FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 64 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Shanktotheright, royal, bobgalle100011, agenonline, TooNice
22862 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
THEFOREVERMAN 3
MattJ 2
royal 2
Dobbersky 2
cxt 1
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
New Topics
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by Marcus Charles
03/24/14 04:39 PM
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by Dobbersky
03/20/14 05:45 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
AKK kata question
by
09/04/05 01:27 PM
Recent Posts
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by THEFOREVERMAN
04/16/14 08:22 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by THEFOREVERMAN
04/16/14 08:20 AM
AKK kata question
by MattJ
04/04/14 05:45 PM
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Forum Stats
22862 Members
36 Forums
35546 Topics
432378 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#390901 - 04/11/08 08:14 PM ENERGY Collection
kapow Offline

I didn't know how to title this thread and came up with the first thing that came to mind forgive me.

Quick Question...

How many have collected energy to make the body really light..Allowing you to..Train harder, for example?

If you need me to clarify please let me know.

Thanks!

#390902 - 04/11/08 08:22 PM Re: ENERGY Collection [Re: kapow]
BrianS Offline
Higher rank than you
Professional Poster

Loc: Northwest Arkansas
Please clarify.

#390903 - 04/14/08 11:05 AM Re: ENERGY Collection [Re: BrianS]
kapow Offline

Ok ill clarify. Im not aware of the correct terminology etc so pardon me.

Ive never decided to take up any form of fighting or any chi methods even though im a huge fan...a very lazy guy. Anyway heres the story so far.

Before the daya of youtube etc when all you could do was read about tai chi, one day i thought id try to just focus on breathing.

Nothing happened.

However the following, was purely accidental..if anyone could share any light on this.

1) Heres what happened...I might have fallen asleep i dont know but i opened my eyes, and my entire body just felt wierd. I swear it felt as though everything was in unison, connected, and i felt extremely light. What i mean is, if i was to raise my arm or move my leg, it felt so light and easy, you dont feel as though your moving.

Oh, and it felt POWERFUL! I mean i could just feel my strength. Why is this relevant? Well a few days before this happened i was reading up on the 'tuck planche' and 'planche' exercise. I tried to attempt the 'tuck planche' and it was soooo hard! I couldnt do it. I could not bring myself to even hold that position. The only position i could hold was the 'elbows inside of knees..frog type' position for like, 30 secs.

However, when my body changed states and id become extremely light and i felt the strength, the first thing that came to mind was..'try the tuck planche'

I attempted this and i maxxed out 12 reps of the tuck planche!!!! (so i held the tuck planche and did push ups on my hands in this position)

It felt incredible..but after the 12th i could feel my body returning to its normal state i just felt really drained.

2) This is another totally separate experience. This particular feeling i can now do after about 20 mins of focusing. (am i spelling this right?)

Basically, if i sit really still and quite, and if i imagine i am punching someone, i can feel..well ill call it a current because it feels like a current, that runs down my right shoulder, past the elbow, into my right hand..and my hand will clench and jerk forward into a punching motion. The feeling itself isnt powerful or anything, but this happens with me just imaginging it, i dont raise my hand or clench it knowingly. It only happens in my right arm i cant do it in my left.

Anyone? Any ideas whats going on? Im sure many of you who practise tai chi and stuff may know whats going on. Thanks for paying attention i know its rather long.

I hope you dont make fun of this because it does sound unreal i know. Which i why i posted in here instead of some bog standard skeptics forum because im hoping someone genuinely knows whats going on. :-)

By the way im not saying this is superstitious or mystical etc lol im just open to genuine ideas and thoughts.

Forgive me for posting such a small experience if some of you think its pointless me posting this.

By the way..I can only hold the tuck planche position for a little while, this was after the experience. I cant rep like i did though. I cant bring myself into that state again lol.

Edited by kapow (04/14/08 11:21 AM)

#390904 - 04/15/08 12:44 PM Re: ENERGY Collection [Re: kapow]
Leo_E_49 Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: California
Quote:

Before the daya of youtube etc when all you could do was read about tai chi, one day i thought id try to just focus on breathing.

Before the days of youtube you could seek the advice of a qualified instructor.

#390905 - 04/15/08 03:07 PM Re: ENERGY Collection [Re: Leo_E_49]
kapow Offline

Hmmm. Thats not even relevant. Maybe i should have said that where i am i need to drive atleast 40 miles to a city which has martial arts practice and tai chi instructors etc etc if i was really serious about it. I was curious at the time, now you can watch some videos on the priniciple of breathing and tai chi yoga etc but back then videos were hard to come by (free ones anyway) and a light read was good enough. I did not want to learn it then nor now. If i had access to a qualified instructor i would have asked about this then, there is a reason i have asked here. Try not to state the obvious next time and please post something useful if you know what im on about in the above post otherwise try not to exercise those fingers of yours with pointless twaddle.

Thank you

#390906 - 04/15/08 06:36 PM Re: ENERGY Collection [Re: kapow]
BrianS Offline
Higher rank than you
Professional Poster

Loc: Northwest Arkansas
Leo's advice is sound imo.

You are just a poser until you do so.

p.s. Don't forget to keep breathing. Just limit your imigination when you do so.

#390907 - 04/15/08 10:45 PM Re: ENERGY Collection [Re: kapow]
Ed_Morris Offline
Professional Poster

energy collection? yeah, they come and pick up on Tuesdays here. we are expected to separate paper, plastic, glass and trash...then they use it to to recycle but also as an energy source to partially fuel it's own recycling.

#390908 - 04/16/08 12:13 AM Re: ENERGY Collection [Re: kapow]
Sorin Offline

Loc: Oxford, MS
As far as energy arts go, I have no idea. I doubt you'll get much of an answer asking the question the way you are though. It sounds too mystical for most martial artists not to poke fun at, as you can see. Could it be something like a weird adrenaline rush that you received? Maybe for some weird reason your body pumped up some chemicals and that's why you were able to do more then you usually do.

Sorin

#390909 - 04/16/08 04:43 AM Re: ENERGY Collection [Re: kapow]
eyrie Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: QLD, Australia
Perhaps you mean energy cultivation and not collection. I don't think energy can be "collected" as such... that'll just defy the laws of physics.... you can however, store and release (like a spring) - is that what you mean?

I would suggest seeking out a qualified instructor who is willing to show you this. It's hard to correct it later down the track if you don't know what you're doing and, more than likely, doing it wrong...

#390910 - 04/16/08 10:32 AM Re: ENERGY Collection [Re: kapow]
jude33 Offline
Veteran

Quote:

I didn't know how to title this thread and came up with the first thing that came to mind forgive me.

Quick Question...

How many have collected energy to make the body really light..Allowing you to..Train harder, for example?

If you need me to clarify please let me know.

Thanks!

Are you sure your werent handling a capacitor in one hand and a light bulb in the other and fell asleep and dreamt about you personaly training?

You did state you were lazy.

And you dreamed about what it would be like to actualy physicaly train and the effects of the electricity in your body was interpeted by the brain in a different way.

A capacitor collects energy so there is the energy collection.

If handled incorrectly the body might recieve a shock so it might have felt as though you had this additional surge while you dreamt you were training harder.

If you held a light bulb in the other hand and it was lit up? there might be where the brain thought of the term light.

This statement could be considered shocking though.

Just a thought.
Jude

Edited by jude33 (04/16/08 10:37 AM)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Cord, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Stun Guns
Variety of stun gun devices for your protection

Buy Pepper Spray
Worry about your family when you’re not around? Visit us today to protect everything you value.

Koryu.com
Accurate information on the ancient martial traditions of the Japanese samurai

C2 Taser
Protect yourself and loved ones from CRIME with the latest C2 Taser citizen model. Very effective.

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga