle and brain cells get used to a higher intake of oxygen and can function more efficiently hence increasing your muscular strength in the planche. Improving your breathing is probably the single most important thing anyone can do to improve their general health as it is so key to the good functioning of every aspect of our physicality.

The second aspect you mentioned was the visualisation of a punching technique. There are 2 ways of looking at this, call them eastern and western if you like.
It has been shown that visualisation of a movement triggers the same pathways in the brain as physically performing the movement. many top sportsmen use this kind of visualisation to keep them at the top of their game. It is also called mental rehearsal and there is a wealth of info around that goes deeper into it. The brain pathways were triggering which triggered the unconscious clenching of your fist.

The eastern mind says that the mind leads the qi so by visualising the movement you were sending your energy through the pathways that led to the punching technique. This was the current that you felt moving down your arm. The reason for it only happening in one arm would be due to an energy blockage in your right arm or shoulder preventing you from feeling the flow.

Hence 2 ways to look at the same thing. Does it matter which viewpoint you take? Many will say yes but what I think matters is the effect not the labels we put on it.

Now bring on the cynics and doubters. This should be entertaining.

#390916 - 04/21/08 12:50 PM Re: ENERGY Collection [Re: puffadder]
kapow Offline

Brian S...I cant believe you go out of your way to post the things you post, what a waste of mental energy! I am happy with you leading your life with a closed mind, not even making a slight attempt to use that mental energy to try to understand other aspects of life, body and mind. Just because you may not be able to do something yourself, does not mean no one else can. Read the Guinness Book of Records. watch people who can manipulate their body and have control of mind over body, do something to broaden that mind of yours rather than shunning everything you cant comprehend or understand. You say 'wisdom does not come with age' you shouldn't give yourself the privilage of making such a comment. This also goes out to the other people who have the same ideals, although i mention BrianS specifically because i dont think he realised that the topic moved on from the initial questions.

I did ask to forgive me in my original post for what i posted. What that meant is if the post came across as too far fetched to some of you or you just thought of it as plain silly, ignore it and move on. Still some feel a massive urge to post pointless replies. What a life you must lead.

Let it go people. Fight that urge. Do not post on here to argue with some of the replies. I admit my post may have come across as a little over the top to some but all i wanted was some direction as to where to look for answers, or even better, some answers.

Thanks to those who do "get it" especially 'puffadder' who has pretty much hit the nail on the head. Reading about yoga, tai chi, even scientifically what you said has been explained. Thank you for such an informative reply. I hope to call on you again, and some others, in the near future for you to part with some of your knowledge. If you will, ofcourse.

Many Thanks to All...Even the cynics and those who felt good putting us down.

#390917 - 04/21/08 02:05 PM Re: ENERGY Collection [Re: kapow]
cxt Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: USA
kapow

Why should we ignore foolishness?

If we don't address it people might get the idea that by our silence we condone it.

Brian S quite rightly IMO questioned and addressed the points needed.

From my POV you seem really invested in not having anyone question you.

Plus, I always find it weird to have people lecture others about it being poor manners to judge and question--while they totally ignore that is EXACTLY what they are doing....your upset with "pointless replies" so you take the timne to pointlessly reply??

Makes little sense to me.

In terms of your first question---can you repeat it?

And more to the point--can people that do that move WITHOUT using some kind of "internal" energy?

Either way that would seem a good place to start thinking about this issue---if you can't repeat it--then what is the point?
And people are perfectly capable of doing the move without having to tap some kind of energy field....then that would seem to me to a better stating place for thought.....a reproducable effect that depends on tried and true reliable training methods that workk more or less the same for everyone.

Pretty simple approach as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by cxt (04/21/08 02:10 PM)

#390918 - 04/21/08 06:33 PM Re: ENERGY Collection [Re: cxt]
kapow Offline

**sigh**...ill do this for your sake.

a) my last post isnt pointless at all.
try to look at the positive aspects of the post rather than the negative. ill let you work that one out.

b) ignore foolishness??
did you even bother to read the entire thread? did you attempt to make any sense of it at all? did you even attempt to understand any possibilities in what was being said?

c) invested in not having people question? lecturing people?
if people bothered to read the original post, then this thread would only be made up of viable replies. something to really consider or understand. not people taking the pi-ss, which is what i was trying to point out. you can quite rightly voice your opinion in an appropriate manner without making a mockery. i also went out of my way to apologise but this seems to have gone waay over some peoples heads.

d) you say 'if you cant repeat it then what is the point'
do you apply that throughout your life? could it not be possible that it may be repeated through appropriate instruction form someone who has an inkling of an idea what is happening? you can repeat many things in life if you wish to do so at your own will. try not to negate the idea.

e) believe me, nobody will take your silence as a sign that you 'condone' foolishness....
again, if you read the original thread, you would understand there was no need to think this way. if you read my most recent reply, again you would understand there was no need for you to feel in such a way. you come across as someone who doesn't understand or grasp the idea or concept behind what you read. the side of you which decides what is foolish has been appropriately addressed. i dont want to think of you as the mouth in speaking for those who decide for themselves what is foolish and what isnt.

f) you show you have not understood the original post.
you say 'can people do that without using some kind of internal energy'..nobody said you can or cant do something without using energy. you dont make much sense, and if you cant make much sense, i dont expect others to make much sense to you..as you said 'makes little sense to me'

g) by the way, the questions posed in this thread have pretty much been answered to the best of others abilities.

if you wish to ignore the last few comments made in my original post..well, the enitire post even, and...
...if you feel that the original post is bull..i totally understand. you dont need to post to tell me this.
...if you feel the need to make fun, i totally understand. you dont need to post to tell me this.
i dont mind anyone with questions, but read the entire thread and ask away as you would in a proper manner.
is civility too much to ask?

i know i may have not been so civil, i understand that, i wish to stop that, so why dont we keep all posts from here on civil. lets curb the need for put downs, negativity etc.

please leave the posting to those who wish to contribute some information, or experiences which they wish to share, which relates to the original post.

now THIS is what i call a pointless post by myself. gone against what i shouldn't be doing. we all have our moments.

#390919 - 04/21/08 09:00 PM Re: ENERGY Collection [Re: puffadder]
jkdwarrior Offline

Loc: belfast, Antrim, Ireland
Quote:

Improving your breathing is probably the single most important thing anyone can do to improve their general health as it is so key to the good functioning of every aspect of our physicality.

Amen to that, Puffadder!

#390920 - 04/21/08 09:27 PM Re: ENERGY Collection [Re: kapow]
cxt Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: USA
kapow

So you AGAIN, you post a long rambling post about what a pain it is to have to deal with people that post long rambling posts?
Pot I would like to introduce you to the kettle---later we will all throw stones at everyone elses glass houses.

Ya, cause that makes sense.

There seems to be a differnce of opinon as to what counts as a "viable reply"---you seem to be laboring under the delusion that "viable" means something like "wow--your so brillant and make such interesting points--I agree with you fully!!!!!"
Where-as I see "viable" as having a broader meaning---you may not like what you read---but it might do you some real good.....consider that the person needing a open mind "might" be YOU.

BTW the assumption that because I and others disagree a bit about what you posted means "you don't understand or grasp the idea and concept" is a little too hubris filled for my tastes---and people claim that martial arts teach humility.

(as an aside, I have been told more than once that your art is often a reflection of yourself---so arrogant posts like this might just be the reason your having trouble tapping your internal power. )

If you don't grasp why being able to do that move WITHOUT using internal power is relevent--then there is little I can do for you.......rule # of logcial inquiry is alternative explinations.

You "share your expereinces" on a PUBLIC FORUM you invite PUBLIC comment...either deal with it or don't....but life is often rough I recommend a helmet...this is not your personal blog spot.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Cord, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Stun Guns
Variety of stun gun devices for your protection

Buy Pepper Spray
Worry about your family when you’re not around? Visit us today to protect everything you value.

Koryu.com
Accurate information on the ancient martial traditions of the Japanese samurai

C2 Taser
Protect yourself and loved ones from CRIME with the latest C2 Taser citizen model. Very effective.

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga